Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 
 

 Dylan's crushes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
thelmar

avatar

Posts : 116
Contribution Points : 7965
Join date : 2018-07-15

PostSubject: Dylan's crushes   Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:40 pm

Sorry to start a new thread on something I'm sure has been talked about already but I spent a bunch of time searching the board and couldn't find what I was looking for.

Two of my questions have to do with Marla Foust and one with Kristen-

First, I know there's been discussion of Marla writing something to Dylan in Voices of Columbine but I've never seen it. I've seen the letter Susan Dewitt wrote to Eric. Does anyone have a copy of or a link to what Marla wrote? If not, is it certain that she did write something?

Second, is it true that Dylan asked Marla to the prom? I know she said it in her police statement but everything else I've read, including statements from Robyn, Nate, and Sue Klebold say that Dylan hated dances and didn't want to go to prom but was doing it as a favor to Robyn. Is there any corroboration that he actually asked Marla?

Third, I've seen a number of times people mentioning that Dylan had a date with Kristen (I'm assuming Thiebault). When did this occur, what did they do/ where did they go?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4104
Contribution Points : 64743
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's crushes   Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:53 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Sorry to start a new thread on something I'm sure has been talked about already but I spent a bunch of time searching the board and couldn't find what I was looking for.

Two of my questions have to do with Marla Foust and one with Kristen-

First, I know there's been discussion of Marla writing something to Dylan in Voices of Columbine but I've never seen it. I've seen the letter Susan Dewitt wrote to Eric. Does anyone have a copy of or a link to what Marla wrote? If not, is it certain that she did write something?

Second, is it true that Dylan asked Marla to the prom? I know she said it in her police statement but everything else I've read, including statements from Robyn, Nate, and Sue Klebold say that Dylan hated dances and didn't want to go to prom but was doing it as a favor to Robyn. Is there any corroboration that he actually asked Marla?

Third, I've seen a number of times people mentioning that Dylan had a date with Kristen (I'm assuming Thiebault). When did this occur, what did they do/ where did they go?



Ah Dylan and his loves... I still always ponder what Sue meant when she said thatone of the girls didn’t know who he was. I don’t know if she means she took it from his writings she didn’t know or they asked her about it and she said she didn’t know Dylan.

The prom thing does sound a little sketchy to me. Because you’re right he didn’t want to go and he didn’t even know when it was. So I don’t know if she’s exaggerating. I know a bunch of them hung out a few times (Marla, Dylan and others) . As far as Kristen that was something that Alex marsh had said. Then Kristen said in the 11 K she thought they might be dating. I don’t really know how she thought they were dating. I also don’t know how if he was dating all these girls how he didn’t get that kind of status from Cullen lol

Also if she was his halcyon girl and I think he would jump at the chance to go to Prom with her

Another interesting thing is Katie Thompson is supposedly someone that wrote something in class about Eric. And she is the one that supposedly was afraid of him. Yet she is in his planner a lot. Marla is the one that supposedly wrote about Dylan in class.

I though Susan was the one who wrote to Eric in Voices of Columbine.


_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
thelmar

avatar

Posts : 116
Contribution Points : 7965
Join date : 2018-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's crushes   Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:09 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Ah Dylan and his loves... I still always ponder what Sue meant  when she said thatone of the girls didn’t know who he was. I don’t know if she means she took it from his writings she didn’t know  or they asked her about it and she said she didn’t know Dylan.

The prom thing does sound a little sketchy to me. Because you’re right he didn’t want to go and he didn’t even know when  it was. So I don’t know if she’s exaggerating. I know a bunch of them hung out a few times (Marla, Dylan and others) . As far as Kristen that was something that Alex marsh had said. Then Kristen said in the 11 K she thought they might be dating. I don’t really know how she thought they were dating. I also don’t know how if he was dating all these girls how he didn’t get that kind of status from Cullen lol

Also if she was his halcyon girl and I think he would jump at the chance to go to Prom with her

Another interesting thing is Katie Thompson is supposedly someone that wrote something in class about Eric. And she is the one that supposedly was afraid of him. Yet  she is in his planner a lot. Marla  is the one that supposedly wrote about Dylan in class.

I though Susan was the one who wrote to Eric in Voices of Columbine.


Yes, it was Susan's tribute to Eric that showed up in Voices of Columbine and I've seen that one. I've never seen anything Marla wrote of Dylan.

I don't believe that Katie Thompson was afraid of Eric. I recall a teacher saying Katie wrote something about Eric in class (after Columbine) and one of her teachers saying she had a crush on him because he was a senior. She also went to lunch with him not long before the attack. I think the being afraid of him thing is something her friend and her mom believed, who knows why, but maybe because THEY weren't comfortable with her friendship with him and were trying to justify things in some way after the fact. Nothing in Katie's police statement suggests she felt any threat from Eric.

I do remember Cory Friesen saying something in the 11k about Dylan recently having a date with Kristen, but I guess I always just assumed he actually meant Robyn and was referring to prom. The only thing I remember reading from Kristen in the 11k (pg. 10897) doesn't mention Eric or Dylan at all, police were just asking her about Perry. It's only like one paragraph, which is odd because several people identified her as a member of the TCM. You'd think they'd be asking her more questions.  
I remember in a NY Times article she called Dylan her "best friend" and I remember thinking it seemed like everyone was claiming his as a best friend at that point, except for someone who had actually been his best friend once upon a time and then did a complete 180 when the sh*t hit the fan (Zach).

Now that you mention it, I do remember Alex Marsh saying something about she thought that Kristen might be dating Dylan. I've never been sure how to interpret her statements. She comes off in interviews as someone who knew E & D really well and then in her police statement she said Dylan probably didn't know her name and that she only knew them because some of her friends knew them. One of the many, many, many things in this case that confuse me!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 5859
Contribution Points : 65990
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's crushes   Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:32 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I've never been sure how to interpret her statements. She comes off in interviews as someone who knew E & D really well and then in her police statement she said Dylan probably didn't know her name and that she only knew them because some of her friends knew them. One of the many, many, many things in this case that confuse me!



This is the same issues I have with the witness interviews too. It is just hard to tell what is actual facts or simple embellishments in their statements. No

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4104
Contribution Points : 64743
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's crushes   Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:33 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I've never been sure how to interpret her statements. She comes off in interviews as someone who knew E & D really well and then in her police statement she said Dylan probably didn't know her name and that she only knew them because some of her friends knew them. One of the many, many, many things in this case that confuse me!



This is the same issues I have with the witness interviews too.  It is just hard to tell what is actual facts or simple embellishments in their statements. No

I think Alex also said they never said racist things around her and she wouldn’t have tolerated it because she was Mexican.

It was her or Robyn who said if they liked you they were the sweetest guys and if they didn’t you had to watch out.

The statements always did seem all over the place.

I’ve always found it interesting how people claimed Dylan as their best friend. I wonder If it was because he was a good listener so they felt like he was the only one they could talk to when they couldn’t talk to anyone else. I get the feeling he didn’t share a lot about himself except to maybe Eric and Zach

The person Dylan always thought was his best friend had nothing kind to say about him after. I found that interesting because of how Devon was after. She never denied their friendship.




_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
SandraSmit19

avatar

Posts : 89
Contribution Points : 50514
Join date : 2013-05-08
Age : 35
Location : The Lowlands

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's crushes   Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:26 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
The only thing I remember reading from Kristen in the 11k (pg. 10897) doesn't mention Eric or Dylan at all, police were just asking her about Perry. It's only like one paragraph, which is odd because several people identified her as a member of the TCM. You'd think they'd be asking her more questions.

That's a recurring issue in the 11k. Some people get interviewed three or four times, even though they have nothing to say and some people who would have tons of things to tell them get maybe one telephone call and that's it. It's so frustrating to think about all the information that was lost simply because nobody ever bothered to ask.

_________________
I don't trust joggers, they're the ones always finding the bodies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 5859
Contribution Points : 65990
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's crushes   Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
The only thing I remember reading from Kristen in the 11k (pg. 10897) doesn't mention Eric or Dylan at all, police were just asking her about Perry. It's only like one paragraph, which is odd because several people identified her as a member of the TCM. You'd think they'd be asking her more questions.

That's a recurring issue in the 11k. Some people get interviewed three or four times, even though they have nothing to say and some people who would have tons of things to tell them get maybe one telephone call and that's it. It's so frustrating to think about all the information that was lost simply because nobody ever bothered to ask.


True! Jeffco wasn't well known for their follow thru on police work. Haha

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4104
Contribution Points : 64743
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's crushes   Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:32 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
The only thing I remember reading from Kristen in the 11k (pg. 10897) doesn't mention Eric or Dylan at all, police were just asking her about Perry. It's only like one paragraph, which is odd because several people identified her as a member of the TCM. You'd think they'd be asking her more questions.

That's a recurring issue in the 11k. Some people get interviewed three or four times, even though they have nothing to say and some people who would have tons of things to tell them get maybe one telephone call and that's it. It's so frustrating to think about all the information that was lost simply because nobody ever bothered to ask.


True! Jeffco wasn't well known for their follow thru on police work. Haha

I spoke to someone who was in the cafeteria who was at the table where the bombs were planted and said she remembered Eric shooting at her and then running out.

She was interviewed over the summer and couldn't remember much. It wasn't until around Christmas of 1999 that she was able to have a good sense of exactly what happened. They are interviewing young and traumatized kids. The media is descending on them like crazy. It's a really hard time and they are expected to all be junior detectives. It is as nuts as the people who want to know why a bunch of 15 years olds didn't band together in the library and jump Eric and Dylan.... yea because that is what you should do at the angry guys with the shotguns and bombs screaming at you.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 5859
Contribution Points : 65990
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's crushes   Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:56 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
It is as nuts as the people who want to know why a bunch of 15 years olds didn't band together in the library and jump Eric and Dylan.... yea because that is what you should do at the angry guys with the shotguns and bombs screaming at you.


True!  Those kids were probably to scared to even spell their own names right at that time, much less hatch some scatter brained attempt of overpowering Eric or Dylan.  

It's always easy to say what you would do in a certain situation, but a whole different ballpark if you were to ever find yourself there.

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4104
Contribution Points : 64743
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's crushes   Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
It is as nuts as the people who want to know why a bunch of 15 years olds didn't band together in the library and jump Eric and Dylan.... yea because that is what you should do at the angry guys with the shotguns and bombs screaming at you.


True!  Those kids were probably to scared to even spell their own names right at that time, much less hatch some scatter brained attempt of overpowering Eric or Dylan.  

It's always easy to say what you would do in a certain situation, but a whole different ballpark if you were to ever find yourself there.

Exactly. I am sure if you asked Val and John Savage in early April of that year what they would do if they were faced with someone who was going to kill them they would have had very different answers than "I would scream at him and for help" or "I would calmly ask him what he was doing and then ask him if he was planning on killing me..."


_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 5859
Contribution Points : 65990
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's crushes   Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
It is as nuts as the people who want to know why a bunch of 15 years olds didn't band together in the library and jump Eric and Dylan.... yea because that is what you should do at the angry guys with the shotguns and bombs screaming at you.


True!  Those kids were probably to scared to even spell their own names right at that time, much less hatch some scatter brained attempt of overpowering Eric or Dylan.  

It's always easy to say what you would do in a certain situation, but a whole different ballpark if you were to ever find yourself there.

Exactly. I am sure if you asked Val and John Savage in early April of that year what they would do if they were faced with someone who was going to kill them they would have had very different answers than "I would scream at him and for help" or "I would calmly ask him what he was doing and then ask him if he was planning on killing me..."



Again very true indeed.

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Dylan's crushes
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» How the types flirt
» Crushes
» Crushes and Mates Info
» These renegades are going to give me a heart attack...
» Alexander Blake (The Bolt)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: