Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 
 

 Sad Piece Of Background Info.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rayybayy444

avatar

Posts : 26
Contribution Points : 3100
Join date : 2018-06-05
Age : 26
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Sad Piece Of Background Info.   Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:04 am

I thought this particular part was very sad concerning Dylan Klebold. This was allegedly stated by his mother and father when speaking to the detectives after the shooting.
No No No Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

"Mr. Klebold advised that the transition from Governor's Ranch Elementary to Ken Caryl Junior High could be described as from "cradle to reality." Mr. Klebold said that Dylan was sheltered at his classes at Governor's Ranch. The Klebold's perspective in that Dylan semmed well adjusted. Mrs. Klebold then stated the only time she ever saw Dylan cry was once when he came home from school and went to his bedroom. Dylan then took a box of stuffed toys from the closet and buried himself and fell asleep underneath the stuffed toys. Mrs. Klebold said that she checked on what the problem was, however, Dylan would never tell her what had caused him to cry."

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Rayy Bayy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 5074
Contribution Points : 48584
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Sad Piece Of Background Info.   Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:29 am

I do recall reading about that incident. BUT I can't really remember when this was said to have taken place. Does anyone know exactly when this crying episode had supposedly happened?


_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 3623
Contribution Points : 46193
Join date : 2017-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Sad Piece Of Background Info.   Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:41 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I do recall reading about that incident. BUT I can't really remember when this was said to have taken place. Does anyone know exactly when this crying episode had supposedly happened?


I think in 7th grade.

In some places people combine this with the ketchup incident and say it was 16 year old Dylan crying in his closet...

I’m sure Dylan’s feelings after the ketchup was more rage than anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2033
Contribution Points : 28762
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Sad Piece Of Background Info.   Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:43 am

There isn't much info on the incident and bc Sue didn't pry we will never know what happened but I would assume it happened when he was in his first year at Ken Caryl

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 5074
Contribution Points : 48584
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Sad Piece Of Background Info.   Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:44 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
There isn't much info on the incident and bc Sue didn't pry we will never know what happened but I would assume it happened when he was in his first year at Ken Caryl


Agree. The timeline for this has never been clear. scratch

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2033
Contribution Points : 28762
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Sad Piece Of Background Info.   Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:45 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I do recall reading about that incident. BUT I can't really remember when this was said to have taken place. Does anyone know exactly when this crying episode had supposedly happened?


I think in 7th grade.

In some places people combine this with the ketchup incident and say it was 16 year old Dylan crying in his closet...

I’m sure Dylan’s feelings after the ketchup was more rage than anything.

The ketchup incident whether tampons or not supposedly made Dylan very upset as well. Perhaps rage on the outside but I dont doubt when he was alone in his room he was crying about it. He was a sensitive person for sure

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 5074
Contribution Points : 48584
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Sad Piece Of Background Info.   Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:55 am

I honestly don't think I could have that happen to either of my children without getting to the bottom of it. Especially if this was an older child.

In my opinion Dylan was seeking comfort during this act. Also the fact that these toys were boxed up in a closet makes me think that Dylan was possibly older when this incident occurred.

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2033
Contribution Points : 28762
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Sad Piece Of Background Info.   Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:02 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I honestly don't think I could have that happen to either of my children without getting to the bottom of it. Especially if this was an older child.

In my opinion Dylan was seeking comfort during this act. Also the fact that these toys were boxed up in a closet makes me think that Dylan was possibly older when this incident occurred.

The things Sue DID let go probably bother her to this day. I agree that if my child were this upset there would be no way I would let it go. Same with the pushing incident where he told her he couldn't take much more or even the simple fact he looked like he was wasting away.

I get that Dylan was not big into sharing his personal feelings but he is your child. Sometimes pushing your way in is the best thing to do.

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 5074
Contribution Points : 48584
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Sad Piece Of Background Info.   Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:13 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I honestly don't think I could have that happen to either of my children without getting to the bottom of it. Especially if this was an older child.

In my opinion Dylan was seeking comfort during this act. Also the fact that these toys were boxed up in a closet makes me think that Dylan was possibly older when this incident occurred.

The things Sue DID let go probably bother her to this day.  I agree that if my child were this upset there would be no way I would let it go.  Same with the pushing incident where he told her he couldn't take much more or even the simple fact he looked like he was wasting away.

I get that Dylan was not big into sharing his personal feelings but he is your child.  Sometimes pushing your way in is the best thing to do.


Agreed. I'm sure Sue is haunted by many things. Hindsight is often very clear and very cruel. No


_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 3623
Contribution Points : 46193
Join date : 2017-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Sad Piece Of Background Info.   Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:20 am

I think Dylan still cried on the phone with Zach up until his senior year, and when you read about some of the two faced stuff he did to Dylan it kind of breaks your heart. Dylan never gave up on Zach being his best friend.

I am sure Dylan was humiliated and sad over the ketchup incident. I’m glad he had chad with him after but there’s nothing about Eric’s reaction or if anyone helped him.

I’m with you on your feelings on Sue. The pushing incident would have been a huge red flag. If my normally even tempered goof ball son told me he couldn’t control his anger towards me I’d sit right down with him. I’m sure she regrets that.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Watcher73



Posts : 44
Contribution Points : 3642
Join date : 2018-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Sad Piece Of Background Info.   Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:01 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Hindsight is often very clear and very cruel. No  

Indeed. There's a quote that's stuck with me over the years.

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen,
The saddest are these: "It might have been."" - John Whittier
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rayybayy444

avatar

Posts : 26
Contribution Points : 3100
Join date : 2018-06-05
Age : 26
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: Sad Piece Of Background Info.   Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:36 pm

I agree! I don't think we will ever know the exact date or time frame that took place. I don't understand how Sue could have just walked away seeing her child like that, and NOT got to the bottom of it! smh....

Another thing I found soooo SAD AND DEVESTATING!!! It brought me to tears😢 is from the accounts of the "Basement Tapes." As far as what the transcripts say of what was seen and heard being on the tape. Eric Harris through out the basement tape said the specific word "SORRY" in terms of him apologizing to his mother, friends, and even the people he said he would kill and their families. He apologizes a total of 8 DIFFERENT TIMES through out the "Basement Tapes" (I specifically counted myself doing my own research and understanding of Eric Harris.) As well as crying at one point in his car. Where as Dylan only said "SORRY" one time, on the final tape, saying goodbye. (I also noticed in their Final Goodbye, Dylan only addresses his MOM, not his DAD. Yet his Dad had told investigators that they were close, and that Dylan was his 'best friend') I think for Dylan he already had a suicidal tendency, so it's almost maybe as if it still never registered to him what he was about to do. Or, he was just entirely prepared to end his life. But with Eric saying sorry 8 separate times, and even becoming emotional, you can really see how much this pain was haunting him No Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I just wished someone would have paid more attention to him. I feel that IF someone would have gotten to Eric and understood and actually HELPED him. I don't think he would have done the shooting. Now Dylan seemed to already be suicidal, and concerning him I feel IF he would have gotten more help and attention especially from his parents instead of thinking they were giving him 'privacy' they would have noticed his depression, and could have started trying to get him proper help. And if Dylan's parent didn't, I feel he would have took his own life eventually.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Rayy Bayy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2033
Contribution Points : 28762
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Sad Piece Of Background Info.   Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:05 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I agree! I don't think we will ever know the exact date or time frame that took place. I don't understand how Sue could have just walked away seeing her child like that, and NOT got to the bottom of it! smh....

Another thing I found soooo SAD AND DEVESTATING!!! It brought me to tears😢  is from the accounts of the "Basement Tapes." As far as what the transcripts say of what was seen and heard being on the tape. Eric Harris through out the basement tape said the specific word "SORRY" in terms of him apologizing to his mother, friends, and even the people he said he would kill and their families. He apologizes a total of 8 DIFFERENT TIMES through out the "Basement Tapes" (I specifically counted myself doing my own research and understanding of Eric Harris.) As well as crying at one point in his car. Where as Dylan only said "SORRY" one time, on the final tape, saying goodbye. (I also noticed in their Final Goodbye, Dylan only addresses his MOM, not his DAD. Yet his Dad had told investigators that they were close, and that Dylan was his 'best friend') I think for Dylan he already had a suicidal tendency, so it's almost maybe as if it still never registered to him what he was about to do. Or, he was just entirely prepared to end his life. But with Eric saying sorry 8 separate times, and even becoming emotional, you can really see how much this pain was haunting him No Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad  I just wished someone would have paid more attention to him. I feel that IF someone would have gotten to Eric and understood and actually HELPED him. I don't think he would have done the shooting. Now Dylan seemed to already be suicidal, and concerning him I feel IF he would have gotten more help and attention especially from his parents instead of thinking they were giving him 'privacy' they would have noticed his depression, and could have started trying to get him proper help. And if Dylan's parent didn't, I feel he would have took his own life eventually.

Dylan spent the last few months of his life blaming everyone including his family for the massacre. TBH I am surprised he even said goodbye at all.

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rayybayy444

avatar

Posts : 26
Contribution Points : 3100
Join date : 2018-06-05
Age : 26
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: Sad Piece Of Background Info.   Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:37 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I started to notice that! Dylan did seem as if he was starting to grow more and more frustrated towards his family. It makes me wonder what really went on in the Klebold home? The parents portrayed it as if everything was fine between them and Dylan, and that they were 'close' as any parents usually are with their teenage kids. But Dylan's accounts depict a different view into his relationships with his parents. To me one that seems very distant!


_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Rayy Bayy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 5074
Contribution Points : 48584
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Sad Piece Of Background Info.   Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:49 pm

There are a lot of people who think along those lines as well. While I truly don't think the Klebold's were bad parents, I do think they were kind of just letting Dylan do his own thing.

They seemed to have just accepted the fake "I'm fine, everything is fine" front that Dylan presented, and went on about their business blind to what was really happening. They didn't dig, because they thought Dylan was OK.

As I said before, his parents looking back must hurt like hell every single time they pinpoint something that is now seen with 20/20 vision. No

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein


Last edited by ShadowedGoddess on Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 3623
Contribution Points : 46193
Join date : 2017-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Sad Piece Of Background Info.   Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:52 pm

There is an interesting post I read and it had a story from Jeff Kass’s book


About a month after the van break-in, Dylan scratched something into another student’s locker. Peter Horvath, the dean, doesn’t know why Dylan chose the locker, and doesn’t recall the student’s name, only that the student felt threatened when he saw Dylan scratching with a paper clip. Because Dylan didn’t finish, the design he was scratching was unclear, Horvath says.

Dylan was detained, and Horvath was with him for about forty minutes while they waited for Tom Klebold to arrive and deal with the incident. “Dylan became very agitated” waiting for his father to come to school to discuss the situation with Peter, and began pacing around the room, according to a summary of Horvath’s interview with police.


Horvath tried to calm him down, and Dylan cussed at him, although it wasn’t personal. **********Dylan was “very upset with the school system and the way CHS handled people, to include the people that picked on him and others,” according to the police interview.

Horvath thought Dylan was a “pretty angry kid” who also had the impression that he had anger issues with his dad and was upset with “stuff at home,” the police report continued.

Tom Klebold, who Horvath thought of as an “Einstein” eventually arrived. With his glasses, and salt and pepper hair, he was proper, eloquent, and astute. He also had serious problems with this second suspension, and asked Dylan to leave the room—an unusual move in Horvath’s experience. “He [Tom] felt as though it was too severe for what had happened,” Horvath said of the standard, three-day suspension for essentially a vandalism charge. “Can’t we do anything else? Can’t he [Dylan] just do, you know, twenty-five hours of community service, thirty hours of community service?” Tom Klebold asked. Nope. Horvath didn’t budge. Peter sensed that Dylan had some anger issues with his father.


Michelle Hartsough also said Dylan hated his dad but she also said Dylan slapped her... I think Kristi and a few girls in their group knew her and said they didn’t like her.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Szabo



Posts : 119
Contribution Points : 13182
Join date : 2017-04-07
Location : Cornwall, UK.

PostSubject: Re: Sad Piece Of Background Info.   Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
There are a lot of people who think along those lines as well. While I truly don't think the Klebold's were bad parents, I do think they were kind of just letting Dylan do his own thing.

They seemed to have just accepted the fake "I'm fine, everything is fine" front that Dylan presented, and went on about their business blind to what was really happening. They didn't dig, because they thought Dylan was OK.

As I said before, his parents looking back must hurt like hell every single time they pinpoint something that is now seen with 20/20 vision. No

I think the Klebolds were probably better parents on average than a lot of families. It's just unfortunate for Sue & Tom that unlike most other families they were raising a son who also had homicidal intentions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 5074
Contribution Points : 48584
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Sad Piece Of Background Info.   Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
There are a lot of people who think along those lines as well. While I truly don't think the Klebold's were bad parents, I do think they were kind of just letting Dylan do his own thing.

They seemed to have just accepted the fake "I'm fine, everything is fine" front that Dylan presented, and went on about their business blind to what was really happening. They didn't dig, because they thought Dylan was OK.

As I said before, his parents looking back must hurt like hell every single time they pinpoint something that is now seen with 20/20 vision. No

I think the Klebolds were probably better parents on average than a lot of families. It's just unfortunate for Sue & Tom that unlike most other families they were raising a son who also had homicidal intentions.

True. It is clear that Dylan had desperately needed help for a few years. Sadly he hid his hurt, anger, and frustrations from nearly everyone. The only person he seemed to trust with that part of himself was Eric, who was struggling with his own issues.

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 3623
Contribution Points : 46193
Join date : 2017-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Sad Piece Of Background Info.   Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:49 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
There are a lot of people who think along those lines as well. While I truly don't think the Klebold's were bad parents, I do think they were kind of just letting Dylan do his own thing.

They seemed to have just accepted the fake "I'm fine, everything is fine" front that Dylan presented, and went on about their business blind to what was really happening. They didn't dig, because they thought Dylan was OK.

As I said before, his parents looking back must hurt like hell every single time they pinpoint something that is now seen with 20/20 vision. No

I think the Klebolds were probably better parents on average than a lot of families. It's just unfortunate for Sue & Tom that unlike most other families they were raising a son who also had homicidal intentions.

True. It is clear that Dylan had desperately needed help for a few years. Sadly he hid his hurt, anger, and frustrations from nearly everyone. The only person he seemed to trust with that part of himself was Eric, who was struggling with his own issues.


I truly believe, and I think 90% of people agree with me whether you’re researching or whether you knew E and D personally I don’t think it would’ve happened without one another.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2206
Contribution Points : 24140
Join date : 2017-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Sad Piece Of Background Info.   Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:54 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
There are a lot of people who think along those lines as well. While I truly don't think the Klebold's were bad parents, I do think they were kind of just letting Dylan do his own thing. 

I think it could be argued that both families were like that. God knows Wayne and Kathy gave Eric way too much leeway.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 3623
Contribution Points : 46193
Join date : 2017-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Sad Piece Of Background Info.   Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
There are a lot of people who think along those lines as well. While I truly don't think the Klebold's were bad parents, I do think they were kind of just letting Dylan do his own thing. 

I think it could be argued that both families were like that. God knows Wayne and Kathy gave Eric way too much leeway.

I definitely feel like from the stories I’ve heard both their parents were more lenient than my parents were with me. And I did nothing.... I went to school went to dance class went to bed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 5074
Contribution Points : 48584
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Sad Piece Of Background Info.   Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
There are a lot of people who think along those lines as well. While I truly don't think the Klebold's were bad parents, I do think they were kind of just letting Dylan do his own thing. 

I think it could be argued that both families were like that. God knows Wayne and Kathy gave Eric way too much leeway.


Agreed. I mean Eric was testing out Napalm recipes and building bombs at his house for fucks sake.

Also that brings me to one question that has always bugged me. One that no one has ever been able to answer, which is how in the hell did Eric's mom and dad NOT smell him mixing gas and other shit and heating it at their house?

It's not like you could just spray a little air freshener and cover that kind of smell up. That has just never made any sense to me.  scratch Suspect

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 3623
Contribution Points : 46193
Join date : 2017-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Sad Piece Of Background Info.   Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:15 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
There are a lot of people who think along those lines as well. While I truly don't think the Klebold's were bad parents, I do think they were kind of just letting Dylan do his own thing. 

I think it could be argued that both families were like that. God knows Wayne and Kathy gave Eric way too much leeway.


Agreed. I mean Eric was testing out Napalm recipes and building bombs at his house for fucks sake.

Also that brings me to one question that has always bugged me. One that no one has ever been able to answer, which is how in the hell did Eric's mom and dad NOT smell him mixing gas and other shit and heating it at their house?

It's not like you could just spray a little air freshener and cover that kind of smell up. That has just never made any sense to me.  scratch Suspect

That is an excellent question. Because don’t tell me they never went down to the basement just because it was Eric’s space Eric was a child and he’s not paying rent... He also was known to have a pipe bomb, he was arrested for stealing and he knew he was vandalizing things.

Here’s a question I’ve never seen asked, but maybe it’s something to ponder? Were Eric’s parents afraid of him? I don’t think Wayne was but maybe Kathy was?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rayybayy444

avatar

Posts : 26
Contribution Points : 3100
Join date : 2018-06-05
Age : 26
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: Sad Piece Of Background Info.   Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:29 pm

I think that because of the guilt their parents feel, They'll never reveal just how much they knew about Eric and Dylan's moves, activities etc.. We know that Eric's parents had found a pipe bomb made by him before. I wonder if the Harris's knew that Eric had any bombs but thought of them more as just "A Teenage Boy Thing" and never thought he would use them in any way to harm anyone?

scratch

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Rayy Bayy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 5074
Contribution Points : 48584
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Sad Piece Of Background Info.   Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:31 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
There are a lot of people who think along those lines as well. While I truly don't think the Klebold's were bad parents, I do think they were kind of just letting Dylan do his own thing. 

I think it could be argued that both families were like that. God knows Wayne and Kathy gave Eric way too much leeway.


Agreed. I mean Eric was testing out Napalm recipes and building bombs at his house for fucks sake.

Also that brings me to one question that has always bugged me. One that no one has ever been able to answer, which is how in the hell did Eric's mom and dad NOT smell him mixing gas and other shit and heating it at their house?

It's not like you could just spray a little air freshener and cover that kind of smell up. That has just never made any sense to me.  scratch Suspect

That is an excellent question. Because don’t tell me they never went down to the basement just because it was Eric’s space  Eric was a child and he’s not paying rent...  He also was known to have a pipe bomb, he was arrested for stealing and he knew he was vandalizing things.

Here’s a question I’ve never seen asked, but maybe it’s something to ponder? Were Eric’s parents afraid of him? I don’t  think Wayne was but maybe Kathy was?




That is something to think about.

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 5074
Contribution Points : 48584
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Sad Piece Of Background Info.   Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I think that because of the guilt their parents feel, They'll never reveal just how much they knew about Eric and Dylan's moves, activities etc.. We know that Eric's parents had found a pipe bomb made by him before. I wonder if the Harris's knew that Eric had any bombs but thought of them more as just "A Teenage Boy Thing" and never thought he would use them in any way to harm anyone?

scratch


I just highly doubt Wayne Harris would have tolerated Eric making and keeping pipe bombs in his house.

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rayybayy444

avatar

Posts : 26
Contribution Points : 3100
Join date : 2018-06-05
Age : 26
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: Sad Piece Of Background Info.   Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:07 pm

That is true, I'm sure he was very strict. LOL my dad is a Marine and he STAYED on my ass Laughing

I was also wondering If anyone knows more on Patrick Ireland particularly statements he made. I found this..

On 8601-8700 PG 44

A detective was interviewing Patrick Ireland's father and he stated this:

According to Mr Ireland, Patrick has made sporadic statements that include "Face the angered, trying to kill you", "poor family", "killed us dead", "TNT-I'm dynamite", "31 flavors" and "I hate Dillon and Eric."


I wonder if more was said by him or anyone while being in/out of consciousness??

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Rayy Bayy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 5074
Contribution Points : 48584
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Sad Piece Of Background Info.   Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
That is true, I'm sure he was very strict. LOL my dad is a Marine and he STAYED on my ass Laughing

I was also wondering If anyone knows more on Patrick Ireland particularly statements he made. I found this..

On 8601-8700 PG 44

A detective was interviewing Patrick Ireland's father and he stated this:

According to Mr Ireland, Patrick has made sporadic statements that include "Face the angered, trying to kill you", "poor family", "killed us dead", "TNT-I'm dynamite", "31 flavors" and "I hate Dillon and Eric."


I wonder if more was said by him or anyone while being in/out of consciousness??


I guarantee there were similar statements from the other victims as well.

Sadly how would anyone even know if anything they said were things that truly happened or just something their minds invented while under stress combined with tons of pain medication. Especially if they couldn't recall anything of the sort after they were fully awake and clear headed.

This is why the witness reports were so unreliable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2206
Contribution Points : 24140
Join date : 2017-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Sad Piece Of Background Info.   Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I just highly doubt Wayne Harris would have tolerated Eric making and keeping pipe bombs in his house.

Well evidently Wayne either was accepting of it or was willfully ignorant of what his son was doing. I personally would say it's the latter, but I really have to wonder what he was thinking considering how much he let Eric get away with.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rayybayy444

avatar

Posts : 26
Contribution Points : 3100
Join date : 2018-06-05
Age : 26
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: Sad Piece Of Background Info.   Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:31 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That's a verrry valid point. I hadn't even thought of those aspects. I want to read through the 11K report to try an see how many victims made statements of that sort. It for some reason really hit me with a sense of what was going through their minds and what they were thinking about in those moments. Sad but so intriguing to discover!!

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Rayy Bayy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Sad Piece Of Background Info.
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» New changes in the one piece series
» One Piece Blue Databook; some stuff from it. (SPOILER ALERT)
» SPECIAL CHAPTER: One Piece x Toriko
» One Piece Discussion
» Current Shichibukai & Admirals in One Piece. Opinions ?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: