Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Columbine mysterious deaths

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rebbie556
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 26136
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Columbine mysterious deaths    Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:03 am

High school sweethearts, Nicholas Kunselman and Stephanie Hart-Grizzell, were students at Columbine High School on the 20th April, 1999, when Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold perpetrated the Columbine Massacre. While the duo survived the school shooting, they would be murdered less than a year later.
It was approximately 10PM on the 13th of February, 2000, when Stephanie left her home for the Subway shop just a mile away from Columbine High School. Nicholas was closing up the shop that night and Stephanie went to meet him. Nearly three hours later, an off-duty employee driving past the shop noticed that the lights were still on and went in to investigate. As she approached the shop, a young man walked out that she didn’t recognise. She found 16-year-old Stephanie and 15-year-old Nicholas shot to death.
An investigation uncovered that no money was missing from the till meaning it wasn’t a robbery gone wrong. The girl who discovered the bodies described the man she saw to a composite sketch artist. She described him as being white and around 16 to 20-years-old. She said he was 5 feet 7 inches to 5 feet 8 inches and weighed somewhere between 150 and 170 pounds. He was clean shaven with blondish hair and was wearing blue jeans, tennis shoes, a black baseball cap and a black coat with a red shirt.
The investigation also uncovered that a drug ring was operating from the shop and led to a number of arrests. There was no evidence, however, that either teenager took drugs. There were numerous tips over the forthcoming years and each was scrupulously investigated. Nevertheless, their murders remain unsolved.

I forgot how many people associated with Columbine died like right after. The mother of a survivor killed herself a few months after the shooting because her daughter was paralyzed. A student killed himself a year after and (supposedly) was found with Adam’s Song by Blink-182 playing on repeat. Then there was these two guys at Subway.

This is so interesting because it's never talked about in the tcc. We tend to talk about before and during the shooting of Columbine. The aftermath is really interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 77395
Forum Reputation : 54

PostSubject: Re: Columbine mysterious deaths    Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:40 am

The state of the community following the attack and all these other incidents truly freaked everyone out living in that area. They didn't know if everything was connected to the attack, or if it was just random things happening.

Although some were in fact intertwined with Columbine, such as Anne Marie Hochhalter's mother who commited suicide. No

Also among the first responders to Columbine SWAT, Police, etc. there were a vast number of suicides. The fallout from that day was indeed long and far reaching. Sad

''I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for religion—I have shuddered at it. I shudder no more—I could be martyred for my religion—Love is my religion—I could die for that.''                                                                                                                                      
                                                        -John Keats (1795-1821)

“Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.”

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 37546
Forum Reputation : 45

PostSubject: Re: Columbine mysterious deaths    Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:05 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
The state of the community following the attack and all these other incidents truly freaked everyone out living in that area. They didn't know if everything was connected to the attack, or if it was just random things happening.

Although some were in fact intertwined with Columbine, such as Anne Marie Hochhalter's mother who commited suicide. No

Also among the first responders to Columbine SWAT, Police, etc. there were a vast number of suicides. The fallout from that day was indeed long and far reaching. Sad  

To tie into your point about how some of the incidents were uncertain to have been connected with Columbine, I have to wonder if the suicides of first-responders to the incident was actually from the trauma of the shootings or if there was something more at work there. Not only are there probably many other incidents that these same first responders were at the scene to, but being in that line of work is incredibly high stress. Sad as it is to say I don't think high suicide rates in that line of work is uncommon by any means.

View user profile
ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: Columbine mysterious deaths    Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:17 am

To tie into your point about how some of the incidents were uncertain to have been connected with Columbine, I have to wonder if the suicides of first-responders to the incident was actually from the trauma of the shootings or if there was something more at work there. Not only are there probably many other incidents that these same first responders were at the scene to, but being in that line of work is incredibly high stress. Sad as it is to say I don't think high suicide rates in that line of work is uncommon by any means.

I agree that first responders like SWAT, police, firefighters, paramedics, etc. do have a very high stress level job. It take a certain type of person to be able to do that kind of work and there is a high "burn out" rate in those fields.  No  

But I think it safe to say that it's possible being on the scene of a school shooting where 15 people were dead(mostly kids) probably was a last straw for some. Or in better terms the icing on the top of all the other fucked up shit they had seen before that particular day. Crying or Very sad

''I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for religion—I have shuddered at it. I shudder no more—I could be martyred for my religion—Love is my religion—I could die for that.''                                                                                                                                      
                                                        -John Keats (1795-1821)

“Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.”

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ziamber II
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 21028
Forum Reputation : 20

PostSubject: Re: Columbine mysterious deaths    Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:18 am

How many people committed suicide because of Columbine?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: Columbine mysterious deaths    Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:51 am

How many people committed suicide because of Columbine?

Well a true number is tough to say. Although I will say there are likely a fair number of suicides connected to Columbine that have happened over the years.

Anne Marie Hochhalter's mom committed suicide about 6 months after the attack.

Also there were reports of a lot of substance abuse among the survivors, victims, family members. etc.

-John Keats (1795-1821)

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mein Gott

Contribution Points : 2785

PostSubject: Re: Columbine mysterious deaths    Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:12 pm

Dave Cullen reports in his book that many members of the SWAT team that made it into the school, some of whom were Vietnam veterans and had seen hell in war, broke down in tears as they saw what had happened in the library. I can easily believe it to be true.

The community around Columbine had darkness seeping in its cracks well before the rampage. I have always seen it as an example of how an idillic, perfect esterior of a white-only, affluent suburb can in reality hide widespread conformism and hypocrisy, sometimes masked by extreme religiosity. Littleton wasn't the Eden that Satan, in the form of Eric and Dylan, came to taint.

I believe the mediatic scrutiny and the sheer shock of the aftermath simply blew the veil off the rotting community.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebbie556
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 26136

PostSubject: Re: Columbine mysterious deaths    Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I hate to bring this topic back but this reminds me of 9/11 where the eyewitness/survivors suddenly died under mysterious circumstances..
Maybe it's somehow connected with that. We know that Eric foreshadowed 9/11 where he said in his journal about flying planes into NY buildings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 37546
Forum Reputation : 45

PostSubject: Re: Columbine mysterious deaths    Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:09 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I hate to bring this topic back but this  reminds me of 9/11 where the eyewitness/survivors suddenly died under mysterious circumstances..
Maybe it's somehow connected with that.  We know that Eric foreshadowed 9/11 where he said in his journal about flying planes into NY buildings.  

I think you and I have different definitions of "mysterious circumstances".

I also think trying to connect 9/11 with Columbine is some Alex Jones level shit.

View user profile

Contribution Points : 13735

PostSubject: Re: Columbine mysterious deaths    Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:07 pm

Dave Cullen reports in his book that many members of the SWAT team that made it into the school, some of whom were Vietnam veterans and had seen hell in war, broke down in tears as they saw what had happened in the library. I can easily believe it to be true.

well, then just think abbout what suchpeople have to be felt at sandy hook, where the body count is not only much higher but the victims were also far younger.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mein Gott

Contribution Points : 2785

PostSubject: Re: Columbine mysterious deaths    Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:34 pm

well, then just think abbout what suchpeople have to be felt at sandy hook, where the body count is not only much higher but the victims were also far younger.

The medical examiner of the case made several statements describing the injuries as "devastating", and that that sick bastard of Lanza went for overkill by shooting repeatedly into every poor child's body. They even't allowed the children's own parents to see how their very kids had been maimed.
When we think of bullet wounds we ought not to think the tiny red circular holes that we see in movies (it's easier to fake and not too gory)... bullets, especially high-power ones such as those used by assault rifles and shotguns and especially at close range, carry immense kinetic energy that is promptly discharged into the victim's tissues, shredding and deforming them in a way that is truly horrendous.

Eric's head literally exploded as he shot himself in the mouth with the shotgun. If you zoom in the leaked photo, you can see he's literally unrecognizable, his whole facial features obliterated. Dylan's injury was less devastating, but as he fired into his frontal lobe rather than his medulla he didn't die immediately - he likely only blinded himself by transecting the optic nerve, and died in several seconds by drowning in his own blood.
As far as the victims went, judging from the autopsies' reports many of them were in really bad shape. I won't name them or describe their injuries out of respect, but we're talking about major damage that likely took a lot of work by funeral staff to allow open casket ceremonies.

Now picture SWAT officers entering the library, filled with smoke, the alarms obsessively blaring, the police sirens outside, the smell of burning and gunpowder, every piece of furniture damaged or shout out, and then seeing those awful sights of the dead bodies... no wonder people were so shocked. I hope they were provided with therapy afterwards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Columbine mysterious deaths
Page 1 of 1