Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine?

Go down 
+11
slippy123
whyno
Lunkhead McGrath
TheBigLebowski
Screamingophelia
QuestionMark
TaylorsMom
Kerea2244
Tommy QTR
Jenn
Smiggles94
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

Contribution Points : 122925
Forum Reputation : 40

What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine? Empty
PostSubject: What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine?   What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2018 1:44 pm

What movie have you watched or known that reminds you of columbine?
Back to top Go down
Smiggles94

Smiggles94

Contribution Points : 69949
Forum Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine?   What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2018 3:53 pm

When Tate in ahs shoots up his classmates in the library

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192924
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine?   What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2018 4:04 pm

Heathers , Pulp Fiction

Also it’s kind a hard not to think of Eric and Dylan when I watch Heroes... And before you get mad and think I’m calling them Heroes which I’m not. Research the character of Sylar

Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118045
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine?   What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2018 4:18 pm

Not a movie but the entire 2nd season of "13 Reasons Why" had tons of Columbine references in it. Unless you're really into Columbine, you wouldn't pick up on all of them but there was a lot. I would definitely recommend it.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine?   What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2018 4:27 pm

Not a movie or TV Show but the book 19 Minutes will always annoyingly remind me of Columbine because there are SO many similarities, Columbine is mentioned several times but NO one mentions how similar the 2 shootings are.

Also has anyone ever read The Hour I First Believed. That was odd because it almost felt like a fan fiction in that Eric and Dylan were in it but new "characters" were there too and it was jarring.

Contribution Points : 91217
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine?   What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2018 4:40 pm

Boondock Saints, Bang Bang you're dead and Pulp Fiction.

I was going to say Zero Day but that was based on Columbine.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

Contribution Points : 122925
Forum Reputation : 40

PostSubject: Re: What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine?   What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2018 6:37 pm

Jenn wrote:
Not a movie but the entire 2nd season of "13 Reasons Why" had tons of Columbine references in it. Unless you're really into Columbine, you wouldn't pick up on all of them but there was a lot. I would definitely recommend it.

I have watched that show before. I didn't know about the references so ill have to go back and watch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine?   What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2018 8:19 pm

Since I'm interested in mass shootings I tend to think about it each time there is a small similarity. I don't remember of a movie that made me think about Columbine in particular, but when I watched Donnie Darko I thought Donnie could evolve into becoming a school shooter (he makes me think about Nikolas Cruz). His mental health was bad, he was lonely and had emotional problems, had a attraction toward weapons and he had an issue with the school system.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
TaylorsMom

TaylorsMom

Contribution Points : 77317
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine?   What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2018 10:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] yes, the 2nd season of "13 Reasons Why" had numerous connections to Columbine. I'm glad I'm not the only one who watched and thought that! Smile
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine?   What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2018 10:23 pm

I'm watching Bang Bang You're Dead now. It was a play first so I'm into it Smile Kind of like the play I am writing!! (about a school shooting)

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119653
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine?   What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2018 11:45 pm

The first film in the Scream franchise makes me think of Columbine.

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine?   What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2018 12:19 am

The play Bang Bang, You’re Dead That the movie is based on based on premiered April 7,1999

Contribution Points : 52085
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine?   What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2018 5:36 pm

Somehow, Scream. That movie was released in 1996, the massacre took place in 1999. At that point even Scream II was released. Do you think they saw Scream I? They were 15/16 at that point.

Also the book RAGE from Stephen King (Bachman) reminds me of the shooting.

Edit; I just saw QuestionMarks reply and dang, I had the same thoughts! lol.

Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 75411
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: Re: What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine?   What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2018 4:39 pm

Pretty much every teenage member of our generation saw "Scream" and its first sequel while the 90s were still happening.

Much of the first "Scream" film revolves around cell phone technology that has now aged hilariously badly. It's still one of my favorite films. That said, Billy and Stu didn't really have a relationship the way Eric & Dylan did.

Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine?   What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2019 1:09 am

The Town That Dreaded Sundown (the 2014 version not the 1974 version) gave me a few reminders of Columbine actually (spoilers incoming - if you want to see the film, stop reading now). Granted the 2014 version was rather derivative of Scream, but there was a part in the epilogue of the 2014 film where the sole survivor of the Phantom Killer(s) wonders how the two killers had managed to meet up and form a mutual bond of anger and hatred, which made me think of Eric and Dylan's friendship.

I certainly liked the film and would recommend it to anyone here.

Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 75411
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: Re: What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine?   What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2019 8:56 pm

The 2017 film "Super Dark Times" is the most accurate depiction of violent/terrified teenage boy behavior I think I've ever seen in a teen movie; the actors playing the kids don't sound a bit like they're reading screenwriter dialogue and they're not 27 year olds playing teens either. It's about a bunch of kids who accidentally murder one of their friends and their attempt to cover it up; it's eerie and atmospheric and set in 1994, too.

A must for any Columbine obsessive.
Back to top Go down
whyno

whyno

Contribution Points : 67028
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine?   What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2019 9:16 pm

Scream. For some reason the character Randy slightly reminds me of Eric, idk why...

The Basketball Diaries (if you haven't seen this movie you should go watch it now!). It's from 1995, but it has a quick school shooting scene, and after Columbine, it faced a few lawsuits. It also was linked to a 1997 school shooting. It has Leonardo DiCaprio starring in it. However, the school shooting scene is really quick and actually just a dream sequence with no real importance to the plot/story. In my opinion, the lawsuit and Columbine connection really demonstrates how desperate society was to blame anything they could in the aftermath.
Back to top Go down
whyno

whyno

Contribution Points : 67028
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine?   What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2019 9:18 pm

Lunkhead McGrath wrote:
The 2017 film "Super Dark Times" is the most accurate depiction of violent/terrified teenage boy behavior I think I've ever seen in a teen movie; the actors playing the kids don't sound a bit like they're reading screenwriter dialogue and they're not 27 year olds playing teens either.  It's about a bunch of kids who accidentally murder one of their friends and their attempt to cover it up; it's eerie and atmospheric and set in 1994, too.  

A must for any Columbine obsessive.  

This movie sounds great, I'm adding it to my watchlist! Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 104688
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine?   What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2019 11:28 am

The movie Elephant is an artsy depiction of two school shooters, loosely based off of Columbine. I enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
AmeliaDK.

AmeliaDK.

Contribution Points : 52415

PostSubject: Re: What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine?   What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2019 5:58 pm

Klass - estonian movie (2007).
Cold Case - Rampage (S04 E01).

Both are very good !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine?   What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2021 9:27 pm

This is going to be shameless thread necromancy without any significant connection to Columbine, but I remember watching this 70s French movie several years ago and having this absurd thought that if it was filmed 3-4 decades later, the two main characters would have probably shot up their school at the end instead of setting it (along with themselves) on fire, and then the whole thing would have been banned for glamorizing school shootings by portraying the perpetrators as pretty girls. BTW, the dark-haired girl is the leader and the blonde is the follower, and no, this remark still has nothing to do with Columbine even though Dave Cullen may have argued otherwise. Also, the movie was inspired by a real-life crime that occurred in, ehm, Christchurch.

I don’t really recommend it, though; it has supposed sexual depictions of minors (although in fact the actresses were not underage) and is generally sort of cringeworthy.
Back to top Go down
treehouseofhorror

treehouseofhorror

Contribution Points : 33294
Forum Reputation : 75

PostSubject: Re: What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine?   What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2021 9:53 pm

Besides the movies that Eric and Dylan liked and the school shootings movies, Fight Club reminds me of columbine for been released in 1999 and I think they would have liked
Back to top Go down
daisylee671

daisylee671

Contribution Points : 32655

PostSubject: Re: What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine?   What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2021 10:40 pm

the school shooting scene in basketball diaries also reminded me of columbine, even though it was released a few years before the shooting.
the scene (if anyone's interested):
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine?   What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2021 2:50 am

Battle Royale for sure, with youth violence being a major theme of the film. I will say though, that the main (student) antagonist looks a bit like James Holmes. You can't see it well here but he has hair dyed red.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

PostSubject: Re: What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine?   What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2021 2:23 pm

The Matrix.
Back to top Go down
Prince_Bren

Prince_Bren

Contribution Points : 28316

PostSubject: Re: What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine?   What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2021 9:12 am

Not a movie, but 13 reasons why reminds me of columbine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine?   What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What movie have you watched reminded you of columbine?
Page 1 of 1