Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Twenty years of Columbine

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 56000
Forum Reputation : 20

PostSubject: Twenty years of Columbine   Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:27 pm

We are now less than six months from the twentieth anniversary of Columbine. Doesn't that blow your mind? April 1999 seems like just the other day to me, but it was almost two decades ago.

None of the kids who go to Columbine today were alive on 4/20/99. Some of the kids who were at school on that day now have kids who are older than they were at the time of the massacre.

Aside from Dave Sanders, all of the folks who died on 4/20 have been dead longer than they were alive.

Is there anything left to say? Maybe.

Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 83745
Forum Reputation : 143

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
We are now less than six months from the twentieth anniversary of Columbine. Doesn't that blow your mind? April 1999 seems like just the other day to me, but it was almost two decades ago.

None of the kids who go to Columbine today were alive on 4/20/99. Some of the kids who were at school on that day now have kids who are older than they were at the time of the massacre.

Aside from Dave Sanders, all of the folks who died on 4/20 have been dead longer than they were alive.

Is there anything left to say? Maybe.

It’s really hitting me when I’m thinking about it now. Especially since it’s been six months since I moved to Denver. And I moved  around the 19th anniversary

It’s just really surreal in a lot of ways but it still affects the whole community I think.

What is also hitting me too that 20 years ago tomorrow Eric wrote

someones bound to say "what were they thinking?" when we go NBK or when we were planning it, so this what I am thinking. "I have a goal to destroy as much as possible so I must not be sidetracked by my feelings of sympathy, mercy, or any of that, so I will force myself to believe that everyone is just another monster from Doom like FH or FS or demons, so It's either me or them. I have to turn off my feelings." keep this is mind, I want to burn the world, I want to kill everyone except about 5 people, who I will name later, so If you are reading this you are lucky you escaped my rampage because I wanted to kill you. It will be very tricky getting all of our supplies, explosives, weaponry, ammo, and then hiding it all and then actually planting it all so we can achieve our goal. but if we get busted any time, we start killing then and there, just like Wilks from the AlIENS books, I aint going out without a fight.
Once I finally start my killing, keep this in mind, there are probably about 100 people max in the school alone who I dont want to die, the rest, MUST FUCKING DIE! If I didnt like you or if you pissed me off and lived through my attacks, consider yourself one lucky god damn NIGGER. Pity that a lot of the dead will be a waste in someways, like dead hot chicks who were still bitches, they could have been good fucks. oh well, too fucking bad. life isnt fair... not by a long fuckin shot when Im at the wheel, too. God I want to torch and level everything in this whole fucking area but Bombs of that size are hard to make, and plus I would need a fuckin fully loaded A-10 to get every store on wadsworth and all the buildings downtown. heh, Imagine THAT ya fuckers, picture half of denver on fire just from me and Vodka. napalm on sides of skyscrapers and car garages blowing up from exploded gas tanks.... oh man that would be beautiful. -- 10/23/98

And that was on my 17th birthday. And I’m trying to think about what I was like when I was 17. Not even realizing that six months later I would hear about this angry person. What was I doing? It was on a Friday. But I don’t remember what I did on my 17th birthday.

I don’t remember a lot from 1998-1999 except accepted into college, my grandpa dying and Columbine. I remember those days clearly like they were yesterday

QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 40634
Forum Reputation : 140

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:50 pm

Almost twenty years ago and dozens of people across each of those years would still look up to them and kill in their name. That's what blows my mind the most. I don't think there's been another crime imitated so many times at this point.

View user profile
haydenschool

Contribution Points : 15905
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:58 pm

I wasn't even alive back then and yet seems like a very significant event for me

---STUPID PEOPLE!! Why must so many people be so stupid!?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:21 pm

I wasn't even alive back then and yet seems like a very significant event for me

That’s really Interesting to me. And it’s weird because they always talk about that in the basement tapes that it was going to happen and Lauren and Rachel talked about something big happening to cause a difference in the world....

In a way they were all right

LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:49 pm

Thursday, November 26, 1998

On this day twenty years ago, fifteen people ate Thanksgiving turkey for the last time.

LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:53 pm

On the Sunday before Thanksgiving, Eric wrote the following entry in his journal:

Eric Harris wrote:
Well folks, today was a very important day in the history of R. Today along with Vodka and someone else who I wont name, we went downtown and purchased the following; a double barrel 12ga. shotgun, a pump action 12ga. shotgun, a 9mm carbine, 250 9mm rounds, 15 12ga slugs, 40 shotgun shells, 2 switch blade knives, and total of 4 - 10 round clips for the carbine. we....... have.... GUNS! we fucking got em you sons of bitches! HA! HAHAHA! neener! Booga Booga. heh. its all over now. this capped it off, the point of no return. I have my carbine, shotgun, ammo and knife all in my trunk tonight and theyll there till tomorrow... after school you know its really a shame. I had a lot of fun at that gun show, I would have loved it if you were there dad. we would done some major bonding. would have been great. oh well. but, alas, I fucked up and told [censored] about my "flask". that really disappoints me. [censored] I know you thought it was good for me... in the long run and all that shit, smart of you to give me a such big raise and then rat me out, you figure it was supposed to cancel each other? god damn flask, that just fucked me over big time. now you all will be on my ass even more than before about being on track. I'll get around it though, If have to cheat and lie to everyone then thats fine. THIS is what I am motivated for, THIS is my goal. THIS is what I want to do with my life! you know whats weird, I dont feel like a punching through a door because of the flask deal, probly cause I am fucking armed now. I feel more confident, stronger, and more Godlike. I have confidence in my ability to dese(cei)ve people. hopefully Ill make it to April, but that might not happen. Ug, Its been a busy weekend, I need to sleep, I'll continue tomorrow. - 11/22/98

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:19 pm

On the Sunday before Thanksgiving, Eric wrote the following entry in his journal:

Eric Harris wrote:
Well folks, today was a very important day in the history of R. Today along with Vodka and someone else who I wont name, we went downtown and purchased the following; a double barrel 12ga. shotgun, a pump action 12ga. shotgun, a 9mm carbine, 250 9mm rounds, 15 12ga slugs, 40 shotgun shells, 2 switch blade knives, and total of 4 - 10 round clips for the carbine. we....... have.... GUNS! we fucking got em you sons of bitches! HA! HAHAHA! neener! Booga Booga. heh. its all over now. this capped it off, the point of no return. I have my carbine, shotgun, ammo and knife all in my trunk tonight and theyll there till tomorrow... after school you know its really a shame. I had a lot of fun at that gun show, I would have loved it if you were there dad. we would done some major bonding. would have been great. oh well. but, alas, I fucked up and told [censored] about my "flask". that really disappoints me. [censored] I know you thought it was good for me... in the long run and all that shit, smart of you to give me a such big raise and then rat me out, you figure it was supposed to cancel each other? god damn flask, that just fucked me over big time. now you all will be on my ass even more than before about being on track. I'll get around it though, If have to cheat and lie to everyone then thats fine. THIS is what I am motivated for, THIS is my goal. THIS is what I want to do with my life! you know whats weird, I dont feel like a punching through a door because of the flask deal, probly cause I am fucking armed now. I feel more confident, stronger, and more Godlike. I have confidence in my ability to dese(cei)ve people. hopefully Ill make it to April, but that might not happen. Ug, Its been a busy weekend, I need to sleep, I'll continue tomorrow. - 11/22/98

I thought they got the guns in January at at the Tanner Gun Show...

Though there are a lot of signs around town now for the show being in November.

Don't think I don't want to go just to say that I went to the infamous Tanner Gun Show...

I want to find the interview with the guy who sold them the guns who said Robyn was flirting with Dylan a lot...

In Sue's book she said Robyn, Eric and Dylan went to the Tanner Gun Show on January 23.

I never realized there was a discrepancy.

thelmar

Contribution Points : 12110
Forum Reputation : 110

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:25 am

In Sue's book she said Robyn, Eric and Dylan went to the Tanner Gun Show on January 23.

Sue's mistaken a little bit. The Tanner Gun Show they went to in November was the one at which Robyn purchased the 3 guns for them.

The Tanner Gun Show in January was where they were introduced to Mark Manes by Duran and discussed buying his TEC-9. Pg 8239 of the CR
Manes produced a receipt for January 23, 1999. Manes stated that this receipt was for the purchase of the Ruger, .45 caliber pistol that he bought at the Tanner Gun show on this date. Manes states that Phil Duran, Phil’s dad are at the gun show. Manes believes Phil’s brother is also present but is not sure. Duran had told Manes earlier that two guys from his work might be showing up at the gun show and are interested in his TEC-9. Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold show up at the gun show and are introduced to manes. Duran states to Manes that Eric Harris is interested in buying the TEC-9. While walking around the gun show, Harris and Klebold ask Manes about the TEC-9, so Manes shows Harris and Klebold the TEC-9’s he sees around the gun show and points out the one he has and its accessories. Harris and Klebold ask Manes how much he wants for the TEC-9 and Manes tells them $500.00. Harris and Klebold agree.

On a related note, I have always wondered something and would like insight from others.
In the TCM Dedication that Robyn wrote for the yearbook, it starts out "From hacking and bowling to a downtown day at a certain convention", hacking and bowling were certainly nods to Eric and Dylan, so is the convention she's talking about the gun show?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:32 am

Sue's mistaken a little bit. The Tanner Gun Show they went to in November was the one at which Robyn purchased the 3 guns for them.

The Tanner Gun Show in January was where they were introduced to Mark Manes by Duran and discussed buying his TEC-9. Pg 8239 of the CR
Manes produced a receipt for January 23, 1999. Manes stated that this receipt was for the purchase of the Ruger, .45 caliber pistol that he bought at the Tanner Gun show on this date. Manes states that Phil Duran, Phil’s dad are at the gun show. Manes believes Phil’s brother is also present but is not sure. Duran had told Manes earlier that two guys from his work might be showing up at the gun show and are interested in his TEC-9. Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold show up at the gun show and are introduced to manes. Duran states to Manes that Eric Harris is interested in buying the TEC-9. While walking around the gun show, Harris and Klebold ask Manes about the TEC-9, so Manes shows Harris and Klebold the TEC-9’s he sees around the gun show and points out the one he has and its accessories. Harris and Klebold ask Manes how much he wants for the TEC-9 and Manes tells them $500.00. Harris and Klebold agree.  

On a related note, I have always wondered something and would like insight from others.
In the TCM Dedication that Robyn wrote for the yearbook, it starts out "From hacking and bowling to a downtown day at a certain convention", hacking and bowling were certainly nods to Eric and Dylan, so is the convention she's talking about the gun show?

Thank you!!! That makes more sense. That’s a part of the 11 K that I hadn’t come across. I always thought that they met each other at work. I didn’t realize that they went to the gun show again.

I definitely think the convention she’s talking about is the gun show.

thelmar

Contribution Points : 12110
Forum Reputation : 110

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:39 am

Thank you!!! That makes more sense. That’s a part of the 11 K that I hadn’t come across. I always thought that they met each other at work. I didn’t realize that they went to the gun show again.

I wonder why people don't talk about that more? I mean, I don't think she knew what they were planning but she is inadvertently sorta celebrating the purchase of the guns in this dedication. Given what happened you'd think people would be a bit more offended by that.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:47 am

I wonder why people don't talk about that more? I mean, I don't think she knew what they were planning but she is inadvertently sorta celebrating the purchase of the guns in this dedication. Given what happened you'd think people would be a bit more offended by that.

I think Robyn before that day got kind of a Kick out hanging out with the trenchcoat Mafia and the “bad kids”

I have heard from people that she definitely called Dylan her boyfriend on several occasions. So I think one of the reasons that was pulled from the yearbook was because of the gun show reference.

I think back then it just wasn’t a big deal in the area to buy a gun. I wish I could find this article but what always strikes me and I know I’ve mentioned it before is when he talks about Dylan hanging out with Mark. Nate was really worried that Dylan was going to be doing drugs and he told Dylan that he was worried. Dylan said I’m not doing drugs i am buying a gun in and he wasn’t as worried.

QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:43 pm

Eric Harris wrote:

I know it's probably meant to suggest he could get busted before April, but it almost feels like he's saying "I hope I have enough self-control not to shoot someone before April".

View user profile
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:10 pm

Eric Harris wrote:

I know it's probably meant to suggest he could get busted before April, but it almost feels like he's saying "I hope I have enough self-control not to shoot someone before April".

Or maybe he was just wondering if he could get through the mechanics of having to fool so many people.

One of the most interesting things about Columbine is not the fact that they went ahead and did it, but the fact that neither Eric nor Dylan got caught. There were so many occasions when they came *this* close to being found out, but somehow they got lucky (or unlucky, depending on your perspective).

QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:48 pm

Or maybe he was just wondering if he could get through the mechanics of having to fool so many people.

Yeah, I think that's what he meant too, it just almost feels like there's some other meaning behind it. 

Maybe I'm seeing things where there are none.

View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:17 pm

19 years ago 15 people celebrated their last Christmas with their families, but only 2 of them knew it would be the last.

Rebbie556
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 28086
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:56 pm

4/20/2020 will be 22nd anniversary of the shooting what a weird date... 22nd anniversary 2+2 =4 4th month is April also notice the year :2+0+2+0=4 again
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Twenty years of Columbine   Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:02 pm

5:01 pm in Denver. We’re heading into 2019. 20 years ago. It’s kind of surreal

Twenty years of Columbine
Page 1 of 1