Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Timeline of suicides

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
thelmar

thelmar

Contribution Points : 82007
Forum Reputation : 3068

Timeline of suicides Empty
PostSubject: Timeline of suicides   Timeline of suicides Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2018 10:04 am

Two things-
First, I've searched for the question I'm about to ask and haven't been able to find it. I'm certain it's been discussed at some point on the board, so if anyone has suggestions for me in how I can be more efficient/ effective in my board searches, I'd appreciate it!Very Happy

Second, I've always been a little skeptical of the Jeffco timeline of events and was wondering if anyone can link me to any sources for it. CNN has a timeline which purports to come from Jeffco but there are a lot of factual mistakes on it (like Dylan killed Danny Rohrbaugh) so I'm looking for something within the 11k or a police statement, etc.

I believe, officially, the time of death for E & D was between 12:05- 12:08 pm. But some of the staff hiding in the library reported hearing a short burst of gunfire at around 1:00 pm and I think I recall reading that some of the officers outside the school reported returning fire around 12:30 pm or so. I, in no way, shape, or form believe that there was anyone else involved in the attack on Columbine, so please don't take me for a conspiracy theorist. I'm just trying to reconcile the discrepancies. I realize there may be no answer because everyone was terrified and with no access to a clock it can be impossible to estimate time. But, if the answer is out there, I'd like to find it!
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95424
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Timeline of suicides   Timeline of suicides Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2018 10:18 am

I think they used the body temps/decomp/rigor to also aid the timeline. However the bodies were certainly not processed as soon as they could have been and that also involves trusting Jeffco with their determinations.

I am skeptical of Jeffco as well but I am also skeptical of witness timelines. Witnesses are not always aware of everything esp in such a high stress situation. And in reading the 11k you can find testimonies of people that were absolutely positive of the exact time something happened based on outside things like the hall bells for example and then realizing that that person was very wrong with what time it actually was. So when I hear that people heard guns at 1pm I don't jump to believe it

Add to the fact that the police outside were shooting at shadows for a long time after E&D died and I think that could have been what was heard

properground

Contribution Points : 57399
Forum Reputation : 108

PostSubject: Re: Timeline of suicides   Timeline of suicides Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2018 2:14 pm

I think all we can say definitively is that Eric died first. You may want to look into Patrick Ireland's statement, as he was the one who heard the "coughing". I don't remember what time that was, though.
Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

Contribution Points : 63089
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Timeline of suicides   Timeline of suicides Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2018 3:38 pm

One thing I'm thinking about is that Ireland describes gaining consciousness and hearing coughing, he doesn't mention any gunfire before that? Isn't it weird if Dylans gunfire made him gain consciousness but Erics didn't?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Timeline of suicides   Timeline of suicides Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2018 3:49 pm

munchkinphone wrote:
One thing I'm thinking about is that Ireland describes gaining consciousness and hearing coughing, he doesn't mention any gunfire before that? Isn't it weird if Dylans gunfire made him gain consciousness but Erics didn't?

He does not mention gun fire, only hearing what he believes is a coughing sound. People have speculated that to be Dylan taking his last breath or drowning in his own blood.
Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

Contribution Points : 63089
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Timeline of suicides   Timeline of suicides Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2018 4:27 pm

Yes, I believe this indicates Eric and Dylan killed themselves almost at the exact same time OR it was so far apart that Patrick was unconscious when Eric killed himself and somehow drifted to a more conscious state in which Dylans suicide shot was what woke him up. Otherwise Patrick should've heard at least one gunshot.
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 79172
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: Timeline of suicides   Timeline of suicides Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2018 4:46 pm

The "Wanton Violence at Columbine High" report has a timeline with some of the reports of gunfire a bit after the supposed suicides, like 12:12 or something.

As I understand, the CNN bit is JeffCo's report, and they originally did think Dylan killed Danny R until the El Paso Report.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Timeline of suicides   Timeline of suicides Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Timeline of suicides
Page 1 of 1