Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?

Go down 
+9
Wideawake
MarmaladeSkies
tfsa47090
lastmealpotatoskins
Jenn
areyoulistening
em81
deathmedic
JDM87
13 posters
AuthorMessage
JDM87

Contribution Points : 100881
Forum Reputation : 0

Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?  Empty
PostSubject: Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?    Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 11:01 pm

A few weeks ago I was scrolling thru one topic here on the forum, and I remembered someone mentioning that Eric cut the wires of the telephones in the commons to prevent Dylan from calling someone for help. Is this true, or some archetypal Tumblr bullshit? I think this would be pretty impossible since Eric only had like 5 minutes to lay down the duffel bags and walk out before the bomb would supposedly explode. Apologies for my laziness!
Back to top Go down
deathmedic

Contribution Points : 101124
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?    Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 11:24 pm

Hmmm I think something like this would have been somewhere in the 11k...
Back to top Go down
em81

Contribution Points : 100499
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?    Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 11:37 pm

Why should Dylan call someone for help?

Ok people, maybe he was a lovely person (I want to believe it) but he wanted to kill and (the most important) to die.
Back to top Go down
areyoulistening

Contribution Points : 101072

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?    Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 11:46 pm

Sounds like fan induced bullshit to me.

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?    Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 11:59 pm

Oh gods, imagine that phonecall though.. Laughing 

I don't buy it. They were in this together and both of them wanted to do what they did. (Plus, you know, the timeline renders it pretty much impossible..)
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118020
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?    Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 1:15 am

Even if the phone wires were cut, how would anyone know it was Eric who did it? There are no documents of anyone saying they saw him cutting the wires and conveniently the security cameras weren't filming when Eric was in there. This sounds like something someone made up and it is the first time I've ever even heard of this.

Back to top Go down
lastmealpotatoskins

lastmealpotatoskins

Contribution Points : 98602

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?    Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 1:28 am

how`d he cut the phone wires if patti still called 911? it wasn`t on a cellular I believe

Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?    Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 1:31 am

lastmealpotatoskins wrote:
how`d he cut the phone wires if patti still called 911? it wasn`t on a cellular I believe
Whoever made up this story is saying that Eric cut the phone wires in the Cafeteria, not in the Library. And another thing, if Eric was so sure that his bombs were going to blow up the Cafeteria and level the school, why would there even be any need to cut phone wires? Wouldn't the blast destroy the phones anyways?

Back to top Go down
JDM87

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?    Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 1:33 am

Ah, thanks everyone. Yeah, I should seriously consider leaving Tumblr for good. Too bad I'm so goddamn gullible.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?    Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 1:35 am

JDM87 wrote:
Ah, thanks everyone. Yeah, I should seriously consider leaving Tumblr for good. Too bad I'm so goddamn gullible.
Tumblr does have some good pictures though. I get a lot of the pictures for my FB Columbine page from Tumblr.

Back to top Go down
JDM87

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?    Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 1:53 am

There used to be some good pictures and videos on the tag before the fangirls arrived. Now it's all photo's of D+E with hearts and angels on it. Ugh.

mflergen likes this post

Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?    Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 2:22 am

JDM87 wrote:
There used to be some good pictures and videos on the tag before the fangirls arrived. Now it's all photo's of D+E with hearts and angels on it. Ugh.
Lol. Did you see the birthday cake with Dylan's picture on it?

Back to top Go down
areyoulistening

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?    Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 2:29 am

Jenn wrote:
JDM87 wrote:
It's their suicide photograph with hearts around it, captioned "baby" or "my babies" that gets me.
Why is that necessary!?

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?    Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 2:30 am

It's horrific. Seriously, they need more help than Eric and Dylan did, imo. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?    Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 2:50 am

areyoulistening wrote:
Jenn wrote:
JDM87 wrote:
It's their suicide photograph with hearts around it, captioned "baby" or "my babies" that gets me.
Why is that necessary!?
I didn't see that photo, although it sounds terrible. I did however see the photo where someone turned their suicide photo into a puzzle. That was pretty bad too.

Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?    Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 2:50 am

JDM87 wrote:
It's horrific. Seriously, they need more help than Eric and Dylan did, imo. Laughing 
Shocked 

Back to top Go down
JDM87

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?    Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 3:08 am

Jokes. Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?    Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 3:25 am

JDM87 wrote:
Jokes. Rolling Eyes 
What a great time for a "joke". Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
JDM87

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?    Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 3:29 am

Sheesh, apologies for being facetious. Neutral 
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 100313
Forum Reputation : 91

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?    Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 3:35 am

JDM87 wrote:

I agree wholeheartedly. They really do.
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 100313
Forum Reputation : 91

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?    Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 3:52 am

areyoulistening wrote:
Jenn wrote:
JDM87 wrote:
Why is that necessary!?
I know, and then they write over and over and over how many "feeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllssssssss" that exact horrendous photo gives them, and how they "can't stop crying" because of it. Get real.

Yet, they perpetually post it. So obnoxious and indescribably disrespectful.
Back to top Go down
MarmaladeSkies

Contribution Points : 100641

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?    Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 4:08 am

I said it. It was a joke I made a few weeks back on the forum in reference to Dave Cullen (as in it was something he would say). Just a joke everybody. Razz 

Back to top Go down
areyoulistening

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?    Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 4:28 am

tfsa47090 wrote:
areyoulistening wrote:
Jenn wrote:
JDM87 wrote:
Why is that necessary!?
I know, and then they write over and over and over how many "feeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllssssssss" that exact horrendous photo gives them, and how they "can't stop crying" because of it. Get real.

Yet, they perpetually post it. So obnoxious and indescribably disrespectful.
It's horrible and exceptionally distressing. I do not like seeing dead bodies, end of story. If that's what gets you off then fine, but that someones child, someones killer, someones boogie man in their nightmares. It's a disgusting thing to do and you're right it's awfully disrespectful.

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?    Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 6:13 am

This reminds me..  Someone said (I think it was Calence Emerson) that Dylan was seen by a phone booth in CHS.   Reportedly..eh, supposedly, Dylan called the office and said "this is Eric Harris, there's a bomb in the building" prior to the attack.  Wondering if there was any truth to this - and by that I mean, did someone really report this in their 11K account?  If so, where is this mentioned?  I haven't come across anything like this as of yet.
Back to top Go down
em81

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?    Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 10:41 am

I hate to see the pictures of their corpses. Out of respect for their parents I will never post the pictures. You know, they were sons, brothers, friends...
Back to top Go down
JDM87

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?    Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 9:54 pm

It's weird seeing their dead bodies in the library. Well, it is for me. And yeah, em81, I find it incredibly insensitive and discourteous for ignorant prepubescents to upload pictures of it and proclaim their love for them. To be honest, D+E were two average looking kids that would've never turned their heads if they came face-to-face with 'em.
Back to top Go down
em81

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?    Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 1:32 am

I don´t know how I feel if I would see pictures of my dead son. Sad

We would not know anything about them if they aren´t the columbine killers. I don´t think you could love someone who you will never know. Yes, I feel connected to them, but that is not love. It´s interest and empathy. They were not heroes, only two kids who chose a wrong and horrible way.
Back to top Go down
JDM87

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?    Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 1:47 am

I couldn't concur more. Actually, when I first started researching about Columbine ('round bout 2009) and I was still a sophomore in HS, I felt connected to them. I could relate to them. I was subjected to a lot of bullying and jeering in High School for being introverted, gothic, etc and I really thought "you know what, let me teach them". Fortunately I came to my senses and now have a life to live. It's a scary thing; infatuation. But seriously, there's no point in shooting up your school. If you want the attention, get it by doing something positive. What a Face 
Back to top Go down
Wideawake

Wideawake

Contribution Points : 101051

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?    Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 9:45 pm

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
This reminds me..  Someone said (I think it was Calence Emerson) that Dylan was seen by a phone booth in CHS.   Reportedly..eh, supposedly, Dylan called the office and said "this is Eric Harris, there's a bomb in the building" prior to the attack.  Wondering if there was any truth to this - and by that I mean, did someone really report this in their 11K account?  If so, where is this mentioned?  I haven't come across anything like this as of yet.
I got derailed in my 11K anaylsis and haven't even looked at it in months. But yeah, would love to know the source on this. Anybody?
Back to top Go down
Wideawake

Wideawake

Contribution Points : 101051

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?    Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 9:55 pm

I went to look at the SBB archive and the first topic I clicked on addressed this.

CalenceEmerson wrote:
There are many pieces of information that haven't been widely circulated, I'm sure. One I can think of was told to me by one of the officers on the Cafeteria team. He said that one of the receptionists still can't shake the phone call she received the morning of the incident. She said shortly before the attack, she got a phone call and the person on the other end said, "this is Eric Harris. There's a bomb in the building." I always found that interesting considering witnesses say they saw Dylan talking on the payphone right before the incident.

This bit may be in the documents. I've searched for it specifically and never found it; maybe someone else will have better luck.
So the bit about Dylan being on the phone may be in the 11K, but the part about the phone call is in no way confirmed.
Back to top Go down
rik75

Contribution Points : 96318
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?    Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 2:32 am

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
I shall have a look in the 11k ,i would like to know more about it.
Back to top Go down
EthanEmerson
Banned

Contribution Points : 81309
Forum Reputation : 475

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?    Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 11:13 am

Re: This reminds me.. Someone said (I think it was Calence Emerson) that Dylan was seen by a phone booth in CHS. Reportedly..eh, supposedly, Dylan called the office and said "this is Eric Harris, there's a bomb in the building" prior to the attack. Wondering if there was any truth to this - and by that I mean, did someone really report this in their 11K account? If so, where is this mentioned? I haven't come across anything like this as of yet.

---

Yes this is in the 11k but not the phone call. That was directly told to me by a Cafeteria Team investigator. One of the secretaries told him directly. He told me this when we were chatting about my website after he had to call me (yet again) to follow through with complaints filed by another upset parent who wanted my site removed from the internet.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 78986
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?    Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 11:35 am

So you saying it's true?

Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 121538
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?    Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 8:04 pm

Quote :
Dylan was seen by a phone booth in CHS. Dylan called the office and said "this is Eric Harris, there's a bomb in the building" prior to the attack.

EthanEmerson wrote:
Yes this is in the 11k but not the phone call. That was directly told to me by a Cafeteria Team investigator. One of the secretaries told him directly.

Where in the 11K?

Which secretary said this?

Unless there is evidence to back this up then this is simply NOT TRUE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?    Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can anyone distinguish this to be true or false?
Page 1 of 1