Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Split Personalities

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ChaotixBoy

PostSubject: Split Personalities   Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:46 pm

This is an interesting thought I had but I feel like maybe Eric and Dylan had alter-egos. Like Reb and Vodka. They acted like completely different people when calling each other by their nicknames. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Split Personalities   Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:59 pm

As far as Dylan, most of his friends called him Vodka. I think Zach or Nate gave him the nickname, on the card Devon made for Dylan's 16th bday she puts "VoDkA" on the BMW license plate (have you seen the card, I can post it) I think on 4/20 Dylan became "V" or some sort of manifestation of his years of anger. He was the nastier of the two. Though to the general public Dylan is still the quiet, depressed kid who got sucked into Eric's evil plot.

For Eric, he took on the persona of Reb. It got to the point that his coworkers called him "Reb Harris" There is a 911 call from either a boss or a coworker from Blackjack on 4/20 and he said something like "I work with Reb Harris" Eric was scrawny, he didn't get girls, he got picked on, he had health problems but Reb was bad ass, full of hate, no one messed with Reb. Reb could build bombs and do whatever the hell he wanted.

This is a good thread to look at.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eldigato
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Split Personalities   Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
As far as Dylan, most of his friends called him Vodka. I think Zach or Nate gave him the nickname, on the card Devon made for Dylan's 16th bday she puts "VoDkA" on the BMW license plate (have you seen the card, I can post it) I think on 4/20 Dylan became "V" or some sort of manifestation of his years of anger. He was the nastier of the two. Though to the general public Dylan is still the quiet, depressed kid who got sucked into Eric's evil plot.

For Eric, he took on the persona of Reb. It got to the point that his coworkers called him "Reb Harris" There is a 911 call from either a boss or a coworker from Blackjack on 4/20 and he said something like "I work with Reb Harris" Eric was scrawny, he didn't get girls, he got picked on, he had health problems but Reb was bad ass, full of hate, no one messed with Reb. Reb could build bombs and do whatever the hell he wanted.

This is a good thread to look at.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Columbine has been so Cullenized. Kinda sad really. Dylan was good at hiding his anger but had the occasional huge outburst.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Split Personalities   Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:11 pm

I do remember though and I'm not sure why it was this way but I followed the case for a while when it first happened and a LOT of Dylans actions and words were associated with Eric and Dylan was known as the "sweet one" who lost his way...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: Split Personalities   Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:14 pm

I feel this is especially true with Eric. I agree with Screaming. He hid his many insecurities behind his REB mask.

Although Dylan didn't really try to make everyone call him Vodka the way Eric had people refer to him as REB. In my opinion REB was who Eric desperately wanted to be.

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CALU

PostSubject: Re: Split Personalities   Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:21 pm

There are no proofs that both of them suffered of Dissociative Identity Disorder, so, I wouldn't say so.

AND REMEMBER 薬物はやめろ
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Split Personalities   Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:05 pm

This is an interesting thought I had but I feel like maybe Eric and Dylan had alter-egos. Like Reb and Vodka. They acted like completely different people when calling each other by their nicknames. What do you guys think?

An alter-ego is not the same as a split personality.

View user profile Online
Pho3nix

PostSubject: Re: Split Personalities   Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:30 am

It's easier to handle being somebody you can control parts of (badass, smart, god-like military Doom guy OC) than someone you seemingly have no control over (chest deformity, scrawny, short virgin nobody takes seriously). And I think both boys, but especially Eric, were all about control. Why be me when I can be a super soldier? Having others call him by his OC name only strengthened the fire and made it feel more like he really was "Reb".

As far as VoDkA I think Dylan liked how "adult" it made him sound. He really seemed to be going for a Mickey in NBK esque vibe to me. Did Mickey drink vodka?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Split Personalities   Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:52 am

As far as VoDkA I think Dylan liked how "adult" it made him sound. He really seemed to be going for a Mickey in NBK esque vibe to me. Did Mickey drink vodka?

I don't think so but it's been a few months since I last watched the film.

View user profile Online
ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: Split Personalities   Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:27 am

It's easier to handle being somebody you can control parts of (badass, smart, god-like military Doom guy OC) than someone you seemingly have no control over (chest deformity, scrawny, short virgin nobody takes seriously). And I think both boys, but especially Eric, were all about control. Why be me when I can be a super soldier? Having others call him by his OC name only strengthened the fire and made it feel more like he really was "Reb".

Completely agree. Being REB was a shield that Eric felt semi protective behind. I think Eric insisted everyone call him REB because it helped fuel that fantasy.

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Split Personalities   Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:21 am

Completely agree. Being REB was a shield that Eric felt semi protective behind.  I think Eric insisted everyone call him REB because it helped fuel that fantasy.  

I can see how Dylan felt more adult having a nickname like VoDkA. I think he may have been a bit of an old soul, he was also board in HS with what he was learning and was frustrated that he couldn't get a tech job at the age of 16.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Split Personalities
Page 1 of 1