Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?

Go down 
+2
sororityalpha
Dunkelziffer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dunkelziffer

Contribution Points : 98635
Forum Reputation : 0

Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?  Empty
PostSubject: Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?    Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 11:28 am

Looking at the saved screenshot of the facebook profile allegedly belonging to the perpetrator of the Toronto Van attack on April 23, 2018 I noticed something:

In the blue facebook bar on top there is:
On the left the name of the person who's profile is looked at: Alek Minassian.
Further to the right is the little circle with the profile pic of the person who is logged into facebook. This circle is empty.
On the right it says "Nathan" - "Home" - "Find Friends".
Where it says "Nathan" usually the name of the person logged into facebook is displayed. So here it's a "Nathan" who is logged into facebook.
Below the Incel Rebellion post it says "Visualizza traduzione". This is the "show translation" button. So the person who is logged into facebook to look at Minassians's accont has Italian as standard language in their settings.
"Nathan" should be on one line with "Home" and "Find Friends". But here it stands a little lower. This looks photoshopped? Like someone took their own profile as a template and tried to replace their own name with "Nathan" but didn't quite succeed?
Also the boxes with "Intro" and "Photos" are slightly too much to the right. They overlap with the timeline box.
Below the Incel Rebellion"post are the buttons for "Like", "Comment" and "Share" in a vertical line. In a "normal" facebook profile they should be on a horizontal line.
Further below is the box to write a comment and the icons for emoji, photo/Video, gif and sticker. This icons are also not in one line like they should be.
Also on the right below the "Photos" Box should be the "Friends" box, but there is nothing. Even if Minassian wouldn't have had any facebook friends, the box should still be here, no?

So, this can't be a real screenshot? I can't think of a method taking a screenshot which would move things around and left things out?

Here the archived screenshot:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Abc News published in an arcticle a "clean" version (boxes are aligned etc. but the top bar with "Natan" in it is missing) of Minassian's alleged facebook account. Did they just photoshop their own version?
Because by the time this article was published the "real" Minassian account was already deleted by facebook.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Also at the time the screenshot surfaced this picture of Minassian was the first to pop up with the name "Alek Minassian". It's the same picture as the one in his linkedin account.
When I wrote the post yesterday that there was a CompSci student in Richmond named Alek Minassian, I had also found his linkedin account and this picture. (I didn't post this info in the thread in case there was a case of mistakend identity / a Ryan Lanza situation going on.)

Dunkelziffer wrote:
PostSubject: Re: Toronto Van Incident April 2018   Mon Apr 23, 2018
Sources confirmed to CBS News that the suspect has been identified as Alek Minassian, 25.
Source:
There is a CompSci student named Alek Minassian at Seneca College (Richmond Hill, Ontario).
No other source has come forward with a name for the perpetrator.
There is also the time on the phone with the Incel Rebellion post how it surfaced first / how I've seen it first yesterday: The time on the phone reads 3:15 PM, while the attack started before 1:30 PM. But time zones, so?

Here the tweet of the Global News Toronto crime reporter who "broke" the info about the Incel Rebellion post:

I'm really curious how this turnes out. At the moment newsoutlets all aver the world are writing about incels and are explaining the Incel Rebellion (how they call it) to their audience. They call the incels a movement are going into 4Chan, Reddit etc. I'm just waiting until an article brings up the Red Pill, PUAhate.com or Rodger's manifesto.

What do you think? In line with Sam Hyde and Pizzagate and someone over at 4Chan is having a massive laugh?
Back to top Go down
Dunkelziffer

PostSubject: Re: Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?    Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 11:54 am

Not very good etiquette to reply to my own post Cool . But I just found this YouTube video explaining some of the points I made above regarding the archived screenshot of the alleged Minassian facebook profile.
The guy has an annoying voice but some good points:

Here also a 4Chan thread by someone trying to debunk this shot. (Maybe the possible source of a hoax is not the best place to debunk something?)

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?    Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 1:55 am

real. you guys gotta see the shit the mainstream media has reported on incels.

incels are usually awkward guys who arent usually violent although a minority are.

guess what the media did?

they made these awkward depressed guys into a fucking scapegoat and basically guaranteeing the homicidal ones notoriety

so the media turned these guys into a terrorist group called "INCEL" and they treat it like theyre a bunch of mysoginistics who want free sex even though all of those posts are memes and b8

it's like the new fucking isis they go OMG INCEL IS PLANNING TO KILL ALL WOMEN and all the feminists freak

fucking incels those fat neckbears are now part of the horrid terrorist group "INCEL"

i'm not making this shit up

be ready for this:

i want to inhale carbon monoxide

the comments on the articles are people making fun of incels ensuring that more will snap, great job idiots. bullying the kids that were bullied. good way to create more problems.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?    Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 1:59 am

please if your an elliot fanboi dont do an attack because these mainstream media articles make me want to play russian roulette with a 50 bmg semi auto
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 122083
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?    Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 8:44 am

Back to top Go down
Undyne

Contribution Points : 101688
Forum Reputation : 27

PostSubject: Re: Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?    Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 12:33 pm

eldigato wrote:

incels are usually awkward guys who arent usually violent although a minority are.

they made these awkward depressed guys into a fucking scapegoat and basically guaranteeing the homicidal ones notoriety

so the media turned these guys into a terrorist group called "INCEL" and they treat it like theyre a bunch of mysoginistics who want free sex even though all of those posts are memes and b8

it's like the new fucking isis they go OMG INCEL IS PLANNING TO KILL ALL WOMEN and all the feminists freak

fucking incels those fat neckbears are now part of the horrid terrorist group "INCEL"

be ready for this:

the comments on the articles are people making fun of incels ensuring that more will snap, great job idiots. bullying the kids that were bullied. good way to create more problems.

No, incels really are deranged, sexist sociopaths.

Read some of these topics.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91742
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?    Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 12:51 pm

Undyne wrote:
eldigato wrote:

be ready for this:

No, incels really are deranged, sexist sociopaths.  

Read some of these topics.
Not all Incels are like that, it's only a vocal minority. That's like saying all Muslims are terrorists and all White people are racist.
Back to top Go down
Undyne

PostSubject: Re: Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?    Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 1:00 pm

There's a difference between a virgin (like yours truly) and a person who calls themselves an incel. People like that are, without fail, people who hate women for not giving them the sex they think they deserve.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?    Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 1:02 pm

Undyne wrote:
There's a difference between a virgin (like yours truly) and a person who calls themselves an incel.
An Incel is a virgin, it's only a small minority that hate women, the majority do not.
Back to top Go down
Undyne

PostSubject: Re: Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?    Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 1:19 pm

I said that badly. Incels are virgins, obviously, but a person who labels themselves an "incel" is almost always a sexist man who hates women for not giving them the sex they think they deserve. I mean, do you ever wonder why it is always men who label themselves incels?
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?    Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 1:30 pm

Undyne wrote:
I said that badly.  Incels are virgins, obviously, but a person who labels themselves an "incel" is almost always a sexist man who hates women for not giving them the sex they think they deserve.  I mean, do you ever wonder why it is always men who label themselves incels?
The word Incel was actually invented by a woman, and again it's only a minority that are sexist, the majority aren't. People label themselves Incel because it's what they identify with.
Back to top Go down
Undyne

PostSubject: Re: Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?    Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 1:32 pm

Right, but now it is used almost exclusively by men to describe themselves. Why do you think that is the case?
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?    Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 1:37 pm

Undyne wrote:
Right, but now it is used almost exclusively by men to describe themselves.  Why do you think that is the case?
Idk, maybe because the majority of those who are lonely and depressed are men.
Back to top Go down
Undyne

PostSubject: Re: Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?    Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 1:44 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
Undyne wrote:
Right, but now it is used almost exclusively by men to describe themselves.  Why do you think that is the case?

I don't think this is true at all.  Women are actually more likely than men to be diagnosed with depression, although this could be because the patriarchy society convinces men to not talk about their problems because it's not manly.
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85628
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?    Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 3:45 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Below the Incel Rebellion post it says "Visualizza traduzione". This is the "show translation" button. So the person who is logged into facebook to look at Minassians's accont has Italian as standard language in their settings.
I just want to point out that despite this, everything else is in English.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?    Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 7:07 pm

Undyne wrote:
I said that badly.  Incels are virgins, obviously, but a person who labels themselves an "incel" is almost always a sexist man who hates women for not giving them the sex they think they deserve.  I mean, do you ever wonder why it is always men who label themselves incels?

u've never met fembots?

there are female incels
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?    Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 7:09 pm

Undyne wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
Undyne wrote:

I don't think this is true at all.  Women are actually more likely than men to be diagnosed with depression, although this could be because the patriarchy society convinces men to not talk about their problems because it's not manly.

dont tell me you believe in the patriarchy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?    Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 7:09 pm

can you not turn every discussion into an argument because "ZOMG WOMEN R MOAR DUHPREZD"

nobody really cares m8
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?    Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2018 1:10 pm

feminism= Women incel
Incel= Man feminism

Both= Equally bad
Back to top Go down
Dunkelziffer

PostSubject: Re: Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?    Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2018 3:31 am

InsaneIntruder wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I just want to point out that despite this, everything else is in English.

You are right.

The "To see what he shares with friends, send him a friend request." and "Alek Minassian updated his profile picture." and all the buttons (Like, Comment, Share etc.)  and so forth would also be in italian, had the person logged into facebok italian as standard language in their settings. Right?

This screenshot is so out of wack, it's not even funny.

Here an image with this combination: Page that is looked at is in english and account settings of the person logged into facebook with standard language italien:

Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120178
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?    Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2018 12:15 pm

Population Control wrote:
feminism= Women incel

Not necessarily. 

InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

PostSubject: Re: Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?    Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2018 4:12 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
feminism= Women incel

Not necessarily. 
Is that one of the Bully Hunters(tm)?
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120178
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?    Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 2:00 am

InsaneIntruder wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
feminism= Women incel

Not necessarily. 

It's Zoe Quinn lol.

InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

PostSubject: Re: Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?    Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 2:12 am

QuestionMark wrote:
InsaneIntruder wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
feminism= Women incel

Not necessarily. 

It's Zoe Quinn lol.
Oh. She's involved with GamerGate. What a surprise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?    Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alek Minassian facebook profile "Incel Rebellion" fake?
Page 1 of 1