Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 
 

 Q & A panel

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4490
Contribution Points : 77486
Forum Reputation : 103
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

PostSubject: Q & A panel    Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:42 pm

After the film We are Columbine There is going to be a panel discussion after about the movie and media, gun control etc. Are there any questions you guys think you would like to ask and maybe I can write them down


I didn’t really ask Sue anything at the Symposium. So I was hoping to think of possible questions to ask

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
bradt93



Posts : 377
Contribution Points : 25212
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-12-21
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Q & A panel    Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
After the film We are Columbine There is going to be a panel discussion after about the movie and media, gun control etc. Are there any questions you guys think you would like to ask and  maybe I can write them down


I didn’t really ask Sue anything at the Symposium. So I was hoping to think of possible questions to ask
Is Sue going to be there?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4490
Contribution Points : 77486
Forum Reputation : 103
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Q & A panel    Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:36 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
After the film We are Columbine There is going to be a panel discussion after about the movie and media, gun control etc. Are there any questions you guys think you would like to ask and  maybe I can write them down


I didn’t really ask Sue anything at the Symposium. So I was hoping to think of possible questions to ask
Is Sue going to be there?

Maybe in the audience.

I mentioned it because I was expressing regret for not asking her anything, it just wasn’t an appropriate time.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2719
Contribution Points : 37546
Forum Reputation : 45
Join date : 2017-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Q & A panel    Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:10 am

Ask why they think it happened. I want to know what idiotic reason they'll come up with.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neah
Top Contributor
avatar

Posts : 887
Contribution Points : 17943
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-06-11
Location : France

PostSubject: Re: Q & A panel    Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:32 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Ask why they think it happened. I want to know what idiotic reason they'll come up with.

What a test. They are probably praying and hoping that no Columbine specialist will be in the room. Imagine if our Screamingophelia, the noble representative of this great forum, starts contesting the depiction of Eric and Dylan and noting all the inaccuracies. It would be a very long Q&A for the movie team...

Unfortunately every time I could ask a question to an interesting person I have no interesting and original question to ask. A month ago I met Gaspar Noé and I had nothing to ask, I was very disappointed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Screamingophelia
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4490
Contribution Points : 77486
Forum Reputation : 103
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Q & A panel    Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:22 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Ask why they think it happened. I want to know what idiotic reason they'll come up with.

What a test. They are probably praying and hoping that no Columbine specialist will be in the room. Imagine if our Screamingophelia, the noble representative of this great forum, starts contesting the depiction of Eric and Dylan and noting all the inaccuracies. It would be a very long Q&A for the movie team...

Unfortunately every time I could ask a question to an interesting person I have no interesting and original question to ask. A month ago I met Gaspar Noé and I had nothing to ask, I was very disappointed.

QM that would be a good question actually and how on a local level can we prevent future tragedies?

Neah, your post made me smile!

Can you imagine me “yes, great film, but if you reference page 557 of the 11k you will see how your film is inaccurate. Now there was an interview with Chad Lauglin and he said this and in Erics final journal entry he references how no one wants to be around him, thus indicating his inherent loneliness. Please explain how you came up with your contradictions”

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Screamingophelia
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4490
Contribution Points : 77486
Forum Reputation : 103
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Q & A panel    Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:59 pm

I looked up what page 557 in the 11k was about and it is part of John Savage's interview!

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Neah
Top Contributor
avatar

Posts : 887
Contribution Points : 17943
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-06-11
Location : France

PostSubject: Re: Q & A panel    Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I looked up what page 557 in the 11k was about and it is part of John Savage's interview!

Haha, I hope you are revising your lesson well, so that you are ready for the big day!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Screamingophelia
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4490
Contribution Points : 77486
Forum Reputation : 103
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Q & A panel    Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I looked up what page 557 in the 11k was about and it is part of John Savage's interview!

Haha, I hope you are revising your lesson well, so that you are ready for the big day!

Absolutely! I didn't realize that John was a part of the TCM then quit because he started working on plays..

I didn't realize you could "quit' the TCM since it wasn't really a group...

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Tommy QTR
Top 10 Contributor


Posts : 1653
Contribution Points : 31892
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-12-28
Age : 16
Location : My own personal Hell

PostSubject: Re: Q & A panel    Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:31 pm

Ask if there is anything that could of been done differently to prevent it from happening.

_________________
"Hungerford must be in a bit of a mess. I wish I had stayed in bed."

-Michael Ryan

"Loneliness has followed me for my whole life."

-Travis Bickle

"I don't have a single friend and I won't in the future. I'll be ignored because I'm ugly. I'm lower than trash because at least the trash gets recycled."

-Tomohiro Katō

"I will become a serial killer, a mad killer. Why? Because I am frustrated and I do not want to die alone, because I have had a shitty life. I want to feel powerful and free just once."

-Richard Durn

"A beautiful environment can be the darkest hell if you have to experience it all alone."

-Elliot Rodger
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Screamingophelia
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4490
Contribution Points : 77486
Forum Reputation : 103
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Q & A panel    Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:37 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Ask if there is anything that could of been done differently to prevent it from happening.

I like that question!

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Lizpuff
Off Topic Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2210
Contribution Points : 36143
Forum Reputation : 23
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Q & A panel    Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:47 am

I would like to see if anyone brings up video games and movies as reasons for these sorts of tragedies. Not that you should ask about them but it seems someone always does. At least you will be able to refute that!

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neah
Top Contributor
avatar

Posts : 887
Contribution Points : 17943
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-06-11
Location : France

PostSubject: Re: Q & A panel    Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:27 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I would like to see if anyone brings up video games and movies as reasons for these sorts of tragedies.  Not that you should ask about them but it seems someone always does.  At least you will be able to refute that!

On the same topic, IDK if that could apply to the movie, and my questions are super badly phrased, but you'll get what I mean I hope:

- Do you have the impression that, by making a movie about Columbine (even from the point of view of the victims), you also to some extent enable Eric and Dylan's name to be remembered and show how "effective" and impacting their attack was? (I don't really know how to phrase it, I don't mean this question to be an accusation, I want to know if this was something they thought, if it was an issue they had to deal with).

-Was it difficult to talk about Eric and Dylan or show images of them without misrepresenting them but also avoiding to glorify them or making them appear too relatable or pathetic (inciting sympathy)?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Screamingophelia
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4490
Contribution Points : 77486
Forum Reputation : 103
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Q & A panel    Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:14 am

I like these questions too!

I am interested in if the focus is ONLY on the victims/survivors and maybe they won't even mention Eric and Dylan...

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Lizpuff
Off Topic Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2210
Contribution Points : 36143
Forum Reputation : 23
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Q & A panel    Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:57 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I like these questions too!

I am interested in if the focus is ONLY on the victims/survivors and maybe they won't even mention Eric and Dylan...

I am not sure if there would be a way to not mention them.... at least not in a smooth way.

Although if it is still as raw as they make it out to seem it might be something they don't want brought up

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2719
Contribution Points : 37546
Forum Reputation : 45
Join date : 2017-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Q & A panel    Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:31 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I am interested in if the focus is ONLY on the victims/survivors and maybe they won't even mention Eric and Dylan...

If they go that route could you ask them why they think not naming killers is a good idea? If they answer back with "it gives them notoriety and encourages copycats" I'd appreciate it if you answer back with "but the rate of mass killings are exactly the same in China, where the media refuses to name any killers", but if you think that's too confrontational then you don't have to.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pixie13



Posts : 99
Contribution Points : 5490
Forum Reputation : 10
Join date : 2018-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Q & A panel    Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:20 am

I'm not sure if it is an appropriate question but I'd be interested in knowing why they think that some victims are more well-known/ had more media coverage than others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
hallywayhomicide

avatar

Posts : 63
Contribution Points : 3473
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-10-12
Age : 15
Location : ireland

PostSubject: Re: Q & A panel    Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:28 am

anything related to Dave Cullen, kinda interested on their opinion
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4490
Contribution Points : 77486
Forum Reputation : 103
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Q & A panel    Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:00 am

I am interested in what they feel about Cullen too, I have spoken to some people who were underclassman who think it is accurate but other who say it is not.

I would also like to learn what they think about certain victims being more well known or a bit more "held up" than others.

What was most visually striking to me is when visiting the cemetery on the 19th anniversary and seeing the amount of flowers on Rachel's grave and Corey's being next to hers and looking almost bare. I put a bouquet of yellow flowers on Coreys

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
hallywayhomicide

avatar

Posts : 63
Contribution Points : 3473
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-10-12
Age : 15
Location : ireland

PostSubject: Re: Q & A panel    Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:08 am

yeah in a lot of tragedys there are victims more "held up" then others, especially the parkland shooting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4490
Contribution Points : 77486
Forum Reputation : 103
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Q & A panel    Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:16 am

People in Littleton almost still treat Dylan as their lost son who went astray because of the mean Eric Harris who came into their town and corrupted him. It's interesting.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Neah
Top Contributor
avatar

Posts : 887
Contribution Points : 17943
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-06-11
Location : France

PostSubject: Re: Q & A panel    Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:41 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I would also like to learn what they think about certain victims being more well known or a bit more "held up" than others.

What was most visually striking to me is when visiting the cemetery on the 19th anniversary and seeing the amount of flowers on Rachel's grave and Corey's being next to hers and looking almost bare. I put a bouquet of yellow flowers on Coreys

I don't know if that would be appropriate if there are victims, and the question may be difficult to phrase without making them feel embarrassed or guilty of something. Because it is not their fault, maybe some families took advantage of the shooting but the direct victims were teenagers back then and they only suffered. In fact I don't even know if they would be able to take a step back to give an objective answer. It is hard to know what are the limits with such sensitive topics...
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Screamingophelia
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4490
Contribution Points : 77486
Forum Reputation : 103
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Q & A panel    Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:54 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I would also like to learn what they think about certain victims being more well known or a bit more "held up" than others.

What was most visually striking to me is when visiting the cemetery on the 19th anniversary and seeing the amount of flowers on Rachel's grave and Corey's being next to hers and looking almost bare. I put a bouquet of yellow flowers on Coreys

I don't know if that would be appropriate if there are victims, and the question may be difficult to phrase without making them feel embarrassed or guilty of something. Because it is not their fault, maybe some families took advantage of the shooting but the direct victims were teenagers back then and they only suffered. In fact I don't even know if they would be able to take a step back to give an objective answer. It is hard to know what are the limits with such sensitive topics...

It is a hard question to ask. Especially to people associated with these tragedies. However it is an interesting conversation to have

Like if you look at the way Devon and Brooks and I think Nick talked about Rachel’s funeral they were really upset about it and they were really upset about the movie. Because all these people were making Rachel out to be someone she wasn’t. Nothing they were doing was honoring Rachel for who she was!

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Neah
Top Contributor
avatar

Posts : 887
Contribution Points : 17943
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-06-11
Location : France

PostSubject: Re: Q & A panel    Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:01 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I would also like to learn what they think about certain victims being more well known or a bit more "held up" than others.

What was most visually striking to me is when visiting the cemetery on the 19th anniversary and seeing the amount of flowers on Rachel's grave and Corey's being next to hers and looking almost bare. I put a bouquet of yellow flowers on Coreys

I don't know if that would be appropriate if there are victims, and the question may be difficult to phrase without making them feel embarrassed or guilty of something. Because it is not their fault, maybe some families took advantage of the shooting but the direct victims were teenagers back then and they only suffered. In fact I don't even know if they would be able to take a step back to give an objective answer. It is hard to know what are the limits with such sensitive topics...

It is a hard question to ask. Especially to  people associated with these tragedies. However it is an interesting conversation to have

Like if you look at the way Devon and Brooks and I think Nick  talked about Rachel’s funeral they were really upset about it and they were really upset about the movie. Because all these people were making  Rachel out to be someone she wasn’t. Nothing they were doing was honoring Rachel for who she was!

Yeah, there is also the case of Cassie Bernall, which is to me the most controversial portrayal by the family and the medias.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
rebel2013



Posts : 35
Contribution Points : 52859
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Q & A panel    Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:50 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
People in Littleton almost still treat Dylan as their lost son who went astray because of the mean Eric Harris who came into their town and corrupted him. It's interesting.


What do you mean by that? I have alway's heard that Littleton hated him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tragiccityrn



Posts : 14
Contribution Points : 3075
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Q & A panel    Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:51 am

When is this doc/film supposed to be released?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4490
Contribution Points : 77486
Forum Reputation : 103
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Q & A panel    Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
People in Littleton almost still treat Dylan as their lost son who went astray because of the mean Eric Harris who came into their town and corrupted him. It's interesting.


What do you mean by that? I have alway's heard that Littleton hated him.

Just a few people who were older than me kind of came off as forgiving him and mostly shunning Eric

It was more of a vibe I get

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Screamingophelia
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4490
Contribution Points : 77486
Forum Reputation : 103
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Q & A panel    Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:18 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
When is this doc/film supposed to be released?


It’s runnimg independently now. I’m not sure if it’s a wide release.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
thelmar

avatar

Posts : 164
Contribution Points : 10510
Forum Reputation : 10
Join date : 2018-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Q & A panel    Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:


What was most visually striking to me is when visiting the cemetery on the 19th anniversary and seeing the amount of flowers on Rachel's grave and Corey's being next to hers and looking almost bare. I put a bouquet of yellow flowers on Coreys

Thank you for doing that. I never understood why Corey, Lauren, and John Tomlin, in particular, never got more praise. Corey was reassuring Austin and Jennifer Doyle that things would be ok, John Tomlin held Nicole Nowlen's hand to comfort her even though they were strangers, and Lauren held Val Schnurr and told her it'd be alright. They were compassionate and giving even though they were probably terrified themselves. But no one ever talks about that and it bugs me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4490
Contribution Points : 77486
Forum Reputation : 103
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Q & A panel    Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:


What was most visually striking to me is when visiting the cemetery on the 19th anniversary and seeing the amount of flowers on Rachel's grave and Corey's being next to hers and looking almost bare. I put a bouquet of yellow flowers on Coreys

Thank you for doing that. I never understood why Corey, Lauren, and John Tomlin, in particular, never got more praise. Corey was reassuring Austin and Jennifer Doyle that things would be ok, John Tomlin held Nicole Nowlen's hand to comfort her even though they were strangers, and Lauren held Val Schnurr and told her it'd be alright. They were compassionate and giving even though they were probably terrified themselves. But no one ever talks about that and it bugs me.

Yes, when I heard the story about Lauren I cried. I feel like no one knows about their compassion and bravery.

There was something in the 11k about a girl still holding on to Lauren during the shooting and I always thought that was Val because I think Lauren probably didn't let go of her.

I think one of the boys who were killed asked "haven't you done enough" I am not sure if that's true or who said it...

I would never negate the lives lost but no one died because of their faith etc.. they died for no freaking reason.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
 
Q & A panel
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: