Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Im not ashamed thoughts

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kerea2244
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 46981
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Im not ashamed thoughts   Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:30 pm

What are your thoughts about im not ashamed??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy QTR
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 31892

PostSubject: Re: Im not ashamed thoughts   Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:44 pm

It's compete trash and Christian propaganda. The way they make the bullies use PG-13 insults is laughable.

-Michael Ryan

"Loneliness has followed me for my whole life."

-Travis Bickle

"I don't have a single friend and I won't in the future. I'll be ignored because I'm ugly. I'm lower than trash because at least the trash gets recycled."

-Tomohiro Katō

"I will become a serial killer, a mad killer. Why? Because I am frustrated and I do not want to die alone, because I have had a shitty life. I want to feel powerful and free just once."

-Richard Durn

"A beautiful environment can be the darkest hell if you have to experience it all alone."

-Elliot Rodger
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
ShadowedGoddess
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 77395
Forum Reputation : 54

PostSubject: Re: Im not ashamed thoughts   Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:48 pm

I am in agreement with Tommy. It's mainly a religious puff piece.

''I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for religion—I have shuddered at it. I shudder no more—I could be martyred for my religion—Love is my religion—I could die for that.''                                                                                                                                      
                                                        -John Keats (1795-1821)

“Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.”

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kerea2244
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Im not ashamed thoughts   Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:50 pm

Its the most inaccurate movie ive ever watched. But I do have respect for it since it produced (I think) by her family
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SavageGlocker

Contribution Points : 5801

PostSubject: Re: Im not ashamed thoughts   Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
It's compete trash and Christian propaganda. The way they make the bullies use PG-13 insults is laughable.
F A R T K N O C K E R

"Does this darkness have a name? This cruelty, this hatred. How did it find us, did it steal into our lives or did we seek it out and embrace it? What happened to us that we now send our children into the world like we send young men to war, hoping for their safe return but knowing some will be lost along the way. When did we lose our way? Consumed by the shadows, swallowed whole by the darkness. Does this darkness have a name...is it your name?" - Lucas Scott, One Tree Hill
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kerea2244
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Im not ashamed thoughts   Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:34 pm

F A R T K N O C K E R
Roll LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy QTR
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 31892

PostSubject: Re: Im not ashamed thoughts   Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:36 pm

F A R T K N O C K E R
When I first saw that scene I actually laughed at how stupid it was, like that's not even a word, why would they say that of all things? That and the "dork bowling" scene is some of the most inaccurate portrayals of bullying in Columbine there is.

-Michael Ryan

"Loneliness has followed me for my whole life."

-Travis Bickle

"I don't have a single friend and I won't in the future. I'll be ignored because I'm ugly. I'm lower than trash because at least the trash gets recycled."

-Tomohiro Katō

"I will become a serial killer, a mad killer. Why? Because I am frustrated and I do not want to die alone, because I have had a shitty life. I want to feel powerful and free just once."

-Richard Durn

"A beautiful environment can be the darkest hell if you have to experience it all alone."

-Elliot Rodger
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Kerea2244
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Im not ashamed thoughts   Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:37 pm

I wish they could make a columbine movie (with the shooters and victims)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 77486
Forum Reputation : 103

PostSubject: Re: Im not ashamed thoughts   Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:24 pm

First initial thought it "well you should be"

There are many inaccuracies which surprise me because it is so easily fixed. Rachel's hair for one, the implied Dylan crush on Rachel, they were NOT in video class together HFH was part of Eric's business class I believe and he got a really good grade on it.. also many of Rachel's friends boycotted it too. Which says a lot.

cory M

Contribution Points : 3600

PostSubject: Re: Im not ashamed thoughts   Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:46 am

I was forced to watch it with my mother for Mother's Day. She was in tears at the end.

Frankly, they could've made a movie honoring Rachel Scott without perpetuating all the myths about her life. Also, the actor who played Eric was, what, 30?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pixie13

Contribution Points : 5490
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Im not ashamed thoughts   Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:21 am

I get why the Scott family believe the myths around Rachel's death. They need to believe that her death had some purpose, that she was somehow ordained for martyrdom to make sense of a random, senseless death.
Same as Brian Rohrbough needs to blame the fact evolution not creationism was taught in schools. He needs an answer to an unanswerable question, "Why my child?".
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Im not ashamed thoughts   Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:49 am

I do too Pixie

I think Rachel’s mom is the one that told Sue that what happened was inevitable and there’s nothing anyone could do to stop it. Something along the lines of Dylan was born to murder her daughter which is a horrible thing to say.

Pixie13

Contribution Points : 5490

PostSubject: Re: Im not ashamed thoughts   Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:31 pm

It's really horrible. I often wonder how Craig sees it, Why was it God that saved him but took Rachel? Was she the golden child because she died? Having survivor's guilt must be hard enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Mein Gott

Contribution Points : 2785

PostSubject: Re: Im not ashamed thoughts   Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:20 pm

A piece of Christian propaganda. I respect that Rachel's family wants to somehow make sense of a senseless, horrible death of a poor young girl by portraying her as some sorts of predestined martyr, but there's been many more people at work in the production of the movie, people who should have realized how unrespectful and inaccurate was. Yet they chose to go on with it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kerea2244
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Im not ashamed thoughts   Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:47 pm

Tbh, they should've made a movie with other victims like cassie bernall or even Isaiah shoels. Rachel should had a movie that's actually accurate and isn't that Christian. Hell, why don't they make a movie about the shooters and victims
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Im not ashamed thoughts   Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:39 pm

Tbh, they should've made a movie with other victims like cassie bernall or even Isaiah shoels. Rachel should had a movie that's actually accurate and isn't that Christian. Hell, why don't they make a movie about the shooters and victims

There’s a movie about Lauren Townsend which is heartbreaking. It’s on YouTube

I’d love to write a movie based on A Mothers Reckoning or about Eric’s life....

hvernon

Contribution Points : 22641

PostSubject: Re: Im not ashamed thoughts   Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:52 pm

It's sad that it seems like Rachael's parents like to milk her death for money. You think they would want to portray their daughter accurately, at least to what they want to believe about her. I mean making her and Dylan interested in each other? Really? Sorta seems like a slap in the face. They could have done something else in her honor. It's just really sad to me that they keep doing this. I get they want to believe she died a martyr. And that's fine, if that's how it helps them process her death. Who am I judge? But just... some of the other things they did with the movie. Some of the other falsehoods. I don't get it. Even with people that knew her protesting. Why do it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 49032
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: Im not ashamed thoughts   Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:04 am

Its a decent movie as long as you treat it as fiction. If you treat it like a doco you will have a bad time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 37546
Forum Reputation : 45

PostSubject: Re: Im not ashamed thoughts   Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:03 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'd take a movie based on Cullenbine any day of the week before I would accept this piece of garbage.

View user profile
ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: Im not ashamed thoughts   Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:15 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'd take a movie based on Cullenbine any day of the week before I would accept this piece of garbage.

I don't think I could force myself to watch a Cullenbine Doc. Making my way through his book was bad enough! Haha

''I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for religion—I have shuddered at it. I shudder no more—I could be martyred for my religion—Love is my religion—I could die for that.''                                                                                                                                      
                                                        -John Keats (1795-1821)

“Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.”

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Im not ashamed thoughts   Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:32 pm

I don't think I could force myself to watch a Cullenbine Doc. Making my way through his book was bad enough! Haha

And we’d have a young Christian Slater type actor as Eric Harris...maybe Penn Badgley and Sloth from Goonies as Dylan....

It would be ridiculous

“Greetings and Salutations Dylan...... how’d you like to go on a killing spree?”

“No thank you “

“I have a Dr.Pepper slushie for you....”

“Ok Eric! Let’s do it”

ShadowedGoddess

PostSubject: Re: Im not ashamed thoughts   Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:39 pm

And we’d have a young Christian Slater type actor as Eric Harris...maybe Penn Badgley and Sloth from Goonies as Dylan....

It would be ridiculous

“Greetings and Salutations Dylan...... how’d you like to go on a killing spree?”

“No thank you “

“Ok Eric! Let’s do it”

Well now that I think about how fucking HILARIOUS and totally wrong the whole thing would be, I do think I would try to watch it! scratch

But I would likely strain an eye from all the rolling. Rolling Eyes Haha

-John Keats (1795-1821)

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Im not ashamed thoughts   Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:47 pm

It would be ridiculous

“No thank you “

“Ok Eric! Let’s do it”

Well now that I think about how fucking HILARIOUS and totally wrong the whole thing would be, I do think I would try to watch it! scratch

But I would likely strain an eye from all the rolling. Rolling Eyes Haha

Lol it could be good for the cringe

Imagine the recreation of the basement tapes?

Why is Eric always JD from Heathers to me? Kidding

Lunkhead McGrath
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 22474

PostSubject: Re: Im not ashamed thoughts   Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:54 am

It's a mediocre movie in and of itself, but there have been worse Christian films, like Kirk Cameron's garbage. I did find the portrayal of Rachel somewhat believable as a *teenage girl*, very confused about what she actually believes and full of angst. Whether or not it was accurate to the real Rachel, well it probably was only somewhat. But most movies make teenagers FAR too articulate because they're reading movie dialogue, and then there's all the 27 year old actors playing teenagers. I can't really accuse INA of too much of *that*.

Columbine enthusiasts who have memorized every Columbine detail will throw a fit over what the movie gets wrong, even only slightly wrong. One kid is obviously supposed to be Brooks Brown, and Rachel taking a giggly Asian kid to prom in place of Nick Baumgart is hilarious.

I disagree with the post that says "FARTKNOCKER" isn't an insult real high school kids use. I was 16 in 1999 and I can remember people saying that!! I went to a Midwestern school, too--Midwesterners are dorky, y'know!

The movie did *not* really make Rachel a total saint. I have to give it credit for that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HanShotFirst

Contribution Points : 4650

PostSubject: Re: Im not ashamed thoughts   Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:45 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Would be interesting to see the dude who played Dylan get to flex his acting skills more in movies with higher production values. Personally I get a very Kylo Ren vibe

katherinex

Contribution Points : 10806

PostSubject: Re: Im not ashamed thoughts   Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:29 am

It's funny cos didn't Rachel's friends boycott the film? I wonder if any of the Scott family kept in touch with any of her friends after she died. You look at Lauren's dad and stepmom who support Anne-Marie even after all this time. It was shown in 13 Families. I thought it was amazing that something good came out of tragedy for her family.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 37546
Forum Reputation : 45

PostSubject: Re: Im not ashamed thoughts   Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:42 am

It's a mediocre movie in and of itself

Correction: it would be if this was a fictional story about a fictional school shooting. 

This movie purports itself to be a truthful retelling of events and the whole thing is a clusterfuck of falsehoods. That's enough for me to consider it a failure of a film.

View user profile
Lunkhead McGrath
Top Contributor

PostSubject: asdfasdf   Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:02 am

Would be interesting to see the dude who played Dylan get to flex his acting skills more in movies with higher production values. Personally I get a very Kylo Ren vibe

He's in "I, Tonya" for a brief bit as one of Tonya's nasty boyfriends. She beats the crap out of him for touching her.

I wouldn't wish looking like Dyldo on my worst enemy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Im not ashamed thoughts   Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:10 am

He's in "I, Tonya" for a brief bit as one of Tonya's nasty boyfriends.  She beats the crap out of him for touching her.  

Obligatory Dylan was not ugly post.

Smile Razz

Lunkhead McGrath
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Im not ashamed thoughts   Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:22 pm

He's in "I, Tonya" for a brief bit as one of Tonya's nasty boyfriends.  She beats the crap out of him for touching her.  

Obligatory Dylan was not ugly post.

Smile Razz

All "Dylan was not ugly posts" are in response to me, I'm the one who keeps saying it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Im not ashamed thoughts
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next