Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 
 

 What more could we learn now?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sympathyforEandD



Posts : 18
Contribution Points : 5700
Join date : 2018-07-27

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:02 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I don't buy the "copycat" thing because Anders Breivik's manifesto is available online (as is Elliot Rogers's) which are way more convincing in terms of inciting psychos to shoot people than two grumpy teens complaining about their classmates.

Every time I see this argument I feel like reaching through the computer screen and shaking whoever utters it by the shoulders. 

The police in Jefferson County are not the same police who decided to leak the manifestos of other shooters. It really is that simple.

I know that, dude. I'm saying that the "copycat" excuse no longer held weight with the release of other shooters' manifestos online (which were way more "convincing" and dangerous). Like, how could the Basement Tapes be any worse?

"We're withholding the tapes because copycats" may have flown when Columbine was still hot off the press, but was no longer plausible after subsequent "manifestos" (including Cho's multimedia manifesto) ended up on the Internet. It turned into "we're still withholding the tapes, BECAUSE REASONS."

I just hope these tapes see the light of day at some point. I don't want to accept that these chucklefucks destroyed them just like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thelmar

avatar

Posts : 116
Contribution Points : 7965
Join date : 2018-07-15

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:57 pm

Someone just posted this link on the reddit Columbine sub
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's reporters who viewed the Basement Tapes describing their impressions of Eric and Dylan. I'd never seen it before and John Ferrugia's statement about his realization that both Eric and Dylan hated themselves was particularly powerful. I believe that Eric harbored almost as much self- loathing as Dylan and for someone to "see it" in him on those tapes makes me shake my head even harder at those "experts" who believe Eric truly saw himself as a god or better than everyone else.

Off now to see if I can find any news reports Ferrugia did about Columbine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4105
Contribution Points : 64768
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:28 pm

I absolutely think Eric hated himself as much as Dylan

Also we can still learn what Dylan was saying in his blackjack interview

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
NF Are Magic



Posts : 3
Contribution Points : 1400
Join date : 2018-09-18

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:56 pm

I’m guessing with the 20th anniversary coming up soon we could maybe see some new interviews popping up with friends and maybe some new documentaries or something?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 5863
Contribution Points : 66141
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I’m guessing with the 20th anniversary coming up soon we could maybe see some new interviews popping up with friends and maybe some new documentaries or something?


One can only hope. I'm still wishing Randy Brown would actually publish the book on Columbine he's been hinting at for years! Haha

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4105
Contribution Points : 64768
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I’m guessing with the 20th anniversary coming up soon we could maybe see some new interviews popping up with friends and maybe some new documentaries or something?


One can only hope. I'm still wishing Randy Brown would actually publish the book on Columbine he's been hinting at for years! Haha

I don't know where I get this feeling from or maybe it is something I read but I feel like Randy may have some sort of bootleg audio/video from the viewings of the basement tapes that he could possibly leak at some point too...

Also for research purposes I think I need to know what Dylan is saying the Blackjack video... I think it's really important to understanding and stopping school shootings once and for all.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 5863
Contribution Points : 66141
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Also for research purposes I think I need to know what Dylan is saying the Blackjack video... I think it's really important to understanding and stopping school shootings once and for all.


Haha

I have tried to read his lips several times, but sadly could never make anything out of what he was saying. No

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4105
Contribution Points : 64768
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:38 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Also for research purposes I think I need to know what Dylan is saying the Blackjack video... I think it's really important to understanding and stopping school shootings once and for all.


Haha

I have tried to read his lips several times, but sadly could never make anything out of what he was saying. No

I was asking on some true crime pages if anyone can lip read and people get freaked out because I want them to tell me what Dylan Klebold may be saying.

I am sorry you make ALL the Jeffrey Dahmer jokes in the world, you talk about Richard Rameriez's cheek bones, don't get sanctimonious on me about Dylan....

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 5863
Contribution Points : 66141
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:01 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Also for research purposes I think I need to know what Dylan is saying the Blackjack video... I think it's really important to understanding and stopping school shootings once and for all.


Haha

I have tried to read his lips several times, but sadly could never make anything out of what he was saying. No

I was asking on some true crime pages if anyone can lip read and people get freaked out because I want them to tell me what Dylan Klebold may be saying.

I am sorry you make ALL the Jeffrey Dahmer jokes in the world, you talk about Richard Rameriez's cheek bones, don't get sanctimonious on me about Dylan....

Honestly it was likely just some teenage boy banter with his friends. But still I'd like to know what he was talking so animatedly about. Smile

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4105
Contribution Points : 64768
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Also for research purposes I think I need to know what Dylan is saying the Blackjack video... I think it's really important to understanding and stopping school shootings once and for all.


Haha

I have tried to read his lips several times, but sadly could never make anything out of what he was saying. No

I was asking on some true crime pages if anyone can lip read and people get freaked out because I want them to tell me what Dylan Klebold may be saying.

I am sorry you make ALL the Jeffrey Dahmer jokes in the world, you talk about Richard Rameriez's cheek bones, don't get sanctimonious on me about Dylan....

Honestly it was likely just some teenage boy banter with his friends. But still I'd like to know what he was talking so animatedly about. Smile


Someone deciphered one of the lines as if he said then he is an asshole

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 5863
Contribution Points : 66141
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: What more could we learn now?    Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:15 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Also for research purposes I think I need to know what Dylan is saying the Blackjack video... I think it's really important to understanding and stopping school shootings once and for all.


Haha

I have tried to read his lips several times, but sadly could never make anything out of what he was saying. No

I was asking on some true crime pages if anyone can lip read and people get freaked out because I want them to tell me what Dylan Klebold may be saying.

I am sorry you make ALL the Jeffrey Dahmer jokes in the world, you talk about Richard Rameriez's cheek bones, don't get sanctimonious on me about Dylan....

Honestly it was likely just some teenage boy banter with his friends. But still I'd like to know what he was talking so animatedly about. Smile


Someone deciphered one of the lines as if he said then  he is an asshole


Yeah well sounds about right! Roll

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
What more could we learn now?
Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Shiro, Aneira - [ Kumo Genin ] - WiP
» Skyrim Sign up thread.
» Entei
» Phoenix Slayer Magic
» Aubrey W. Niwa

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: