Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Texas teen Matin Azizi-Yarand arrested for planning mass shooting at mall

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ShadowedGoddess
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 75965

PostSubject: Texas teen Matin Azizi-Yarand arrested for planning mass shooting at mall   Wed May 02, 2018 10:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A Texas teenager was arrested on Wednesday for allegedly plotting a mass shooting at a local shopping center after pledging his allegiance to ISIS, according to KTVT.

Matin Azizi-Yarand, 17, was arrested at his high school in Plano, Texas, on Tuesday and charged with making a terroristic threat and criminal solicitation of capital murder of an officer.

Authorities say that Azizi-Yarand spent around $1,400 on weapons and tactical gear for his attack, which he was allegedly planning to carry out at the Stonebriar Centre mall in Frisco, Texas, sometime in mid-May.

Officials also obtained the student's "manifesto" in which he claimed his allegiance to ISIS.

According to an affidavit, the teen first revealed his plans to an FBI source via a mobile messaging app in December 2017. He allegedly told the source that he had been reading ISIS guides for "performing operations and making bombs" and that he wished to carry out an attack of his own.

"It is not about how many killed, but how much money you will make these countries spend in security just for a simple attack, although having a high number will get their attention," Azizi-Yarand allegedly wrote to the FBI's source. "I want to put America in the state that Europe is in, which is having to have soldiers deployed in streets. Something that will cost them a lot financially, too."

Azizi-Yarand is said to have considered attacking a Hindu temple and even a school before settling on the Stonebriar Centre mall.

"School is a perfect place for an attack. Crowded and close quarters," the suspect allegedly wrote. "Even a blind man could take 10 easily. Just fire where u hear screams."

According to the FBI source, after Azizi-Yarand made his decision, he began studying the mall's layout and had even mapped out the number of security officers who worked there. At one, the teen made clear his intentions to kill a mall officer during his plotted attack.

"I'd actually like to make a cop surrender and drop his gun," Azizi-Yarand allegedly told the FBI source. "Then, douse him with gasoline and burn him. Record it."

Azizi-Yarand is currently being held at the Collin County Detention Center on $3 million bail. If convicted, he faces up to life in prison.

Although Azizi-Yarand may have tried to recruit others for his attack, the FBI believes that there are no additional threats associated with his arrest.

"The American people can take comfort in knowing that we continue to work diligently to protect and defend the United States and to ensure the safety of the communities we serve," said FBI special agent Eric K. Jackson.

Another failed attack.  Shocked

''I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for religion—I have shuddered at it. I shudder no more—I could be martyred for my religion—Love is my religion—I could die for that.''                                                                                                                                      
                                                        -John Keats (1795-1821)

“Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.”

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ziamber II
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 20794

PostSubject: Re: Texas teen Matin Azizi-Yarand arrested for planning mass shooting at mall   Wed May 02, 2018 10:55 pm

Making a US cop surrender and drop his gun, I think he has grand delusions... Cuckoo
Although a blind man could probably Shoot more accuratley than Randy Stair. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: Texas teen Matin Azizi-Yarand arrested for planning mass shooting at mall   Wed May 02, 2018 10:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Making a US cop surrender and drop his gun, I think he has grand delusions... Cuckoo
Although a blind man could probably Shoot more accuratley than Randy Stair. Smile

You are correct on both accounts. LOL

''I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for religion—I have shuddered at it. I shudder no more—I could be martyred for my religion—Love is my religion—I could die for that.''                                                                                                                                      
                                                        -John Keats (1795-1821)

“Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.”

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 37259

PostSubject: Re: Texas teen Matin Azizi-Yarand arrested for planning mass shooting at mall   Thu May 03, 2018 12:22 am

According to an affidavit, the teen first revealed his plans to an FBI source via a mobile messaging app in December 2017. He allegedly told the source that he had been reading ISIS guides for "performing operations and making bombs" and that he wished to carry out an attack of his own. 

Although Azizi-Yarand may have tried to recruit others for his attack, the FBI believes that there are no additional threats associated with his arrest.

Sounds like his attempts at recruitment led to his undoing.

View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Texas teen Matin Azizi-Yarand arrested for planning mass shooting at mall   Thu May 03, 2018 12:33 am

holy shit my cousin works at a mall in frisco texax he coulda got shot if this kid wasn't caught Shocked
Back to top Go down
ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: Texas teen Matin Azizi-Yarand arrested for planning mass shooting at mall   Thu May 03, 2018 12:47 am

Sounds like his attempts at recruitment led to his undoing.

It would appear so. Thankfully he was caught. Evil or Very Mad

-John Keats (1795-1821)

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
InsaneIntruder
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 31926

PostSubject: Re: Texas teen Matin Azizi-Yarand arrested for planning mass shooting at mall   Thu May 03, 2018 1:24 am

Some of these ISIL cases are super interesting.

- XXXTentacion

AAG KA DARIYA
mdhbht altafah hi alshay' alsahih
masakra e mollëve është gjëja e duhur
uhu uhu
haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat my haat hierdie lewe
daar is geen god nie maar god en muhammad is die boodskapper van god
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MysteryMan

Contribution Points : 41170

PostSubject: Re: Texas teen Matin Azizi-Yarand arrested for planning mass shooting at mall   Thu May 03, 2018 10:36 am

17 years old and he's already fucked his life up in the name of what?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Contribution Points : 8786

PostSubject: Re: Texas teen Matin Azizi-Yarand arrested for planning mass shooting at mall   Thu May 03, 2018 1:36 pm

For Allah
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 37259

PostSubject: Re: Texas teen Matin Azizi-Yarand arrested for planning mass shooting at mall   Thu May 03, 2018 6:17 pm

He was prepared to fuck up the lives of others too.

View user profile

Texas teen Matin Azizi-Yarand arrested for planning mass shooting at mall
Page 1 of 1