Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Library

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kerea2244
Top Contributor
avatar

Posts : 307
Contribution Points : 44351
Join date : 2018-04-28
Age : 18

PostSubject: Library   Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:29 am

Im NOT including the shooters in this, but how bad was the crime scene in the library??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4310
Contribution Points : 72065
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Library   Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:09 am

From the descriptions I’ve read and just witness statements I imagine it was pretty horrible. Also considering the fact that the first responders in the library I think had PTSD And there were some suicides as well. Just looking at the walk-through video after everyone was taken out of the library it’s pretty graphic

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 6163
Contribution Points : 74417
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Library   Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:13 am

Agreed with Screaming. What video footage we have on the library is very graphic even without the victim's bodies laying there. I don't even want to imagine what it looked like or smelled like when the first responders and SWAT went in.No

_________________
''I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for religion—I have shuddered at it. I shudder no more—I could be martyred for my religion—Love is my religion—I could die for that.''                                                                                                                                      
                                                        -John Keats (1795-1821)

“Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.”

                                                        - Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yumeko-chan



Posts : 152
Contribution Points : 52374
Join date : 2013-03-16
Age : 35
Location : Colorado Springs, CO

PostSubject: Re: Library   Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:28 pm

Um, yeah, watching the firefighter video of the walkthrough should be all you need, but if you wanna get more graphic, I can certainly answer some questions...

_________________
Help with PK's final expenses. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Off Topic Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2149
Contribution Points : 34034
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Library   Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:09 pm

I would assume you could smell the iron in the air.

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 6163
Contribution Points : 74417
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Library   Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I would assume you could smell the iron in the air.  


Among other things. Crying or Very sad

_________________
''I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for religion—I have shuddered at it. I shudder no more—I could be martyred for my religion—Love is my religion—I could die for that.''                                                                                                                                      
                                                        -John Keats (1795-1821)

“Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.”

                                                        - Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kerea2244
Top Contributor
avatar

Posts : 307
Contribution Points : 44351
Join date : 2018-04-28
Age : 18

PostSubject: Re: Library   Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:36 pm

I wonder how graphic the victims bodys were No Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 6163
Contribution Points : 74417
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Library   Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I wonder how graphic the victims bodys were No Sad

If you have ever gone through the autopsy reports, those would give you a good idea at the extent of bodily damage.

_________________
''I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for religion—I have shuddered at it. I shudder no more—I could be martyred for my religion—Love is my religion—I could die for that.''                                                                                                                                      
                                                        -John Keats (1795-1821)

“Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.”

                                                        - Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kerea2244
Top Contributor
avatar

Posts : 307
Contribution Points : 44351
Join date : 2018-04-28
Age : 18

PostSubject: Re: Library   Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:32 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I wonder how graphic the victims bodys were No Sad

If you have ever gone through the autopsy reports, those would give you a good idea at the extent of bodily damage.
Yeah I did
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ld010



Posts : 1
Contribution Points : 775
Join date : 2018-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Library   Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:18 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Um, yeah, watching the firefighter video of the walkthrough should be all you need, but if you wanna get more graphic, I can certainly answer some questions...
Hello Yumeko, I understand you are library survivor Amanda Duran, is it correct? In that case, congratulations for your youtube channel, I watched all of your vids and I d'love for you to soon give an update!
Also, I was wondering what was it like inside the library in the moments between the end of the shooting and the escape from the school. Was it dark from the gunsmoke? did you see anyone's body? did you smell or heard something that you still remember to this day?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lunkhead McGrath
Top Contributor


Posts : 309
Contribution Points : 21649
Join date : 2016-11-03

PostSubject: wanting   Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I wonder how graphic the victims bodys were No Sad

Well a lot of that wondering is precisely because you probably ***never will*** see actual pics/video footage of the library with the dead people still in it.

If you *could* see it....it'd probably just be a bunch of kids lying there with blood all over the place. You'd be shocked, amazed, something you'd always wanted to see and you could finally see it....and then you'd get bored with it and move on. It wouldn't look any different than the San Ysidro massacre which you can go look up footage of.....except that you might get some novelty value out of being able to tell which kid is which.

That's how I felt about the other half of the 1999 class photo, which I'd wanted to see for *years*. Holy crap. HERE IT IS. Hey, there's Lauren! Hey, there's Lisa Kreutz!! Hey, a bunch more 1999 kids with those stupid blonde highlights in their hair!

And after looking at it a few times...that was it. Moving along!!!

I bet the basement tapes would be the same way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miketheratguy

avatar

Posts : 201
Contribution Points : 5309
Join date : 2018-10-16
Age : 40
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Library   Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I wonder how graphic the victims bodys were No Sad

Well a lot of that wondering is precisely because you probably ***never will*** see actual pics/video footage of the library with the dead people still in it.  

If you *could* see it....it'd probably just be a bunch of kids lying there with blood all over the place.   You'd be shocked, amazed, something you'd always wanted to see and you could finally see it....and then you'd get bored with it and move on.  It wouldn't look any different than the San Ysidro massacre which you can go look up footage of.....except that you might get some novelty value out of being able to tell which kid is which.

That's how I felt about the other half of the 1999 class photo, which I'd wanted to see for *years*.  Holy crap.  HERE IT IS.  Hey, there's Lauren!  Hey, there's Lisa Kreutz!!  Hey, a bunch more 1999 kids with those stupid blonde highlights in their hair!  

And after looking at it a few times...that was it.  Moving along!!!

I bet the basement tapes would be the same way.  

I disagree. After following the timeline so closely, watching some of the funerals, reading about these kids for years - sometimes even in their own words - seeing the anguish of their families, committing their smiling faces to memory...I don't think that it would be just a generic dead body that I happen to recognize laying bloodied on the library floor. I think I'd see them as the human beings that they were and feel very real sorrow at their loss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2664
Contribution Points : 34667
Join date : 2017-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Library   Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I bet the basement tapes would be the same way.  

No because then you'd have people bickering and wondering "what does this little detail mean? What does this say about Eric/Dylan's mental state? Let's analyze their tone of voice for answers!" and far from answering any questions would just create a bunch more as people try to interpret the information they'd be given.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4310
Contribution Points : 72065
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Library   Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:33 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I bet the basement tapes would be the same way.  

No because then you'd have people bickering and wondering "what does this little detail mean? What does this say about Eric/Dylan's mental state? Let's analyze their tone of voice for answers!" and far from answering any questions would just create a bunch more as people try to interpret the information they'd be given.

It would be a never ending cycle

Though the one part I’d give my right arm for is the “Dylan you’re Jewish” part. I think Sue and Judy were way too close to this situation and hated Eric

I’ll always agree with Brooks he said He thought their friends should’ve been able to see the tapes because they could’ve given insight

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HanShotFirst

avatar

Posts : 33
Contribution Points : 3900
Join date : 2018-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Library   Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:40 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
From the descriptions I’ve read and just witness statements I imagine it was pretty horrible. Also considering the fact that the first responders in the library I think had  PTSD And there were some suicides as well. Just looking at the walk-through video after everyone was taken out of the library it’s pretty graphic

This is why I scratch my head when people ask why Eric and Dylan killed themselves. If the first responders had mental breakdowns and suicidal tendencies then how can you possibly imagine any other outcome for Eric and Dylan who willingly painted such an atrocious portrait? Once the adrenaline wore off their psychological state must have been just terrible, even more so than it was before. It's one thing to idolize films and fantasize about committing such acts, but it must be a whole other thing to actually do them and see firsthand the end results.

_________________
Minivans are not that much smaller than regular vans and I'll go to the f**king grave before I call them mini again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thelmar

avatar

Posts : 141
Contribution Points : 9310
Join date : 2018-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Library   Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:32 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:


Though the one part I’d give my right arm for is the “Dylan you’re Jewish” part. I think Sue and Judy were way too close  to this situation and hated Eric

OMG- same!! I always thought that seemed ridiculous that Dylan was suddenly in fear of Eric because he was 1/4 Jewish. I think, just like people who look at their high school photos and see "evil", Sue and Judy saw what they wanted to/ would expect to see from Eric the devil. I envision it more as Dylan being embarrassed that he's Jewish (because they tried to act like these hardcore racists) and Eric's response was more like, "Sucks for you, man."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4310
Contribution Points : 72065
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Library   Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:04 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:


Though the one part I’d give my right arm for is the “Dylan you’re Jewish” part. I think Sue and Judy were way too close  to this situation and hated Eric

OMG- same!! I always thought that seemed ridiculous that Dylan was suddenly in fear of Eric because he was 1/4 Jewish. I think, just like people who look at their high school photos and see "evil", Sue and Judy saw what they wanted to/ would expect to see from Eric the devil. I envision it more as Dylan being embarrassed that he's Jewish (because they tried to act like these hardcore racists) and Eric's response was more like, "Sucks for you, man."

I am leaning more towards that too. They were trying to be bad ass and hate everything in Dylan’s like go to Passover with my family...He’s probably like really that sucks.

And who knows maybe Eric wanted to scare him a little bit after Dylan almost shot him?

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 6163
Contribution Points : 74417
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Library   Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:27 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
No because then you'd have people bickering and wondering "what does this little detail mean? What does this say about Eric/Dylan's mental state? Let's analyze their tone of voice for answers!" and far from answering any questions would just create a bunch more as people try to interpret the information they'd be given.


Agreed. This will be the case with the depositions as well when they are finally released. Any new info will be picked apart and discussed down to the smallest detail.  Also any new information will stir up questions that will still be argued over and discussed probably for another 20 years or so.

_________________
''I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for religion—I have shuddered at it. I shudder no more—I could be martyred for my religion—Love is my religion—I could die for that.''                                                                                                                                      
                                                        -John Keats (1795-1821)

“Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.”

                                                        - Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 4310
Contribution Points : 72065
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Library   Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:47 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
No because then you'd have people bickering and wondering "what does this little detail mean? What does this say about Eric/Dylan's mental state? Let's analyze their tone of voice for answers!" and far from answering any questions would just create a bunch more as people try to interpret the information they'd be given.


Agreed. This will be the case with the depositions as well when they are finally released. Any new info will be picked apart and discussed down to the smallest detail.  Also any new information will stir up questions that will still be argued over and discussed probably for another 20 years or so.


I also remember there is was a quote from Lauren’s mom and she said she was looking forward to talking about the depositions. So we will probably hear from the victims families then too. At least some of them.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 6163
Contribution Points : 74417
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Library   Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:45 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
No because then you'd have people bickering and wondering "what does this little detail mean? What does this say about Eric/Dylan's mental state? Let's analyze their tone of voice for answers!" and far from answering any questions would just create a bunch more as people try to interpret the information they'd be given.


Agreed. This will be the case with the depositions as well when they are finally released. Any new info will be picked apart and discussed down to the smallest detail.  Also any new information will stir up questions that will still be argued over and discussed probably for another 20 years or so.


I also remember there is was a quote  from Lauren’s mom and she said she was looking forward to talking about the depositions. So we will probably hear from the victims families then too. At least some of them.


I hope they do discuss their thoughts on what if anything was learned during the depositions.

_________________
''I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for religion—I have shuddered at it. I shudder no more—I could be martyred for my religion—Love is my religion—I could die for that.''                                                                                                                                      
                                                        -John Keats (1795-1821)

“Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.”

                                                        - Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clogerhead

avatar

Posts : 6
Contribution Points : 386
Join date : 2018-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Library   Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:40 pm

I've always wondered how much vomit is present in these types of crime scenes. Blood and dead bodies is obviously the first thing we think of, but considering the amount of physical and emotional pain that the victims go through, along with the disgusting sight and smell of dead bodies, I think there would be a lot of people throwing up.

_________________
"How did the first man alive realize you need to shove shit in your mouth and swallow it to stay alive?" -Randy Stair

"little teen pirn" -Nikolas Cruz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 6163
Contribution Points : 74417
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Library   Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:43 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I've always wondered how much vomit is present in these types of crime scenes. Blood and dead bodies is obviously the first thing we think of, but considering the amount of physical and emotional pain that the victims go through, along with the disgusting sight and smell of dead bodies, I think there would be a lot of people throwing up.


I wouldn't rule it out. No

_________________
''I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for religion—I have shuddered at it. I shudder no more—I could be martyred for my religion—Love is my religion—I could die for that.''                                                                                                                                      
                                                        -John Keats (1795-1821)

“Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.”

                                                        - Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Library   

Back to top Go down
 
Library
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Library duties [Doomquake and Winged Blade]
» Research in the Myth Drannor Library
» Relaxing at the Library
» Attic/Library Room
» Not quite Hogwarts

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: