Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber   Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:26 pm

Adam P. Lanza was an Anarchist of the Anarcho-Primitivist type and even "quoted" the name of the Unabomber in one of his ShockedBeyondBelief posts.
Was Lanza's philosophy partially inspired by the Unabomber's philosophy ?
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 34000

PostSubject: Re: Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber   Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:30 pm

CALU wrote:
Adam P. Lanza was an Anarchist of the Anarcho-Primitivist type and even "quoted" the name of the Unabomber in one of his ShockedBeyondBelief posts.

I think his philosophy was partially cribbed from the Unabomber, but I do not think that it was his justification for murder.

View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber   Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:13 am

Back to top Go down
Whysomangry

Contribution Points : 4096

PostSubject: Re: Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber   Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:35 pm

Guest wrote:

I think he was ripping great swathes of his own personal beliefs from Ted Kaczynski, who ripped his ideas from some French philosopher and Nietzsche.
Adam Lanza was a prolific reader of massive attacks, so there's no way he didn't know about the Unabomber, and then you see his obsession with hunter-gatherers, and it becomes obvious he read the manifesto. There's no way he didn't. He was probably mentally above-average, but he wasn't smart enough to see something like that so young.

I think it's tragic that Kaczynski's manifesto landed in the brain of someone so mentally unstable, as it has time and time again.
I don't think he ever wanted anything like this to happen. Lanza was only 20 years old, so his brain wasn't even done developing.
Society is repressive and hurtful, but kids don't know this yet. They are ignorant and alive and grateful for life. There is no moral reason to hurt children that are going through the best period of their lives. Lanza did not shoot-up a highschool or college (both things that could've been morally justified), he destroyed one of the only good things on earth, and he really did it all for himself and no other reason.

I think the entire thing was just malevolence toward an unjust world. Lanza was a loser, and his mother made him that way.
No friends, No job, No girlfriend, and about to get kicked out of his Mommies crib. Mind all tossed-up by 4 years of social isolation. No social skills. No real reason to want to exist.
Fascination with violence because he was frustrated in every way, not because he was "researching a broken society". Depressed by all the nothing that he was doing. Weakened in the body and mind. Terrified of the outside world like my cat is terrified of green grass. I have extreme doubt he even walked up and down his street.

All it took was some conscientiousness, and he would go from nothing to something, and that's what he did.
The entire shooting wasn't a holy war to protect kids from their future. Some of them would grow to be very happy in society, and Lanza was likely aware of this. It was just a pathetic man-child slamming the door on IRL because he couldn't get what he wanted in an unfair world. He was a "vegetarian" so that he could have some sort of moral high ground in his mind that elevated him above others, not because he was a benevolent creature. If he was truly a caring person, he would've acknowledged that childhood is valuable, and he never would've perpetrated Sandy Hook. He even THREATENED to shoot-up the elementary school. He knew it was some fucked-up evil shit with no true moral explanation, so he THREATENED it. James Holmes did his shooting spree at night to specifically avoid hurting children, and his IQ was 126.

Do you honestly think he would've done any of it if he had a girlfriend? The obvious answer is no. Lanza did not see beyond his own needs. He did not have a real reason that was greater than himself to kill children. Even if Lanza's professed motive was Anachro-primitivism that was ripped straight from the Unabomber, I don't think Kaczynski's manifesto was really the root cause of any of this. I think Lanza used it as an excuse in his own brain to lash out at the world and become famous in the process. If not that manifesto, then something else. You could pick any western philosopher and Lanza could twist the ideas to suit his needs just like Eric Harris.

PostSubject: Re: Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber   Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:18 pm

@Whysomangry wrote:
Lanza did not shoot-up a highschool or college (both things that could've been morally justified)

Last edited by Halcyon666 on Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Found a better one)
Back to top Go down
imgview
Banned

Contribution Points : 4422

PostSubject: Re: Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber   Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:49 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Guest wrote:

I think he was ripping great swathes of his own personal beliefs from Ted Kaczynski, who ripped his ideas from some French philosopher and Nietzsche.
Adam Lanza was a prolific reader of massive attacks, so there's no way he didn't know about the Unabomber, and then you see his obsession with hunter-gatherers, and it becomes obvious he read the manifesto. There's no way he didn't. He was probably mentally above-average, but he wasn't smart enough to see something like that so young.

I think it's tragic that Kaczynski's manifesto landed in the brain of someone so mentally unstable, as it has time and time again.
I don't think he ever wanted anything like this to happen. Lanza was only 20 years old, so his brain wasn't even done developing.
Society is repressive and hurtful, but kids don't know this yet. They are ignorant and alive and grateful for life. There is no moral reason to hurt children that are going through the best period of their lives. Lanza did not shoot-up a highschool or college (both things that could've been morally justified), he destroyed one of the only good things on earth, and he really did it all for himself and no other reason.

I think the entire thing was just malevolence toward an unjust world. Lanza was a loser, and his mother made him that way.
No friends, No job, No girlfriend, and about to get kicked out of his Mommies crib. Mind all tossed-up by 4 years of social isolation. No social skills. No real reason to want to exist.
Fascination with violence because he was frustrated in every way, not because he was "researching a broken society". Depressed by all the nothing that he was doing. Weakened in the body and mind. Terrified of the outside world like my cat is terrified of green grass. I have extreme doubt he even walked up and down his street.

All it took was some conscientiousness, and he would go from nothing to something, and that's what he did.
The entire shooting wasn't a holy war to protect kids from their future. Some of them would grow to be very happy in society, and Lanza was likely aware of this. It was just a pathetic man-child slamming the door on IRL because he couldn't get what he wanted in an unfair world. He was a "vegetarian" so that he could have some sort of moral high ground in his mind that elevated him above others, not because he was a benevolent creature. If he was truly a caring person, he would've acknowledged that childhood is valuable, and he never would've perpetrated Sandy Hook. He even THREATENED to shoot-up the elementary school. He knew it was some fucked-up evil shit with no true moral explanation, so he THREATENED it. James Holmes did his shooting spree at night to specifically avoid hurting children, and his IQ was 126.

Do you honestly think he would've done any of it if he had a girlfriend? The obvious answer is no. Lanza did not see beyond his own needs. He did not have a real reason that was greater than himself to kill children. Even if Lanza's professed motive was Anachro-primitivism that was ripped straight from the Unabomber, I don't think Kaczynski's manifesto was really the root cause of any of this. I think Lanza used it as an excuse in his own brain to lash out at the world and become famous in the process. If not that manifesto, then something else. You could pick any western philosopher and Lanza could twist the ideas to suit his needs just like Eric Harris.
I agree that he did it out of frustration but I dont think Nancy made him "that way". She tried to help AL his entire life and had him go to doctors and under people, when he got older he choose to give it all up and hide in his room. I also dont think she was an enabler, she just failed to see how bad things have become and so she didnt react appropriately. There is also an obsolete stigma on psychiartric hospitals, so she didnt see that as a viable option.

Halcyon666 wrote:
Lanza did not shoot-up a highschool or college (both things that could've been morally justified)

Every dead high schooler makes the internet a better place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 34000

PostSubject: Re: Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber   Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:13 pm

Easy there Coldsteel.

View user profile
InsaneIntruder
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 30783

PostSubject: Re: Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber   Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:36 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

- XXXTentacion
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emanation of Darkness
Banned

Contribution Points : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber   Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:07 pm

Guest wrote:

In context of Kaczynski's morals it would be an attack on institutions perpetuating the misery and enslavement of technological civilization. Also, possibly disturbing his peace with various nightmarish machinery XD .

Like the civilization meaning people being overworked, not getting enough sleep, constantly forced to live with whothefuckarthesepeople instead of a real community, all the civilization related diseases, abuses of power, etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheGoodGuy

Contribution Points : 17669

PostSubject: Re: Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber   Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:32 pm

Guest wrote:

Very interesting read although I dislike your use of the words Ripped off. You have to know that almost every philospher has "ripped off" others ideas as a base to form their own you make it sound like Lanza wasn´t original and just copy pasted from others but basically all philosophers has "stolen" the ideas of other great philosophers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDragonoid

Contribution Points : 1887

PostSubject: Re: Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber   Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:43 pm

Yaeh, to be 100% orginal is impossible, as Eric Harris has already told us.

BTW, i've been meaning to read the Unabomber Manifesto. Do you guys know where i can find it?

And thinking like a devil"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
STK
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 19820

PostSubject: Re: Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber   Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:33 am

Yaeh, to be 100% orginal is impossible, as Eric Harris has already told us.

BTW, i've been meaning to read the Unabomber Manifesto. Do you guys know where i can find it?
here you go mate:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber   

Back to top Go down

Adam P. Lanza's possible philosophical inspiration: The Unabomber
Page 1 of 1