Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Morning of question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192924
Forum Reputation : 1317

Morning of question  Empty
PostSubject: Morning of question    Morning of question  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2018 11:58 pm

I have a bit of a twofold question. Number one I am wanting clarification on if Wayne or Kathy told investigators whether it not they saw Eric in the morning. I got the impression that neither one of them saw him. But I’m thinking if Eric left so early where were they in the morning? Because I vaguely remember a statement saying when they got home in the morning they saw all the evidence on the table and smelled gas? I’m assuming that Eric came back to the house and left all the stuff out then left again while his parents are out for the morning. So Eric gets up he leaves to meet up with Dylan, his parents get up to get ready to go about their day after, he comes back to the house when his parents are gone, they do the final tape they leave and then Wayne and Kathy return, see the evidence, turn on the news, call the police.

Also I’m wondering if there’s a reason that neither of them wanted to see their parents? And also are there any other shooters that saw a family member is in the morning before they went to do what they were going to do? Not counting the ones that killed their parents before

Contribution Points : 56500
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Morning of question    Morning of question  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2018 12:11 am

The reason they didn't want to see their parents is because it understandably would have made everything harder to do. I also believe Eric says this in the basement tapes, something along the lines of "I want to distance myself from my parents and friends so this won't be harder to do." or something like that.

On a side note, I can't even begin to imagine how Eric's parents must have felt coming home and seeing all the evidence. Coming home to look for your son to see if he is OK from the shooting, and coming into his room and seeing leftover bullets, shells, bombs. So sad to think about Sad
Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

Contribution Points : 82032
Forum Reputation : 3068

PostSubject: Re: Morning of question    Morning of question  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2018 8:02 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Number one I am wanting clarification on if Wayne or Kathy told investigators  whether it not they saw Eric in the morning. I got the impression that neither one of them saw him.
Also I’m wondering if there’s a reason that neither of them wanted to see their parents?
I don't know about Kathy but I believe in his 911 call the operator asks Wayne if he had spoken to Eric that day and he says "No, I haven't."
So I think your scenario is correct. He left before his parents were up and then when he came back to the house they were gone. They got all their gear, left all the evidence laying around, and headed to the school.
What I wonder about is, that in his call (or at least the portion I've heard), Wayne doesn't mention, "Hey, my house reeks of gasoline and there's ammunition, etc. laying around. I know my son is involved". He just says he thinks Eric's involved because he heard on the news that it was the work of the Trench Coat Mafia. So, maybe his 911 call wasn't made from his house but from work or another location?

And I second the opinion that it's because it would have made going through with it that much harder to do. They both had to be so keyed up that morning, they were probably either worried that their parents would notice, question them about and they'd crack or that seeing their parents would make them re-think the ramifications of everything and they'd lose their will to do it.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192924
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Morning of question    Morning of question  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2018 8:51 am

thelmar wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
Number one I am wanting clarification on if Wayne or Kathy told investigators  whether it not they saw Eric in the morning. I got the impression that neither one of them saw him.
Also I’m wondering if there’s a reason that neither of them wanted to see their parents?
I don't know about Kathy but I believe in his 911 call the operator asks Wayne if he had spoken to Eric that day and he says "No, I haven't."
So I think your scenario is correct. He left before his parents were up and then when he came back to the house they were gone. They got all their gear, left all the evidence laying around, and headed to the school.
What I wonder about is, that in his call (or at least the portion I've heard), Wayne doesn't mention, "Hey, my house reeks of gasoline and there's ammunition, etc. laying around. I know my son is involved". He just says he thinks Eric's involved because he heard on the news that it was the work of the Trench Coat Mafia. So, maybe his 911 call wasn't made from his house but from work or another location?

And I second the opinion that it's because it would have made going through with it that much harder to do. They both had to be so keyed up that morning, they were probably either worried that their parents would notice, question them about and they'd crack or that seeing their parents would make them re-think the ramifications of everything and they'd lose their will to do it.

Thanks!

I’m remembering something about Eric’s aunt being in town and Kathy going to the airport...

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95449
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Morning of question    Morning of question  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2018 8:15 am

thelmar wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I think they were trying to protect Eric. They smelled the gas, saw the butt of the gun on the bed and all the other evidence and panicked. We know that when the police did show up at his house his mom tried very hard to get them to stay out of Eric's room.

thelmar

thelmar

Contribution Points : 82032
Forum Reputation : 3068

PostSubject: Re: Morning of question    Morning of question  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2018 3:39 pm

Lizpuff wrote:

I think they were trying to protect Eric.  They smelled the gas, saw the butt of the gun on the bed and all the other evidence and panicked.  We know that when the police did show up at his house his mom tried very hard to get them to stay out of Eric's room.

He was already calling 911 to tell them Eric was likely responsible for what was going on; essentially "ratting him out". It doesn't seem like there would be much point for Wayne to elect to tell the operator it was because the media mentioned the TCM and not because they found evidence of criminality at home. One of the many things about this case that confuses me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Morning of question    Morning of question  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Morning of question
Page 1 of 1