Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Suspect in China car rampage that killed 11 wanted 'revenge on society'

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Suspect in China car rampage that killed 11 wanted 'revenge on society' Empty
PostSubject: Suspect in China car rampage that killed 11 wanted 'revenge on society'   Suspect in China car rampage that killed 11 wanted 'revenge on society' Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2018 10:10 am

Eleven people have been killed, and 44 injured after a driver crashed a car into a crowd at a public square in central Chinaand attacked people with a knife and shovel.

A red SUV drove into a square in Hengyang city in Hunan province on Wednesday evening and the driver began to hack at pedestrians with a knife and spade, the Hengyang government said in a statement on its microblog on Thursday.

“[The suspect] has been sentenced many times for drug trafficking, theft, and other crimes, creating a desire for revenge on society,” the statement said.

Previous statements said police had been sent immediately to the site of the attack and restrained the suspect, who has now been detained. One video posted on Twitter showed people streaming out of the square. Other video posted by Chinese state media showed several bodies on the ground.

Beijing Youth Daily, a publication of the ruling Communist party’s youth league, said on its official microblog that police were investigating the crash. There was no mention of terrorism or any other motive.

Police identified the suspect as a 54-year-old Chinese man named Yang Zanyun from the same county, who had served several prison sentences for convictions including arson and assault, the newspaper said.

China has experienced violent attacks in public places in recent years, including bombings and arson of buses and buildings, sometimes by people trying to settle personal scores or express grievances against society.

Authorities often do not disclose further details about the incidents or the motives of assailants. In June, a man stabbed and killed two young boys outside a primary school in Shanghai. Local media said pedestrians had caught and restrained the man. In July, a man detonated a low-grade homemade bomb outside the US embassy. Police did not disclose any suspected motive.

Occasionally, the attacks are attributed to militant separatists, though such attacks have become less common in recent years.

In 2013, an SUV plowed through a crowd in front of Beijing’s Forbidden City before crashing and catching fire, killing five, including the vehicle’s three occupants. Police blamed the attack on Muslim separatists from the Uighur ethnic minority group.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Another case of Chinese people taking revenge on society...
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120178
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Suspect in China car rampage that killed 11 wanted 'revenge on society'   Suspect in China car rampage that killed 11 wanted 'revenge on society' Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2018 12:00 pm

Every time something like this happens I'm going to show it to the dumb fucking morons who believe that gun control or refusing to name the shooter after a tragedy will prevent other mass killings from happening. China has implemented both policies and it hasn't stopped jack shit. 

Enesbrietchvonfrederitch wrote:

Well let's be fair here, is it any different from an American, British, German, French, or Finnish mass murderer from taking "revenge" on society?

PostSubject: Re: Suspect in China car rampage that killed 11 wanted 'revenge on society'   Suspect in China car rampage that killed 11 wanted 'revenge on society' Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2018 1:41 pm

He killed and injured more than most Shooters. Jared Laughner, William Atchinson, Randy Stair, Elliot Rodger, Pekka Eric Auvinen, all killed less with guns.
Maybe it could be a form of Chinese motorsport where they try and kill and injure as many people as possible with a vehicle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suspect in China car rampage that killed 11 wanted 'revenge on society'   Suspect in China car rampage that killed 11 wanted 'revenge on society' Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2018 1:48 pm

Enesbrietchvonfrederitch wrote:

Well let's be fair here, is it any different from an American, British, German, French, or Finnish mass murderer from taking "revenge" on society?
No, but most rampage attacks in China the perpetrators cleary say their motives as taking revenge on society.
Back to top Go down
James411

Contribution Points : 84796
Forum Reputation : 89

PostSubject: Re: Suspect in China car rampage that killed 11 wanted 'revenge on society'   Suspect in China car rampage that killed 11 wanted 'revenge on society' Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 7:15 pm

Pretty crazy, its always interesting to hear stuff that happens in China and Japan.
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85628
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Suspect in China car rampage that killed 11 wanted 'revenge on society'   Suspect in China car rampage that killed 11 wanted 'revenge on society' Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2018 5:48 am

Chinese Khalid Masood.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91742
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: Suspect in China car rampage that killed 11 wanted 'revenge on society'   Suspect in China car rampage that killed 11 wanted 'revenge on society' Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2018 5:14 pm

I've noticed Asia has a lot of Vehicle ramming/stabbing attacks.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suspect in China car rampage that killed 11 wanted 'revenge on society'   Suspect in China car rampage that killed 11 wanted 'revenge on society' Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2018 1:13 am

I thought the whole "revenge on society" thing was a statement that the Chinese government makes after nearly every single one of these incidents.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Suspect in China car rampage that killed 11 wanted 'revenge on society'   Suspect in China car rampage that killed 11 wanted 'revenge on society' Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2019 11:12 am

NSAhoneypot wrote:
I thought the whole "revenge on society" thing was a statement that the Chinese government makes after nearly every single one of these incidents.
Well the incidents probably have similar motives then.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suspect in China car rampage that killed 11 wanted 'revenge on society'   Suspect in China car rampage that killed 11 wanted 'revenge on society' Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2019 3:05 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:

A lot of these stabbing attacks seem to be directed towards children in particular. I wonder why that is.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Suspect in China car rampage that killed 11 wanted 'revenge on society'   Suspect in China car rampage that killed 11 wanted 'revenge on society' Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2019 3:28 pm

AntiSocial-MasterDebater wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:

A lot of these stabbing attacks seem to be directed towards children in particular. I wonder why that is.
Well I believe it's that they hate society so much that they want to attack those who society cares about the most.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 72769
Forum Reputation : 330

PostSubject: Re: Suspect in China car rampage that killed 11 wanted 'revenge on society'   Suspect in China car rampage that killed 11 wanted 'revenge on society' Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2019 3:34 pm

AntiSocial-MasterDebater wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:

They're easier to attack/kill than adults, and I imagine that someone interested in striking out at society in general would want to cause the maximum amount of suffering for the community.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suspect in China car rampage that killed 11 wanted 'revenge on society'   Suspect in China car rampage that killed 11 wanted 'revenge on society' Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 1:08 am

I suppose im more interested as to why these attacks happen so frequently in China specifically. Im surprised that they don't happen in the west as often as they do there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suspect in China car rampage that killed 11 wanted 'revenge on society'   Suspect in China car rampage that killed 11 wanted 'revenge on society' Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suspect in China car rampage that killed 11 wanted 'revenge on society'
Page 1 of 1