Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

America has gone 5 days without a mass shooting?????

Go down 
AuthorMessage
eyutytuheu

Contribution Points : 13339

PostSubject: America has gone 5 days without a mass shooting?????   Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:16 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

???????????

NSAhoneypot

Contribution Points : 1203

PostSubject: Re: America has gone 5 days without a mass shooting?????   Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:17 am

The Thousand Oaks shooting happened, so the States ALMOST managed to get to five days without a mass shooting.

"I don't like Mondays." - Brenda Spencer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pixie13

Contribution Points : 4305

PostSubject: Re: America has gone 5 days without a mass shooting?????   Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:25 am

So is 4 days a record then?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 48406

PostSubject: Re: America has gone 5 days without a mass shooting?????   Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:32 am

With America its not as easy as just saying 'lets ban all guns'.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ziamber II
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 19563

PostSubject: Re: America has gone 5 days without a mass shooting?????   Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:26 pm

The UK has not had a mass Shooting since 2010..............
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy QTR
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 29929

PostSubject: Re: America has gone 5 days without a mass shooting?????   Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:58 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Switzerland hasn't had a Mass Shooting since 2001.

-Michael Ryan

"Loneliness has followed me for my whole life."

-Travis Bickle

"I don't have a single friend and I won't in the future. I'll be ignored because I'm ugly. I'm lower than trash because at least the trash gets recycled."

-Tomohiro Katō

"I will become a serial killer, a mad killer. Why? Because I am frustrated and I do not want to die alone, because I have had a shitty life. I want to feel powerful and free just once."

-Richard Durn

"A beautiful environment can be the darkest hell if you have to experience it all alone."

-Elliot Rodger
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pixie13

PostSubject: Re: America has gone 5 days without a mass shooting?????   Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:45 pm

"But cantonal police don't take their duty dolling out gun licenses lightly. They might consult a psychiatrist or talk with authorities in other cantons where a prospective gun buyer has lived before to vet the person."

It also has one of the highest suicide by gun rates in Europe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy QTR
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: America has gone 5 days without a mass shooting?????   Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:56 pm

"But cantonal police don't take their duty dolling out gun licenses lightly. They might consult a psychiatrist or talk with authorities in other cantons where a prospective gun buyer has lived before to vet the person."

It also has one of the highest suicide by gun rates in Europe.
Guns are banned in Japan and that has one of the highest suicide rates in the world.

-Michael Ryan

-Travis Bickle

"I don't have a single friend and I won't in the future. I'll be ignored because I'm ugly. I'm lower than trash because at least the trash gets recycled."

-Tomohiro Katō

"I will become a serial killer, a mad killer. Why? Because I am frustrated and I do not want to die alone, because I have had a shitty life. I want to feel powerful and free just once."

-Richard Durn

"A beautiful environment can be the darkest hell if you have to experience it all alone."

-Elliot Rodger
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pixie13

PostSubject: Re: America has gone 5 days without a mass shooting?????   Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:19 pm

The suicide rate is to do with Japanese culture that goes back centuries. It wasn't considered a mortal sin like it was in Christian countries. However, if Japan had access to guns then their suicide rate would most likely increase, as guns allow people to kill themselves more easily. Across the world, it has been seen that restricting access to guns lowers suicide rates (and hopefully gives people the time to find the help they need).

There is a direct correlation between number of guns owned and the number of people who are killed by firearms. Population studies have shown that increased stress/mental illness does not correlate with increased gun deaths but states with tighter gun laws have fewer deaths.

But the point is the most guns in Swiss households are government issued after military service and if you own a gun and there are concerns that you are mentally incompetent/will harm's others with it, then the authorities will come and take your guns away. Guns and ammunition are stored separately and securely. If the USA are so keen on holding up Switzerland as a beacon of responsible gun ownership, then why not mirror their laws and culture?

No country is perfect, but the USA could take steps to prevent mass-shooting that would be reasonable and proportionate. Guns can still he legally owned, but owned by people who aren't going to have a breakdown and shoot up public spaces. Can you honestly say that it was right for people like Lanza or Cruz to have access to firearms? Or a Marine with PTSD?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 48406

PostSubject: Re: America has gone 5 days without a mass shooting?????   Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:00 am

Interesting, in Australia today we just had a man set his car on fire and then proceed to stab a few people. He was eventually killed by police. If we had guns he could have done a lot more damage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
School Massacre Archives

Contribution Points : 7534

PostSubject: Re: America has gone 5 days without a mass shooting?????   Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:20 am

I noticed there hasn't been a lot of school shootings recently. I thought after Parkland and Santa Fe, they would be on the rise.

InsaneIntruder
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 31062

PostSubject: Re: America has gone 5 days without a mass shooting?????   Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:49 am

Interesting, in Australia today we just had a man set his car on fire and then proceed to stab a few people. He was eventually killed by police. If we had guns he could have done a lot more damage.
He probably would've done plenty of damage if his car bomb worked. The stabbing was likely a backup plan.

- XXXTentacion
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlteRoad

Contribution Points : 14898

PostSubject: Re: America has gone 5 days without a mass shooting?????   Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:31 am

He probably would've done plenty of damage if his car bomb worked. The stabbing was likely a backup plan.
I don't think it was a car bomb, the Somalian man was on a terrorist watch list and seemed to have rammed it onto the pavement in the prescribed truck of peace fashion. He then set it on fire with a gas can and stabbed a few people. Frankly, he should've just acquired a firearm from the black market - there's been more than a few shootings with them over the past few years. I should also note that this makes Melbourne's second failed Nice/London Bridge style attack, and it occurred just a few streets from the first one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
InsaneIntruder
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: America has gone 5 days without a mass shooting?????   Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:11 am

I don't think it was a car bomb, the Somalian man was on a terrorist watch list and seemed to have rammed it onto the pavement in the prescribed truck of peace fashion. He then set it on fire with a gas can and stabbed a few people. Frankly, he should've just acquired a firearm from the black market - there's been more than a few shootings with them over the past few years. I should also note that this makes Melbourne's second failed Nice/London Bridge style attack, and it occurred just a few streets from the first one.
He apparently had propane canisters in the car, I don't see why he would've bothered putting them there (or setting it on fire) if he didn't intend on it blowing up.

- XXXTentacion
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlteRoad

Contribution Points : 14898

PostSubject: Re: America has gone 5 days without a mass shooting?????   Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:09 am

He apparently had propane canisters in the car, I don't see why he would've bothered putting them there (or setting it on fire) if he didn't intend on it blowing up.
In that case, he's as stupid as Eric Harris. You'd think a terrorist would learn from Faisal Shahzad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy QTR
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: America has gone 5 days without a mass shooting?????   Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:15 am

America has gone months and even years without a mass shooting so I don't really know why this is even a thread.

-Michael Ryan

-Travis Bickle

-Tomohiro Katō

-Richard Durn

-Elliot Rodger
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheOne99
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 17587

PostSubject: Re: America has gone 5 days without a mass shooting?????   Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:36 pm

Switzerland hasn't had a Mass Shooting since 2001.

Finland hasnt had a mass shooting since 2012

"Criminals are made, not born" - Tim Kretschmer

"I'm the god/dictator of my own life" - Pekka-Eric Auvinen

"Being made human Without the possibility of BEING human The cruelest of all punishments." - Dylan Klebold

"fuck you" - William Atchison
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Pixie13

PostSubject: Re: America has gone 5 days without a mass shooting?????   Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:01 pm

UK hasn't had a mass shooting since 2010.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
InsaneIntruder
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: America has gone 5 days without a mass shooting?????   Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:20 pm

UK hasn't had a mass shooting since 2010.
True, but they nearly did twice (but luckily arrested both before they did it) and have had plenty of car attacks, knife attacks and bombings.

- XXXTentacion
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eyutytuheu

Contribution Points : 13339

PostSubject: Re: America has gone 5 days without a mass shooting?????   Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:03 am

America has gone months and even years without a mass shooting so I don't really know why this is even a thread.

affraid

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: America has gone 5 days without a mass shooting?????   

Back to top Go down

America has gone 5 days without a mass shooting?????
Page 1 of 1