Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Slugs/Buck shot

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
joebox97

joebox97

Contribution Points : 68875
Forum Reputation : 255

Slugs/Buck shot Empty
PostSubject: Slugs/Buck shot   Slugs/Buck shot Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 3:52 pm

This spawned from another thread,

Reading up on the events in the library, Eric was using a combination of slugs and buck shot shells and seems to use them in random order.

Is the combination of them just what they could get their hands on, I personally think using slugs the whole way through along with dylan using them would of been a lot more lethal.

I still can't imagine getting shot point blank with buck shot but a few people survived it in the library. I haven't read up too much on what kind of bullet was used on each victim but I assume the lethal shots were slugs for sure.
Back to top Go down
aperiogaming

Contribution Points : 57953
Forum Reputation : 0

Slugs/Buck shot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slugs/Buck shot   Slugs/Buck shot Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 10:10 am

From what I've seen, slug and buck shells look very similar. It's possible they weren't in a mindset that allowed them to specifically notice what they were loading?
Back to top Go down
joebox97

joebox97

Slugs/Buck shot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slugs/Buck shot   Slugs/Buck shot Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 10:58 am

Trying to find a good video that compares the two but I believe slugs have way more velocity and force

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Plus there is no spread from a slug just a huge piece of lead going through your body instead of 9 small ones that quickly spread and have a better chance of missing vital parts of the body
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193506
Forum Reputation : 1317

Slugs/Buck shot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slugs/Buck shot   Slugs/Buck shot Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 11:04 am

Eric in rampart range shows us the difference between a 9mm and slug at the end.

He sounded so freaking chipper in that scene. It’s so eerie now

Contribution Points : 57953

Slugs/Buck shot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slugs/Buck shot   Slugs/Buck shot Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 11:57 am

"imagine that in someone's fuckin' brain"

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
rayybayy444

rayybayy444

Contribution Points : 55665

Slugs/Buck shot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slugs/Buck shot   Slugs/Buck shot Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2018 8:21 pm

You know what I always found eerie about the Rampant Range video was hearing Eric shoot his shotgun then yell “WhooHooHoo” bcz that would of been the exact cheering he was hollering throughout his rampage at CHS

joebox97

Slugs/Buck shot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slugs/Buck shot   Slugs/Buck shot Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2018 11:18 pm

rayybayy444 wrote:
You know what I always found eerie about the Rampant Range video was hearing Eric shoot his shotgun then yell “WhooHooHoo” bcz that would of been the exact cheering he was hollering throughout his rampage at CHS

Just seeing the velocity of the shots is what gets me, especially the scene were Eric is firing like 4 consecutive shots and the gun flies out of his hands, I only imagine that in the library at point blank range...
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120178
Forum Reputation : 3191

Slugs/Buck shot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slugs/Buck shot   Slugs/Buck shot Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2018 11:26 pm

joebox97 wrote:
rayybayy444 wrote:

Just seeing the velocity of the shots is what gets me, especially the scene were Eric is firing like 4 consecutive shots and the gun flies out of his hands, I only imagine that in the library at point blank range...

...as the recoiling shotgun hits him in the face and breaks his nose.

At least that's what I think of when I see the shotgun's recoil in the Rampart Range vid. This is exactly why you don't saw down a shotgun, the weapon is not intended to be used in that manner.

rayybayy444

rayybayy444

Contribution Points : 55665

Slugs/Buck shot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slugs/Buck shot   Slugs/Buck shot Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2018 4:09 am

Yes! I picture that too every time I see that video, is that’s exactly how they must have looked when they were in the library I’m just glad that despite how much shit they talked about wanting to kill a whole bunch of people when it came down to it, their bombs failed miserably, and when left with the option to have killed everyone in the library that day they only killed 10 out of what almost 50 students total in there? I always wondered why they didn’t go total “NBK” like they hyped themselves up as being . I personally think when it started they were on a sort of adrenaline high so to speak and by the time their rage ended in the library they were so sick of theirselves they just commit suicide

joebox97

Slugs/Buck shot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slugs/Buck shot   Slugs/Buck shot Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2018 9:07 am

rayybayy444 wrote:
Yes! I picture that too every time I see that video, is that’s exactly how they must have looked when they were in the library I’m just glad that despite how much shit they talked about wanting to kill a whole bunch of people when it came down to it, their bombs failed miserably, and when left with the option to have killed everyone in the library that day they only killed 10 out of what almost 50 students total in there? I always wondered why they didn’t go total “NBK” like they hyped themselves up as being . I personally think when it started they were on a sort of adrenaline high so to speak and by the time their rage ended in the library they were so sick of theirselves they just commit suicide

I also wonder this as well
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Slugs/Buck shot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slugs/Buck shot   Slugs/Buck shot Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slugs/Buck shot
Page 1 of 1