Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
eyutytuheu

Contribution Points : 10511

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:48 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I'm just wondering why they chose NYC specifically. They might as well have chosen to crash into the World Trade Centre. (or the Statue of Liberty)

- Reb
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arnounymus

Contribution Points : 5458

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Eric's journals provide a graphic description of what his intentions were after the shooting at the school.

He stated that, if they successfully escape police, he wanted to set time bombs "around houses, roads, bridges, buildings and gas stations, anything that will cause damage and chaos."

Then,

"If by some wierd [sic] as shit luck my [sic] and V survive and escape we will move to some island somewhere or maybe mexico, new zelend [sic] or some exotic place where americans cant get us. if there isnt such a place, then we will hijack a hell of a lot of bombs and crash a plane into NYC with us inside [f]iring away as we go down".

"It'll be like the LA riots, the oklahoma bombing, WWII, vietnam, duke and doom all mixed together," he wrote.

"I want to leave a lasting impression on the world."

In a very weird way, i do like these sentences from Eric ... they show just how much of a confused megalomaniac he was. Comparing the bombing and shooting at his school to two of the worst wars to ever haunt mankind. And then even to fictitious videogames where aliens/demons threaten to destroy all of mankind ... That's definitely some self-confidence right there (to put it sarcastically). Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sabratha

Contribution Points : 40626

PostSubject: Re: This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting   Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:46 pm

I think the "weird as shit luck" part makes it pretty clear Eric didn't really expect to walk out of there alive.

In a way, I think this whole paragraph was written by Eric just as his way of saying: "Oh and by the way, there was no peaceful way out. I'd just go after more people if I made it out."

Remember, Eric was 11 when Ruby Ridge and 12 when Waco happened. I think its more than certain that he was aware of the whole: "Could the security services handle it better? Was there a peacefull way out?" controversy. He wanted to be painfully clear that no peaceful way was available at Columbie and that he would never agree to anything like it.

Not just in this passage, but in his journal in general, Eric wanted to stay in control of the narrative. I think he also had a fear that he will be misrepresented (which is imho what did happen) and that he wouldn't be able to straighten things out because he'd be dead. I think another great example of such a passge was his: "Its my fault" rant.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
View user profile

This is how Eric intended to kill more after the shooting
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2