Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Did eric die first?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DanielGardner

DanielGardner

Contribution Points : 6926
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Did eric die first?   Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:54 am

Ive heard alot of people discussing how eric shot himself first before dylan, but i remember reading how someone (i think patti nielson) heard them count to three amd then shoot themselves at the same time. Is that information inacurate?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SavageGlocker

SavageGlocker

Contribution Points : 8054
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Did eric die first?   Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:56 am

Yes, it is.

PostSubject: Re: Did eric die first?   Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:04 pm

I think enough evidence exists to prove that Eric did in fact die first. The famous count down has been speculated on for years.

Although I have watched/heard/read somewhere that Patti herself even said that there was no count down, and that something she had said was misinterpreted.

I just can't place where I came across it at the moment. scratch
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 91549
Forum Reputation : 216

PostSubject: Re: Did eric die first?   Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:13 pm

We also know Dylan lit a Molotov cocktail and Eric's brain matter was underneath it. Dylan also is asphyxiated on his own blood and was coughing for about five minutes

And there has been word that he took his jewelry off first.

I still wonder about the jewelry thing that's never really been confirmed for me. If there has been confirmation please let me know

PostSubject: Re: Did eric die first?   Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:27 pm

@Screamingophelia wrote:

I still wonder about the jewelry thing that's never really been confirmed for me. If there has been confirmation please let me know

@Screamingophelia  That has always intrigued me as well. IF he did take something off I wonder why he did. AND if he didn't remove anything then who did and for what purpose? scratch

Last edited by ShadowedGoddess on Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Did eric die first?   Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:30 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  That has always intrigued me as well. IF he did take something off I wonder why, he did. AND if he didn't remove anything then who did and for what purpose? scratch

Also why did he keep his ring on? If it was Dylan who took it all off, why keep the ring?

katherinex

Contribution Points : 13081

PostSubject: Re: Did eric die first?   Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:40 pm

I think the countdown came from that film Zero Day where the characters in there do count down before they shoot themselves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
evelynssye

Contribution Points : 9078

PostSubject: Re: Did eric die first?   Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:03 pm

I don't have a source, but I read/recall hearing that the coroner took off Dylan's jewelry in the library.

PostSubject: Re: Did eric die first?   Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:43 pm

@evelynssye wrote:
I don't have a source, but I read/recall hearing that the coroner took off Dylan's jewelry in the library.

If that is true, then it makes zero sense to me. scratch Why would anything be removed while the body was still in the library? Especially something as small and unimportant as his jewelry?

Other then the SWAT checking for weapons, booby trap bombs, or signs of life, etc, nothing should have been removed at that time.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 43983
Forum Reputation : 355

PostSubject: Re: Did eric die first?   Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:49 am

I thought Dylan took it off himself?

View user profile
Subdomine

Subdomine

Contribution Points : 2225

PostSubject: Re: Did eric die first?   Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:37 pm

I've heard its based on the condition of the molotov table after the suicides, with Harris' brain matter under the cocktail, but that's just what I heard
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Off Topic Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 41129
Forum Reputation : 131

PostSubject: Re: Did eric die first?   Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:39 am

I didn't see this before but yes the cops started removing Dylan's jewelry in the library. They began to do so, then the bomb squad came over and stated they wanted to search the body again so the removal was halted and was not finished. You can find this in the 11k and I believe I have posted a ss of it here before.

View user profile
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 41708

PostSubject: Re: Did eric die first?   Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:47 pm

We can tell Eric died first from Dylan's brain splatter on his leg. The countdown is a myth, and the coroner took off Dylan's jewelry. The coroner also stated Dylan was alive for a very short time after shooting himself due to blood in his lungs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Did eric die first?   Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:54 pm

We can tell Eric died first from Dylan's brain splatter on his leg. The countdown is a myth, and the coroner took off Dylan's jewelry. The coroner also stated Dylan was alive for a very short time after shooting himself due to blood in his lungs.

Patrick heard him coughing for a couple minutes before he died

rebel2013

Contribution Points : 56185

PostSubject: Re: Did eric die first?   Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:45 pm

I know people think I am weird for saying this but thats sad :/ painful way to go.. not smart Dylan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Did eric die first?   Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:31 pm

I know people think I am weird for saying this but thats sad :/ painful way to go.. not smart Dylan

Most likely he was unconscious and it was an automated response from his body

View user profile
hvernon
Top Contributor
hvernon

Contribution Points : 28172
Forum Reputation : 178

PostSubject: Re: Did eric die first?   Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:20 pm

Most likely he was unconscious and it was an automated response from his body

Absolutely he was unconscious and it was just a reaction from his body. He probably was supposed to commit suicide in a similar way to Eric, but saw what it did and chickened out. So, he didn't quite shoot himself "correctly" in order to just die immediately.

"...we will be free, to explore the vast wonders of the stars. To cascade down everlong waterfalls, & thru the warmest seas of pure happiness... no limits... no limits. Nothing will stop us. "

-Dylan Klebold
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rebel2013

Contribution Points : 56185

PostSubject: Re: Did eric die first?   Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:17 pm

Just makes me cringe thinking about it.. like him holding a gun to his stomach at RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joebox97

joebox97

Contribution Points : 14202

PostSubject: Re: Did eric die first?   Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:54 am

I am more keen to believe that they didn't say any goodbyes to each other, I think eric probably just sat down and shot himself before dylan had noticed what he was doing. This makes sense as the faster you do it the less time you have to rethink it/get scared.

There is talks that after Dylan seen erics head blown off he got hesitant and nervous and paced in the library for a few mins and lighting a molotov before shooting himself.

Not sure why he saved a 9mm for his suicide bullet, I'd much rather of tried the shotgun
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Did eric die first?   Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:13 am

I am more keen to believe that they didn't say any goodbyes to each other, I think eric probably just sat down and shot himself before dylan had noticed what he was doing.

This is what I believe as well. I think it was quick. Dylan was doing his own thing and boom Eric was dead

View user profile
joebox97

joebox97

PostSubject: Re: Did eric die first?   Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:26 am

I am more keen to believe that they didn't say any goodbyes to each other, I think eric probably just sat down and shot himself before dylan had noticed what he was doing.

This is what I believe as well.  I think it was quick.  Dylan was doing his own thing and boom Eric was dead

I wonder if Dylan thought that they would do something like a countdown, I mean technically the way it went down Dylan had to kill himself alone anyway, something he was terrified of which is why NBK was his plan not to die alone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Did eric die first?   Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:35 am

This is what I believe as well.  I think it was quick.  Dylan was doing his own thing and boom Eric was dead

I wonder if Dylan thought that they would do something like a countdown, I mean technically the way it went down Dylan had to kill himself alone anyway, something he was terrified of which is why NBK was his plan not to die alone.

They had a hand gesture for killing themselves. I don't really know if they used any of the handsignals they planned to use that day. But I highly doubt they actually did the suicide one. I can't really explain it and have no proof obviously... just a feeling.

View user profile
slippy123

slippy123

PostSubject: Re: Did eric die first?   Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:28 am

I think that there wasn't much talk at all before they committed suicide. I can see Eric saying "mission complete" or "it's time" to Dylan and just sitting down and pulling the trigger. Dylan probably saw Eric with his head blown off for a few seconds, closed his eyes and pulled the trigger.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joebox97

joebox97

PostSubject: Re: Did eric die first?   Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:44 am

I think that there wasn't much talk at all before they committed suicide. I can see Eric saying "mission complete" or "it's time" to Dylan and just sitting down and pulling the trigger. Dylan probably saw Eric with his head blown off for a few seconds, closed his eyes and pulled the trigger.

I still believe he paced. I think their suicide shots were more than a few mins apart
Back to top Go down
View user profile
slippy123

slippy123

PostSubject: Re: Did eric die first?   Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:50 am

I still believe he paced. I think their suicide shots were more than a few mins apart

Knowing how bad Dylan wanted to die for all those previous years I doubt it. With Eric dead, and the possibility the swat team could bust in at any moment, I don't think he wasted any more time then he had to.
Maybe a good 10-15 seconds after seeing Eric end it is what I think. He had no reason to pace and draw out the inevitable, there was only one option.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joebox97

joebox97

PostSubject: Re: Did eric die first?   Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:02 pm

Knowing how bad Dylan wanted to die for all those previous years I doubt it. With Eric dead, and the possibility the swat team could bust in at any moment, I don't think he wasted any more time then he had to.
Maybe a good 10-15 seconds after seeing Eric end it is what I think. He had no reason to pace and draw out the inevitable, there was only one option.

Yes he wanted to die and commit suicide but he also lit the molotov after eric shooting himself and before he shot himself. Even suicidal people can be scared of dying and be hesitant. I'm not saying he paced for 10 mins, but maybe a 2-3 mins including him setting up the molotov.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
slippy123

slippy123

PostSubject: Re: Did eric die first?   Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:18 pm

Yes he wanted to die and commit suicide but he also lit the molotov after eric shooting himself and before he shot himself. Even suicidal people can be scared of dying and be hesitant. I'm not saying he paced for 10 mins, but maybe a 2-3 mins including him setting up the molotov.

I'm pretty sure Dylan lit the Molotov before Eric killed himself by the way Eric's brain matter was burnt onto the desk, and they had to scrape it off.
The only way the matter would be stuck to the table is if it was there before it was lit on fire, which forensics proved.
So Dylan probably threw the Molotov 10 or so seconds before Eric killed himself.
So again there was really nothing for Dylan to do to make him walk around for 2 minutes alone, with the swat team possibly at the door.

Last edited by slippy123 on Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 43983
Forum Reputation : 355

PostSubject: Re: Did eric die first?   Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:33 pm

Not sure why he saved a 9mm for his suicide bullet, I'd much rather of tried the shotgun

He was probably disgusted after seeing Eric's head get almost literally blown to pieces. As absurd as it seems, I think he wanted a "cleaner" death.

View user profile
slippy123

slippy123

PostSubject: Re: Did eric die first?   Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:38 pm

He was probably disgusted after seeing Eric's head get almost literally blown to pieces. As absurd as it seems, I think he wanted a "cleaner" death.

I can't imagine what Dylan was thinking when he saw Eric with half his head blown off.
Like yes they just got done killing people, but to see your "best friend" die in such a brutal way, I can totally see Dylan wanting to go out in a cleaner way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joebox97

joebox97

PostSubject: Re: Did eric die first?   Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:52 pm

Yea but he saved a 9mm bullet in his boot for his suicide so even before he seen eric dead he was planning to do it with the 9mm
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Did eric die first?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next