Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
eyutytuheu

Contribution Points : 13214

PostSubject: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:13 am

Eric's journals provide a graphic description of what his intentions were after the shooting at the school.

He stated that, if they successfully escape police, he wanted to set time bombs "around houses, roads, bridges, buildings and gas stations, anything that will cause damage and chaos."

Then,

"If by some wierd [sic] as shit luck my [sic] and V survive and escape we will move to some island somewhere or maybe mexico, new zelend [sic] or some exotic place where americans cant get us. if there isnt such a place, then we will hijack a hell of a lot of bombs and crash a plane into NYC with us inside [f]iring away as we go down".

"It'll be like the LA riots, the oklahoma bombing, WWII, vietnam, duke and doom all mixed together," he wrote.

"I want to leave a lasting impression on the world."

Last edited by eyutytuheu on Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 71236

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:35 am

He was a tad hyperbolic

Tommy QTR
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 29545

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:41 am

Yet people here think Eric was manipulated by Dylan into committing the shooting.

-Michael Ryan

"Loneliness has followed me for my whole life."

-Travis Bickle

"I don't have a single friend and I won't in the future. I'll be ignored because I'm ugly. I'm lower than trash because at least the trash gets recycled."

-Tomohiro Katō

"I will become a serial killer, a mad killer. Why? Because I am frustrated and I do not want to die alone, because I have had a shitty life. I want to feel powerful and free just once."

-Richard Durn

"A beautiful environment can be the darkest hell if you have to experience it all alone."

-Elliot Rodger
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:45 am

Dylan didn’t have the follow through. Eric did. I think Dylan was so stuck in his head, his anger, his feelings of nothingness and when he and Eric started hatching the plan they just went down a really distructuve path.

Tommy QTR
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:01 am

Didn't Dylan expect to die after shooting? I don't think he would of joined Eric in killing more people if they escaped the Police.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:17 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Didn't Dylan expect to die after shooting? I don't think he would of joined Eric in killing more people if they escaped the Police.

You are absolutely correct

Dylan even had a bullet in his boot for suicide

Witnesses state that when he entered the cafeteria he screamed today I’m going to die I’m going to kill myself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:21 am

I read somewhere and I agree

The ONLY person that day who got everything he wanted was Dylan.

I don’t think he gave a shit about the bombs or anything. He wanted his anger to be known, he wanted to hurt people and die.. and he did.

Tommy QTR
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:23 am

I don’t think he gave a shit about the bombs or anything. He wanted his anger to be known, he wanted to hurt people and die.. and he did.
He probably didn't want to choke to death on his own blood though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:33 am

Excellent point. I read a couple different theories on whether or not he was conscious of what was going on and if he felt anything.

I feel like a monster because sometimes I think after what he did, feeling a little pain isn't that bad, his victims suffered too.

I know I said something bad about Dylan... don't faint people, don't faint. Surprised

I think I tend to talk about what may have gone into Dylan's actions and not the cruelty of what Dylan did sometimes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 34326

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:50 am

He was a tad hyperbolic

And more than a little grandiose.

View user profile
Tommy QTR
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:02 pm

Excellent point. I read a couple different theories on whether or not he was conscious of what was going on and if he felt anything.

I feel like a monster because sometimes I think after what he did, feeling a little pain isn't that bad, his victims suffered too.

I know I said something bad about Dylan... don't faint people, don't faint. Surprised

I think I tend to talk about what may have gone into Dylan's actions and not the cruelty of what Dylan did sometimes.
I like to think he didn't feel any pain when he was dying.

I know a lot of people here have this deep hatred for Dylan and think of him as this evil sociopath who manipulated Eric and was the grand mastermind behind everything, but they forget that Dylan was a person too who felt great emotional pain and whose life experiences made him into a killer. Both him and Eric were troubled, depressed, lonely teens who were pushed over edge into committing a massacre.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Neah
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 16220

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:29 pm

I think this is what most people in the TCC think. I often think that I should not feel sympathy for mass shooters, but in the same time it is hard not to see them as humans when you've read their journals, their forum posts, you've seen their drawings and their favorite movies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
eyutytuheu

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:13 pm

Dylan got what he fckn deserved if he did choke on own blood. All of his victims' pain went full circle back to him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:41 pm

I like to think he didn't feel any pain when he was dying.

I know a lot of people here have this deep hatred for Dylan and think of him as this evil sociopath who manipulated Eric and was the grand mastermind behind everything, but they forget that Dylan was a person too who felt great emotional pain and whose life experiences made him into a killer. Both him and Eric were troubled, depressed, lonely teens who were pushed over edge into committing a massacre.

I agree. I do have empathy for Dylan as well and I don't understand why they think Dylan is the black hearted evil one.. what they did was awful yes but they were hurting and pushed over the edge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:27 pm

I don't understand why they think Dylan is the black hearted evil one.

They're having an extreme reaction to Cullen's book.

View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:46 pm

I have met people from the area who think Cullen's book is accurate and I am like HOW could you have lived through it, heard you're fellow classmates and community members say WE know it is inaccurate and still think it is a good book?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:59 pm

I have met people from the area who think Cullen's book is accurate and I am like HOW could you have lived through it, heard you're fellow classmates and community members say WE know it is inaccurate and still think it is a good book?

I think even Brooks slammed Cullen's book as trash.

View user profile
Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 45561

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:57 am

Some would say that’s quite ironic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:51 am

Some would say that’s quite ironic.

Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:53 am

He did, he said it denied all the things that he had his friends went through

Anne Marie Hochhalter said it was sensationalized and false.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blueeyedskitzo2

Contribution Points : 14578

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:01 pm

Dylan, like so many other teenagers suffered from severe depression and suicidal ideation. But so many teenagers choose not to go down a path of violence and try to seek help even when life seems over. Niether killer will ever have sympathy from me. They made their choices. And yes, by looking at the massive pool of blood under Dylan's head in the leaked crime scene photos, he probably suffered tremendously toward the end. He aspirated on his own blood, so what he felt would probably be comparable to the terror felt by drowning in water.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sabratha

Contribution Points : 41947

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:44 pm

Yet people here think Eric was manipulated by Dylan into committing the shooting.

Nobody can know for sure which way it went.

I for one am convinced that Dylan was the one who first had notions/daydreams/fantasies of a spree shooting. At the same time I believe that it was likely Eric who convinced Dylan that this is something that can actually become reality.
Dylan came up with the idea, but Eric was the guy who made it happen.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheOne99
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 16886

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:45 pm

Dylan got what he fckn deserved if he did choke on own blood. All of his victims' pain went full circle back to him.

Well it wasnt his fault. Tec-9s are pretty shit guns

"Criminals are made, not born" - Tim Kretschmer

"I'm the god/dictator of my own life" - Pekka-Eric Auvinen

"Being made human Without the possibility of BEING human The cruelest of all punishments." - Dylan Klebold

"fuck you" - William Atchison
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:12 pm

He aspirated on his own blood, so what he felt would probably be comparable to the terror felt by drowning in water.

Worse than that, since he'd be feeling the pain of a bullet wound to the head on top of that.

View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 74131

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:04 am

Nobody can know for sure which way it went.

I for one am convinced that Dylan was the one who first had notions/daydreams/fantasies of a spree shooting. At the same time I believe that it was likely Eric who convinced Dylan that this is something that can actually become reality.
Dylan came up with the idea, but Eric was the guy who made it happen.

Agreed. I believe it was Dylan's original plan and Eric put himself in the drivers seat.

''I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for religion—I have shuddered at it. I shudder no more—I could be martyred for my religion—Love is my religion—I could die for that.''                                                                                                                                      
                                                        -John Keats (1795-1821)

“Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.”

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy QTR
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:57 am

Weren't they running out of ammunition after shooting up the library? Don't really see how they would kill more if they escaped.

-Michael Ryan

"Loneliness has followed me for my whole life."

-Travis Bickle

"I don't have a single friend and I won't in the future. I'll be ignored because I'm ugly. I'm lower than trash because at least the trash gets recycled."

-Tomohiro Katō

"I will become a serial killer, a mad killer. Why? Because I am frustrated and I do not want to die alone, because I have had a shitty life. I want to feel powerful and free just once."

-Richard Durn

"A beautiful environment can be the darkest hell if you have to experience it all alone."

-Elliot Rodger
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
eyutytuheu

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:26 pm

Weren't they running out of ammunition after shooting up the library? Don't really see how they would kill more if they escaped.

We've got to remember that the shooting at Columbine didn't go accordingly to how they wanted at all. There's even a rumour that they killed themselves because they were ashamed.

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:55 pm

I think they were coming down from their high, it wasn't "enjoyable" for them anymore. So they went back to the library to exchange fire with the cops once more and I think Eric was ashamed, his big exit failed (thankfully) to Eric he again failed and took himself out in the most brutal way possible. He hated himself so much.

I assume Dylan lit a molotov cocktail so it could act like a timer for him, he had to kill himself before it exploded. Dylan always wanted to kill himself, so I don't think he gave a shit about the bombs or the cops. He just wanted to die. I think he also liked playing god and knowing he COULD kill anyone he wanted but HE chose not to.

Rebbie556
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 23861

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:35 am

" there isnt such a place, then we will hijack a hell of a lot of bombs and crash a plane into NYC with us inside." that's a creepy foreshadowing...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:22 am

" there isnt such a place, then we will hijack a hell of a lot of bombs and crash a plane into NYC with us inside."  that's a creepy foreshadowing...  

Very much so and the fact that Dylan's birthday is September 11.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   

Back to top Go down

This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next