Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 
 

 What more could we learn now?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pixie13



Posts : 99
Contribution Points : 5490
Forum Reputation : 10
Join date : 2018-09-08

PostSubject: What more could we learn now?    Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:52 am

Assuming the Basement Tapes will never see the light of day, do you think is there any more evidence about Columbine that will come out in the future that will further our understanding of what happened or do you think there is nothing more that can possibly be established as fact?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
evadjams



Posts : 7
Contribution Points : 3300
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-09-20

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:27 am

2027 depositions
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pixie13



Posts : 99
Contribution Points : 5490
Forum Reputation : 10
Join date : 2018-09-08

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:29 am

I wonder what the depositions will tell us that we don't know already? Maybe more about Eric Harris I suppose, but hasn't Sue told us everything about Dylan already? I can't imagine there will be anything that revelatory that is changes the way we look at Columbine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Screamingophelia
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4490
Contribution Points : 77486
Forum Reputation : 103
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:40 am

I remember an article with Lauren's mom talking about them and saying she learned a little more but still had questions and she felt that they should be released. So were the families of the victims there? Did they ask questions too?

The thing is, in my opinion Eric and Dylan's parents will never have answers for them that will make their pain any less Sad


Since the case is considered closed I'm not sure what other actual evidence would be released. I think the best we could get would be anecdotal evidence or stories from people we never really heard from. Books from maybe Devon or Lisa Kreutz?

Maybe an interview with Kathy Harris?

I guess some more school records could be released. Eric's medical records could be leaked?

There are a LOT of things we don't know but whether or not we will ever find out is another story.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Pixie13



Posts : 99
Contribution Points : 5490
Forum Reputation : 10
Join date : 2018-09-08

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:45 am

That's what I am sort of trying to work out. I guess the Basement Tapes probably would give the most evidence/answers and they are gone.

The medical records would possibly give us the biggest insight into Eric Harris but I doubt we will ever learn anything more about Dylan as the Klebold's seem quite determined to control the narrative on him now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Screamingophelia
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4490
Contribution Points : 77486
Forum Reputation : 103
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:51 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
That's what I am sort of trying to work out. I guess the Basement Tapes probably would give the most evidence/answers and they are gone.

The medical records would possibly give us the biggest insight into Eric Harris but I doubt we will ever learn anything more about Dylan as the Klebold's seem quite determined to control the narrative on him now.

I agree. If there was anything else about Dylan that debunks that he was a depressed follower would not come out anytime soon. I mean the Basement Tapes would really show that angry side of Dylan but other than if even Tom or Byron had stories or something that showed Dylan was more troubled than Sue let on I don't think they would say anything.

OH, I thought of something, we could learn the redacted names in Dylan's journals... that could be new evidence but if it ended up being Devon or Marla it wouldn't be a shock, most people assume this.

Also Nate, Zach or Robyn could talk more about what they knew or didn't know... so we could learn more from them. However they're in their 30's with families, I don't think they are going to be like "huh, I better come out and tell people this information and turn my life upside down"

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Pixie13



Posts : 99
Contribution Points : 5490
Forum Reputation : 10
Join date : 2018-09-08

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:11 pm

Why were so many names redacted? Do the people whose names were redacted, know their names were redacted?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Screamingophelia
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4490
Contribution Points : 77486
Forum Reputation : 103
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:32 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Why were so many names redacted? Do the people whose names were redacted, know their names were redacted?

To protect their privacy.

Though some are obvious... Zach's name is redacted but it is a commonly know thing. On Dylan's 17th birthday card it is clearly from Devon but their names are redacted.

As for if people knew, this is a little fuzzy. Sue has made a comment about one of Dylan's girls he wrote about and she said "she has no idea who he was" I don't know if she knows that because she was questioned about it and said "Oh I never met Dylan!!!" or if she is inferring it.

I often wondered if I as a female would have wanted to know if I was in there. I suppose it would depend on if I knew them and were friends with them.

I mean also the girls that Eric mentions, what would that conversation be like by the FBI "ma'am, did you know Eric Harris because he seems to have wanted to um... pull your pants down and ...." Embarassed


_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ShadowedGoddess
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 6231
Contribution Points : 77395
Forum Reputation : 54
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Also Nate, Zach or Robyn could talk more about what they knew or didn't know... so we could learn more from them. However they're in their 30's with families, I don't think they are going to be like "huh, I better come out and tell people this information and turn my life upside down"


Agreed. For the most part E&D friends who were thought to be involved or who was effected by Columbine pretty much wanted to distance themselves from it as much as possible.

Take Chris Morris for example, he is the hardest one of the group to find any current info on. Some say that it's possible he even changed his name. But he went off the grid and there is almost nothing about his life after a certain time period in the years following Columbine.

Not that I blame him or any of the others for wanting to put something so tragic behind them, and try to move on with their lives. This is the main reason I would never try to contact any of them. I would hate to be the one to ruin a good day they might have been having by bringing up something they would probably love to forget. No

_________________
''I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for religion—I have shuddered at it. I shudder no more—I could be martyred for my religion—Love is my religion—I could die for that.''                                                                                                                                      
                                                        -John Keats (1795-1821)

“Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.”

                                                        - Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4490
Contribution Points : 77486
Forum Reputation : 103
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:44 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Also Nate, Zach or Robyn could talk more about what they knew or didn't know... so we could learn more from them. However they're in their 30's with families, I don't think they are going to be like "huh, I better come out and tell people this information and turn my life upside down"


Agreed. For the most part E&D friends who were thought to be involved or who was effected by Columbine pretty much wanted to distance themselves from it as much as possible.

Take Chris Morris for example, he is the hardest one of the group to find any current info on. Some say that it's possible he even changed his name. But he went off the grid and there is almost nothing about his life after a certain time period in the years following Columbine.

Not that I blame him or any of the others for wanting to put something so tragic behind them, and try to move on with their lives. This is the main reason I would never try to contact any of them. I would hate to be the one to ruin a good day they might have been having by bringing up something they would probably love to forget. No

Yea... you're not wrong about that Sad Sad Embarassed

I highly doubt we are going to get an op ed from Robyn called "I was Dylan's prom date and he still killed my classmates, my story. Smart women, foolish choices"

That is a long title.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ShadowedGoddess
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 6231
Contribution Points : 77395
Forum Reputation : 54
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:51 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Also Nate, Zach or Robyn could talk more about what they knew or didn't know... so we could learn more from them. However they're in their 30's with families, I don't think they are going to be like "huh, I better come out and tell people this information and turn my life upside down"


Agreed. For the most part E&D friends who were thought to be involved or who was effected by Columbine pretty much wanted to distance themselves from it as much as possible.

Take Chris Morris for example, he is the hardest one of the group to find any current info on. Some say that it's possible he even changed his name. But he went off the grid and there is almost nothing about his life after a certain time period in the years following Columbine.

Not that I blame him or any of the others for wanting to put something so tragic behind them, and try to move on with their lives. This is the main reason I would never try to contact any of them. I would hate to be the one to ruin a good day they might have been having by bringing up something they would probably love to forget. No

Yea... you're not wrong about that Sad Sad Embarassed

I highly doubt we are going to get an op ed from Robyn called "I was Dylan's prom date and he still killed my classmates, my story. Smart women, foolish choices"

That is a long title.

But make no mistake, IF Robyn or any of the others ever did write about Columbine, I would be one of the first to have it sitting in my bookshelves ! Haha

_________________
''I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for religion—I have shuddered at it. I shudder no more—I could be martyred for my religion—Love is my religion—I could die for that.''                                                                                                                                      
                                                        -John Keats (1795-1821)

“Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.”

                                                        - Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4490
Contribution Points : 77486
Forum Reputation : 103
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:55 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Also Nate, Zach or Robyn could talk more about what they knew or didn't know... so we could learn more from them. However they're in their 30's with families, I don't think they are going to be like "huh, I better come out and tell people this information and turn my life upside down"


Agreed. For the most part E&D friends who were thought to be involved or who was effected by Columbine pretty much wanted to distance themselves from it as much as possible.

Take Chris Morris for example, he is the hardest one of the group to find any current info on. Some say that it's possible he even changed his name. But he went off the grid and there is almost nothing about his life after a certain time period in the years following Columbine.

Not that I blame him or any of the others for wanting to put something so tragic behind them, and try to move on with their lives. This is the main reason I would never try to contact any of them. I would hate to be the one to ruin a good day they might have been having by bringing up something they would probably love to forget. No

Yea... you're not wrong about that Sad Sad Embarassed

I highly doubt we are going to get an op ed from Robyn called "I was Dylan's prom date and he still killed my classmates, my story. Smart women, foolish choices"

That is a long title.

But make no mistake, IF Robyn or any of the others ever did write about Columbine, I would be one of the first to have it sitting in my bookshelves ! Haha

The one survivor I would love to hear from would be Lisa Kreutz. I would want to know if she remembered anything after her interviews. Her and Patrick were in the library when E and D killed themselves. I think Patrick's table was near where they were but I am not sure where Lisa's was.

As far as a friend.... either Devon or Zach, I would love them to write something.

Goes without saying... Kevin... if you need a ghost writer for your book which I would suggest titling "We need to talk about Eric" call me ;)

I would read the crap out of that book!!!

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ShadowedGoddess
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 6231
Contribution Points : 77395
Forum Reputation : 54
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:44 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Goes without saying... Kevin... if you need a ghost writer for your book which I would suggest titling "We need to talk about Eric" call me ;)

I would read the crap out of that book!!!


BAHAH! Haha SAME! Also that would be the perfect title! cheers

_________________
''I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for religion—I have shuddered at it. I shudder no more—I could be martyred for my religion—Love is my religion—I could die for that.''                                                                                                                                      
                                                        -John Keats (1795-1821)

“Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.”

                                                        - Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sympathyforEandD



Posts : 19
Contribution Points : 7100
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-07-27

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:56 pm

I think the Columbine well is pretty dry at this point. All the juicy stuff has already surfaced and all that's left is bottom-of-the-barrel tidbits. The last cave of information to be spelunked is the Basement Tapes, which the powers that be have went to great lengths to keep under wraps. I don't buy the "copycat" thing because Anders Breivik's manifesto is available online (as is Elliot Rogers's) which are way more convincing in terms of inciting psychos to shoot people than two grumpy teens complaining about their classmates.

Almost 20 years on and the tapes have still not surfaced. What did Eric and Dylan pass comment on that ruffled JCSO's feathers so intensely?

The truth is out there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 6231
Contribution Points : 77395
Forum Reputation : 54
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I think the Columbine well is pretty dry at this point. All the juicy stuff has already surfaced and all that's left is bottom-of-the-barrel tidbits. The last cave of information to be spelunked is the Basement Tapes, which the powers that be have went to great lengths to keep under wraps. I don't buy the "copycat" thing because Anders Breivik's manifesto is available online (as is Elliot Rogers's) which are way more convincing in terms of inciting psychos to shoot people than two grumpy teens complaining about their classmates.

Almost 20 years on and the tapes have still not surfaced. What did Eric and Dylan pass comment on that ruffled JCSO's feathers so intensely?

The truth is out there.


Sadly I agree with you on the well being almost dry. The next and probably the last thing information wise on the horizon will be when the court depositions are released in 2027, and if Randy Brown ever gets around to writing a book on Columbine.

_________________
''I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for religion—I have shuddered at it. I shudder no more—I could be martyred for my religion—Love is my religion—I could die for that.''                                                                                                                                      
                                                        -John Keats (1795-1821)

“Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.”

                                                        - Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ziamber II
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1179
Contribution Points : 21028
Forum Reputation : 20
Join date : 2017-10-26
Age : 24
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:34 pm

I think everything that needs to be known, apart from the Basement Tapes, has been known.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 6231
Contribution Points : 77395
Forum Reputation : 54
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I think everything that needs to be known, apart from the Basement Tapes, has been known.


True. The who, what, when, and where of Columbine has pretty much been gone over with a fine tooth comb. Yet the why of Columbine still makes some scratch their heads.

_________________
''I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for religion—I have shuddered at it. I shudder no more—I could be martyred for my religion—Love is my religion—I could die for that.''                                                                                                                                      
                                                        -John Keats (1795-1821)

“Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.”

                                                        - Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thelmar

avatar

Posts : 164
Contribution Points : 10510
Forum Reputation : 10
Join date : 2018-07-15

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:18 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

The one survivor I would love to hear from would be Lisa Kreutz. I would want to know if she remembered anything after her interviews. Her and Patrick were in the library when E and D killed themselves. I think Patrick's table was near where they were but I am not sure where Lisa's was.

Patrick was at table 15, directly in front of the bookshelves where E & D killed themselves. Lisa was at Table 2, with Lauren and Kelly, which is all the way on the other side of the library.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  (where Patrick was)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (where E & D were)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (pg. 66, where Lisa marked where she was on the police report)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4490
Contribution Points : 77486
Forum Reputation : 103
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:58 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

The one survivor I would love to hear from would be Lisa Kreutz. I would want to know if she remembered anything after her interviews. Her and Patrick were in the library when E and D killed themselves. I think Patrick's table was near where they were but I am not sure where Lisa's was.

Patrick was at table 15, directly in front of the bookshelves where E & D killed themselves. Lisa was at Table 2, with Lauren and Kelly, which is all the way on the other side of the library.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  (where Patrick was)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (where E & D were)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (pg. 66, where Lisa marked where she was on the police report)


Thank you. He was so close Sad

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Screamingophelia
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4490
Contribution Points : 77486
Forum Reputation : 103
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I think everything that needs to be known, apart from the Basement Tapes, has been known.


True. The who, what, when, and where of Columbine has pretty much been gone over with a fine tooth comb. Yet the why of Columbine still makes some scratch their heads.


Yet it strikes a chord in those who weren’t even born then

I will never forget a little over year ago I checked in after 16 years to see if anyone was still interested in the case and lo and behold!

;)

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
bradt93



Posts : 377
Contribution Points : 25212
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-12-21
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:29 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Also Nate, Zach or Robyn could talk more about what they knew or didn't know... so we could learn more from them. However they're in their 30's with families, I don't think they are going to be like "huh, I better come out and tell people this information and turn my life upside down"
I graduated HS in 2007, so I don't think they would be in their 30s. I'm already 30.


Agreed. For the most part E&D friends who were thought to be involved or who was effected by Columbine pretty much wanted to distance themselves from it as much as possible.

Take Chris Morris for example, he is the hardest one of the group to find any current info on. Some say that it's possible he even changed his name. But he went off the grid and there is almost nothing about his life after a certain time period in the years following Columbine.

Not that I blame him or any of the others for wanting to put something so tragic behind them, and try to move on with their lives. This is the main reason I would never try to contact any of them. I would hate to be the one to ruin a good day they might have been having by bringing up something they would probably love to forget. No

Yea... you're not wrong about that Sad Sad Embarassed

I highly doubt we are going to get an op ed from Robyn called "I was Dylan's prom date and he still killed my classmates, my story. Smart women, foolish choices"

That is a long title.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mein Gott



Posts : 24
Contribution Points : 2785
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-09-18

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:01 am

The last two missing puzzle pieces that we know surely exist are the extended 911 call and the Basement Tapes. I don't think they will ever see the light of day: the 911 call would be too macabre, and given the persistence of school shootings in the United States authorities will not want to give even more inspiration to copycats by releasing the Basement Tapes.
There are surely hundreds if not thousands of crime scene photos, but that would be outright gore.

I would like, however, to hear from Eric's family. We know so little of him, of what he truly appeared to those who knew him best. For a number of reasons, I think that his parents kind of knew that something bad was brewing within their son; clearly they couldn't fathom that he was planning on murdering a large number of children, but I believe there were some major red flags they ignored.
However I think that Wayne and Kathy will never speak out of shame and guilt, and Kevin will want to live his life as his own person rather than the brother of a mass murderer.

So, I think it's pretty much over.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 6231
Contribution Points : 77395
Forum Reputation : 54
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:40 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
The last two missing puzzle pieces that we know surely exist are the extended 911 call and the Basement Tapes. I don't think they will ever see the light of day: the 911 call would be too macabre, and given the persistence of school shootings in the United States authorities will not want to give even more inspiration to copycats by releasing the Basement Tapes.
There are surely hundreds if not thousands of crime scene photos, but that would be outright gore.

I would like, however, to hear from Eric's family. We know so little of him, of what he truly appeared to those who knew him best. For a number of reasons, I think that his parents kind of knew that something bad was brewing within their son; clearly they couldn't fathom that he was planning on murdering a large number of children, but I believe there were some major red flags they ignored.
However I think that Wayne and Kathy will never speak out of shame and guilt, and Kevin will want to live his life as his own person rather than the brother of a mass murderer.

So, I think it's pretty much over.


Actually The Harris family court depositions that were done way back in 2003 are set to be released in 2027. This will be the first and last we will likely ever get from them. So we have a few more years to wait. Mad

_________________
''I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for religion—I have shuddered at it. I shudder no more—I could be martyred for my religion—Love is my religion—I could die for that.''                                                                                                                                      
                                                        -John Keats (1795-1821)

“Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.”

                                                        - Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mein Gott



Posts : 24
Contribution Points : 2785
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-09-18

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:31 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
The last two missing puzzle pieces that we know surely exist are the extended 911 call and the Basement Tapes. I don't think they will ever see the light of day: the 911 call would be too macabre, and given the persistence of school shootings in the United States authorities will not want to give even more inspiration to copycats by releasing the Basement Tapes.
There are surely hundreds if not thousands of crime scene photos, but that would be outright gore.

I would like, however, to hear from Eric's family. We know so little of him, of what he truly appeared to those who knew him best. For a number of reasons, I think that his parents kind of knew that something bad was brewing within their son; clearly they couldn't fathom that he was planning on murdering a large number of children, but I believe there were some major red flags they ignored.
However I think that Wayne and Kathy will never speak out of shame and guilt, and Kevin will want to live his life as his own person rather than the brother of a mass murderer.

So, I think it's pretty much over.


Actually The Harris family court depositions that were done way back in 2003 are set to be released in 2027. This will be the first and last we will likely ever get from them. So we have a few more years to wait. Mad

I think the Harrises were coached by their lawyers and il 2027 whoever's still around will find out that the depositions are not as interesting or revelatory as we might wish.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 6231
Contribution Points : 77395
Forum Reputation : 54
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:33 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
The last two missing puzzle pieces that we know surely exist are the extended 911 call and the Basement Tapes. I don't think they will ever see the light of day: the 911 call would be too macabre, and given the persistence of school shootings in the United States authorities will not want to give even more inspiration to copycats by releasing the Basement Tapes.
There are surely hundreds if not thousands of crime scene photos, but that would be outright gore.

I would like, however, to hear from Eric's family. We know so little of him, of what he truly appeared to those who knew him best. For a number of reasons, I think that his parents kind of knew that something bad was brewing within their son; clearly they couldn't fathom that he was planning on murdering a large number of children, but I believe there were some major red flags they ignored.
However I think that Wayne and Kathy will never speak out of shame and guilt, and Kevin will want to live his life as his own person rather than the brother of a mass murderer.

So, I think it's pretty much over.


Actually The Harris family court depositions that were done way back in 2003 are set to be released in 2027. This will be the first and last we will likely ever get from them. So we have a few more years to wait. Mad

I think the Harrises were coached by their lawyers and il 2027 whoever's still around will find out that the depositions are not as interesting or revelatory as we might wish.


True. BUT I will still read them all the same.

_________________
''I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for religion—I have shuddered at it. I shudder no more—I could be martyred for my religion—Love is my religion—I could die for that.''                                                                                                                                      
                                                        -John Keats (1795-1821)

“Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.”

                                                        - Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4490
Contribution Points : 77486
Forum Reputation : 103
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:35 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
The last two missing puzzle pieces that we know surely exist are the extended 911 call and the Basement Tapes. I don't think they will ever see the light of day: the 911 call would be too macabre, and given the persistence of school shootings in the United States authorities will not want to give even more inspiration to copycats by releasing the Basement Tapes.
There are surely hundreds if not thousands of crime scene photos, but that would be outright gore.

I would like, however, to hear from Eric's family. We know so little of him, of what he truly appeared to those who knew him best. For a number of reasons, I think that his parents kind of knew that something bad was brewing within their son; clearly they couldn't fathom that he was planning on murdering a large number of children, but I believe there were some major red flags they ignored.
However I think that Wayne and Kathy will never speak out of shame and guilt, and Kevin will want to live his life as his own person rather than the brother of a mass murderer.

So, I think it's pretty much over.


Actually The Harris family court depositions that were done way back in 2003 are set to be released in 2027. This will be the first and last we will likely ever get from them. So we have a few more years to wait. Mad

I think the Harrises were coached by their lawyers and il 2027 whoever's still around will find out that the depositions are not as interesting or revelatory as we might wish.




True. BUT I will still read them all the same.

Me too. Regardless if it’s my wedding day. People can wait


Basement tape leak, wedding postponed until I finish them all

Kidding....

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ShadowedGoddess
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 6231
Contribution Points : 77395
Forum Reputation : 54
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:39 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
The last two missing puzzle pieces that we know surely exist are the extended 911 call and the Basement Tapes. I don't think they will ever see the light of day: the 911 call would be too macabre, and given the persistence of school shootings in the United States authorities will not want to give even more inspiration to copycats by releasing the Basement Tapes.
There are surely hundreds if not thousands of crime scene photos, but that would be outright gore.

I would like, however, to hear from Eric's family. We know so little of him, of what he truly appeared to those who knew him best. For a number of reasons, I think that his parents kind of knew that something bad was brewing within their son; clearly they couldn't fathom that he was planning on murdering a large number of children, but I believe there were some major red flags they ignored.
However I think that Wayne and Kathy will never speak out of shame and guilt, and Kevin will want to live his life as his own person rather than the brother of a mass murderer.

So, I think it's pretty much over.


Actually The Harris family court depositions that were done way back in 2003 are set to be released in 2027. This will be the first and last we will likely ever get from them. So we have a few more years to wait. Mad

I think the Harrises were coached by their lawyers and il 2027 whoever's still around will find out that the depositions are not as interesting or revelatory as we might wish.




True. BUT I will still read them all the same.

Me too. Regardless if it’s my wedding day. People can wait


Basement tape leak, wedding postponed until I finish them all

Kidding....


Roll

_________________
''I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for religion—I have shuddered at it. I shudder no more—I could be martyred for my religion—Love is my religion—I could die for that.''                                                                                                                                      
                                                        -John Keats (1795-1821)

“Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.”

                                                        - Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mein Gott



Posts : 24
Contribution Points : 2785
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-09-18

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:51 am

As far as the Basement Tapes are involved, I suspect that Jefferson County has truly destroyed the originals, but I can't really believe that the FBI or any of the involved investigators hasn't kept a copy of their own somewhere. Unfortunately I do share the decision to keep them hidden. From the sole snippet we have, Eric and Dylan cursing against Christians and Christianity, it would be ideal motivation material for the crowd of copycats around in the United States.

By the way, under Italian law *every* judicial act must be made publicly available as soon as it is filed in the courthouse's chancellery, if it is pertinent to a case. And every judicial decision must be accompanied by a motivation report that explains and justifies it in detail, usually presenting all the evidence. Had Columbine happened in Italy, we would've had both the depositions and the Basement Tapes in a few months' time after the shooting.

For example, a staple of Italian crime news are the wiretapped phone conversations that can be reproduced freely by the press, even if they pertain to subjects unrelated to the investigation. That's how we have wiretaps of former Prime Minister Berlusconi talking about his sex life. Each courthouse has an office where you can "book" copies of judicial acts, come a few days later, pay a fee and walk out with the full dossier of any case. Only very rarely something is censored, for example juveniles, police sources or vulnerable victims.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2719
Contribution Points : 37546
Forum Reputation : 45
Join date : 2017-09-04

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:45 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I don't buy the "copycat" thing because Anders Breivik's manifesto is available online (as is Elliot Rogers's) which are way more convincing in terms of inciting psychos to shoot people than two grumpy teens complaining about their classmates.

Every time I see this argument I feel like reaching through the computer screen and shaking whoever utters it by the shoulders. 

The police in Jefferson County are not the same police who decided to leak the manifestos of other shooters. It really is that simple.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4490
Contribution Points : 77486
Forum Reputation : 103
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I don't buy the "copycat" thing because Anders Breivik's manifesto is available online (as is Elliot Rogers's) which are way more convincing in terms of inciting psychos to shoot people than two grumpy teens complaining about their classmates.

Every time I see this argument I feel like reaching through the computer screen and shaking whoever utters it by the shoulders. 

The police in Jefferson County are not the same police who decided to leak the manifestos of other shooters. It really is that simple.


I’ve said this before. I have definitely complained about it and I have definitely felt your wrath through the computer lol the shake . I know logically it doesn’t make any sense to compare I’m just salty that the basement tapes were never released

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
 
What more could we learn now?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Shiro, Aneira - [ Kumo Genin ] - WiP
» Skyrim Sign up thread.
» Entei
» Phoenix Slayer Magic
» Nuinjutsu Jutsu List (For Nuinjutsu Main & Nuinjutsu Learning Scholars)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: