Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Disgusted with the media

Go down 
+4
W.A.R.
Pixie13
Jenna horse
joebox97
8 posters
AuthorMessage
joebox97

joebox97

Contribution Points : 68875
Forum Reputation : 255

Disgusted with the media Empty
PostSubject: Disgusted with the media   Disgusted with the media Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2018 3:39 pm

Watching and ABC special on Dylan and they bash him so much and bend the truths in what really happened on almost all the events they bring up.

Why do news outlets do this all the time?

Yes they killed people and they are murders but why does that give you the right to bash them (catering to your opinions) on TV for others to watch? instead of stating facts of what really happened. So many lies are spread through the media it makes me sick, it's like feeding people lies to make them dumb and unaware of what is really going on in the world.
Back to top Go down
Jenna horse

Jenna horse

Contribution Points : 58447
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Disgusted with the media   Disgusted with the media Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2018 4:50 pm

What special
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120178
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Disgusted with the media   Disgusted with the media Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2018 6:12 pm

The media reflects the attitudes of their consumers. They do what they do because their audience either asks for it or couldn't be bothered to care.

Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193506
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Disgusted with the media   Disgusted with the media Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2018 8:12 am

I know that a few specials show the hitman for hire scene and they cut off before he starts laughing. But I’m not sure which one is being mentioned here.

Contribution Points : 56526
Forum Reputation : 270

PostSubject: Re: Disgusted with the media   Disgusted with the media Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2018 8:39 am

They were quite aware how the media would cut and distort their truth. It was very acute of them to realise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disgusted with the media   Disgusted with the media Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2018 10:06 am

QuestionMark wrote:
The media reflects the attitudes of their consumers. They do what they do because their audience either asks for it or couldn't be bothered to care.

Sadly this is accurate AF! The media will ONLY print/show what they know their audience wants.
Back to top Go down
UncontinuedProcess

UncontinuedProcess

Contribution Points : 66857
Forum Reputation : 430

PostSubject: Re: Disgusted with the media   Disgusted with the media Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2018 1:29 pm

They always try to pass Radioactive Clothing as "disturbing footage that preceded and foretold the coming massacre and showed the boys tendency for violence" which instantly falls apart when you realize the literal plot of that video is them using obviously fake prop guns against Evil Clothes and both E&D can't help saying "yea" "yep" or "yeah" after every line. I understand with Hitmen for Hire which featured them with their trademark dusters and gunning down fellow pupils but it's ridiculous with Radioactive Clothing. Also remember that scene in Hitmen were Eric says "We're can't bring weapons onto school grounds." I wonder if they had already obtained their guns or constructed any pipe bombs when they filming that.
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 70123
Forum Reputation : 345

PostSubject: Re: Disgusted with the media   Disgusted with the media Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2018 3:15 pm

Yeah when you're really knowledgeable about something and see how badly they butcher it, It really makes think that if they are this far off on this, how far off are they on everything else?
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 122083
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Disgusted with the media   Disgusted with the media Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2018 3:53 pm

Timestamps from "Hitmen for Hire" are from December 2 to December 10 1998.

This is what Eric/Dylan accumulated re: guns, etc. by December 10 1998:

Crickets:

10 made 10-22-98

Pipe Bombs:

03 made 10-22-98 ALPHA
01 made 10-22-98 BETA
06 made 10-23-98 BETA
03 made 10-31-98 CHARLIE 2" x 6"

*Guns, etc. from the gun show on November 22 1998.

**So, yes, they had already acquired guns and made some explosives by the time "Hitmen for Hire" was filmed.
Back to top Go down
UncontinuedProcess

UncontinuedProcess

PostSubject: Re: Disgusted with the media   Disgusted with the media Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2018 7:44 pm

sororityalpha wrote:

Crickets:

10 made 10-22-98

Pipe Bombs:

03 made 10-22-98 ALPHA
01 made 10-22-98 BETA
06 made 10-23-98 BETA

**So, yes, they had already acquired guns and made some explosives by the time "Hitmen for Hire" was filmed.
So we pretty know for certain that Eric was deliberately being ironic with that line. Thanks for the info btw!
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193506
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Disgusted with the media   Disgusted with the media Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2018 8:34 pm

UncontinuedProcess wrote:
sororityalpha wrote:

Crickets:

10 made 10-22-98

Pipe Bombs:

03 made 10-22-98 ALPHA
01 made 10-22-98 BETA
06 made 10-23-98 BETA

So we pretty know for certain that Eric was deliberately being ironic with that line. Thanks for the info btw!  

He did talk about the foreshadowing..

Radioactive Clothing was SO campy and Dylan was giggling almost the whole time, it was fun, not anything serious. He even says "hi mom" I think it was Mike's mom?

Wasn't Eric editing Rampart Range footage into Hitmen for Hire?

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120178
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Disgusted with the media   Disgusted with the media Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2018 2:51 am

Screamingophelia wrote:

I could've sworn that was only a thing that the editors of Zero Hour did in their Columbine episode.

UncontinuedProcess

UncontinuedProcess

PostSubject: Re: Disgusted with the media   Disgusted with the media Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2018 9:52 am

QuestionMark wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

I could've sworn that was only a thing that the editors of Zero Hour did in their Columbine episode.

Also Rampart Range was filmed in March 1999 while Hitmen was December 1998, pretty sure that they would've been done and over with Hitmen by that point plus the fact that QuestionMark brought up, it was just Zero Hour snappy editing thats all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disgusted with the media   Disgusted with the media Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disgusted with the media
Page 1 of 1