Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Devon Adams reading a poem she wrote

Go down 
+2
Screamingophelia
Oldmare
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Oldmare

Oldmare

Contribution Points : 58649
Forum Reputation : 0

Devon Adams reading a poem she wrote Empty
PostSubject: Devon Adams reading a poem she wrote   Devon Adams reading a poem she wrote Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2018 10:18 pm

After Columbine Devon Adams and several others attended a poetry writing class as a form of therapy.
Here she is reading a poem she wrote about how she still grapples with the effects as an adult. Brings a new light onto the massacre..
Thanks Devon. I hope you find peace.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192924
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Devon Adams reading a poem she wrote   Devon Adams reading a poem she wrote Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2018 10:24 pm

I remember this! Thank you for sharing.

She's really strong and I think also because she never denied or denies Dylan, which many people do. She's steadfast that she lost 3 friends and he is included.

Oldmare

Contribution Points : 58649

PostSubject: Re: Devon Adams reading a poem she wrote   Devon Adams reading a poem she wrote Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2018 10:28 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:

She's really strong and I think also because she never denied or denies Dylan, which many people do. She's steadfast that she lost 3 friends and he is included.

She also says he was her *best friend*. I know she talked to him when she was troubled but would he consider her, his best friend? I dunno....
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Devon Adams reading a poem she wrote   Devon Adams reading a poem she wrote Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2018 10:48 pm

[quote="Oldmare"]
Screamingophelia wrote:

She also says he was her *best friend*. I know she talked to him when she was troubled but would he consider her, his best friend? I dunno....[/quot

That's something that comes up a lot.

I think Dylan cared about her and he always considered Zach his best friend (even though Zach was pretty two faced from the evidence we have) so in turn she was special to him. He even danced with her and gave her a kiss on her head at prom. She won him over considering he wrote in his journal he wanted to kill her. Nate and Eric also both made threats towards her too. Nate not in violence but a stern "why are you trying to get Dylan in trouble' type thing. However Dylan again, not wanting to let people down, stayed true to his friendship with her.

He seemed closer to Robyn but I would say his inner circle towards the end besides Eric were probably Robyn and Nate.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119653
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Devon Adams reading a poem she wrote   Devon Adams reading a poem she wrote Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2018 2:50 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Quote :
She won him over considering he wrote in his journal he wanted to kill her.

Or he hid his hate well. He did it for most of his life until the massacre after all.

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Devon Adams reading a poem she wrote   Devon Adams reading a poem she wrote Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2018 6:43 am

QuestionMark wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
Quote :
She won him over considering he wrote in his journal he wanted to kill her.

Or he hid his hate well. He did it for most of his life until the massacre after all.

That is another way to look at it. I never thought that he may have still harbored hate for her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Devon Adams reading a poem she wrote   Devon Adams reading a poem she wrote Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2018 7:32 am

I think at first Dylan clearly resented Devon and Zack's relationship, he resented her for coming in and in his mind breaking up the close bond they had.

BUT ultimately I think Devon grew on him.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Devon Adams reading a poem she wrote   Devon Adams reading a poem she wrote Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2018 7:42 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
I think at first Dylan clearly resented Devon and Zack's relationship, he resented her for coming in and in his mind breaking up the close bond they had.

BUT ultimately I think Devon grew on him.

I think Devon gave him a lot of acceptance which was really powerful for him, especially with Devon being a female. I think Dylan was going through life thinking that women hated him and then all of a sudden a girl thought the world of him even though it wasn’t romantic.
Back to top Go down
myshame

Contribution Points : 74244

PostSubject: Re: Devon Adams reading a poem she wrote   Devon Adams reading a poem she wrote Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2018 1:32 pm

Who are the three friends she's talking about? I think it refers to Dylan Klebold and Rachel Scott, but who else?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Devon Adams reading a poem she wrote   Devon Adams reading a poem she wrote Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2018 1:36 pm

myshame wrote:
Who are the three friends she's talking about? I think it refers to Dylan Klebold and Rachel Scott, but who else?

Dan Mauser
Back to top Go down
myshame

Contribution Points : 74244

PostSubject: Re: Devon Adams reading a poem she wrote   Devon Adams reading a poem she wrote Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2018 1:37 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
myshame wrote:

Dan Mauser

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Saoradh

Saoradh

Contribution Points : 37279
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: Devon Adams reading a poem she wrote   Devon Adams reading a poem she wrote Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2023 8:02 am

Poetism encapsulates proficiency at producing depiction vivid thematic storytelling imagery, to portal erudition and empathize the imagination that accumulate virtually prompts our visionary thought and effectuates the imperative element that excogitate the cultural anthropology experience. The artistry which characterize the Idiosyncratic capacity to conceptualize society.

Ben dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
Ben
Banned

Contribution Points : 14835
Forum Reputation : 210

PostSubject: Re: Devon Adams reading a poem she wrote   Devon Adams reading a poem she wrote Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2023 9:00 am

Saoradh wrote:
Poetism encapsulates proficiency at producing depiction vivid thematic storytelling imagery, to portal erudition and empathize the imagination that accumulate virtually prompts our visionary thought and effectuates the imperative element that excogitate the cultural anthropology experience. The artistry which characterize the Idiosyncratic capacity to conceptualize society.

Can't remember the last time I saw someone cram this many redundant words into a sentence.

Darkness and captainbaculum like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Devon Adams reading a poem she wrote   Devon Adams reading a poem she wrote Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Devon Adams reading a poem she wrote
Page 1 of 1