Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Unpopular opinions

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:23 pm

@Screamingophelia wrote:
It does!

I guess I can second or third or forth that! Whichever one we are on! Laughing But yeah Dylan was a decent looking guy. With the proper amount of healthy weight on him, he would have been better. I mean he was 17, he still had a lot of growing to do. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 100299
Forum Reputation : 294

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:12 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
It does!

I guess I can second or third or forth that! Whichever one we are on! Laughing  But yeah Dylan was a decent looking guy. With the proper amount of healthy weight on him, he would have been better. I mean he was 17, he still had a lot of growing to do. Neutral

Absolutely. I think he looks like a handsome young man even in his DL photo.

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:13 pm

It’s weird calling him that considering we’d be the same age lol

InsaneIntruder
Top 10 Contributor
InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 36838
Forum Reputation : 77

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:05 am

unpopular opinion: they did it cuz the jox reevealed dat dey hav SMALL PEE PEE ENERGY

كان رونالد ريغان كفار قذر
السيد توني بلير هو الكفار القذرة
السيد بوش هو الكفار القذر
رميهم في النار
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:09 am

@Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
@Screamingophelia wrote:
It does!

I guess I can second or third or forth that! Whichever one we are on! Laughing  But yeah Dylan was a decent looking guy. With the proper amount of healthy weight on him, he would have been better. I mean he was 17, he still had a lot of growing to do. Neutral

True.
Back to top Go down
SandraSmit19

SandraSmit19

Contribution Points : 54864
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:37 am

This one isn't so much an unpopular opinion as it is just a feeling and I don't know how relevant it is but... I think Richard Castaldo lied about having lunch with Rachel Scott. I think he just happened to be sitting near her having lunch and that they weren't having lunch together at all. I have absolutely no evidence of this...just none whatsoever.

This might make you feel better about Richard-
Anthony Doty, pg. 777
"He informed he was walking down towards the lunch area to meet Richard Castaldo and Rachel Scott for lunch when the incident occurred."

Devin Kathol, pg. 922
"He said that he drove to Columbine High School arriving about 11 15 am He said that he usually ate lunch with Rachel Scott and Richard Castaldo"

Kari Klapper, pg. 945
"She said that Rachel Scott and Richard Castaldo were also sitting on the side walk near the entrance having lunch. Kari said that they always have lunch there. She related that she spoke briefly to Rachel and Richard"

Janine Roberts, pg. 1109
"she observed Rachel Scott and Richard Castaldo. She advised that she knew both Scott and Castaldo by name only and not personally. She advised that it appeared that they were having lunch together."

Patrice Doyle, pg. 781 (was with Janine Roberts)
"She advised that as she and Roberts exited the door she observed both Rachel Scott and a male sitting right outside the door eating lunch. She advised that Rachel Scott and the male were seated approximately five feet apart. She advised she could not tell if they were having lunch together or separately. Doyle advised Investigator Eaton that on a later date she learned that the person sitting with Rachel Scott was Richard Castaldo."

That does make me think. Maybe I'm simply too sceptical, but Richard Castaldo's habit of changing his story every five minutes and Patrice Doyle's assertion that they were sitting so far apart, always made me feel like it wasn't quite the way he said it was. As I said though, I have no real evidence of it.

rebel2013

Contribution Points : 56985
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:12 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
It does!

He looked pretty decent in this video [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but that's just me lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:14 am

Yes...Yes he did

rebel2013

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:16 am

He lost a lot of weight after that video I bet his face looks fuller here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:17 am

I definitely had low self-esteem at that age and hated myself. But now that I’m older it does break my heart that someone that young could hate themselves so much. And I do hate talking about ugly versus good looking when it comes to the case but I think it’s indicative of how much they hated themselves and they projected all of that out. Which made them ugly to other people because of their personalities. Then the hate built so big and they ended up committing this massacre. It’s scary.

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:18 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
It does!

He looked pretty decent in this video [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but that's just me lol

I think so too. I think that was around Christmas time. And then if see radioactive clothing and breakfast run it was a few months after He’s really gaunt

rebel2013

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:20 am

I definitely had low self-esteem at that age and hated myself. But now that I’m older it does break my heart that someone that young could hate themselves so much. And I do hate talking about ugly versus good looking when it comes to the case but I think it’s indicative of how much they hated themselves and they projected all of that out. Which made them ugly to other people because of their personalities. Then the hate built  so big and they ended up committing this massacre. It’s scary.

Self hatred is a fatal thing.. destroys one self. Eric was made fun of because of his chest deformity made him real self conscious and added fuel to his self hatred imo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joebox97

joebox97

Contribution Points : 16077
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:55 am

-I think Evan is full of shit

-I think columbine is laced with lies

-I believe there was guidelines to the killings

-I believe Eric & Dylan were bullied in some way

-I admire Eric & Dylan as kids not shooters

-I would love to own their cars
Back to top Go down
View user profile
REBdoomer1999

REBdoomer1999

Contribution Points : 17891

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:06 pm

I think there was a lot more to Dylan Klebold than people like Dave Cullen and Columbine fan girls would like to believe. He wasn't this sad little child under Eric's control, he was easily just as explosive as Eric. During the shooting Eric had Luvox in his system. Dylan on the other hand had no drugs in him if I recall the autopsy correctly, not even any alcohol. And you know what? The entire time he was taunting and yelling at the people he was shooting at. He clearly didn't go through with NBK just so he could commit suicide. He was indeed depressed, but just like Eric he went through with the attack because he wanted to kill.

Why do Columbine "researchers" constantly try to paint Dylan as some innocent little lamb who was under Eric's control?

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:41 pm

I don't know how unpopular that is here to be honest.

I am with you. I think a LOT of people overlook Eric's depression and Dylan's anger.

The sweet Dylan who was coerced by mean Eric has been going on since 4/20/99

I think people who knew and loved Dylan are more vocal and in a way now they are allowed to be more so than people who knew Eric. I am sure even now those who knew Dylan have a hard time discerning between the Dylan they knew and the Dylan they saw or learned about that day.

The thing is I bet you any money Eric has those people too!

rebel2013

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:42 pm

I remember hearing in a interview that Dylan was very gullible that you could talk him to doing anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hvernon
Top Contributor
hvernon

Contribution Points : 30368
Forum Reputation : 206

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:53 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
It does!

I knew right away what video that was gonna be. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
REBdoomer1999

REBdoomer1999

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:19 pm

I mean, if his only goal was committing suicide then he had countless opportunities to do so after acquiring his shotgun and AB-10.

REBdoomer1999

REBdoomer1999

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:20 pm

I remember hearing in a interview that Dylan was very gullible that you could talk him to doing anything.
He talked about shooting up Columbine in his journal before he was even good friends with Eric.

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:23 pm

it is a big question to this day. Why did Dylan "need" to do this in order to die.

According to witnesses Dylan yelled "I am going to kill myself" then the one most people mention "this is the day the world ends, this is the day we (I) die"

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:23 pm

He was good friends with Eric starting in 8th grade, so that is not accurate.

According to A Mothers Reckoning Sue said they were good friends in 8th grade and they won awards for Math, I guess they walked up to the stage to get their award and she said they looked like two peas in a pod, but then Dylan had a growth spurt shortly after.

REBdoomer1999

REBdoomer1999

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:30 pm

He was good friends with Eric starting in 8th grade, so that is not accurate.
Ah, my bad. I could've sworn I remember reading that he didn't know Eric well until high school in Brooks Brown's No Easy Answers.

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:46 pm

No worries. I think they became best friends (though that description is debated on) the summer before junior year. I am not sure how close they were when Eric screamed at him at the soccer game. However they were at least in a similar friends group in 8th grade. I think Eric moved in 7th?

I thought Eric got most of his friends like Nate, Zach and Brooks through Dylan.

Eric was friends with Chris, Alyssa and a few others separately, you don't hear some of them talk too much about Dylan at least from what I recall. I imagine Kristi knew Dylan well when she was dating Nate.

QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 47331
Forum Reputation : 578

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:40 pm

According to witnesses Dylan yelled "I am going to kill myself" then the one most people mention "this is the day the world ends, this is the day we (I) die"

For some reason I always feel like the latter should be attributed to Eric. Maybe I'm getting details confused though.

View user profile
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:21 am

I coon imagine that may have been him. I don’t know why I’ve always assumed it was Dylan.

Lizpuff
Off Topic Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 43179
Forum Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:46 am

Yes sue said that. She said she used to think it was a good thing that Dylan was very "moldable" and that you could change his mind with very little argument but she stated that is why she thought Eric was able to "coerce" him into what they did

View user profile
joebox97

joebox97

Contribution Points : 16077
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:18 am

Yes sue said that.  She said she used to think it was a good thing that Dylan was very "moldable" and that you could change his mind with very little argument but she stated that is why she thought Eric was able to "coerce" him into what they did

This could be true, there are people that I think are easily manipulated. I even talked a few friends in high school to doing things they really didn't want to do that still to this day surprises me. And if the people being manipulated are depressed I could see it being even easier making them believe that pigs fly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rebel2013

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:42 am

like for example Robyn talked him into going to prom even though he didn't really want to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
patogen

Contribution Points : 7825

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:50 am

It is one thing to talk someone into going to prom or buying you a hot dog. It is an altogether different thing to talk someone into a mass murder with eight-month preparations. Dylan may have been gullible, but he was not stupid.

"Have fun!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
patogen

Contribution Points : 7825

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular opinions    Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:31 am

My opinion?

Most of the people co-responsible for the massacre ditched their responsibility and said "no no no!"

It is not and it will never be on the two only.

It's their parents, the culture that shaped them (we are being fed blood and conflict everywhere, all the time), it's also pricks like Mr. Manson who will swear he is getting scapegoated and victimized, but in fact, he is a hypocrite who will do just about anything to get attention and notoriety, which, come to nitty-gritty, is what E&D did, and then he will whine "there are people who do much worse things than play and sing!"

Like kill people?

Yeah, well, fuck you M&Ms. You posture like you do precisely to shock and create a conflict and stir up shit and have teenagers relating and spending their parents' money on your schlock -- at any cost -- because whatever they do inspired by you, you can easily downplay as their own deed.

It's Jeffco. What a bunch of incompetent pricks. They got Eric served on a silver platter. And they said "no thanks!"

They could have arrived at the school much faster and they should have done something. No thanks! They'll keep their fat asses out and wait till the shit solves itself.

What will they do to prevent more killings though? Burn the basement tapes! Why take a look at a suspect while he publicly declares he's gonna kill people when you can let him do it and burn his videotapes afterwards.

The gun policies. I mean, the USA has not had to endure a war within its border since the nineteenth century. Yet regular citizens seem to cuddle their guns like teddy bears. What the fuck do they expect? While the argument a determined killer will find the way to get a gun is somewhat valid, once guns stop being given away with cornflakes, someone looking for/buying a gun will be much more suspect. Thus people noticing and contacting authorities will be way more likely.

"Friends". They had no clue, they did not notice anything, they could have done nothing, really, nothing. Okay. Let's not call them friends then. They were just bystanders all along.

Last but not least, it's people like you and me too. We're obsessed with violence, culture of violence and we more or less idolize shits like Dylan and Eric, thus making the dots connect, go full circle and encourage more twats to at least contemplate getting cheaply notorious via ending as many lives as possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Unpopular opinions
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next