Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 
 

 Brooks Brown, Chris Morris and Robyn Anderson

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NF Are Magic



Posts : 3
Contribution Points : 1400
Join date : 2018-09-18

PostSubject: Brooks Brown, Chris Morris and Robyn Anderson   Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:39 am

Hey! New to the forum and relatively new to taking a proper interest in Columbine. I’m sure this has been asked before but is it just coincidence they were all off school premise at the time of the shooting? Were any of there other friends off premise to? I’ve seen them all explain in interviews individually why they were personally not there but I’ve never seen it been questioned why a number of there friends weren’t there at the time of the shooting. We’ll never know for sure but what do you think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4105
Contribution Points : 64768
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Brooks Brown, Chris Morris and Robyn Anderson   Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:38 am

Chad Laughlin was leaving for lunch and

But on the other hand Nate, Zach and Devon were in the school and we know Dylan cared about all three and Eric definitely liked Nate

I do sometimes wonder if Dylan thought of telling Zack not to go to school the next day when they talked on the phone the night before

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 5862
Contribution Points : 66140
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Brooks Brown, Chris Morris and Robyn Anderson   Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:42 am

Welcome to the forum!

Now to address your question.  A LOT of speculation exists on if any of E&D's friends knew anything, or possible may have gotten a "heads up" warning about the attack.

With Brooks being the type to rat people out, and on that day he was already making his way off school grounds anyway, we can pretty much rule him out. He had no knowledge of the coming attack, because if he had he would have definitely told his parents and then the police. Remember he had gotten Eric in trouble before by telling his parents about Eric's website, etc.

It is true that a few people did suspect Robyn of possibly having prior knowledge. A few of her own friends said she was acting strange that day, and was in a hurry to leave school for lunch. They were stopped on their way back onto school grounds by SWAT/police and had to sit in her car for a long time. She could have just been in shock at what was happening. But the fact she had bought E&D some of the very guns they used made her always a suspect to some.

Now Chris is just one of those that makes you scratch your head a little. He was closer to Eric then to Dylan, and he had issues of his own. Many people believed he was involved with the attack. His own mom kicked him out of the house because of suspicion that he may have been involved in it somehow. But honestly I think the main reason he was targeted was because he was a known member of the TCM, and the killers were said to have been wearing trench coat/dusters. Also the fact he ended up at the school that day and was shown on the news in handcuffs didn't help to boost his innocence.

But I truly think a few of their closer friends knew something was coming. I honestly believe they thought it would be some sort of Senior Prank. Eric was very into foreshadowing and dropping hints, so I say there is a good chance he did drop little bits of info in the months and weeks before the attack.

So in my opinion, I think they did probably know something would happen, they just didn't think it would be the horrific murder of 13 people and the suicides of their two friends. No

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein


Last edited by ShadowedGoddess on Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
W.A.R.
Top Contributor
avatar

Posts : 455
Contribution Points : 17465
Join date : 2017-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Brooks Brown, Chris Morris and Robyn Anderson   Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:44 am

I honestly don't believe any of them knew.

You're not talking about a prank, but blowing up the school and killing everyone. I don't believe they would keep quiet if they were told.

_________________
BORED? TIRED? Try L7.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 5862
Contribution Points : 66140
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Brooks Brown, Chris Morris and Robyn Anderson   Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:04 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
You're not talking about a prank, but blowing up the school and killing everyone. I don't believe they would keep quiet if they were told.



True. I don't think Eric or Dylan ever said point blank "Hey guys we are gonna blow the school up and gun down any survivors as they try to run on 4/20". But I do think it's possible they dropped little hints here and there.

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4105
Contribution Points : 64768
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Brooks Brown, Chris Morris and Robyn Anderson   Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:59 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
You're not talking about a prank, but blowing up the school and killing everyone. I don't believe they would keep quiet if they were told.



True. I don't think Eric or Dylan ever said point blank "Hey guys we are gonna blow the school up and gun down any survivors as they try to run on 4/20". But I do think it's possible they dropped little hints here and there.

The day before Eric was dropping innocuous breadcrumbs So I assume a lot of the things they were saying we’re probably like that. Like someone asked what are you writing in the notebook and Eric goes “planning for tomorrow” When I’m writing my to do list and someone asks when I’m doing in my notebook I say oh I’m planning for the week. Pretty standard.

Though I always found the mark asked a little bit stupid about going shooting that night I mean it was 930 at night where are you going to go??? It’s dark

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
NF Are Magic



Posts : 3
Contribution Points : 1400
Join date : 2018-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Brooks Brown, Chris Morris and Robyn Anderson   Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:30 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Welcome to the forum!

Now to address your question.  A LOT of speculation exists on if any of E&D's friends knew anything, or possible may have gotten a "heads up" warning about the attack.

With Brooks being the type to rat people out, and on that day he was already making his way off school grounds anyway, we can pretty much rule him out. He had no knowledge of the coming attack, because if he had he would have definitely told his parents and then the police. Remember he had gotten Eric in trouble before by telling his parents about Eric's website, etc.

It is true that a few people did suspect Robyn of possibly having prior knowledge. A few of her own friends said she was acting strange that day, and was in a hurry to leave school for lunch. They were stopped on their way back onto school grounds by SWAT/police and had to sit in her car for a long time. She could have just been in shock at what was happening. But the fact she had bought E&D some of the very guns they used made her always a suspect to some.

Now Chris is just one of those that makes you scratch your head a little. He was closer to Eric then to Dylan, and he had issues of his own. Many people believed he was involved with the attack. His own mom kicked him out of the house because of suspicion that he may have been involved in it somehow. But honestly I think the main reason he was targeted was because he was a known member of the TCM, and the killers were said to have been wearing trench coat/dusters. Also the fact he ended up at the school that day and was shown on the news in handcuffs didn't help to boost his innocence.

But I truly think a few of their closer friends knew something was coming. I honestly believe they thought it would be some sort of Senior Prank. Eric was very into foreshadowing and dropping hints, so I say there is a good chance he did drop little bits of info in the months and weeks before the attack.

So in my opinion, I think they did probably know something would happen, they just didn't think it would be the horrific murder of 13 people and the suicides of their two friends. No
Thanks for the welcome. I’ve seen that Chris does seems to get the most suspicion but I don’t think he knew. I just think he may of been a easy target from the media. Only one I think may of knew is Robyn. There’s no way I Think Dylan would of wanted to of seen her get killed with him going to the prom with her acouple days before. He may not of told her what him and Eric were planning but maybe there was a warning not to be at school at a certain time or something along them lines.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 5862
Contribution Points : 66140
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Brooks Brown, Chris Morris and Robyn Anderson   Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Thanks for the welcome. I’ve seen that Chris does seems to get the most suspicion but I don’t think he knew. I just think he may of been a easy target from the media. Only one I think may of knew is Robyn. There’s no way I Think Dylan would of wanted to of seen her get killed with him going to the prom with her acouple days before. He may not of told her what him and Eric were planning but maybe there was a warning not to be at school at a certain time or something along them lines.

To be honest, I don't think they cared about anything at that point. I mean they knew their friends were going to be in the school, and that some could possibly die or get hurt. They even said in one tape "If you survive you can have this or that from my room" So its clear they thought about the possible deaths of their close friends, and just considered it collateral damage.

Also the whole Dylan & Robyn Prom thing was just a friendship type date. From all we know Dylan never had any romantic interests in Robyn, and she likely had a small crush on him. I agree with you, I don't think Dylan could have walked up to Robyn and shot her point blank. But he knew it was possible that she could be killed or hurt during the attack.

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4105
Contribution Points : 64768
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Brooks Brown, Chris Morris and Robyn Anderson   Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:56 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Thanks for the welcome. I’ve seen that Chris does seems to get the most suspicion but I don’t think he knew. I just think he may of been a easy target from the media. Only one I think may of knew is Robyn. There’s no way I Think Dylan would of wanted to of seen her get killed with him going to the prom with her acouple days before. He may not of told her what him and Eric were planning but maybe there was a warning not to be at school at a certain time or something along them lines.

To be honest, I don't think they cared about anything at that point.  I mean they knew their friends were going to be in the school, and that some could possibly die or get hurt. They even said in one tape "If you survive you can have this or that from my room" So its clear they thought about the possible deaths of their close friends, and just considered it collateral damage.

Also the whole Dylan & Robyn Prom thing was just a friendship type date. From all we know Dylan never had any romantic interests in Robyn, and she likely had a small crush on him.  I agree with you, I don't think Dylan could have walked up to Robyn and shot her point blank. But he knew it was possible that she could be killed or hurt during the attack.

I agree. I think if Dylan encountered Robyn, Zach or Devon he would have let them go much like he did John. However I don't think he would have stopped. I read someone speculating if he saw Devon and she confronted him he probably would have just killed himself right there... I have to disagree. Would have hurt her, no way, but he would have finished what he started. He was too far gone.

I imagine Dylan may have joked with Robyn maybe about a prank or something on Tuesday but just like people who speculate Kristi knew something because of the way she was acting.. it's hindsight. You have teenagers who just had their school attacked, they are running past dead bodies, blood, there are swat team members and some of these kids are barely 14... there was no blueprint for this. You cannot say how they could have reacted after.


_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 5862
Contribution Points : 66140
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Brooks Brown, Chris Morris and Robyn Anderson   Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I agree. I think if Dylan encountered Robyn, Zach or Devon he would have let them go much like he did John. However I don't think he would have stopped. I read someone speculating if he saw Devon and she confronted him he probably would have just killed himself right there... I have to disagree. Would have hurt her, no way, but he would have finished what he started. He was too far gone.



Agreed. In my opinion there was NO way either could have been talked down. Especially not after the first shots were fired. After that it was a sealed deal. No

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pixie13



Posts : 21
Contribution Points : 2565
Join date : 2018-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Brooks Brown, Chris Morris and Robyn Anderson   Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:58 pm

I think Dylan found it difficult to kill people he knew, so it would have been impossible for him to bring himself to shoot his friends. I'm not sure he killed anyone he knew personally, did he? However, I think he was happy to let friends and acquaintances be part of the collateral damage from the bombs if they'd worked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
303



Posts : 16
Contribution Points : 12290
Join date : 2017-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Brooks Brown, Chris Morris and Robyn Anderson   Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:


To be honest, I don't think they cared about anything at that point.  I mean they knew their friends were going to be in the school, and that some could possibly die or get hurt. They even said in one tape "If you survive you can have this or that from my room" So its clear they thought about the possible deaths of their close friends, and just considered it collateral damage.


That "If you survive you can have this or that from my room" is what drives me kinda mad. I mean their original plan was to blow up the whole cafeteria and they pretty much knew that some of their close friends will be there at that time - so that shows cleary that they very likely expect that some of their close friends are going to die and they absolutely don't care about it. And especially Dylan knew some of them for a very long time. Plus none of them were jocks or bullies or other peoply Eric and Dylan were so mad about. They were more outcasts like them.

That makes it even more sick if the do not tell a single word of warning to them. I mean you do not have to say "please do not come to school tomorrow, something bad will going on". But they could have kept them away by saying something like "guys, please come to blackjacks tomorrow, well have something to celebrate and want to invite you to some slices of pizza" or something like that. Guess no one would be suspicious about that.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 5862
Contribution Points : 66140
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Brooks Brown, Chris Morris and Robyn Anderson   Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
That makes it even more sick if the do not tell a single word of warning to them. I mean you do not have to say "please do not come to school tomorrow, something bad will going on". But they could have kept them away by saying something like "guys, please come to blackjacks tomorrow, well have something to celebrate and want to invite you to some slices of pizza" or something like that. Guess no one would be suspicious about that.



A few people have speculated over the years that some of their close friends were warned, but to my knowledge there has never been evidence to prove Eric or Dylan actually did warn anybody.

Also in my opinion that adds another layer of coldness to them and their mindset at the time. Evil or Very Mad

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Brooks Brown, Chris Morris and Robyn Anderson
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» * Feeling Special, Aren't Ya? *~Create And/Or Pick Your Own Music Band~
» Anderson, Ian
» Chris "Grimmy" Cole
» Wade Thomas Brooks
» FINNIGAN, Lucas Anderson

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: