Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery.

Go down 
+4
veronicabradshaw
katherinex
mwilliam
rathomir
8 posters
AuthorMessage
rathomir

Contribution Points : 51650
Forum Reputation : 0

Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery. Empty
PostSubject: Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery.   Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 1:08 pm

You can see her original resting position lying on the path on her left side starting from about 2:09.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
If you download the vid and run it through something like VLC media player you can sharpen up the image if you dont mind suffering a little graininess
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery.   Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2018 3:06 am

Where'd you find this footage at?

I know the police had moved her body, but for some reason I always thought she was out in the grass. I had no idea she was that close to the door when she was shot.
Back to top Go down
mwilliam

Contribution Points : 56475

PostSubject: Re: Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery.   Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2018 3:21 am

At about 2:35ish you can see the SWAT team members shooting through the library exit door. I'd assume it's covering fire and they didn't actually see Eric and Dylan as they probably were already dead, but still interesting
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery.   Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2018 3:24 am

mwilliam wrote:
At about 2:35ish you can see the SWAT team members shooting through the library exit door. I'd assume it's covering fire and they didn't actually see Eric and Dylan as they probably were already dead, but still interesting

I can't remember if they were dead then or not. But that open door is always something I will fault them for. So many lives could have been saved.

And who/what was being moved at the end of the video? I thought Rachael was the first body they moved in front of the truck.
Back to top Go down
mwilliam

Contribution Points : 56475

PostSubject: Re: Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery.   Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2018 3:39 am

hvernon wrote:
I can't remember if they were dead then or not.

I think this video took place around 12:30? So if the evidence of them dying at 12:08 was wrong, it seems reasonable that they still could be alive. I vaguely remember a post on here that debated whether or not they
truly died at 12:08. I'd be interested to read any interview accounts on these SWAT members on why they were shooting through random doors

hvernon wrote:
And who/what was being moved at the end of the video? I thought Rachael was the first body they moved in front of the truck.

I think Richard Castaldo was blacked out up until the point he was rescued by the SWAT
Back to top Go down
katherinex

Contribution Points : 61136
Forum Reputation : 125

PostSubject: Re: Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery.   Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2018 2:54 pm

I still don't understand why they moved her body but left Dan at the bottom of those stairs where he could have been trampled on by fleeing students. Do you think they moved her because they weren't positive she'd died?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery.   Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2018 3:47 pm

I have said this before, but seeing them dragging her body all over that place makes me sick to my stomach. Also knowing that her family/friends saw this on the news only makes it worse. No
Back to top Go down
veronicabradshaw

Contribution Points : 54975
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery.   Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2018 5:18 pm

worst SWAT team eveer.
Back to top Go down
rathomir

PostSubject: Re: Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery.   Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2018 6:09 pm

[quote="hvernon"]Where'd you find this footage at? /quote]

I'm pretty good at finding stuff online.
I have about 7 of them. I'll upload the rest shortly.
Back to top Go down
rathomir

PostSubject: Re: Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery.   Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2018 6:14 pm

This is why I believe she died instantly from Eric's ranged uphill shots.

She was sitting facing the dumpsters to the left of Richard Castaldo
She was shot in the leg, arm, torso and head.
Every shot enters of the left at an upward angle, and exits on the right including the head shot.
It's hard to see but there's no sign of significant blood in her area, especially on the path, suggesting she didn't bleed out because of a beating heart.

I don't understand why they moved her either. She would obviously have presented as dead having laid there for over an hour. Maybe it's procedure to try and rescue people that look dead, because occasionally they aren't, and there was no time to do a detailed check.
Back to top Go down
Oldmare

Oldmare

Contribution Points : 58624

PostSubject: Re: Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery.   Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2018 6:28 pm

You can tell by watching the police/swat teams body language they are really and truly terrified. Yes thier actions are from training but the body language under that shows fear.

I read somewhere (Bullet Riddled?) That the swat team member that was first to see Rachel thought she may be alive but unconscious like Castaldo. It wasn't until he actually moved her that he saw the bullet wound in her temple and knew she was dead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery.   Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2018 6:34 pm

Oldmare wrote:
You can tell by watching the police/swat teams body language they are really and truly terrified.  Yes thier actions are from training but the body language under that shows fear.

I read somewhere (Bullet Riddled?) That the swat team member that was first to see Rachel thought she may be alive but unconscious like Castaldo. It wasn't until he actually moved her that he saw the bullet wound in her temple and knew she was dead.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]   Is Bullet Riddled a good book? I was told that it contained very little on Columbine, so I never bought it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery.   Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2018 8:42 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Oldmare wrote:
You can tell by watching the police/swat teams body language they are really and truly terrified.  Yes thier actions are from training but the body language under that shows fear.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]   Is Bullet Riddled a good book? I was told that it contained very little on Columbine, so I never bought it.

I'm also interested in the book, but mainly just the Columbine parts. If it's only a few pages... would someone mind scanning it and uploading those?
Back to top Go down
rathomir

PostSubject: Re: Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery.   Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2018 5:37 pm

Here's another one.

Helicopter crew discussing bodies on the ground and good clear closeup at 2:56 and 3:02
and 3:05 look at those guys in defensive stance. This is well after Dylan and Eric are dead and Rachel has been moved, and no shooting has been heard for over an hour, guess they are waiting for the all clear from Swat who are sweeping room by room from right to left, getting to the library last.
Back to top Go down
Oldmare

Oldmare

Contribution Points : 58624

PostSubject: Re: Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery.   Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2018 6:27 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Oldmare wrote:

It's a very short part yes. Some books are available for download on the Columbine massacre Facebook group under files. I think it is there?
Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 75386
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: Re: Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery.   Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 2:02 am

Agghh, always hard to watch that stuff.
Back to top Go down
HanShotFirst
Top Contributor
HanShotFirst

Contribution Points : 63587
Forum Reputation : 1210

PostSubject: Re: Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery.   Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2018 5:33 am

Nice find. I can't post link cause I'm new, but I have a very short but very zoomed in version if anyone wants to PM me

Contribution Points : 50600

PostSubject: Re: Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery.   Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2018 12:35 am

Hey guys. My first post here.

So this body(?) on 0:28 is not Rachel Scott? youtu.be/0N5YSluDoFU
Back to top Go down
HanShotFirst
Top Contributor
HanShotFirst

PostSubject: Re: Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery.   Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2018 9:48 am

maxm223 wrote:
Hey guys. My first post here.

So this body(?) on 0:28 is not Rachel Scott? youtu.be/0N5YSluDoFU

Yes that is her. She was moved a few different times during the event.

PostSubject: Re: Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery.   Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2018 1:44 pm

is there better footage of it out there from the video I’m talking about?
Back to top Go down
HanShotFirst
Top Contributor
HanShotFirst

PostSubject: Re: Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery.   Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2018 2:50 pm

Slightly but you're not gonna find a very good quality clip of it tbh.

Top Contributor
HanShotFirst

PostSubject: Re: Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery.   Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2018 2:55 pm

I can send you a link to a close up clip of her being moved. You can barely make out her face and it's porbably the best you're gonna be able to find

PostSubject: Re: Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery.   Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2018 4:54 pm

I would appreciate it!

I find especially that part interesting because her legs look so weird on that video
Back to top Go down
HanShotFirst
Top Contributor
HanShotFirst

PostSubject: Re: Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery.   Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2018 5:16 pm

I'm having issues with PM so ill link it here and hope I'm not breaking rules. Click at your discretion.

PostSubject: Re: Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery.   Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best quality video of Rachel Scott recovery.
Page 1 of 1