Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kerea2244
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 46476

PostSubject: Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them   Thu May 31, 2018 5:31 pm

Did Adam ever make comments to the people he killed before or after he shot them? Kind of like what e & d did to their victims
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

PostSubject: Re: Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them   Thu May 31, 2018 5:38 pm

Yes
But very short one liners
“Well youre here”
“I know your in there”
And a lot of times he said 1 or 2 words
Back to top Go down
TheOne99
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 20220

PostSubject: Re: Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them   Thu May 31, 2018 5:55 pm

eldigato wrote:
Yes
But very short one liners
“Well youre here”
“I know your in there”
And a lot of times he said 1 or 2 words

Was he yelling them or just saying it in a calm manner?

"Criminals are made, not born" - Tim Kretschmer

"I'm the god/dictator of my own life" - Pekka-Eric Auvinen

"Being made human Without the possibility of BEING human The cruelest of all punishments." - Dylan Klebold

"fuck you" - William Atchison
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them   Thu May 31, 2018 6:11 pm

This text is from Rampage Nation: Securing America From Mass Shootings by Louis Klarevas Page number is 24.

"I don't want to be here!" called out one child. 12
"Well, you're here!" Lanza retorted
"Help Me!" pleaded another.
"Shut the fuck up!" Lanza yelled back, before continuing his onslaught.
Back to top Go down
UncontinuedProcess
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 15209

PostSubject: Re: Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them   Thu May 31, 2018 6:14 pm

Didn't he also shout "look at them!" at someone or has that ever been confirmed to be true?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them   Thu May 31, 2018 6:27 pm

@UncontinuedProcess wrote:
Didn't he also shout "look at them!" at someone or has that ever been confirmed to be true?

I forgot to add that quote.

Same book same page.

He was livid, perhaps from the teacher's attempt to hide the children. Calling her an "asshole," he demanded that she examine the carnage. "Come over here! Look at them!" Petrified by fear, she couldn't move. Lanza inserted a new magazine and shouted "Look at me!" just prior to unleashing his fury on her. She was killed instantly.
Back to top Go down
sscc
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 30554

PostSubject: Re: Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them   Thu May 31, 2018 6:36 pm

There are some witness statements that I posted in another thread.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The children who escaped seemed to agree that he was not speaking before opening fire or while he was shooting so I think it's possible that he did not start shouting until after some of the children ran out of the room. Maybe he was angry about his potential victims escaping and was trying to regain control of the situation or maybe the children who escaped were too traumatized to remember but there are four or five specific statements in there saying that he said nothing at all.

Here are the two excerpts that I've found which give specifics on what he said during the shooting. Neither of these witnesses were actually in the rooms where Adam was shooting, as far as I can tell, so it does make sense to believe that the shouting did not begin until sometime after the children escaped. One of the statements that was mentioned above is located in the first excerpt and it says that an "angry man" was shouting at a screaming child.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UncontinuedProcess
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them   Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:27 am

PotholeAbyss wrote:

He was livid, perhaps from the teacher's attempt to hide the children. Calling her an "asshole," he demanded that she examine the carnage. "Come over here! Look at them!" Petrified by fear, she couldn't move. Lanza inserted a new magazine and shouted "Look at me!" just prior to unleashing his fury on her. She was killed instantly.

Is it possible that Adam was talking to Ms.Soto in this exchange? I always thought she was killed almost instantly when Adam entered Room 10.

Also imagining Adam shout is quite difficult to imagine compared to his voice on the radio call (I know Adam on the radio call wasn't using his 100% natural voice but it's the closest we got).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 37154

PostSubject: Re: Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them   Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:39 am

I've heard conflicting reports that he said nothing* and that he said nothing.

*EDIT: Fuck I meant to write something. Sometimes I want to chop off my hand.

Last edited by QuestionMark on Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UncontinuedProcess
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them   Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I've heard conflicting reports that he said nothing and that he said nothing.

tbh, it wouldn't be uncharacteristic of Adam not to talk during his massacre, he wasn't a talkative person to begin with. He could've been alot like Cho in his shooting who was reported to have sent absolutely nothing during his rampage.

Also from what I remember from the audio of the 911 calls that were made during and around the vicinity of the actual shooting, only the gunshots are somewhat audible and there seemed to be no shouting but then again the more explicated content if there were (sounds of screaming and shouting within the classrooms) couldve been withheld from the public but from what is heard on Rick Thorne's and the person in Room 9's 911 call, there doesn't seem to be any.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smiggles94
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 18653

PostSubject: Re: Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them   Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:31 am

Such a quiet and reserved person im sure that he probably just let himself go in the end and screamed
Not many people too tell the story though
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them
Page 1 of 1