Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What was Eric Harris's IQ?

Go down 
+6
Whysomangry
Screamingophelia
QuestionMark
Sabratha
slippy123
Lizpuff
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Whysomangry

Whysomangry

Contribution Points : 53186
Forum Reputation : 0

What was Eric Harris's IQ? Empty
PostSubject: What was Eric Harris's IQ?   What was Eric Harris's IQ? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 6:25 am

He kept saying he was intelligent and superior to those around him but was he?
IIRC he had problems with spelling, and good grades in school really just means you're conscientious above all other things.

I get the feeling, from how he thinks, that he was a 95-115 IQ kid that was frustrated with daily life that couldn't think of a good way out/forward.
Most if not all of his "advanced" thoughts seem to stem from his school's philosophy class or the internet. It doesn't look like he really invented anything.
Does this sound right to anyone else?

I look at his eyes, and I can't say I see anything particularly bright or thoughtful in them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95424
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: What was Eric Harris's IQ?   What was Eric Harris's IQ? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 5:51 pm

When he took the IQ test for the marines he got an average score

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 104663
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: What was Eric Harris's IQ?   What was Eric Harris's IQ? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 5:52 pm

I don't think it's possible to know what his exact IQ was during his last years alive, unless we can see the scores from the Marines testing he took. Overall, Eric and Dylan were very good with computers, and could easily get A's and B's when they applied themselves. Obviously knowing you're going to die will make you not care about your grades falling. Eric from all accounts was still getting fairly good grades up until the shooting, but Dylan was letting his grades slip, and both seemed to ditch class alot more in their senior year. Although they made stupid choices as teenagers do, all accounts seem to point to the fact that they both were intelligent kids that could of had a decent future if they didn't take part in the massacre.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Whysomangry

Whysomangry

PostSubject: Re: What was Eric Harris's IQ?   What was Eric Harris's IQ? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 11:58 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
When he took the IQ test for the marines he got an average score

That sounds about right to me.
He doesn't seem dumb, but he doesn't seem bright either.

Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192899
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: What was Eric Harris's IQ?   What was Eric Harris's IQ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 12:21 am

Eric seemed pretty average to me. He was probably bright in some subjects and struggled in some. He was creative.

Eric just felt different from everyone, except when it came to Dylan. They were a very catastrophic pair.

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 96835
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: What was Eric Harris's IQ?   What was Eric Harris's IQ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 1:00 am

I don't think they were geniuses, but they weren't dumb. I'd reckon Dylan would be average, Eric probably a bit over average (but nothing special).

That's my guess, after seeing their writings. Eric seems to be smarter, but at the same time often less mature than Dylan.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: What was Eric Harris's IQ?   What was Eric Harris's IQ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 1:09 am

Dylan picked up things rather quickly. He learned on his own but I think he got bored easily and definitely didn’t apply himself as much as he should have. He was even lackadaisical about planning NBK

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119628
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: What was Eric Harris's IQ?   What was Eric Harris's IQ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 1:25 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Dylan picked up things rather quickly.  He learned on his own but I think he got bored easily and definitely didn’t apply himself as much as he should have. He was even lackadaisical about planning NBK

I don't think it's a matter of him getting bored so much as not seeing any point to what he was doing. He wanted to die rather badly after all.

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: What was Eric Harris's IQ?   What was Eric Harris's IQ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 1:37 am

QuestionMark wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
Dylan picked up things rather quickly.  He learned on his own but I think he got bored easily and definitely didn’t apply himself as much as he should have. He was even lackadaisical about planning NBK

I don't think it's a matter of him getting bored so much as not seeing any point to what he was doing. He wanted to die rather badly after all.

That is a good point. He didn’t see any future for himself. So why bother?

Whysomangry

PostSubject: Re: What was Eric Harris's IQ?   What was Eric Harris's IQ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 2:15 am

Sabratha wrote:
I don't think they were geniuses, but they weren't dumb. I'd reckon Dylan would be average, Eric probably a bit over average (but nothing special).

That's my guess, after seeing their writings. Eric seems to be smarter, but at the same time often less mature than Dylan.

The issue with this is that, in my opinion from what I can glean from photographs, Dylan was the smarter of the pair.
He had all of the markers for intelligence, and you can see cleverness in his eyes that you can't in Eric's. He had more control over his Central Nervous System, and it shows up in his eyes. If you pay close attention, you'll find that he's more awake than Eric is. He's even part Ashkenazi Jew.

Here's the best photograph that lets you see it

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

EDIT: Further more, according to Dylan's autopsy, his brain weighed 1500 grams.
The average white male brain weighs 1,345 grams

He had some serious horsepower in his skull

PostSubject: Re: What was Eric Harris's IQ?   What was Eric Harris's IQ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2018 2:20 pm

Most people who knew Harris and Klebold described them as intelligent computer savvy teenagers. Klebold was also in a gifted program for children when he was young. I would place them in the superior intelligence range 110-119.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What was Eric Harris's IQ?   What was Eric Harris's IQ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2018 2:33 pm

Ivan wrote:
If George W Bush has an IQ of 120 I wouldn't say it's impossible Eric had an IQ around that range. Dylan may have had a slightly higher IQ.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You sure about Bush's IQ?  scratch  Remember this was the man who was once defeated by a rain poncho! Haha
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 69573
Forum Reputation : 345

PostSubject: Re: What was Eric Harris's IQ?   What was Eric Harris's IQ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2018 3:20 pm

My favorite Bush moment

You have to praise him for his honesty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What was Eric Harris's IQ?   What was Eric Harris's IQ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2018 3:23 pm

W.A.R. wrote:
My favorite Bush moment

You have to praise him for his honesty.

Roll
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What was Eric Harris's IQ?   What was Eric Harris's IQ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2018 10:37 pm

My estimate is they were both in the 120-140 range. Definitely not average.
Back to top Go down
Emanation of Darkness
Banned

Contribution Points : 52059
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: What was Eric Harris's IQ?   What was Eric Harris's IQ? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2018 3:25 am

I think you people seriously under-estimate how dumb average people are. There's no way Eric had average IQ, at least on inborn level.

I'd guess Dylan had at least very superior IQ, Eric at least superior. Results of tests taken under extreme stress of being in abusive environment and suicidal aren't believable.

When I was 11, I got very superior IQ, when I was after the toxic primary school and in toxic high school, I got average, in late high school after 3 years in abusive environment I got above average.

The last 3 years of primary school (which would be equivalent of middle school) have pretty much fucked me up, I still haven't recovered on many levels, including learning abilities.

Done IQtestdk in 2016 in very stressful situation - pretty much was very slow, re-thought every answer multiple times, ran out of time. Got 108.
Done it in 2017 when I was feeling much better due to situation getting better, went through it very fast, then had enough time left to get back to tasks I didn't think up answers immediately, ended up getting 130, which would pretty much be the result I got as a kid.
Back to top Go down
Emanation of Darkness
Banned

PostSubject: Re: What was Eric Harris's IQ?   What was Eric Harris's IQ? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2018 5:39 am

Whysomangry wrote:
EDIT: Further more, according to Dylan's autopsy, his brain weighed 1500 grams.
The average white male brain weighs 1,345 grams

He had some serious horsepower in his skull
Well, they are definitely different designs. Eric seems to also have large cranium, though. Take into account that he was from a hereditary warrior caste so his mind operates in different way than Dylan's.

Dylan is a lot into brainstorming, cobbling ideas together, lots of references to various concepts, mostly from New Age and various song lyrics.

His thinking seems to show much less depth than Eric's, though.

Eric seems to have dug through his and society's various problems and came to conclusion that the situation is hopeless on very large scale and just wanted to kill himself and others.

Dylan reacted to his personal problems with clinging to hope of a New Age afterlife and became one person suicide cult.

There's a strong similarity of Dylan to Randy stair as both of them were interested in New Age stuff (Randy was obsessed with ghosts and paranormal stuff, interestingly, his brother was obsessed with UFOs) and both attempted evacuation to afterlife.
Back to top Go down
arnounymus

arnounymus

Contribution Points : 56088
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: What was Eric Harris's IQ?   What was Eric Harris's IQ? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2018 8:55 pm

I am in the boat of thinking that both were above average but not geniuses. I think however, that Dylan was also somewhat creative concerning his writing. I really like to read his journal because of that, e.g. he merges words to form new ones. Wouldn't say that he was gifted enough to become a famous author but i could see him hypothetically sitting in his university dorm and writing sad lyric or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Emanation of Darkness
Banned

PostSubject: Re: What was Eric Harris's IQ?   What was Eric Harris's IQ? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2018 10:28 pm

arnounymus wrote:
I am in the boat of thinking that both were above average but not geniuses. I think however, that Dylan was also somewhat creative concerning his writing. I really like to read his journal because of that, e.g. he merges words to form new ones. Wouldn't say that he was gifted enough to become a famous author but i could see him hypothetically sitting in his university dorm and writing sad lyric or something like that.
It's not really a question of giftedness. The most important thing is that he didn't put in the massive amount of work needed to become a good writer.

I think Dylan could have been partially disabled - that is be gifted but not capable of the deep work needed to make use of it due to deterioration of his nervous system due to being in toxic environment for so long - if Brooks Brown is to be believed he was in abusive environment since the gifted kids program, and sadly unlike Brooks he didn't quit. He seemed to be suffering from burnout.

One thing that people forget is that it's not just a question of IQ. There's stuff like breadth and depth of knowledge and massive amounts of work one needs to put into achieving something.

Like someone can be very smart but without being exposed to right ideas, without working hard on various skills, it doesn't do much.

Like there's a shitload of gifted kids who were in wrong environment and "mysteriously" ended up "underachieving" and "mediocre" which is a code-name for disabled by psychological liquidation.

Dylan's writing in his diary is very disjointed to the point where one doesn't know all the sources he alludes to (for example I'm sure his talk about 5th dimension is taken from some kind of a New Age book his parents owned.), it reads like raving of a madman.

If he wasn't disabled he probably could at least write some kind of a new age book XD .

Both Eric and Dylan were very young and their education was still very limited.
Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 75386
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: Re: What was Eric Harris's IQ?   What was Eric Harris's IQ? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2018 6:43 pm

I think they both had a lot of potential and an intellectual bent, but both were mired in bad teenage emotions that they couldn't or didn't look past.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What was Eric Harris's IQ?   What was Eric Harris's IQ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What was Eric Harris's IQ?
Page 1 of 1