Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 
 

 Deep down I believe Columbine kick started a revolution in America

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sane One



Posts : 138
Contribution Points : 30103
Join date : 2015-04-29

PostSubject: Deep down I believe Columbine kick started a revolution in America   Fri May 25, 2018 2:38 pm

These school shootings have become the norm now. It’s quite amazing to me how normal they have really become. In most instances, Columbine was a factor into why a lot of these shootings occurred. Most, not all.

Whether you want to call it dumb luck, perfect storm from the perpetrators and media, there is no doubt Columbine changed everything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1828
Contribution Points : 16139
Join date : 2017-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Deep down I believe Columbine kick started a revolution in America   Fri May 25, 2018 2:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
These school shootings have become the norm now. It’s quite amazing to me how normal they have really become. In most instances, Columbine was a factor into why a lot of these shootings occurred. Most, not all.

Whether you want to call it dumb luck, perfect storm from the perpetrators and media, there is no doubt Columbine changed everything.

Eric and Dylan might have been wrong about the bombs going off, but just about everything they said would happen in the aftermath happened. They even got several movies made about them (granted, they weren't famous movies).

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4552
Contribution Points : 33203
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Deep down I believe Columbine kick started a revolution in America   Fri May 25, 2018 3:05 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
They even got several movies made about them (granted, they weren't famous movies).


I'm sure if they exist somewhere in some form or another that they are still PISSED over the movies that have been made, and who was picked to play them. Haha

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor


Posts : 3167
Contribution Points : 23153
Join date : 2017-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Deep down I believe Columbine kick started a revolution in America   Fri May 25, 2018 3:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
They even got several movies made about them (granted, they weren't famous movies).


I'm sure if they exist somewhere in some form or another that they are still PISSED over the movies that have been made, and who was picked to play them. Haha

The closest Dylan I think was Zero Hour. Worst Dylan was from the BT recreation video

All Eric’s so far were mediocre at best.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4552
Contribution Points : 33203
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Deep down I believe Columbine kick started a revolution in America   Fri May 25, 2018 3:43 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
They even got several movies made about them (granted, they weren't famous movies).


I'm sure if they exist somewhere in some form or another that they are still PISSED over the movies that have been made, and who was picked to play them. Haha

The closest Dylan I think was Zero Hour. Worst Dylan was from the BT recreation video

All Eric’s so far were mediocre at best.  


In my opinion the closest Eric has been Ben Johnson also from Zero Hour. The rest were not even close.

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
STK
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 677
Contribution Points : 14548
Join date : 2017-02-10
Location : Somewhere Hot and Dry

PostSubject: Re: Deep down I believe Columbine kick started a revolution in America   Fri May 25, 2018 3:55 pm

I remember reading Langman's analysis on Cho, and Langman used Cho's statements about starting a revolution as evidence of schizophrenia.....................but in a way he was right.

_________________
We weren't in My Lai to kill human beings, really. We were there to kill an ideology that is carried by - I don't know - pawns, blobs, pieces of flesh. I was there to destroy an intangible idea. To destroy communism. Killing those men in My Lai didn't haunt me.
- Lt. William Calley

The time for dialogue is over. We gave peace a chance. The time for armed resistance has come.
- Anders Behring Brevik

One thing that I am sure of, and which I can answer truthfully, is that whatever the contingencies that may arise here, wherever I am there will be no Communism.
- Francisco Franco
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor


Posts : 3167
Contribution Points : 23153
Join date : 2017-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Deep down I believe Columbine kick started a revolution in America   Fri May 25, 2018 4:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
They even got several movies made about them (granted, they weren't famous movies).


I'm sure if they exist somewhere in some form or another that they are still PISSED over the movies that have been made, and who was picked to play them. Haha

The closest Dylan I think was Zero Hour. Worst Dylan was from the BT recreation video

All Eric’s so far were mediocre at best.  


In my opinion the closest Eric has been Ben Johnson also from Zero Hour. The rest were not even close.

Yea, I can get behind that.

The boys who felt so unloved and alienated certainly made an impact. Everyone that died did.

Books, poems, plays, movies, songs have been written about them. They moaned about girls not liking them and now gals who weren’t even conceived when they died are mooning over their pictures and videos. Hell I thought Eric was very handsome when I first saw his face that day . Which confused me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
UncontinuedProcess

avatar

Posts : 180
Contribution Points : 8122
Join date : 2017-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Deep down I believe Columbine kick started a revolution in America   Fri May 25, 2018 4:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Eric and Dylan might have been wrong about the bombs going off, but just about everything they said would happen in the aftermath happened. They even got several movies made about them (granted, they weren't famous movies).

I honestly feel the same way, the carnage they planned didn't go through as intended but they didn't need to kill over a hundred people to cement themselves in history, as grim as it sounds I think in some degree at the end of the day that Eric and Dylan "won", they got what they wanted, they have secured their place in history and has inspired pop culture and hundreds of copycat attacks and to me Columbine is a pivotal point in the evolution of mass murder. People feared that the release of the basement tapes would be a "call to arms" and inspire such copycat attacks but that happened regardless if they were released or not, the fact that something like Columbine happened and the circumstances and the key figures that surround was already a call to arms to those felt that way and unfortunately alot of people did view Columbine as the revenge of the disenfranchised of society.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Population Control
Chatroom Moderator
avatar

Posts : 189
Contribution Points : 3916
Join date : 2018-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Deep down I believe Columbine kick started a revolution in America   Fri May 25, 2018 5:38 pm

I don't exactly give the credit to Columbine, I don't see it as the start of it all, as much as I see it as the warnings of what is to come.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UncontinuedProcess

avatar

Posts : 180
Contribution Points : 8122
Join date : 2017-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Deep down I believe Columbine kick started a revolution in America   Fri May 25, 2018 5:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I don't exactly give the credit to Columbine, I don't see it as the start of it all, as much as I see it as the warnings of what is to come.
It wasn't the start of it all but it was the quick escalation of it all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4552
Contribution Points : 33203
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Deep down I believe Columbine kick started a revolution in America   Fri May 25, 2018 7:18 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I don't exactly give the credit to Columbine, I don't see it as the start of it all, as much as I see it as the warnings of what is to come.
It wasn't the start of it all but it was the quick escalation of it all.


I agree that Columbine seems to be the standard in which other school shooters try to emulate, even if it was 19 years ago.

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1828
Contribution Points : 16139
Join date : 2017-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Deep down I believe Columbine kick started a revolution in America   Fri May 25, 2018 7:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
They even got several movies made about them (granted, they weren't famous movies).


I'm sure if they exist somewhere in some form or another that they are still PISSED over the movies that have been made, and who was picked to play them. Haha

I think they'd be more hung up on the fact that the movies that were put out there didn't really make a big impact in cinema history.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4552
Contribution Points : 33203
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Deep down I believe Columbine kick started a revolution in America   Fri May 25, 2018 7:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
They even got several movies made about them (granted, they weren't famous movies).


I'm sure if they exist somewhere in some form or another that they are still PISSED over the movies that have been made, and who was picked to play them. Haha

I think they'd be more hung up on the fact that the movies that were put out there didn't really make a big impact in cinema history.


Likely that to. Smile

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
myshame



Posts : 289
Contribution Points : 14690
Join date : 2017-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Deep down I believe Columbine kick started a revolution in America   Fri May 25, 2018 7:31 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
They even got several movies made about them (granted, they weren't famous movies).


I'm sure if they exist somewhere in some form or another that they are still PISSED over the movies that have been made, and who was picked to play them. Haha

I think they'd be more hung up on the fact that the movies that were put out there didn't really make a big impact in cinema history.

Elephant won the Palme d'Or, at least.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor


Posts : 3167
Contribution Points : 23153
Join date : 2017-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Deep down I believe Columbine kick started a revolution in America   Fri May 25, 2018 8:05 pm

Is Elephant the reason the gay rumors started or was that the national enquirer?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
UncontinuedProcess

avatar

Posts : 180
Contribution Points : 8122
Join date : 2017-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Deep down I believe Columbine kick started a revolution in America   Fri May 25, 2018 8:09 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Is Elephant the reason the gay rumors started or was that the national enquirer?
Tabloid magazines also had headlines proclaiming that the shooters were gay during coverage back in 1999.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor


Posts : 3167
Contribution Points : 23153
Join date : 2017-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Deep down I believe Columbine kick started a revolution in America   Fri May 25, 2018 9:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Is Elephant the reason the gay rumors started or was that the national enquirer?
Tabloid magazines also had headlines proclaiming that the shooters were gay during coverage back in 1999.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


Thank you. I know the suicide photos were leaked during my 12 year hiatus of researching. I don’t actually remember this coverage at all. Which is odd because I was pretty heavy into my researching then. Then again I was interviewed for an online mag based in Denver about our fundraising initiatives for the victims. and I don’t remember any of that... I just discovered it through some Google search

Though to be honest I think I dipped back into it a few times because I vaguely remember seeing hitman for hire when it was first on YouTube and I do remember reading Dylan’s journals at some point along time ago. Also I’m trying to remember if I saw the suicide photos at some point before last year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
JP



Posts : 115
Contribution Points : 6425
Join date : 2018-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Deep down I believe Columbine kick started a revolution in America   Sat May 26, 2018 1:22 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I remember reading Langman's analysis on Cho, and Langman used Cho's statements about starting a revolution as evidence of schizophrenia.....................but in a way he was right.

Cho never mentioned hearing voices did he?

Joining other murderers influenced by Columbine and calling it a revolution is not entirely delusional. They will continuously be influenced however their plan to kill is entirely their own and has nothing to do with Columbine. The followers are not really followers because they created their own plans and carried them out in their own life. The idea might not have come from Columbine but from before Columbine in an idea of just having a "war" with school. They are in their own world. Eager to join another perhaps, where they are accepted despite what they have done however becoming angry with the new ways they are treated because the only people willing to overlook their behavior are people who normalized unwelcome behavior.

Cho a schizophrenic, I do not believe so. I think his behavior was mostly to intimidate and find relief and confidence. or revenge.

Cho was in a dangerous situation for someone like him, having to trust roommates and people in a college living in the dorms, I have no idea how he could agree to live like that. A schizophrenic would be too paranoid to live with roommates I think. So he was not overly paranoid in that regard.

Some of the ways Cho was treated despite his behavior were unfair. He was kicked out of a writing class for writing something that was not appropriate where you would think that they were allowed to express whatever they had wanted to. He was removed and had to do one on one lessons with a professor and after the first lesson he cried as he left and she ran after him and gave him a copy of her book. People thinking his behavior was odd was not really a reason to exclude him and it makes me wonder what type of people they threw out of their own families or groups for being too odd. Which actually seems anti-social. No one is to blame but Cho. You cannot expect life to be what you fantasize about. Maybe it won't ever be that. You will have to survive with another life. Cho didn't want that life. He was selfish and wanted a life where he would cause harm and death to other things for his own pleasure. Other people getting away with that lifestyle seemed to enrage him. No doubt a suicidal and homicidal individual that was already depressed for years and had the plan for years was just being treated as he always was. What they called selective mutism was more like he had nothing to say to these people in the situations he was in. His professor said she kicked him out because she could not control him(whatever that meant). Cho was shuffled around by very controlling judgemental people that do not forgive and do not forget. A sign of anti-social behavior. No one really said that these groups were comprised of forgiving people. Sometimes you are funneled into a strange reality. Sometimes over and over again. A professional education center is not really the place to want to be treated as one of the gang. I wonder if he had any other group activities other than educational facilities. Groups of anti-social people always think they are "socializing".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sane One



Posts : 138
Contribution Points : 30103
Join date : 2015-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Deep down I believe Columbine kick started a revolution in America   Sat May 26, 2018 2:52 am

Cho admired Eric and Dylan. It is ones choice to murder innocent people at your own school or college but Columbine had a lot of influence on most of these shootings the past 19 years. There is no doubt they influenced the shooters in a such a way that gave them the ability to actually go through with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1828
Contribution Points : 16139
Join date : 2017-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Deep down I believe Columbine kick started a revolution in America   Sat May 26, 2018 2:56 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Cho was in a dangerous situation for someone like him, having to trust roommates and people in a college living in the dorms, I have no idea how he could agree to live like that. A schizophrenic would be too paranoid to live with roommates I think. So he was not overly paranoid in that regard.

Not all schizophrenics are of the paranoid variety.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JP



Posts : 115
Contribution Points : 6425
Join date : 2018-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Deep down I believe Columbine kick started a revolution in America   Sat May 26, 2018 3:00 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Cho admired Eric and Dylan. It is ones choice to murder innocent people at your own school or college but Columbine had a lot of influence on most of these shootings the past 19 years. There is no doubt they influenced the shooters in a such a way that gave them the ability to actually go through with it.

I believe they wanted to massacre before they even heard of Columbine. In some fashion. As children.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sane One



Posts : 138
Contribution Points : 30103
Join date : 2015-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Deep down I believe Columbine kick started a revolution in America   Sat May 26, 2018 3:12 am

I hear that. I just feel Columbine gives would be shooters that extra jolt of motivation to commit these acts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JP



Posts : 115
Contribution Points : 6425
Join date : 2018-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Deep down I believe Columbine kick started a revolution in America   Sat May 26, 2018 3:22 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I hear that. I just feel Columbine gives would be shooters that extra jolt of motivation to commit these acts.

No I think they just want to see someone doing what they wanted to or thought about as children. To get as close as possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JP



Posts : 115
Contribution Points : 6425
Join date : 2018-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Deep down I believe Columbine kick started a revolution in America   Sat May 26, 2018 3:24 am

beer pizza and ice cream seems like a better fantasy life
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy QTR
Top Contributor


Posts : 582
Contribution Points : 10533
Join date : 2017-12-28
Age : 16
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Deep down I believe Columbine kick started a revolution in America   Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
beer pizza and ice cream seems like a better fantasy life
What the fuck has that got to do with anything?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1828
Contribution Points : 16139
Join date : 2017-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Deep down I believe Columbine kick started a revolution in America   Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
beer pizza and ice cream seems like a better fantasy life
What the fuck has that got to do with anything?

Don't acknowledge it and it will go away.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4552
Contribution Points : 33203
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Deep down I believe Columbine kick started a revolution in America   Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:45 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
beer pizza and ice cream seems like a better fantasy life
What the fuck has that got to do with anything?

Don't acknowledge it and it will go away.

LOL

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Population Control
Chatroom Moderator
avatar

Posts : 189
Contribution Points : 3916
Join date : 2018-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Deep down I believe Columbine kick started a revolution in America   Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:30 am

People give Columbine too much credit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1828
Contribution Points : 16139
Join date : 2017-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Deep down I believe Columbine kick started a revolution in America   Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:11 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
People give Columbine too much credit.

What makes you say that?

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor


Posts : 3167
Contribution Points : 23153
Join date : 2017-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Deep down I believe Columbine kick started a revolution in America   Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:03 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
People give Columbine too much credit.

What makes you say that?

I am interested too, I think there is evidence to the contrary.

Also when Parkland happened they didn't go ask the kids from Virginia Tech or Jonesboro how they felt, they went to the kids who survived Columbine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
 
Deep down I believe Columbine kick started a revolution in America
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Kidnapped! {X started}
» Swinging from the vines
» Grulla mares kick but *Please join* (Mares wanted to form a mare herd, please have a grulla horse, no stallions a lowed till later on in another herd topic.)
» Deep Smurfs
» Bite me.[[Started still open]]

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: