Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's?

Go down 
+10
QuestionMark
cakeman
Screamingophelia
Sabratha
ExCentro
JayT
munchkinphone
23september
W.A.R.
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91742
Forum Reputation : 575

Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's?   Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 10:08 pm

I think if they had girlfriends then the attack wouldn't of happened, for Dylan at least.

There are dozens of shootings that could of been prevented if the killer had a partner, Elliot Rodger comes to mind.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193506
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's?   Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 11:28 pm

I disagree. I don’t think a girlfriend could hsve helped Dylan. He needed more. Love is not enough

It’s so simplistic and odd to me that people think all these mass shootings happen because teens aren’t getting laid

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120178
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's?   Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 11:41 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
I think if they had girlfriends then the attack wouldn't of happened, for Dylan at least.

There are dozens of shootings that could of been prevented if the killer had a partner, Elliot Rodger comes to mind.

Maybe it would've prevented the shootings but it would not have been good for the women who had to live in that relationship.

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's?   Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 11:59 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:

Maybe it would've prevented the shootings but it would not have been good for the women who had to live in that relationship.

I’m the first person to say that Eric and Dylan had good qualities but especially with Dylan he would not have been a good boyfriend. He had qualities of a good friend but I don’t think Dylan would have been a good boyfriend and a break up would’ve wrecked him to the point of doing something like the massacre later perhaps Or he would’ve killed him self

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's?   Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 6:27 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:

I’m the first person to say that Eric and Dylan had good qualities but especially with Dylan he would not have been a good boyfriend. He had qualities of a good friend but I don’t think Dylan would have been a good boyfriend and a break up would’ve wrecked him to the point of doing something like the massacre later perhaps Or he would’ve killed him self
And you think Eric would of been a good boyfriend? He would of been extremely abusive and controlling, I imagine with his temper he would hit his girlfriend or threatened to kill her if she did anything to annoy him.

anna444 dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's?   Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 8:53 am

Tommy QTR wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:

And you think Eric would of been a good boyfriend? He would of been extremely abusive and controlling, I imagine with his temper he would hit his girlfriend or threatened to kill her if she did anything to annoy him.

I actually don’t think that he would hit his girlfriend. I think he would punch a wall before that. If he didnt get his anger in check I think he would be very explosive if there was any issues in the relationship. There’s actually a really good wtite up about it on a blog.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
JayT

JayT

Contribution Points : 56976
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's?   Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 9:05 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
I disagree. I don’t think a girlfriend could hsve helped Dylan. He needed more. Love is not enough

It’s so simplistic and odd to me that people think all these mass shootings happen because teens aren’t getting laid

Some people cannot be saved, or helped. That is the reality most people refuse to comprehend.

anna444 dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's?   Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 9:13 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:

I actually don’t think that he would hit his girlfriend. I think he would punch a wall before that. If he didnt get his anger in check I think he would be very explosive if there was  any issues in the relationship. There’s actually a really good wtite up about it on a  blog.
Well Eric was emotionally unstable so I wouldn't put it past him, I mean he threatened to kill Brooks for not taking him to School in his car.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's?   Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 9:41 am

Tommy QTR wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:

I actually don’t think that he would hit his girlfriend. I think he would punch a wall before that. If he didnt get his anger in check I think he would be very explosive if there was  any issues in the relationship. There’s actually a really good wtite up about it on a  blog.
Well Eric was emotionally unstable so I wouldn't put it past him, I mean he threatened to kill Brooks for not taking him to School in his car.

He was never violent physically towards anybody though(before 4:20) threats are different. I’m not saying they’re right but they’re different

But no I respectfully disagree I don’t think he would beat his girlfriend or lay his hands on her. He would be more apt to go and punch a wall and then send her some nasty emails if they broke up or he would say mean things to her if they fought

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's?   Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 9:42 am

Tommy QTR wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:

True! Eric was a bit hotheaded, but then again he wasn't trying to get into Brooks pants either.Haha

I think Eric would have tried to be as nice as he could to a girl he liked in hopes of it going somewhere. Now IF it had ever progressed past the "lets just hang out together" phase into a real relationship is a different matter. I think Eric would have been a very jealous, very clingy, type of boyfriend.

He did have issues with controlling his temper. I could see him punching a wall in frustration, possibly even shoving his girlfriend in a moment of extreme anger. Not saying that he would NEVER have hit his gf, but I think he would have been more of a screamer, hitting inanimate objects, throwing things, slamming doors, etc. then actual physical assault.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's?   Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 10:13 am

It is impossible to know if he would have hit his girlfriend or not because he would have changed by growing up.

I think having a girlfriend is very different from having a wife. He could be rather nice with his girlfriend, but be different once he is in a more stable and serious relationship with her. Many men who beat their wife changed when they got married. I think it could also depend on the job Eric would have had. Since he had an inferiority complex, I can well imagine him hitting his wife if he had a bad job that made him feel as if he was nothing, but again we cannot know and our assumptions are probably based on the version of Eric we have in our head.

Last edited by Neah on Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's?   Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 12:07 pm

Even if Eric wouldn't have hit his girlfriend, I don't think any relationship he would be in would have lasted long.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's?   Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 12:11 pm

I think that if they both had a girlfriend, NBK might not have happened then, but later on if their relationships ended, possibly at a location other than at Columbine.
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105213
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's?   Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 12:31 pm

Purposely no, I don't think they would of killed their girlfriends if they had one. Now as collateral damage I think most definitely. They wouldn't be dead set on killing them, but if they were to die by the bombs going off or by blind fire, it wouldn't faze them IMO. Also I highly doubt any girl could of been able to stop NBK. They were so dead set on revenge that although a girlfriend would of been nice for them, I highly doubt it would of changed anything. When Eric says "Susan things could of been different", I take that he is saying that if the school and his peers treated him differently, things could of possibly been different. I don't believe for a second that Eric meant if they dated or Susan was his girl, that NBK never would of happened. Even vagina couldn't of stopped them, it was beyond anything a girl could give them.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's?   Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 12:47 pm

slippy123 wrote:
Even vagina couldn't of stopped them, it was beyond anything a girl could give them.

100% agreed. Their problems were much deeper and more complicated then the lack of a girlfriend and sex.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97390
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's?   Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 4:51 pm

Neah wrote:
It is impossible to know if he would have hit his girlfriend or not because he would have changed by growing up.

I think having a girlfriend is very different from having a wife. He could be rather nice with his girlfriend, but be different once he is in a more stable and serious relationship with her. Many men who beat their wife changed when they got married. I think it could also depend on the job Eric would have had. Since he had an inferiority complex, I can well imagine him hitting his wife if he had a bad job that made him feel life he was nothing, but again we cannot know and our assumptions are probably based on the version of Eric we have in our head.

Its really hard to make assumptions. Eric had a horrible temper and was sexist, but at the same time... I don't remember him reported as hitting any of his female friends. He wasn't even reported hitting any girl in school at all (while Dylan was). He never hit his dog and AFAIK he never hit Dylan in anger either.

Not saying I know what he would do. But given the facts above, I don't think it makese sense to assume that he would obviously be violent. He might have, he might have not.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120178
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's?   Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 6:36 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:

He was never violent physically towards anybody though(before 4:20)  threats are different. I’m not saying they’re right but they’re different

The massacre does prove that he's capable of violence though. I imagine that he'd get physically violent with his partner after a potential break-up; a murder-suicide that's restricted to him and his partner instead of society at large.

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's?   Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 11:34 pm

Sabratha wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Cruz wasn't a virgin either.

I think people overestimate the impact of "being a virgin" and underestimate the impact of "having no decent love life whatsoever".

Cho was not a virgin. Little good did that do for him.
Cho was not a virgin? Are you kidding me? Seung was arguably the BIGGEST virgin among all of these mass killers apart from Chris Mercer and Elliot Rodger.

Why do you think Elliot Rodger liked him so much? He was Asian and a virgin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's?   Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 11:38 pm

I don't think women would've saved these kids. They were going for all the popular girls at their school.

Eric got laughed at because he asked out a girl that probably dates jocks.

They wouldn't just settle for an average looking girl. These kids wanted the best looking girls imaginable.

Both kids were narcissistic to a degree in that regard.
Back to top Go down
bradt93

Contribution Points : 90306
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's?   Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2018 1:17 am

Ivan wrote:
I don't think women would've saved these kids. They were going for all the popular girls at their school.

They wouldn't just settle for an average looking girl. These kids wanted the best looking girls imaginable.

"narcissistic"? My gosh that should've been a match right there, because most "popular" girls in high school are narcissists.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's?   Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2018 4:49 am

bradt93 wrote:
Ivan wrote:

"narcissistic"? My gosh that should've been a match right there, because most "popular" girls in high school are narcissists.
Sure they are. But you don't have to interact with them. You pick and choose who you want in your life and who you don't, why choose a shallow person who has no deep resonating feelings beyond physical attraction?

It's not worth your time to waste it on women (or girls in this discussion) who have no real, true "self awareness" (not like how Eric and Dylan described, but someone who actually takes the time to examine and value life for deeper things than physical appearance).

Eric and Dylan hadn't grasped this concept yet although both kids weren't really all that ugly to begin with. Dylan wasn't quite as attractive as Eric in the face but the kid was tall. He was 6'4". As he aged he'd have become heavier and women would've found him more attractive.

Eric was short. But he was nice looking in the face. Some girl would've found him handsome sooner or later (he even got that at Columbine mind you).

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's?   Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Would Eric and Dylan kill their g/f's?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2