Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them

Go down 
+4
QuestionMark
sscc
UncontinuedProcess
Kerea2244
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

Contribution Points : 122900
Forum Reputation : 40

Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them Empty
PostSubject: Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them   Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 3:31 am

Did Adam ever make comments to the people he killed before or after he shot them? Kind of like what e & d did to their victims
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them   Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 3:38 am

Yes
But very short one liners
“Well youre here”
“I know your in there”
And a lot of times he said 1 or 2 words
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them   Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 3:55 am

eldigato wrote:
Yes
But very short one liners
“Well youre here”
“I know your in there”
And a lot of times he said 1 or 2 words

Was he yelling them or just saying it in a calm manner?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them   Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 4:11 am

This text is from Rampage Nation: Securing America From Mass Shootings by Louis Klarevas Page number is 24.

"I don't want to be here!" called out one child. 12
"Well, you're here!" Lanza retorted
"Help Me!" pleaded another.
"Shut the fuck up!" Lanza yelled back, before continuing his onslaught.
Back to top Go down
UncontinuedProcess

UncontinuedProcess

Contribution Points : 66307
Forum Reputation : 430

PostSubject: Re: Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them   Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 4:14 am

Didn't he also shout "look at them!" at someone or has that ever been confirmed to be true?

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them   Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 4:27 am

UncontinuedProcess wrote:
Didn't he also shout "look at them!" at someone or has that ever been confirmed to be true?

I forgot to add that quote.

Same book same page.

He was livid, perhaps from the teacher's attempt to hide the children. Calling her an "asshole," he demanded that she examine the carnage. "Come over here! Look at them!" Petrified by fear, she couldn't move. Lanza inserted a new magazine and shouted "Look at me!" just prior to unleashing his fury on her. She was killed instantly.
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 82271
Forum Reputation : 523

PostSubject: Re: Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them   Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 4:36 am

There are some witness statements that I posted in another thread.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The children who escaped seemed to agree that he was not speaking before opening fire or while he was shooting so I think it's possible that he did not start shouting until after some of the children ran out of the room. Maybe he was angry about his potential victims escaping and was trying to regain control of the situation or maybe the children who escaped were too traumatized to remember but there are four or five specific statements in there saying that he said nothing at all.

Here are the two excerpts that I've found which give specifics on what he said during the shooting. Neither of these witnesses were actually in the rooms where Adam was shooting, as far as I can tell, so it does make sense to believe that the shouting did not begin until sometime after the children escaped. One of the statements that was mentioned above is located in the first excerpt and it says that an "angry man" was shouting at a screaming child.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

MilverSoxie and anna444 like this post

Back to top Go down
UncontinuedProcess

UncontinuedProcess

PostSubject: Re: Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them   Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 4:27 pm

PotholeAbyss wrote:

He was livid, perhaps from the teacher's attempt to hide the children. Calling her an "asshole," he demanded that she examine the carnage. "Come over here! Look at them!" Petrified by fear, she couldn't move. Lanza inserted a new magazine and shouted "Look at me!" just prior to unleashing his fury on her. She was killed instantly.

Is it possible that Adam was talking to Ms.Soto in this exchange? I always thought she was killed almost instantly when Adam entered Room 10.

Also imagining Adam shout is quite difficult to imagine compared to his voice on the radio call (I know Adam on the radio call wasn't using his 100% natural voice but it's the closest we got).
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119628
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them   Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 9:39 pm

I've heard conflicting reports that he said nothing* and that he said nothing.

*EDIT: Fuck I meant to write something. Sometimes I want to chop off my hand.

Last edited by QuestionMark on Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
UncontinuedProcess

UncontinuedProcess

PostSubject: Re: Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them   Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2018 3:00 am

QuestionMark wrote:
I've heard conflicting reports that he said nothing and that he said nothing.

tbh, it wouldn't be uncharacteristic of Adam not to talk during his massacre, he wasn't a talkative person to begin with. He could've been alot like Cho in his shooting who was reported to have sent absolutely nothing during his rampage.

Also from what I remember from the audio of the 911 calls that were made during and around the vicinity of the actual shooting, only the gunshots are somewhat audible and there seemed to be no shouting but then again the more explicated content if there were (sounds of screaming and shouting within the classrooms) couldve been withheld from the public but from what is heard on Rick Thorne's and the person in Room 9's 911 call, there doesn't seem to be any.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Smiggles94

Smiggles94

Contribution Points : 69924
Forum Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them   Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 5:31 pm

Such a quiet and reserved person im sure that he probably just let himself go in the end and screamed
Not many people too tell the story though

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
MilverSoxie
Banned

Contribution Points : 35151
Forum Reputation : 123

PostSubject: Re: Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them   Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2020 9:22 pm

book 5 page 206

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them   Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2020 10:31 pm

SilverMoxie wrote:

book 5 page 206
He also said to a boy "well, you're here" after he cried and said "I don't want to be here".
Back to top Go down
MilverSoxie
Banned

Contribution Points : 35151
Forum Reputation : 123

PostSubject: Re: Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them   Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2021 7:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Found this as well. This news article has been attributed as the source, other surviving articles recalling this same information are still up but I have yet to find it in the police reports. As for the silence and the yelling not being compatible, I think there is little enough dialogue compared to how long the shooting actually lasted for both to have occurred.
Back to top Go down
NEXT STEP UP

NEXT STEP UP

Contribution Points : 41899
Forum Reputation : 720

PostSubject: Re: Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them   Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2023 8:32 am

The only real line he seemed to say was

"Well, you're here."

Apart from that, he seemed to have quite the potty-mouth, and witnesses of the massacre described him as "angry."

Think with your noggin, not your n!ggin'.

transcendentalauracel331 and anna444 like this post

Back to top Go down
transcendentalauracel331

transcendentalauracel331

Contribution Points : 15657
Forum Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them   Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2023 11:41 pm

NEXT STEP UP wrote:
The only real line he seemed to say was

"Well, you're here."

I've always been very intrigued by this line. According to the article "The voices of children who saw evil" in the publication "newstimes" the student who heard this was hiding in the bathroom. I kind of doubt that if you were hiding in a bathroom that you'd hear something from a neighboring classroom. According to some research I did, there were dedicated bathrooms connected to the hallways and also some bathrooms that were inside classrooms. So, I wonder which bathroom this was heard in. Maybe I'm just being really pedantic and autistic about this lol.

"Sat is whatever is other than the Gods and the Prana, while Tyam consists of the Gods and the Prana. All of that is comprehended by this word 'Satyam.' That is the full extent of this whole world. And you are this whole world." - (Kaushitaki Upanishad 1.6)

Nihilism is just the rejection of teleology.

"I am the punishment of God. If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you." - Genghis Khan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them   Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did adam ever say anything to people before he shot/killed them
Page 1 of 1