Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
ShadowedGoddess
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 75790

PostSubject: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:25 am

So I am dipping my little toes back into the Oklahoma city bombing and Tim McVeigh. It has been a few years since I last dabbled in it.

I am looking for the full 60 Minutes interview with Ed Bradley from March 12th 2000. But I am only finding little snippets, a few minutes here, a few minutes there, etc. Does a full run, uncut, version still exist? Also does anyone have a link to the full run interview?  scratch

''I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for religion—I have shuddered at it. I shudder no more—I could be martyred for my religion—Love is my religion—I could die for that.''                                                                                                                                      
                                                        -John Keats (1795-1821)

“Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.”

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 75822

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:28 am

I will help you look. :-) But I don’t know where it is. He is actually from my hometown he went to school with my God cousin.

ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:32 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I will help you look. :-) But I don’t know where it is. He is actually from my hometown he went to school with my God cousin.

Shocked Also thanks! Haha

''I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for religion—I have shuddered at it. I shudder no more—I could be martyred for my religion—Love is my religion—I could die for that.''                                                                                                                                      
                                                        -John Keats (1795-1821)

“Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.”

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:59 pm

I will also go on record stating that Ben Johnson made a much better Eric then he did a Tim. He was AWFUL in the ZERO HOUR-Oklahoma City Bombing documentary.  Haha

-John Keats (1795-1821)

- Anaïs Nin

Last edited by ShadowedGoddess on Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 37154

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:03 pm

I will also go on record stating that Ben Johnson made a much better Eric then he did a Tim. His was AWFUL in the ZERO HOUR-Oklahoma City Bombing documentary.  Haha

Is the Zero Hour video on the OKC Bombing up on YouTube at all?

View user profile
ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:06 pm

I will also go on record stating that Ben Johnson made a much better Eric then he did a Tim. His was AWFUL in the ZERO HOUR-Oklahoma City Bombing documentary.  Haha

Yes.

-John Keats (1795-1821)

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:27 pm

Yes.

Thank you kindly for sharing.  ding ding ding

View user profile
Tommy QTR
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 31369

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:52 pm

McVeigh's motive for his murder of 168 people was retaliation to what he saw for government tyranny in Waco and Ruby Ridge even that the government was justified in their investigation of Koresh stockpiling illegal weapons.

-Michael Ryan

"Loneliness has followed me for my whole life."

-Travis Bickle

"I don't have a single friend and I won't in the future. I'll be ignored because I'm ugly. I'm lower than trash because at least the trash gets recycled."

-Tomohiro Katō

"I will become a serial killer, a mad killer. Why? Because I am frustrated and I do not want to die alone, because I have had a shitty life. I want to feel powerful and free just once."

-Richard Durn

"A beautiful environment can be the darkest hell if you have to experience it all alone."

-Elliot Rodger
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:10 pm

McVeigh's motive for his murder of 168 people was retaliation to what he saw for government tyranny in Waco and Ruby Ridge even that the government was justified in their investigation of Koresh stockpiling illegal weapons.

I'm well schooled in Tim McVeigh, and the case. I am just revisiting and going back over my research on everything. Smile

-John Keats (1795-1821)

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy QTR
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 31369

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:41 pm

I'm well schooled in Tim McVeigh, and the case. I am just revisiting and going back over my research on everything. Smile
I've been interested in McVeigh as well, pretty fascinating guy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:11 am

I came across something that had me fucking dying. I vaguely remembered it from my previous interest in the case. But Timothy McVeigh had supposedly been to a strip club a few days before the bombing where he told the girl giving him a lap dance that she would remember him for the rest of her life. There is a video of her recounting this somewhere on youtube. Possibly in one of the many Documentaries.

But I just got this image in my head-

"Gather around children. This story has been handed down from generation to generation. Listen closely as I tell you of the time your Great, great, great, great Grandmother gave Timothy McVeigh a lap dance"  

Obviously Tim had a very high opinion of himself. Haha

Actually come to think about it, she likely blocked it from her memory. On the other hand little Timmy probably thought about her for the rest of his life, considering she was likely the last female he was in direct, semi sexual contact with.  

Also Timothy had a short lived affair with his co conspirator Terry Nickols's wife while they were in the middle of planning the attack. That info didn't really come out until this woman had to testify at the trial. Seriously that is ballsy AF, having this man helping you build a bomb while screwing his wife on the side. Just more proof that Tim was indeed a very bad boy.

-John Keats (1795-1821)

- Anaïs Nin

Last edited by ShadowedGoddess on Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neah
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 17410

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:21 am

I came across something that had me fucking dying. I vaguely remembered it from my previous interest in the case. But Timothy McVeigh had supposedly been to a strip club a few days before the bombing where he told the girl giving him a lap dance that she would remember him for the rest of her life. There is a video of her recounting this somewhere on youtube. Possibly in one of the many Documentaries.

"Gather around children. This story has been handed down from generation to generation. Listen closely as I tell you of the time your Great, great, great, great Grandmother gave Timothy McVeigh a lap dance"  

Obviously Tim had a very high opinion of himself.

Actually come to think about it, she likely blocked it from her memory. On the other hand little Timmy probably thought about her for the rest of his life, considering she was likely the last female he was in direct, semi sexual contact with.  

Also Timothy had a short lived affair with his co conspirator Terry Nickols's wife while they were in the middle of the planning the attack. That info didn't come out until this woman had to testify at the trail. Seriously that is ballsy AF, having this man helping you build a bomb while screwing his wife on the side. Just more proof that Tim was indeed a very bad boy.

I didn't know that, interesting!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:38 am

I think Tim mentions the affair briefly in the book American Terrorist. But don't hold me to that, I'll have to dig my copy out and check. scratch

-John Keats (1795-1821)

- Anaïs Nin

Last edited by ShadowedGoddess on Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:42 am

Also Timothy had a short lived affair with his co conspirator Terry Nickols's wife while they were in the middle of the planning the attack. That info didn't really come out until this woman had to testify at the trail. Seriously that is ballsy AF, having this man helping you build a bomb while screwing his wife on the side. Just more proof that Tim was indeed a very bad boy.

Agreed. The whole case was and still is very interesting to me, which is why I decided to get back into it. Smile

-John Keats (1795-1821)

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neah
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:44 am

It seems to be true. I cannot post links yet but I found that article from The New York Time untitled: National Briefing | Plains: Oklahoma: Nichols's Ex-Wife Tells Of Affair
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:47 am

Also Timothy had a short lived affair with his co conspirator Terry Nickols's wife while they were in the middle of the planning the attack. That info didn't really come out until this woman had to testify at the trail. Seriously that is ballsy AF, having this man helping you build a bomb while screwing his wife on the side. Just more proof that Tim was indeed a very bad boy.

Agreed. The whole case was and still is very interesting to me, which is why I decided to get back into it. Smile

I don't remember a ton about the case, I was pretty young but all this info is really interesting to me, I want to look into it again too.

See I wish some people would understand that THIS is a terrorist... the angry kids with the guns and pipe bombs are NOT terrorists... they don't want words to have ANY meaning anymore. It can mean whatever you want. I'm going to start calling my phone a grape, because reasons.

Did Tim McVeigh have gals sending him letters too?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:48 am

It seems to be true. I cannot post links yet but I found that article from The New York Time untitled: National Briefing | Plains: Oklahoma: Nichols's Ex-Wife Tells Of Affair

Yes. It was indeed true. There were several articles about it when the trial was going on.

-John Keats (1795-1821)

- Anaïs Nin

Last edited by ShadowedGoddess on Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neah
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:48 am

I also found that:

"Press reports have alleged (see February 28 - March 4, 1997) that McVeigh and Marife Nichols had an affair during the summer of 1994; lawyers do not broach the subject during the trial. [CNN, 5/9/1997; NEW YORK TIMES, 5/10/1997; NEW YORK TIMES, 5/16/1997] Marife Nichols will confirm the affair in 2004. [NEW YORK TIMES, 4/9/2004]"
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:49 am

Yes. Silly little fangirls. Rolling Eyes

-John Keats (1795-1821)

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:54 am

Rolling Eyes Shocked

Why am I not surprised?

The most disturbing to me are the Richard Rameriez and Ted Bundy fans... these guys brutalized and raped women... I think we have all had that discussion already.. but it's still not something I understand.

Are there any infamous criminals with no fans? I don't think a ton of gals lust over Lanza.. sorry, OT. I always do that Embarassed

Anyhoo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Neah
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:00 am

Rolling Eyes Shocked

Why am I not surprised?

The most disturbing to me are the Richard Rameriez and Ted Bundy fans... these guys brutalized and raped women... I think we have all had that discussion already.. but it's still not something I understand.

Are there any infamous criminals with no fans? I don't think a ton of gals lust over Lanza.. sorry, OT. I always do that Embarassed

Anyhoo.

Unfortunatley I think Lanza has fangirls too... I don't think Stephen Paddock has fangirls, too old for that I guess. Devin Patrick has none too, this guy is so repulsive, especially when you know how he was with his wife.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Dear Sir,

I’m writing to you because i’ve been writing to Timothy McVeigh, ever since his sentencing in 1997, and have never gotten any reply from him. I realize that Timothy may not wish to write to me, but since I don’t know that for certain, I have no peace of mind. I called your prison recently and asked if I could speak with him, but was told, nicely, that that wouldn’t be possible. The woman I spoke with (I can’t remember her name unfortunately) told me that Timothy was alright, and I was very grateful to her for that, but I’ve had a feeling of great unrest nevertheless, especially recently. I’m afraid that Timothy isn’t alive anymore. I called the American consulate here in Hamburg, and the man I spoke with suggested that I write to you.

I hope I haven’t done anything to upset Timothy. I’m sending him a copy of this letter. I would like to say that I can’t imagine that Timothy is responsible for what happened in Oklahoma City, and it’s impossible for me to connect him with it. At the same time though, I don’t mean to slight anyone or say that they’re lieing.

I would be exceedingly grateful to you if I heard from you.

Yours sincerely,
Redacted

This was a letter written to Timothy McVeigh from a woman living in Germany. He had never responded to any of her letters, but she still wrote him for years. She thought he was dead and even called the Prison to confirm he was still alive. The last page is the letter the Prison sent back to her.

Just thought that was interesting.

-John Keats (1795-1821)

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neah
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:33 pm

Wow, some people are really motivated! And she's not even American.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:35 pm

Also found this. I don't know why but this is just funny to me. Haha

-John Keats (1795-1821)

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neah
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:41 pm

I wonder if when they saw him laughing, they still found him scaring or impressive, especially if they often saw him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:40 pm

I wonder if when they saw him laughing, they still found him scaring or impressive, especially if they often saw him.

From everything I have read on Tim McVeigh he was just a funny type guy in general, and liked playing around. It is well documented that he was always cracking jokes with his lawyers, etc. I doubt they were afraid of him.

-John Keats (1795-1821)

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
InsaneIntruder
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 31834

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:35 pm

I've heard stuff about McVeigh and strippers, anyone know about that?

- XXXTentacion

AAG KA DARIYA
mdhbht altafah hi alshay' alsahih
masakra e mollëve është gjëja e duhur
uhu uhu
haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat my haat hierdie lewe
daar is geen god nie maar god en muhammad is die boodskapper van god
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:02 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Read my posts above. I actually mentioned it.

-John Keats (1795-1821)

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
InsaneIntruder
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 31834

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:12 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  Read my posts above. I actually mentioned it.
Oh, I've heard about that. I saw on of those "tag yourself" memes on tumblr for murderers where it said McVeigh told secrets to strippers and another where it was a drawing of him talking to one of the Boston bombers saying that he told jokes to strippers and I was wondering what was up with those.

- XXXTentacion

AAG KA DARIYA
mdhbht altafah hi alshay' alsahih
masakra e mollëve është gjëja e duhur
uhu uhu
haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat jou haat my haat hierdie lewe
daar is geen god nie maar god en muhammad is die boodskapper van god
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh   Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:20 pm

Also found this. I don't know why but this is just funny to me. Haha

Makes me wonder if Eric would've acted the same way in court.

View user profile

Oklahoma city and Tim McVeigh
Page 1 of 12Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next