Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sandy hook step by step

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DanielGardner

DanielGardner

Contribution Points : 55650
Forum Reputation : 83

Sandy hook step by step Empty
PostSubject: Sandy hook step by step   Sandy hook step by step Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2018 5:26 pm

Adam Lanza brought 10 30 round magazines. Four in his vest, four in his cargo pants, and two taped together in the gun. He first loaded his AR-15, ejecting a live round. He then fired 8 shots into the front doors, breaking the glass and entering the building. The principal, Dawn Hochsprung, the school psychologist, Mary Sherlach and another teacher Natalie Hammond then confronted him, resulting in them being shot at 6 times, killing Hochsprung and Sherlach and wounding Hammond twice. Lanza then fired an additional 11 shots into the two bodies. Another teacher, who was a substitute kindergarten teacher, was closing a door further down the hallway, when she was hit in the foot with a bullet that ricocheted. He then entered room 10 where he killed the first adult in the room, Victoria Soto, with the last 4 rounds of the first magazine. As he reloaded, Jesse Lewis shouted at everyone to run. 9 students ran to safety during this delay. When Lanza reloaded, he shot Jesse once in the head, killing him. He then fired the remaining 29 rounds and killed four other students (three died on scene, one died later in the hospital) and the teachers aide Anne Marie Murphy, who was found covering the body of Dylan Hockley. Lanza then reloaded again, ejecting one live round, and moved on to room 8. There he found teacher Lauren Rousseau and behavioral therapist Rachel D’avino attempting to barricade 16 students into the bathroom. He fired all 29 shots at them. He reloaded, stepped closer, and fired 20 more shots at them. His gun jammed, so he reloaded again, stepped even closer, and fired 16 more shots at them at point blank range. 14 students and the 2 teachers were killed on scene, and one student died later at the hospital. Only one student in room 8 survived. Lanza then reloaded and moved back to room 10, where two students who he never found were hiding in the bathroom. He fired 15 shots at the windows before his gun jammed again. He then discarded the rifle. He took out one of his handguns and cocked it four times, ejecting four live rounds. He then put it to the back of his head and fired, taking his own life.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Is this accurate? Did I miss anything? Does anyone know any more details that I might have left out?
Back to top Go down
Kerea2244
Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

Contribution Points : 122925
Forum Reputation : 40

PostSubject: Re: Sandy hook step by step   Sandy hook step by step Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2018 5:29 pm

You got it all right. I think you missed the part about how Olivia Engel was found by police + had a faint pulse but died later (unless you did and im just not reading it Razz)

Contribution Points : 49795
Forum Reputation : 30

PostSubject: Re: Sandy hook step by step   Sandy hook step by step Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2018 4:12 pm

I've heard reports that Lanza banged on Maryrose Kristopik's music room door, yelling, "Let me in!" after he left room 8. I'm not sure if it's confirmed though.
Back to top Go down
Clogerhead

Clogerhead

Contribution Points : 49943
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Sandy hook step by step   Sandy hook step by step Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2018 6:18 pm

carokann wrote:
I've heard reports that Lanza banged on Maryrose Kristopik's music room door, yelling, "Let me in!" after he left room 8. I'm not sure if it's confirmed though.

It is confirmed.

"A quick-thinking music teacher at Sandy Hook Elementary School found a secure spot for her students as soon as she heard the first salvo from the shooter’s gun.
Killer Adam Lanza arrived moments later at their locked closet door, pounding and yelling “Let me in,” while the students in Maryrose Kristopik’s class quietly hid inside, AFP reported."

From a Huffington Post article titled "Nicholas Sabillon, Sandy Hook Student, Recalls Killer Pounding On His Classroom Door"
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
carokann

PostSubject: Re: Sandy hook step by step   Sandy hook step by step Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2018 9:16 pm

Clogerhead wrote:
carokann wrote:

It is confirmed.

"A quick-thinking music teacher at Sandy Hook Elementary School found a secure spot for her students as soon as she heard the first salvo from the shooter’s gun.
Killer Adam Lanza arrived moments later at their locked closet door, pounding and yelling “Let me in,” while the students in Maryrose Kristopik’s class quietly hid inside, AFP reported."

From a Huffington Post article titled "Nicholas Sabillon, Sandy Hook Student, Recalls Killer Pounding On His Classroom Door"
Spoiler:

Thanks! It's not clear from that where in the timeline it would fit. "Moments later" seems to suggest it may have been before he entered the other rooms, but I did some cursory research and can't figure out exactly when he banged on the door.
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 82296
Forum Reputation : 523

PostSubject: Re: Sandy hook step by step   Sandy hook step by step Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2018 10:14 pm

carokann wrote:
Clogerhead wrote:
carokann wrote:

It is confirmed.

Spoiler:

Thanks!  It's not clear from that where in the timeline it would fit. "Moments later" seems to suggest it may have been before he entered the other rooms, but I did some cursory research and can't figure out exactly when he banged on the door.
I would suggest that it was not actually Lanza but someone else who was frightened by the shooting and hoping to take cover in the closet. This report came out very early on and I doubt that it was fact checked by anyone. This incident was never mentioned in any official account so I would guess that it was explored and found to be a misunderstanding. Take a look at the map of the school. These kids were in their music class at the time of the shooting. By all accounts, Lanza never went down that hall, or anywhere near that room.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
carokann

PostSubject: Re: Sandy hook step by step   Sandy hook step by step Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2018 10:36 pm

sscc wrote:
carokann wrote:
Clogerhead wrote:
carokann wrote:

It is confirmed.

Spoiler:

Thanks!  It's not clear from that where in the timeline it would fit. "Moments later" seems to suggest it may have been before he entered the other rooms, but I did some cursory research and can't figure out exactly when he banged on the door.
I would suggest that it was not actually Lanza but someone else who was frightened by the shooting and hoping to take cover in the closet. This report came out very early on and I doubt that it was fact checked by anyone. This incident was never mentioned in any official account so I would guess that it was explored and found to be a misunderstanding. Take a look at the map of the school. These kids were in their music class at the time of the shooting. By all accounts, Lanza never went down that hall, or anywhere near that room.

Thanks for the clarification! I think you're correct after looking at the map.
Back to top Go down
Clogerhead

Clogerhead

Contribution Points : 49943
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Sandy hook step by step   Sandy hook step by step Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 2:34 am

sscc wrote:
carokann wrote:
Clogerhead wrote:
carokann wrote:

It is confirmed.

Spoiler:

I also agree with you. I found some more of what the interviewed student said:

"Then we heard this glass shatter and we were all scared, and we heard knocking on the class door from the outside. Luckily, we were all quiet, and the guy was talking 'Let me in, let me in!' and we never opened the door."

It just doesn't make sense why they would hear glass breaking followed by Adam knocking on the door. It must have been someone else.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sandy hook step by step   Sandy hook step by step Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 9:26 pm

It's fascinating how he did it all in five minutes, yet it would've felt like a lifetime to him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sandy hook step by step   Sandy hook step by step Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sandy hook step by step
Page 1 of 1