Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Earliest Mass Murders/Spree killings In World History?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheOne99
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 6216

PostSubject: Earliest Mass Murders/Spree killings In World History?   Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:11 pm

not mass shootings but like perhaps killing sprees with swords and daggers and shit?
*Do not include serial killers like that french knight or those werewolf serial killers*

UncontinuedProcess
Banned until July 30, 2018

Contribution Points : 9401

PostSubject: Re: Earliest Mass Murders/Spree killings In World History?   Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:15 am

Barnett Davenport is often referred to be the first individual mass murderer in post-revolutionary America, he killed his landlord, his wife and granddaughter before setting their house on fire which killed two sleepers within the house.

There's also the Beselick rampage in the Holy Roman Empire in 1583 which a man used an axe and arson to kill 41 people but very little information on that case exists.

Giuseppe Marco Fieschi could be considered the first mass shooter by using a volley gun that he constructed with a co-conspirator to assassinate King Louis-Philippe, he ended up killing 18 people and wounded a further 22 while Louis-Philippe escaped serious injury.

I know there was a pile of mass murders during the 19th century that used melee weapons but most of them consisted of family annihilations, I figure you are probably looking for some pre-1800's.

Also  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
those werewolf serial killers*
Hold up here, what?! I need to know about this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enesbrietchvonfrederitch

Contribution Points : 7773

PostSubject: Re: Earliest Mass Murders/Spree killings In World History?   Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:24 am

Piruz Nahavandi killed 7 to 10 people and injured 3 to 6 others in Medina, Rashidun Caliphate in 644. Used a melee weapon.

Christoff Bihl killed his nine children in Zabern, Holy Roman Empire on August 25, 1580. Used a knife, and his bare hands.

Blasius Endres killed seven members of his household in Wangen im Allgäu, Holy Roman Empire on August 9, 1585. Used a Iron mortar, hunting knife and his bare hands.

Jorg Rosthell killed his wife and six children in Breslau, or Prüsseln, Holy Roman Empire on April 11, 1599. Used a butcher knife.

Hans Eisenbeiß killed eight members of his household in Eliasbrunn, Holy Roman Empire on April 28, 1606. Used an axe.

In 1614 a man killed his wife and five children in their sleep in Valencia, Spain. He was executed by hanging, drawing, and quartering.

Michel Mosenheuer killed seven of his relatives in Benterode, Holy Roman Empire during January 13 to January 14, 1616. Used a Scimitar. Committed suicide.

Heinrich Rosenzweig killed his wife and six children in Quedlinburg, Holy Roman Empire on January 2, 1621. Used a sword, hatchet and his bare hands.

On October 22, 1641 a Javanese killed six people aboard the English ship "Coster" anchoring in the road of Bantam, Java. Used a kris (a dagger).

Thomas Austin killed nine of his relatives in Cullompton, United Kingdom in 1694. Used an axe.

John Chambers killed six of his children in Simer, United Kingdom, in date unknown, probably 1725.

Soera Brotto killed seven people and injured 10 others in Cape Town, Cape Colony during September 25 to 26, in 1786. Used a melee weapon.

Magofuku Itsuki killed three people and wounded six others with a sword in Furuichi, Japan in 1796.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheOne99
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 6216

PostSubject: Re: Earliest Mass Murders/Spree killings In World History?   Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:01 am

Barnett Davenport is often referred to be the first individual mass murderer in post-revolutionary America, he killed his landlord, his wife and granddaughter before setting their house on fire which killed two sleepers within the house.

There's also the Beselick rampage in the Holy Roman Empire in 1583 which a man used an axe and arson to kill 41 people but very little information on that case exists.

Giuseppe Marco Fieschi could be considered the first mass shooter by using a volley gun that he constructed with a co-conspirator to assassinate King Louis-Philippe, he ended up killing 18 people and wounded a further 22 while Louis-Philippe escaped serious injury.

I know there was a pile of mass murders during the 19th century that used melee weapons but most of them consisted of family annihilations, I figure you are probably looking for some pre-1800's.

Also  
those werewolf serial killers*
Hold up here, what?! I need to know about this.

Yea, I had a book called "Historical Serial KIllers" and there were these 2 serial killers from france and germany who back in like 1400s and 1500s or somewhere around there dressed as wolves and lured their victims or something only to be later found out by mobs that they were actually humans and executed I think

QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 20112

PostSubject: Re: Earliest Mass Murders/Spree killings In World History?   Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:09 pm

Sounds like an early version of Jared Loughner.

View user profile

Earliest Mass Murders/Spree killings In World History?
Page 1 of 1