Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Monstrous: The Autobiography of a Serial Killer But For the Grace of God

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EthanEmerson

PostSubject: Monstrous: The Autobiography of a Serial Killer But For the Grace of God   Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:51 pm

I knew this author on AIM many years ago, perhaps it was 2000 or 2001... he went by "Ommy Alker" on AOL.

We spoke when he was writing his book and lost touch maybe sometime around 2005.

I'm curious to know if anyone has read his book? I haven't, and I've been trying to get to the point where I can read it. I will eventually...

I'm also curious to know if he's still around somewhere lurking, perhaps here under a different name?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: Monstrous: The Autobiography of a Serial Killer But For the Grace of God   Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:22 pm

I have never read it. Also the few reviews are all over the place on it.

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Monstrous: The Autobiography of a Serial Killer But For the Grace of God   Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:29 pm

He never killed anyone so he has no claim to could have/would have been a serial killer of any kind!

You can think of or fantasize about something all you want but you never fully understand something until you actually DO it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
EthanEmerson

PostSubject: Re: Monstrous: The Autobiography of a Serial Killer But For the Grace of God   Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:57 pm

I think we can learn a lot from people who did not take the steps to follow through on their compulsions, and violent fantasies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: Monstrous: The Autobiography of a Serial Killer But For the Grace of God   Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:51 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I think we can learn a lot from people who did not take the steps to follow through on their compulsions, and violent fantasies.

I can agree with that. It would be interesting to hear WHY they didn't do it.

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EthanEmerson

PostSubject: Re: Monstrous: The Autobiography of a Serial Killer But For the Grace of God   Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:28 pm

Definitely. There are people who have gone to the edge but never jumped. Others just think about wandering over to the edge. All experiences are equally valid, because each person is just one step away from the next step that eventually leads to jumping off that edge. Sometimes intervention happens in the most unexpected ways.

Monstrous: The Autobiography of a Serial Killer But For the Grace of God
Page 1 of 1