Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What happened to leaked photos of the victims?

Go down 
+15
joebox97
whyno
Holloka
Screamingophelia
properground
llpoolhey
slippy123
Lunkhead McGrath
SandraSmit19
nukethemnoobs
QuestionMark
KitanaJillLayne912
Daniel768
FlyerFan
zey
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
zey

Contribution Points : 55379
Forum Reputation : 0

What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Empty
PostSubject: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2018 3:51 pm

Hey guys, recently finished up Brooks Brown's novel on his experiences with Columbine, and he mentions leaked photos of victims surfacing in 2002. I've attached a link to the article he was referring to, not sure if those photos are still around but I can't imagine they were completely wiped from the internet.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
FlyerFan

FlyerFan

Contribution Points : 76672
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2018 5:11 pm

I’ve never seen them. I don’t think they were leaked as much as the shooter photo was. I do remember when this happened, families were super upset about it. If it were my child I certainly wouldn’t want their corpse all over the place. Anyone with a conscience wouldn’t share them.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193506
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2018 5:41 pm

Was that around the same time as the suicide photos were leaked?

Contribution Points : 55379

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2018 7:36 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Was that around the same time as the suicide photos were leaked?

Yeah, Eric and Dylan's photo was leaked alongside the photos of the victims.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2018 7:44 pm

I can understand the families being extremely upset. Sad  

But I won't lie. From a researcher's viewpoint, a small part of me wants to see them along with all the other crime scene pics.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120178
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2018 8:06 pm

I imagine some sicko on the internet has them saved somewhere. Whether that sicko is willing to share or still has them is anyone's guess.

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 6:45 am

QuestionMark wrote:
I imagine some sicko on the internet has them saved somewhere. Whether that sicko is willing to share or still has them is anyone's guess.

True. But after so long you would think they would've been leaked at some point. scratch
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 9:02 am

I think Danny R’s dad was the one who leaked the suicide photos, so does that mean he was the one who leaked the others?

Daniel768

Contribution Points : 65442
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2018 9:56 am

Did crime scene photos from the library ever got leaked?
Back to top Go down
FlyerFan

FlyerFan

Contribution Points : 76672
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 12:06 pm

Daniel768 wrote:
Did crime scene photos from the library ever got leaked?  

Yes thats what were talking about. All of the library crime scene photos were leaked at some point. The only ones that were made public were the ones of the shooters however. I am a little curious as to how they have kept the others from being scene or leaked further but remember this was back in the day of AOL. Photos couldn't just be snapped and uploaded immediately. The shooters photos were published in a magazine and were likely then put online after that.
Back to top Go down
KitanaJillLayne912

Contribution Points : 55197

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 12:58 am

That's news to me. I actually had no idea besides Rachel and Danny that photos existed of the victims. They probably are on the internet somewhere. The Internet is such a big place, and if they were leaked before, they could be out there. For the respect of the families though, they should be hidden.
Back to top Go down
nukethemnoobs

Contribution Points : 65527
Forum Reputation : 6

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2018 10:57 am

I want to seem them so bad!!!

missymystery and Kwasi like this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2018 10:06 pm

I'm not sure, i've seen images of a few of the victims, but they are already known of, not ones of some of the victims in the library for example.

I would be interested in seeing them, i'm not dying to see them unlike with the Basement tapes and with the complete 911 call.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120178
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2018 10:07 pm

nukethemnoobs wrote:

I find this comment and that other one of yours that stated you were afraid of the feds arresting/investigating you pretty suspicious.

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2018 10:38 pm

Were these photos supposedly leaked on the internet or passed around Littleton? I seem to recall reading somewhere that someone had stated after Columbine, photos from the shooting were passed around Littleton.

If the images were uploaded online at some point, I would assume they are still out there and/or someone has them and could be found with enough digging.

Edit: Are these leaked photos possibly the photos we have all already seen, not photos of bodies inside the library? The photos of Rachael and Daniel, we've seen those. Are these those supposed leaked photos?
Back to top Go down
nukethemnoobs

Contribution Points : 65527
Forum Reputation : 6

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2018 11:34 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
nukethemnoobs wrote:

I find this comment and that other one of yours that stated you were afraid of the feds arresting/investigating you pretty suspicious.

I could imagine Cassie's side of her head being blown off since she got in the side of head with a shotgun
Back to top Go down
SandraSmit19

SandraSmit19

Contribution Points : 102844
Forum Reputation : 235

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2018 1:54 pm

I can sit here and be a hypocrite and say 'Oh no, I'd never look at a thing like that' but I'm afraid I'm very much human and I have a morbid fascination with death anyway, so... yeah, I'd probably look at the pictures if they were out there. I don't know how I'd feel about it afterwards, probably wish I hadn't looked. That is often the case. I haven't seen the images of Jeffrey Dahmer's victims in years but I don't think I'll ever get them out of my head Shocked

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2018 1:58 pm

SandraSmit19 wrote:
I haven't seen the images of Jeffrey Dahmer's victims in years but I don't think I'll ever get them out of my head Shocked

Yeah i feel you with that one, when i saw one of the images, that scared the shit out of me and i usually don't get scared of shit.
Whenever i do research on him, i try to avoid seeing those images because that one did it for me.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2018 2:27 pm

I could have swore there was one of Rachel in the morgue around the time I saw Dylan and Eric's... but much like Eric's soccer video I just remember seeing it and I have no tangible proof.

Though I promise when I go home for Christmas I will see if I have any of my old VHS tapes and see if I have any interviews I taped for research purposes.. along with my flaming Rammstein shirt.

I thought they were photo shopped and I was pretty horrified they were leaked. I know what they did was horrible but it did nothing but elicit more sympathy from people.

SandraSmit19

Contribution Points : 102844
Forum Reputation : 235

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2018 4:10 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
I could have swore there was one of Rachel in the morgue around the time I saw Dylan and Eric's... but much like Eric's soccer video I just remember seeing it and I have no tangible proof.

Though I promise when I go home for Christmas I will see if I have any of my old VHS tapes and see if I have any interviews I taped for research  purposes.. along with my flaming Rammstein shirt.

I thought they were photo shopped and I was pretty horrified they were leaked. I know what they did was horrible but it did nothing but elicit more sympathy from people.

I believe that picture was of Rachel Corrie, a 23-year-old activist who got run over by a bulldozer in the Gaza Strip. It was a horrible picture to look at for sure, but I think the only pictures of Rachel Scott were from a long way away.

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2018 4:36 pm

SandraSmit19 wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Though I promise when I go home for Christmas I will see if I have any of my old VHS tapes and see if I have any interviews I taped for research  purposes.. along with my flaming Rammstein shirt.

I believe that picture was of Rachel Corrie, a 23-year-old activist who got run over by a bulldozer in the Gaza Strip. It was a horrible picture to look at for sure, but I think the only pictures of Rachel Scott were from a long way away.

That could be true Sad I think you are right. It has been a long time since I have seen it.

Contribution Points : 75936
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2018 4:46 pm

The worst crime scene photos I've ever seen are those of the Jeffrey MacDonald "Fatal Vision" murder in 1970 (naked very pregnant woman and two kids bashed/stabbed to death, with the case hugely debated to this very day), the Black Dahlia dead pics, and the Dahmer victim photos. Maybe the Manson Family stuff too. If you can't stomach that sort of stuff don't go anywhere near them and I can barely stomach them myself.

These are all well known pics though and I don't really go out of my way to look for gross crime scene pics aside from well known cases where I do feel something of a need to confront the evidence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2018 11:25 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:

There are morgue photos of Eric and Dylan?
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105213
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2018 5:51 pm

There was never any photos released of any of the victims in the library dead period. No they aren't in some corner of the darkweb. Anyone that says the saw them are either lying or mistaken the picture as someone else stated above.
Back to top Go down
llpoolhey

llpoolhey

Contribution Points : 58920

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2018 2:13 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:

Hey did you ever have any luck finding that stuff? Hope you had a nice holiday
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2018 2:20 pm

llpoolhey wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I found some old VHS tapes so I’m getting closer!

llpoolhey

Contribution Points : 58920

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2018 2:23 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
llpoolhey wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I found some old VHS tapes so I’m getting closer!

Oh man that would be so incredible. I have wished to see that clip ever since I stumbled upon that old transcript. It would definitely be a big deal in the community
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2018 3:02 pm

Smile

I don’t think I would’ve taped over Anything back then, I can’t say that my family didn’t though but I’ll find a way to check the tapes!

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2018 11:56 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Smile

I don’t think I would’ve taped over Anything back then, I can’t say that my family didn’t though but I’ll find a way to check the tapes!

How has the search went so far? Smile
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2018 12:48 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
Smile

How has the search went so far? Smile

So I know where the VHS tapes are. I just don’t have a way to play them so I might have to bring them back with me and see if I can find a place to play them!!

If you have my family in the house for a couple days so I’ve barely had time to even breathe. I’m trying to sneak up and do some work as well :-)

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 11:30 pm

The issue is that there are a lot. I’m going to see if any of them are labeled and see if I can bring them back with me and find a place to play them because there’s no place to play them here

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2019 7:45 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
The issue is that there are a lot. I’m going to see if any of them are labeled and see if I can bring them back with me and find a place to play them because there’s no place to play them here

EH.. AND maybe keep your fingers crossed that they will still work at all. Depending on how the tapes were stored will greatly effect if they held up enough to actually play.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2019 8:17 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

EH.. AND maybe keep your fingers crossed that they will still work at all. Depending on how the tapes were stored will greatly effect if they held up enough to actually play.

Exactly and I have to choose the right ones. I could end up with wrestlemania and episodes of Clarissa Explains it all...

There are probably 50 unlabeled tapes.

Contribution Points : 57949
Forum Reputation : 108

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2019 12:20 pm

The photos were leaked to the national enquirer. I've sent a few emails trying to track them down, but I haven't gotten much back. They keep their info pretty close; including any kind of contact info.
Back to top Go down
properground

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2019 12:32 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Exactly and I have to choose the right ones. I could end up with wrestlemania and episodes of Clarissa Explains it all...

There are probably 50 unlabeled tapes.

Doing god's work here. Hopefully it won't take long to fond what you're looking for!
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2019 10:14 pm

I’m going to grab a couple and hope for the best.

If they hadn’t been taped over I do have the interview which shows Eric playing soccer and probably a few other interviews and stuff

We shall see

Holloka

Contribution Points : 66448

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2019 7:24 am

Screamingophelia wrote:

If they hadn’t been taped over I do have the interview which shows Eric playing soccer and probably a few  other interviews and stuff

We shall see
No pressure
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Insomnia likes this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2019 8:23 am

Holloka wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

If they hadn’t been taped over I do have the interview which shows Eric playing soccer and probably a few  other interviews and stuff

We shall see
No pressure
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

LOL

I will do my very best. The couple I grabbed I have a feeling has some interviews and stuff on it, I don't know why... it could very well be Clarissa Explains it all or not even work.

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2019 8:59 am

I also need to find somebody with a VCR Smile

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2019 1:01 pm

So I have five tapes. Now I’m going to see if there’s any places around here where I can watch them on a VCR. And then we shall see

whyno

Contribution Points : 67553
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2019 2:18 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
So I have five tapes. Now I’m going to see if there’s any places around here where I can watch them on a VCR. And then we shall see

Awesome! Thank you for doing this for all of us!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2019 2:25 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:

You're our hero!! I hope you find something exciting. flower
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2019 2:35 pm

You're welcome! I tracked down a way to watch them. I suppose I will grab a bottle of wine and settle myself in to see what I have.... at the very least it will be interesting.

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2019 2:38 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
You're welcome! I tracked down a way to watch them. I suppose I will grab a bottle of wine and settle myself in to see what I have.... at the very least it will be interesting.

Like already said above, no pressure. Lmao, we are all just gonna eagerly stalk the forum for a while. LOL
Back to top Go down
properground

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2019 10:48 am

The suspense is killing me!
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2019 11:18 am

I am going to try this weekend to get to the library and watch them Smile Or i might be able to pick up the little VCR and TV set that was offered to me

joebox97

Contribution Points : 68875
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2019 11:46 am

After seeing the tape of them practicing shooting and see the velocity of those shotguns, especially eric's I would be interested in seeing them. I guess I'm a sick person but I still can't wrap my head around people getting shot at point blank with those.

I've googled pictures of shotgun headshot wounds and im guessing they would probably be about the same.
Back to top Go down
joebox97

joebox97

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2019 11:48 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
I am going to try this weekend to get to the library and watch them Smile Or i might be able to pick up the little VCR and TV set that was offered to me

If anything rare is on them I have a way to digitally convert them Smile
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2019 11:54 am

joebox97 wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Fantastic!! That’ll be good. That way I can post them online Smile

joebox97

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2019 12:45 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
joebox97 wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Fantastic!! That’ll be good. That way I can post them online  Smile

Definitely! Keep us posted
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What happened to leaked photos of the victims?   What happened to leaked photos of the victims? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What happened to leaked photos of the victims?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next