Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The 1999 prom posters hinted at the shooting

Go down 
+3
Rebbie556
munchkinphone
QuestionMark
7 posters
AuthorMessage

The 1999 prom posters hinted at the shooting Empty
PostSubject: The 1999 prom posters hinted at the shooting   The 1999 prom posters hinted at the shooting Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 6:04 am

The posters put up around the school announcing the prom said "It's coming! 4/17/99" but someone changed the '17' to '20' on them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119653
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: The 1999 prom posters hinted at the shooting   The 1999 prom posters hinted at the shooting Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 7:11 am

eyutytuheu wrote:
The posters put up around the school announcing the prom said "It's coming! 4/17/99" but someone changed the '17' to '20' on them.

I wonder who those certain someones were.  Suspect

PostSubject: Re: The 1999 prom posters hinted at the shooting   The 1999 prom posters hinted at the shooting Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 12:23 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
eyutytuheu wrote:

It will forever be a mystery. Haha
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: The 1999 prom posters hinted at the shooting   The 1999 prom posters hinted at the shooting Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 4:26 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
eyutytuheu wrote:

I mean I could think of two people who might do such a thing, but it's a longshot.  tongue

PostSubject: Re: The 1999 prom posters hinted at the shooting   The 1999 prom posters hinted at the shooting Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 4:32 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
eyutytuheu wrote:

I mean I could think of two people who might do such a thing, but it's a longshot.  tongue

LOL
Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

Contribution Points : 63114
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: The 1999 prom posters hinted at the shooting   The 1999 prom posters hinted at the shooting Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 10:12 pm

I want to know whether the paper at the end of the basementtapes was found. I've never read anything about it...

It could also be seen as something that hinted at the shooting depending on how long it was placed in the livingroom.
Back to top Go down
Rebbie556

Contribution Points : 91306
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: Re: The 1999 prom posters hinted at the shooting   The 1999 prom posters hinted at the shooting Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 10:33 am

I bet E&D ))

Back to top Go down
23september

Contribution Points : 65565
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: The 1999 prom posters hinted at the shooting   The 1999 prom posters hinted at the shooting Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:04 am

i didn't know this, I don't know what to think of it either
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 1999 prom posters hinted at the shooting   The 1999 prom posters hinted at the shooting Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:38 am

23september wrote:
i didn't know this, I don't know what to think of it either

Exactly, other than the fact that it was obviously E&D.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 96860
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: The 1999 prom posters hinted at the shooting   The 1999 prom posters hinted at the shooting Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 9:51 pm

eyutytuheu wrote:

And again we might be hitting the coincidence with the international pot/skip school day.
What I am saying: It might not have been Eric or Dylan. It might have been some pothead who thought this would be a funny joke.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192924
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: The 1999 prom posters hinted at the shooting   The 1999 prom posters hinted at the shooting Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 10:50 pm

Sabratha wrote:
eyutytuheu wrote:

And again we might be hitting the coincidence with the international pot/skip school day.
What I am saying: It might not have been Eric or Dylan. It might have been some pothead who thought this would be a funny joke.  

A lot like the kids who did the 4/20 sign in the senior pic!

Also on a side note, Bullet Time was suggested as one of my views so I am looking forward to watching it ;) I would love to speak to you about film making sometime if that is okay?
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: The 1999 prom posters hinted at the shooting   The 1999 prom posters hinted at the shooting Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 11:18 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Sabratha wrote:
eyutytuheu wrote:

A lot like the kids who did the 4/20 sign in the senior pic!

Also on a side note, Bullet Time was suggested as one of my views so I am looking forward to watching it ;) I would love to speak to you about film making sometime if that is okay?

Sure, if you feel like it.

Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: The 1999 prom posters hinted at the shooting   The 1999 prom posters hinted at the shooting Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 1:17 am

Sabratha wrote:
eyutytuheu wrote:

Eh, I dunno if a bunch of stoners would think that would be a good joke to make. Might not be funny enough for them to bother.

Sabratha

Sabratha

PostSubject: Re: The 1999 prom posters hinted at the shooting   The 1999 prom posters hinted at the shooting Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 7:39 am

QuestionMark wrote:
Sabratha wrote:
eyutytuheu wrote:

Eh, I dunno if a bunch of stoners would think that would be a good joke to make. Might not be funny enough for them to bother.

It is possible that E&D made it, but it is no forgone conclusion. Up till this point in the discussion everyone seemed to agree that "it was obviously E&D". I felt I needed to throw a wrench into that train of thought. For us 4/20 obviously refers to Columbine, but for students back then 4/20 was just pot day.

As far as we know nobody knew about the attack plan, while probably half or more of the student body knew about pot day. I think its quite likely 4/20 on the posters referred to that. I feel like its probably the same sort of thing as with the: "Today is not a good day to be here" message.

Back to top Go down
arnounymus

arnounymus

Contribution Points : 56113
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: The 1999 prom posters hinted at the shooting   The 1999 prom posters hinted at the shooting Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 6:56 pm

Sabratha wrote:
eyutytuheu wrote:

Yeah, that could very well be the case.
Also, are there not discussions concerning E&D originally planning NBK for 4/19?
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: The 1999 prom posters hinted at the shooting   The 1999 prom posters hinted at the shooting Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 7:26 pm

arnounymus wrote:
Sabratha wrote:
eyutytuheu wrote:

Yeah, that could very well be the case.
Also, are there not discussions concerning E&D originally planning NBK for 4/19?

Correct. The whole thing slipped my mind.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 1999 prom posters hinted at the shooting   The 1999 prom posters hinted at the shooting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The 1999 prom posters hinted at the shooting
Page 1 of 1