Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Infowars host Alex Jones moves to dismiss Sandy Hook lawsuit. + Updates

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ShadowedGoddess
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 75965

PostSubject: Infowars host Alex Jones moves to dismiss Sandy Hook lawsuit. + Updates   Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:23 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

HARTFORD, Conn. — Right-wing radio host and conspiracy theorist Alex Jones is moving to dismiss a defamation lawsuit filed by the families of some of the 26 people killed in the 2012 Sandy Hook school shooting.

In written arguments filed Friday, Jones' lawyers argue he was acting as a journalist in the tradition of Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein in questioning the official narrative of the Connecticut shooting.

Jones, who says he now believes the shootings happened, says such journalism would be chilled if "reporters were subject to liability if they turned out to be wrong."

Six families and an FBI agent who was a first responder filed suit this spring in state court.

The families say Jones' comments have tormented them and subjected them to harassment and death threats by his followers.

Changing his tune ONLY after he was sued. What a total ass. Rolling Eyes

''I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for religion—I have shuddered at it. I shudder no more—I could be martyred for my religion—Love is my religion—I could die for that.''                                                                                                                                      
                                                        -John Keats (1795-1821)

“Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.”

- Anaïs Nin

Last edited by ShadowedGoddess on Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Infowars host Alex Jones moves to dismiss Sandy Hook lawsuit. + Updates   Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:49 pm

I used to enjoy and agree with Alex Jones in the past and I'm glad I stopped because I realize how invalid the arguments Alex Jones constructs are, especially when others are debunking Alex's arguments as factually invalid.

This video debunks Alex Jones and sandy hoaxer arguments perfectly

Alex changing position is another valid reason to not agree with Alex Jones because I doubt Alex believes. What makes me laugh is Alex covers up claiming Sandy Hook was a hoax, yet discussing
cover-ups in a way that argues covering up is bad.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Contribution Points : 42592

PostSubject: Re: Infowars host Alex Jones moves to dismiss Sandy Hook lawsuit. + Updates   Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:08 pm

There's conspiracy theories that make a lot of sense (not saying I'm sur ethey are true, but its possible they are) - Putin coming to power as an ex-KGB coup, or people conspiring to have Stalin killed and pose as a heart attack.

Then you have the cooky ones. 3rd Shooters at columbine or a conspiracy to destroy Waco.

And then you have Sandy Hook liars. Guys who feed off the pain of people who lost their little kids to a psychotic guy. These people should be shot.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 75965

PostSubject: Re: Infowars host Alex Jones moves to dismiss Sandy Hook lawsuit. + Updates   Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:58 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) -- A judge has denied conspiracy theorist Alex Jones' request to dismiss a lawsuit surrounding the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre that he has called a hoax.

The Infowars host is being sued for defamation in Texas by the parents of a 6-year-old who was among the 20 children and six adults killed in the Newtown, Connecticut, attack. State District Judge Scott Jenkins on Wednesday ruled the case can proceed.

Jenkins also refused to dismiss a similar lawsuit brought by a man who was falsely identified on the Infowars website as the gunman who killed 17 people at a Florida high school in February.

Jones has since admitted that the Sandy Hook killings occurred. His attorneys defended his speech in court as "rhetorical hyperbole," but denied it was defamation.

''I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for religion—I have shuddered at it. I shudder no more—I could be martyred for my religion—Love is my religion—I could die for that.''                                                                                                                                      
                                                        -John Keats (1795-1821)

“Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.”

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Infowars host Alex Jones moves to dismiss Sandy Hook lawsuit. + Updates
Page 1 of 1