Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sheriff John Stone's loose lips

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Sheriff John Stone's loose lips Empty
PostSubject: Sheriff John Stone's loose lips   Sheriff John Stone's loose lips Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2018 8:59 am

For a man to have such a long and distinguished history in law enforcement Stone sure caused Jeffco grief every time he opened his mouth!   Rolling Eyes

Also I'm just wondering if Brooks ever got that apology?   Haha
Back to top Go down
SandraSmit19

SandraSmit19

Contribution Points : 102294
Forum Reputation : 235

PostSubject: Re: Sheriff John Stone's loose lips   Sheriff John Stone's loose lips Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2018 11:19 am

Is it wrong to be sceptical about how good a witness Nathan Vanderau is? He was in the cafeteria when the shooting began. He saw Dylan in the cafeteria, then ran into the auditorium. He heard gunshots come from somewhere and then ran out. I understand about the guy on the roof, he wasn't to know that wasn't a shooter but in his statements he never mentions seeing two people in the cafeteria, just Dylan. He never mentions anyone 'shooting down at us' and he never mentions the library at all. So how is it that he is 'mapping out' the killing spree? He was there for only a few minutes before he ran out the main east entrance.

And yes, Sheriff Stone was a blabber mouth Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Sheriff John Stone's loose lips   Sheriff John Stone's loose lips Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2018 12:31 pm

SandraSmit19 wrote:
Is it wrong to be sceptical about how good a witness Nathan Vanderau is?

And yes, Sheriff Stone was a blabber mouth Very Happy

Not at all. I am a huge skeptic and find this better then just blindly accepting things at face value, and never questioning anything.

Also Stone really did make things worse on everyone by his near constant release of statements that hadn't been verified, or were just factually wrong.  Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheriff John Stone's loose lips   Sheriff John Stone's loose lips Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2018 6:31 pm

I don't remember the exact video, but right after the shooting Stone did an interview in which we calls E&D "gentlemen"... then stops to correct himself, "No, I don't want to call these two gentlemen..."... fuckin' lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheriff John Stone's loose lips   Sheriff John Stone's loose lips Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2018 7:10 pm

evadjams wrote:
I don't remember the exact video, but right after the shooting Stone did an interview in which we calls E&D "gentlemen"... then stops to correct himself, "No, I don't want to call these two gentlemen..."... fuckin' lol

I'm sure the entire department held their breath every time he talked to the press. They had to be just waiting to see what would come out of his mouth, as they wondered on how to do damage control. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192899
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Sheriff John Stone's loose lips   Sheriff John Stone's loose lips Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 12:59 am

Oh lord I accidentally referred to them as the gentleman as well once....

Then I called them the boys to someone when I was emailing my friend about the case. Then I realized she must’ve thought it was weird calling them the boys

PostSubject: Re: Sheriff John Stone's loose lips   Sheriff John Stone's loose lips Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 9:46 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Then I called them the boys to someone when I was emailing my friend about the case. Then I realized she must’ve thought it was weird calling them the boys

It could have been worse. At least you didn't refer to them as my boys. Haha
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Sheriff John Stone's loose lips   Sheriff John Stone's loose lips Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 10:37 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

It could have been worse. At least you didn't refer to them as my boys. Haha

True facts!!!

lol!

The boys Is an accurate statement. They were boys....

It’s interesting when people talk about them like they were 30-year-olds and they were goofy kids who had something snap

PostSubject: Re: Sheriff John Stone's loose lips   Sheriff John Stone's loose lips Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 10:53 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
It’s interesting when people talk about them like they were 30-year-olds and they were goofy kids who had something snap

I think this likely stems from the fact that both E&D were capable of thinking/acting like adult's at times.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Sheriff John Stone's loose lips   Sheriff John Stone's loose lips Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 11:11 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I think this likely stems from the fact that both E&D were capable of thinking/acting like adult's at times.

I agree . They were very intelligent. I know even Devon had mentioned that Dylan was much more mature than most teenagers she knew.

Then you have things like woo-hoo new pen and booga booga

PostSubject: Re: Sheriff John Stone's loose lips   Sheriff John Stone's loose lips Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 11:16 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I agree . They were very intelligent. I know even Devon had mentioned that Dylan was much more mature than most teenagers she knew.

Then you have things like woo-hoo new pen and booga booga

Roll
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119628
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Sheriff John Stone's loose lips   Sheriff John Stone's loose lips Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 12:57 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

And legally speaking Eric was an adult.

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Sheriff John Stone's loose lips   Sheriff John Stone's loose lips Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 1:27 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

True.

He was barely 18 though. Legally that doesn’t matter

PostSubject: Re: Sheriff John Stone's loose lips   Sheriff John Stone's loose lips Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 2:30 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Agreed. From a legal stand point Eric was considered an adult. But we all know that age has NOTHING to do with maturity levels.

But despite being able to rattle of some very un-teenage like thoughts at times, Eric and Dylan both still had some very childish behaviors. Both had a certain degree of naivety to them. Basically they were still trapped in that crossover space of little boys learning to be men.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sheriff John Stone's loose lips   Sheriff John Stone's loose lips Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sheriff John Stone's loose lips
Page 1 of 1