Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What happened to Eric and Dylan's outfits?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheOne99
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 17587

PostSubject: What happened to Eric and Dylan's outfits?   Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:57 pm

specifically their custom made t-shirts and their trenchcoats. Are they on display somewhere? Are they keep locked up at some FBI headquarters? What happened to them?

"Criminals are made, not born" - Tim Kretschmer

"I'm the god/dictator of my own life" - Pekka-Eric Auvinen

"Being made human Without the possibility of BEING human The cruelest of all punishments." - Dylan Klebold

"fuck you" - William Atchison
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Jenna horse

Contribution Points : 9217

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Eric and Dylan's outfits?   Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:59 pm

The Klebold family got Dylan’s clothes back unknown what happened to Eric’s clothes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheOne99
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Eric and Dylan's outfits?   Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
The Klebold family got Dylan’s clothes back unknown what happened to Eric’s clothes

Weird. I wonder if they sold them or something

"Being made human Without the possibility of BEING human The cruelest of all punishments." - Dylan Klebold

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Jenna horse

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Eric and Dylan's outfits?   Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:01 pm

I don’t know
The Harris family didn’t want Eric’s stuff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 72065

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Eric and Dylan's outfits?   Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:36 pm

Doubtful

I think they’d still have his jewelry and maybe kept his coat. I bet they got rid of his wrath shirt...why would they want to keep that reminder

TheOne99
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Eric and Dylan's outfits?   Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:38 pm

Doubtful

I think they’d still have his jewelry and maybe kept his coat. I bet they got rid of his wrath shirt...why would they want to keep that reminder

Just sell his wrath shirt to some true crime museum lol

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Jenna horse

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Eric and Dylan's outfits?   Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:27 pm

I Know Ms Klebold kept Dylan’s blood Soaked Baseball Hat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Off Topic Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 34034

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Eric and Dylan's outfits?   Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:23 am

There was a trenchcoat on the display of evidence in 2004. Since the Klebolds had Dylan's stuff I think we can safely assume the trenchcoat was Eric's.

View user profile
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Eric and Dylan's outfits?   Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:27 am

Doubtful

Just sell his wrath shirt to some true crime museum lol

I just don’t see his parents making a profit off of Dylan in that way. Though some may disagree with me because of Sue’s book

Pixie13

Contribution Points : 4305

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Eric and Dylan's outfits?   Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:17 am

I'm not always comfortable with Sue's book and especially how she portrays the Dylan/Eric dynamic but I don't think she has ever done anything to profit from Columbine. To me, the book is her way to mitigate Dylan's crimes in a small way and also to confront her own grief.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 34667

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Eric and Dylan's outfits?   Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:20 am

That's kind of creepy tbh, I'd throw that away first chance I got if I was in her position.

View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 74417

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Eric and Dylan's outfits?   Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:30 am

That's kind of creepy tbh, I'd throw that away first chance I got if I was in her position.

You have to realize that Dylan had worn that hat for a long time, also the fact that Sue had hand sewn the B on the back of this hat from a previous one Dylan had worn out. I'm sure there were A LOT of memories tied up it that hat, of seeing Dylan wearing it etc. Sad

''I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for religion—I have shuddered at it. I shudder no more—I could be martyred for my religion—Love is my religion—I could die for that.''                                                                                                                                      
                                                        -John Keats (1795-1821)

“Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.”

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 34667

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Eric and Dylan's outfits?   Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:01 am

You have to realize that Dylan had worn that hat for a long time, also the fact that Sue had hand sewn the B on the back of this hat from a previous one Dylan had worn out. I'm sure there were A LOT of memories tied up it that hat, of seeing Dylan wearing it etc. Sad

Well if it's drenched in blood and maybe even physically ruined I don't think I could bring myself to keep it.

View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 74417

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Eric and Dylan's outfits?   Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:06 am

Well if it's drenched in blood and maybe even physically ruined I don't think I could bring myself to keep it.

True. But its like the old saying- Different strokes for different folks...

''I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for religion—I have shuddered at it. I shudder no more—I could be martyred for my religion—Love is my religion—I could die for that.''                                                                                                                                      
                                                        -John Keats (1795-1821)

“Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.”

- Anaïs Nin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miketheratguy

Contribution Points : 5309

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Eric and Dylan's outfits?   Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:16 am

Yeah I would hope she would have washed it at least. Even if she did, it must have been gut-wrenching to first get it and hold it in her hands. Not only because it was a close reminder of her son, but because the blood of who knows how many dead kids (including her own) was soaked into it. What a morbid keepsake. I can't say I blame her, but it's still morbid.

As for museums, they usually accept things as donations, they don't buy them. I doubt many museums would want to display something like that anyway given the cult following that Eric and Dylan have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Eric and Dylan's outfits?   Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:33 am

Yeah I would hope she would have washed it at least. Even if she did, it must have been gut-wrenching to first get it and hold it in her hands. Not only because it was a close reminder of her son, but because the blood of who knows how many dead kids (including her own) was soaked into it. What a morbid keepsake. I can't say I blame her, but it's still morbid.

As for museums, they usually accept things as donations, they don't buy them. I doubt many museums would want to display something like that anyway given the cult following that Eric and Dylan have.

I wonder if the museum of death would accept them? They have a massive Charles Manson exhibit etc..

miketheratguy

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Eric and Dylan's outfits?   Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:03 pm

I wonder if the museum of death would accept them? They have a massive Charles Manson exhibit etc..

Hmm, good question. Columbine has always seemed morally "off-limits" due to the fear of copycats, the glorification of the killers, etc. It seems like it would be in bad taste for a museum to display the actual clothing worn by school shooters. But hey, not everyone has the same concerns of bad taste. : )
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Neah
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 16428

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Eric and Dylan's outfits?   Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:12 pm

Hmm, good question. Columbine has always seemed morally "off-limits" due to the fear of copycats, the glorification of the killers, etc. It seems like it would be in bad taste for a museum to display the actual clothing worn by school shooters. But hey, not everyone has the same concerns of bad taste. : )

I think it is so much bad taste because the perpetrators and the victims were all kids. They were not some kind of "evil spirit" that is so fascinating with serial killers (although it is probably not that simple with serial killers too but we still like to believe in this myth). Eric and Dylan did that because they were kids that people could not help. They had real issues, they suffered and society failed to help its children. You have to take it seriously, it's not entertainment, it's not a movie-like tragedy, it is something that still happens.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miketheratguy

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Eric and Dylan's outfits?   Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:20 pm

I think it is so much bad taste because the perpetrators and the victims were all kids. They were not some kind of "evil spirit" that is so fascinating with serial killers (although it is probably not that simple with serial killers too but we still like to believe in this myth). Eric and Dylan did that because they were kids that people could not help. They had real issues, they suffered and society failed to help its children. You have to take it seriously, it's not entertainment, it's not a movie-like tragedy, it is something that still happens.

Agreed.Displaying the clothes of a child who murdered other children feels more exploitative than educational. Granted, I'd like to see such a thing myself, but I'm a monster. :p
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
rebel2013

Contribution Points : 51409

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Eric and Dylan's outfits?   Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:39 pm

How did you find out that she kept his hat?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna horse

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Eric and Dylan's outfits?   Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:43 pm

It’s in her book

Last edited by Jenna horse on Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neah
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 16428

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Eric and Dylan's outfits?   Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:51 pm

Agreed.Displaying the clothes of a child who murdered other children feels more exploitative than educational. Granted, I'd like to see such a thing myself, but I'm a monster. :p

We're all monsters in disguise. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jollyhelpful

Contribution Points : 15499

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Eric and Dylan's outfits?   Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:58 pm

I don’t know
The Harris family didn’t want Eric’s stuff

I'm pretty sure Eric's parents gave the majority of his clothes to goodwill. Though,I seriously doubt they even wanted the 'Natural Selection' shirt back from the police.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
miketheratguy

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Eric and Dylan's outfits?   Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:33 pm

We're all monsters in disguise. Rolling Eyes

Then it's okay to say that I watch old Columbine footage while wearing diapers and smearing myself in peanut butter?

I'm pretty sure Eric's parents gave the majority of his clothes to goodwill. Though,I seriously doubt they even wanted the 'Natural Selection' shirt back from the police.

It's really kind of creepy to think of some kid walking into a Goodwill, buying Eric Harris' clothes, then spending the next months or years wearing them without having known who they belonged to. That's the dream of like 72 percent of all incel forums.[/quote]
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
munchkinphone
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 13722

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Eric and Dylan's outfits?   Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:24 pm

Sue probably kept alot of Dylans clothes since she mentions wearing his jeans and stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Eric and Dylan's outfits?   

Back to top Go down

What happened to Eric and Dylan's outfits?
Page 1 of 1