Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Would Eric have killed John?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 18741

PostSubject: Would Eric have killed John?   Thu May 24, 2018 6:45 pm

Imagine when Eric encountered John Savage and Dylan wasn't there, would Eric have killed him? I don't think Eric knew John personally and even then Dylan and John weren't the best of friends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 48584

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Thu May 24, 2018 6:55 pm

Remember that for the most part they were just shooting under random tables without really looking to see who was underneath.  He had every opportunity to.  But didn't, so he must have thought he knew who John was. Which is why he asked him to identify himself. Why they decided to let John go is just another Columbine mystery. He was either very lucky, or they just didn't want to kill him.

-Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 24140

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Fri May 25, 2018 3:05 am

I think Eric was considering it but thought that it would be better to spare a person who knew him and Dylan. That way their story can be told, Natural Born Killers style.

View user profile
Ericishuman

Contribution Points : 7924

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Fri May 25, 2018 4:02 am

No, if he wanted to kill him he would have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Fri May 25, 2018 8:42 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I think Eric was considering it but thought that it would be better to spare a person who knew him and Dylan. That way their story can be told, Natural Born Killers style.

They left many others alive as well. But I just honestly think for whatever reason, they didn't want to kill John. Maybe seeing him face to face, talking to him, etc. made them pause long enough to realize that he had never done anything to them.

Who knows. Either way I consider John to be a very lucky man.

-Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 46193

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Fri May 25, 2018 9:06 am

They left many others alive as well. But I just honestly think for whatever reason, they didn't want to kill John.  Maybe seeing him face to face, talking to him, etc. made them pause long enough to realize that he had never done anything to them.

No one that spoke to them in any meaningful way died that day. I don’t think they knew what to do when their “targets” started to become human again.

I think Johns calm and quiet saved him. How did Dylan and John know each other again?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Fri May 25, 2018 9:47 am

They left many others alive as well. But I just honestly think for whatever reason, they didn't want to kill John.  Maybe seeing him face to face, talking to him, etc. made them pause long enough to realize that he had never done anything to them.

No one that spoke to them in any meaningful way died that day. I don’t think they knew what to do when their “targets” started to become human again.

I think Johns calm and quiet saved him. How did Dylan and John know each other again?

Agreed. Also I think Dylan and John may have had a class together or had a mutual friend. scratch

-Unknown

-Jeanne Kalogridis

Back to top Go down
View user profile
rebootoX

Contribution Points : 4464

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Fri May 25, 2018 11:52 am

I think Eric and John had a philosophy class together, I read that on acolumbine site.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
View user profile
rebootoX

Contribution Points : 4464

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Fri May 25, 2018 11:54 am

So, Eric and John obviously knew each other a little, I don't think Eric would have killed him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Fri May 25, 2018 11:59 am

So, Eric and John obviously knew each other a little, I don't think Eric would have killed him.

Agreed. I always thought it strange that Eric even stopped long enough to ask him to identify himself. SO that leads me to believe that he thought he knew who John was, and didn't just pull the trigger.

-Unknown

-Jeanne Kalogridis

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Fri May 25, 2018 12:07 pm

I feel like John had theatre with Dylan.

Dylan co directed a show once. I wonder how that went?

Agreed.  Also I think Dylan and John may have had a class together or had a mutual friend. scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UncontinuedProcess

Contribution Points : 10272

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Fri May 25, 2018 12:59 pm

Many people enough give Dylan the whole credit of sparing John, though he did make the final call and told him to leave but I think Eric is just as important in sparing John, he couldve shot him if he wanted to but he took the time to ask John to identify himself as he probably recognized him as an acquaintance and didn't argue with Dylan on letting him go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Fri May 25, 2018 1:02 pm

Many people enough give Dylan the whole credit of sparing John, though he did make the final call and told him to leave but I think Eric is just as important in sparing John, he couldve shot him if he wanted to but he took the time to ask John to identify himself as he probably recognized him as an acquaintance and didn't argue with Dylan on letting him go.

True.

-Unknown

-Jeanne Kalogridis

Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Fri May 25, 2018 2:28 pm

Eh, they killed plenty of people they never even knew. I think they just didn't want to kill someone who knew them.

View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Fri May 25, 2018 2:40 pm

Eh, they killed plenty of people they never even knew. I think they just didn't want to kill someone who knew them.

That is a possibility as well. I still think that John was lucky to have slightly known them, and even luckier still to have had no issues with them.

-Unknown

-Jeanne Kalogridis

Back to top Go down
View user profile
23september

Contribution Points : 12645

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Sat May 26, 2018 6:46 am

Wasn't John very much involved with drama and plays? I feel like i've read that they were friends during rehearsals and just nodded at each other in hallways
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Sat May 26, 2018 8:35 am

Wasn't John very much involved with drama and plays? I feel like i've read that they were friends during rehearsals and just nodded at each other in hallways

I feel like you’re right. I never heard the thing about nodding at each other but I do think John was heavily involved in theater, correct me if I’m wrong but I think he was supposed to be in the choir room but decided to go to the library instead

The choir room iwas right next to the library right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VoDKaComeHere

Contribution Points : 7475

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Sun May 27, 2018 8:03 pm

Don't think so.  He specifically went out of his way to say "identify yourself" to just him and no one else, has to be because he knew him and didn't want to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Sun May 27, 2018 8:09 pm

I think they enjoyed deciding who lived and who doesnt
remember they were in control of all the lives in there
Back to top Go down
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Mon May 28, 2018 10:33 am

Don't think so.  He specifically went out of his way to say "identify yourself" to just him and no one else, has to be because he knew him and didn't want to.

Agreed.  John was really the only one who was singled out and given direct attention that wasn't taunted, made to beg for their lives like Bree Pasquale, etc. or killed.

Eric must have recognized John, or thought he did. But instead of just pulling the trigger, Eric took the time to pause and specifically ask him who he was. Which makes me think he likely already knew who was hiding under there, but wanted to make sure. So he said "Identify yourself".  John told him who he was.

As I said before, Eric had every opportunity to shoot John. Yet he didn't, he walked away. Then Dylan shows up and they talk for a bit and he tells John to leave.  

So in my opinion John was let go twice that day. First by Eric and then by Dylan. Once again, John was a very lucky guy that day.

-Unknown

-Jeanne Kalogridis

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Mon May 28, 2018 10:36 am

Agreed.  John was really the only one who was singled out and given direct attention that wasn't taunted, made to beg for their lives like Bree Pasquale, etc. or killed.

Eric must have recognized John, or thought he did. But instead of just pulling the trigger, Eric took the time to pause and specifically ask him who he was. Which makes me think he likely already knew who was hiding under there, but wanted to make sure. So he said "Identify yourself".  John told him who he was.

As I said before, Eric had every opportunity to shoot John. Yet he didn't, he walked away. Then Dylan shows up and they talk for a bit and he tells John to leave.  

So in my opinion John was let go twice that day. First by Eric and then by Dylan. Once again, John was a very lucky guy that day.

I think John's calm saved him. I don't know what came over him but he was so freaking brave. Val too, no matter how upset she was she screamed at Dylan like she had nothing to lose.

Though I think if I was in Bree's situation I would be the most scared. Just for the fact that Eric must have looked terrifying with blood pouring out of his nose on top of everything else.

I always thought Eric said "identify yourself" because John was moving the gun out of the way. Or did he just move out of the way?

It shows how Eric was acting like he was on a military mission, like he was a solider and Dylan was acting like he was a psycho killer in a movie....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Mon May 28, 2018 11:45 am

I think John's calm saved him. I don't know what came over him but he was so freaking brave. Val too, no matter how upset she was she screamed at Dylan like she had nothing to lose.

Though I think if I was in Bree's situation I would be the most scared. Just for the  fact that Eric must have looked terrifying with blood pouring out of his nose on top of everything else.

I always thought Eric said "identify yourself" because John was moving the gun out of the way. Or did he just move out of the way?

It shows how Eric was acting like he was on a military mission, like he was a solider and Dylan was acting like he was a psycho killer in a movie....

I am sure Bree has relived those moments of having to beg Eric for her life countless times in her nightmares. Crying or Very sad

Also I think it may have been both. scratch John moving away from the gun, and possibly pushing the gun away from him at the same time.

Very true that Eric was playing solider boy. He stayed in that mode throughout most of the attack. While Dylan let loose and acted crazy.

-Unknown

-Jeanne Kalogridis

Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Mon May 28, 2018 1:20 pm

That is a possibility as well. I still think that John was lucky to have slightly known them, and even luckier still to have had no issues with them.

I really wonder what would've happened if it had been Brooks in that situation instead of John.

View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Mon May 28, 2018 1:23 pm

I really wonder what would've happened if it had been Brooks in that situation instead of John.

In my honest opinion I think Eric would have pulled the trigger. I also think the only reason Eric didn't kill Brooks in the parking lot that morning was because it would have blown the whole plan.

-Unknown

-Jeanne Kalogridis

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Mon May 28, 2018 1:24 pm

I like that "what if" question.

I don't know, I think it may have depended on how close Dylan really felt to Brooks?

I have read a theory that if Dylan saw Devon, Robyn or Zach in the library he would have just shot himself right there and then. Though I think he may have been too detached at that point... I believe he would have told them to get the hell out though.

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Mon May 28, 2018 1:24 pm

In my honest opinion I think Eric would have pulled the trigger.  I also think the only reason Eric didn't kill Brooks in the parking lot that morning was because it would have blown the whole plan.

Whole heartedly. That is the reason Brooks didn't die, because it would have ruined the plan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ericishuman

Contribution Points : 7924

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Mon May 28, 2018 6:11 pm

You guys hate Eric.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
worm

Contribution Points : 4268

PostSubject: Would Eric have killed John?   Mon May 28, 2018 6:25 pm

[quote=ShadowedGoddess]I also think the only reason Eric didn't kill Brooks in the parking lot that morning was because it would have blown the whole plan.[/quote]

That’s a good point, but if that were the only reason then why would Eric even bother telling Brooks to go home? Why not just stay silent?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 18741

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Mon May 28, 2018 6:30 pm

You guys hate Eric.
Not really, I don't like what he did but I don't hate him. You can't really hate someone who is dead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Mon May 28, 2018 6:33 pm

I don’t hate Eric. I’m actually more empathetic towards Eric than Dylan at times. I find Eric really interesting

Would Eric have killed John?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next