Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Would Eric have killed John?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 65917

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Mon May 28, 2018 6:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I also think the only reason Eric didn't kill Brooks in the parking lot that morning was because it would have blown the whole plan.

That’s a good point, but if that were the only reason then why would Eric even bother telling Brooks to go home? Why not just stay silent?

Who knows? In my opinion Eric just said whatever he thought would get rid of Brooks the fastest without raising any alarms, or making him suspicious.

-Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ericishuman

Contribution Points : 9524

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Mon May 28, 2018 6:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] So you agree with Cullen. You think he was pure evil and not human.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Mon May 28, 2018 6:53 pm

You guys hate Eric.

Not an accurate assumption. But I do hate the cruel killer he became in the last moments of his life. Not so much the sad, lonely, lost, angry kid he was before he put his thoughts into action. Same goes for Dylan.

-Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Mon May 28, 2018 6:56 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] So you agree with Cullen. You think he was pure evil and not human.

No, I don't agree in the least with Cullen's one sided take on Columbine.

-Unknown

-Jeanne Kalogridis

Back to top Go down
View user profile
worm

Contribution Points : 5868

PostSubject: Would Eric have killed John?   Mon May 28, 2018 7:17 pm

I also think the only reason Eric didn't kill Brooks in the parking lot that morning was because it would have blown the whole plan.

That’s a good point, but if that were the only reason then why would Eric even bother telling Brooks to go home? Why not just stay silent?

Who knows? In my opinion Eric just said whatever he thought would get rid of Brooks the fastest without raising any alarms, or making him suspicious.

True, I suppose that makes sense
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy QTR
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 25934

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Mon May 28, 2018 8:28 pm

I feel empathy for both Eric and Dylan as they both tormented, lost, lonely souls that were pushed over the edge. But remember they still wanted and did kill people.

Although I don't like how Cullen portrays Eric as a evil cartoon villain who wasn't bullied at all, there are people here who are the opposite of Cullen in that they think Eric is this pure innocent angle while Dylan is the Devil incarnated.

-Michael Ryan

"Loneliness has followed me for my whole life."

-Travis Bickle

"I don't have a single friend and I won't in the future. I'll be ignored because I'm ugly. I'm lower than trash because at least the trash gets recycled."

-Tomohiro Katō
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 64613

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Mon May 28, 2018 8:34 pm

I feel empathy for both Eric and Dylan as they both tormented, lost, lonely souls that were pushed over the edge. But remember they still wanted and did kill people.

Although I don't like how Cullen portrays Eric as a evil cartoon villain who wasn't bullied at all, there are people here who are the opposite of Cullen in that they think Eric is this pure innocent angle while Dylan is the Devil incarnated.

Yes! I have seen that too. There are people who think Dylan was this manipulative horrible human being who tricked everyone including Eric to do his bidding.

I don't believe that for either boys. As someone who researched from the beginning ( day one...) Dylan as always the "sweet one" BUT I think it is because of the area they were in. Dylan knew more people while Eric was the outsider. I contend if this happened in Plattsburgh and somehow the Klebolds moved there and Dylan was the kid with the earring, trench coat and long hair and this happened. Dylan would be the "Eric" and Eric would be the "Dylan" Dylan, this outsider from Colorado comes and ruins the sweet Eric's life who has never hurt a fly.

I don't think Columbine would have happened without one another. Maybe one of them would have committed violence or killed themselves.. but their friendship is always a source of great interest to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 31738

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Mon May 28, 2018 9:45 pm

You guys hate Eric.

Man, you have a serious problem talking to people who don't agree 100% with you. You really need to calm down.

View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Tue May 29, 2018 10:26 am

As Screaming said there are a fair number of people who think Dylan was the mastermind behind it all. I don't fully agree with that, but I do believe NBK was originally Dylan's plan. He fantasized about a spree type killing done with a girl. Much like the movie Natural Born Killers, hence the plan was dubbed NBK. BUT when he realized that finding a girl willing to do this with him was never going to happen, he pitched the plan to Eric. Who then took it and adapted it to suit himself and ran with it.

By then Dylan just wanted to die, and let Eric take control of the planning. In my opinion Dylan likely thought "Who cares, cause at the end I'll get what I want" which was a reason big enough to not back down from killing himself, AND a partner that would die with him. Also Eric was a hands on, gets shit done type. Dylan was kinda lazy, and was known somewhat as a slacker. Either way it is clear that Eric did the additional planning, prep work, and mostly bankrolled NBK, with Dylan helping very little.

I will say that I find Dylan to be the more manipulative of the two. Dylan hid himself very well. All the anger and sadness was buried deep with possibly Eric as the only witness to it. Dylan's family/friends were all totally shocked and in complete disbelief of his involvement. While Eric could barely keep his shit together and was well known to have an explosive temper, mood swings, impulsive outbursts, and had mostly pushed all his friends away besides a very select few.  

Still to be fair, they both planned and participated in massacre.  They both hold an equal responsibility for killing 13 people and destroying countless more.

-Unknown

-Jeanne Kalogridis

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Tue May 29, 2018 11:03 am

Dylan as always the "sweet one" BUT I think it is because of the area they were in. Dylan knew more people while Eric was the outsider. I contend if this happened in Plattsburgh and somehow the Klebolds moved there and Dylan was the kid with the earring, trench coat and long hair and this happened. Dylan would be the "Eric" and Eric would be the "Dylan" Dylan, this outsider from Colorado comes and ruins the sweet Eric's life who has never hurt a fly.  

Agreed. If this had happened in Plattsburgh the tables would have been turned. Eric would have been portrayed as the nice kid, who was forced to carry out the plan by that freakishly attired Klebold kid.

-Unknown

-Jeanne Kalogridis

Last edited by ShadowedGoddess on Tue May 29, 2018 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JP

Contribution Points : 10025

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric have killed John?   Tue May 29, 2018 3:51 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Would Eric have killed John?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2