Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 
 

 Gag order

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ericishuman



Posts : 43
Contribution Points : 9524
Join date : 2017-11-06

PostSubject: Gag order   Thu May 24, 2018 4:15 am

This is just a theory I have. What if the Harris family has been so quiet because the police told them to keep quiet. Maybe they have something on them?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 5853
Contribution Points : 65917
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Gag order   Thu May 24, 2018 5:22 am

That would be treading into the vast conspiracy theory area of Columbine. Goodness knows there are hundreds of them.

Some seem almost logical, while others are just beyond anything even remotely realistic. But one would ask why the Klebold's wasn't included in this gag order. I mean Sue Klebold wrote a book about it. Others involved in the case were very much digging for anything and everything that would seem off about the case. Like the Brown's. Randy Brown has been very vocal in his hate for JeffCo, he has nitpicked them for years. His son also wrote a Columbine book.

The Harris's started out stonewalling at first because their lawyers advised them to, then they decided they would only talk if given immunity. Which never happened. After that I think they just tried to distance themselves from it in an effort to move on with their lives.

This is why I am eager for the court depositions to be released. This will be the first time Eric's family had publicly spoken about Eric and what happened at Columbine.

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4089
Contribution Points : 64613
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Gag order   Thu May 24, 2018 5:33 am

The Harrises at the very least met with the Mausers. I don’t know if Eric and Dylan’s family has ever talked to each other. The assumption that Wayne and Kathy thought that Eric was just a psychopath comes from that book. I am also looking forward to the depositions. It seems odd for parents who kept a notebook about their son and Kathy who seem to continuously weep all the time just cast their son aside. I think they just played it close to the best.

I think it’s also a lot more acceptable for people to mourn Dylan over Eric. Not that I agree with that but I certainly think in the community at large since Eric was an outsider people mourn Dylan more.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Mojo11



Posts : 21
Contribution Points : 5079
Join date : 2018-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Gag order   Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:30 pm

That’s what I can’t understand, is how they basically turned their backs on their son, like he was never born! I have a son and I just can’t see him doing anything that would cause me to turn my back on him!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4089
Contribution Points : 64613
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Gag order   Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
That’s what I can’t understand, is how they basically turned their backs on their son, like he was never born! I have a son and I just can’t see him doing anything that would cause me to turn my back on him!

I read a snippet of an article earlier today that said during a police interview the Harrises brought baby pictures of Eric. So there’s so much speculation. I think of my nephews and niece right now and if they ever did anything bad like that I would still love them and I would want understand why. And I’d also want them to know that they could’ve talked to me because I was also An angry kid and I hope they always feel comfortable speaking to me
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2560
Contribution Points : 31738
Join date : 2017-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Gag order   Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
That’s what I can’t understand, is how they basically turned their backs on their son, like he was never born!

Not everyone is going to be able to handle the thought of their child being a killer, and a (in)famous one at that.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neah
Top Contributor
avatar

Posts : 672
Contribution Points : 12978
Join date : 2018-06-11
Location : France

PostSubject: Re: Gag order   Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:25 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
That’s what I can’t understand, is how they basically turned their backs on their son, like he was never born!

Not everyone is going to be able to handle the thought of their child being a killer, and a (in)famous one at that.

Just because they don't talk publicly doesn't mean they still don't have some feelings for Eric though. It is probably a complex relationship parents have with their dead school-shooter son, because they discovered he was not the person they knew (even if they knew Eric had issues, I don't think they could imagine that he would kill people), and they cannot really try to understand because he is dead. But they probably still feel at least some kind of love from before the shooting. When they look at pictures of Eric as a baby, do they see him as the child they loved, as the teenage killer or do they see both?

I would also understand that when your child do what Eric and Dylan did, and destroy the life of his family and the life of innocent people, you just want to forget him and start anew. We (on this forum) can feel sympathy for the shooters or even to some extent relate to them because we can also take a step back. It is easier for us, we don't feel the guilt and the hate parents legitimately feel.

It must be so hard to live as the parents of the Evil psychopath teenage boy who planned Columbine and influenced the depressed Dylan. It is not what I believe but it is still what a lot of people think, so I think they did good by hiding from the public. It was also probably a way to protect Eric's brother the best they could.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 5853
Contribution Points : 65917
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Gag order   Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:57 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
That’s what I can’t understand, is how they basically turned their backs on their son, like he was never born!

Not everyone is going to be able to handle the thought of their child being a killer, and a (in)famous one at that.


True. There has always been speculation that Eric's parents washed their hands of him after the attack, but appearances can be very deceiving. Who knows what was going on behind closed doors, and closed minds? No

They may have just shut everything out in an effort to not be completely destroyed by what Eric had done. Truth is we will never know anything about where they were emotionally until they either break their silence(which I don't see ever happening) OR when the depositions are finally released.

My only hope is the depositions will shed some light on everything instead of bringing up more questions that will never be answered.

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayT

avatar

Posts : 52
Contribution Points : 6201
Join date : 2018-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Gag order   Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:20 pm

I believe they are private people who are/were shocked to their very cores. No one can imagine the horror; anger, sadness of their situation.

IMO, the surviving Harris and Klebold families, have it far worse than the victim’s families. Not only did they lose a child, but their children were responsible for a massacre, and they themselves became evil incarnate to the world.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 5853
Contribution Points : 65917
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Gag order   Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:25 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I believe they are private people who are/were shocked to their very cores. No one can imagine the horror; anger, sadness of their situation.

IMO, the surviving Harris and Klebold families, have it far worse than the victim’s families. Not only did they lose a child, but their children were responsible for a massacre, and they themselves became evil incarnate to the world.


Agreed. They couldn't properly grieve for their own children's deaths, as most thought Eric and Dylan didn't deserve to be mourned. BUT they were still someone's child, brother, friend, etc.

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
W.A.R.
Top Contributor
avatar

Posts : 454
Contribution Points : 17439
Join date : 2017-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Gag order   Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:40 pm

Why would the Police blackmail them into being quiet?

_________________
BORED? TIRED? Try L7.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Neah
Top Contributor
avatar

Posts : 672
Contribution Points : 12978
Join date : 2018-06-11
Location : France

PostSubject: Re: Gag order   Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I believe they are private people who are/were shocked to their very cores. No one can imagine the horror; anger, sadness of their situation.

IMO, the surviving Harris and Klebold families, have it far worse than the victim’s families. Not only did they lose a child, but their children were responsible for a massacre, and they themselves became evil incarnate to the world.

I agree, and this is why I don't even want them to talk about Eric and what happened. I mean, if they want to they can, but I understand and respect their silence about the affair.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Gag order
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Order of Enoch
» The Lone March Series
» The 'Ingo' series by Helen Dunmore
» Maximum Ride Series
» Aya Gozen (Southern Water Tribe Noble and Member of the Order of the Seven Thorns) [WIP]

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: