Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shooting in Strasbourg

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91217
Forum Reputation : 575

Shooting in Strasbourg Empty
PostSubject: Shooting in Strasbourg   Shooting in Strasbourg Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 2:38 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Tourists have taken shelter at a Christmas market after reports of gunshots, according to local reports.

Armed police have been pictured descending in central Strasbourg tonight.

Unconfirmed reports suggest there are "several wounded".

Others have reported the market, a large tourist attraction, has been evacuated.

A video which has emerged online shows a person lying on ground.

Witnesses have said online there are other people injured on the floor.

Police in France are yet to confirm the reports.

Not a lot of information on this yet

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
School Massacre Archives

School Massacre Archives

Contribution Points : 65669
Forum Reputation : 248

PostSubject: Re: Shooting in Strasbourg   Shooting in Strasbourg Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 2:46 pm

Is this terrorism related or no?

School Massacre Archives

PostSubject: Re: Shooting in Strasbourg   Shooting in Strasbourg Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 2:51 pm

Possible video of the gunfire.

PostSubject: Re: Shooting in Strasbourg   Shooting in Strasbourg Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 2:57 pm

School Massacre Archives wrote:
Is this terrorism related or no?
I don't think it's been confirmed yet, but it most likely is. I kind of hope it's not, as I find terrorist attacks really boring.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
School Massacre Archives

School Massacre Archives

PostSubject: Re: Shooting in Strasbourg   Shooting in Strasbourg Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 3:12 pm

"1 dead, six wounded in shooting at Strasbourg Christmas market, gunman on the run, police say" - AFP

PostSubject: Re: Shooting in Strasbourg   Shooting in Strasbourg Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 3:13 pm

RT is reporting that the European Parliament is on lockdown.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119653
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Shooting in Strasbourg   Shooting in Strasbourg Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 3:16 pm

I was waiting for the time that a shooter would attack a busy supermarket during holiday season. Course it seems the strategy didn't pay off considering only a single person so far died.

Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Shooting in Strasbourg   Shooting in Strasbourg Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 3:22 pm

Reports are now saying 9 people are wounded.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Shooting in Strasbourg   Shooting in Strasbourg Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 3:51 pm

At least one person has been killed and nine others injured after at least one gunman opened fire near a Christmas market in the French city of Strasbourg, according to police
Local authorities in the Grand-Est and Bas-Rhin region tweeted for the public to “avoid the area of the police station,” which is close to the city's Christmas market. The gunman is still on the run according to French media reports citing police sources.

The French Interior Ministry called on the public to remain indoors amid the "serious security event" in the city.

President Emmanuel Macron is said to have cut short a reception at the Elysee Palace in the wake of the shooting. His office said he was being kept informed of developments and that the Interior Minister Christophe Castaner was being sent to the scene.

Police rushed to the scene after the shots were heard close to the Christmas market in Place Kleber, one of the central squares in the city.

The city's mayor has tweeted: "Serious event underway in the centre of Strasbourg. Thank you for staying at home.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Shooting in Strasbourg   Shooting in Strasbourg Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 4:04 pm

RT is now reporting that there 2 dead and 11 injured.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
School Massacre Archives

School Massacre Archives

PostSubject: Re: Shooting in Strasbourg   Shooting in Strasbourg Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 4:11 pm

Found more video of the shooting.

Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

Contribution Points : 122925
Forum Reputation : 40

PostSubject: Re: Shooting in Strasbourg   Shooting in Strasbourg Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 4:13 pm

why is this the solution for people? why do they always have to harm innocent people? It just makes me sad people do this for anger or depression

School Massacre Archives

PostSubject: Re: Shooting in Strasbourg   Shooting in Strasbourg Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 4:14 pm

GRAPHIC

PostSubject: Re: Shooting in Strasbourg   Shooting in Strasbourg Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 5:05 pm

Reports are now saying 4 dead and Is being treated as a terrorist incident. Police are now saying the shooter is a 29 year old male.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shooting in Strasbourg   Shooting in Strasbourg Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 5:19 pm

Kerea2244 wrote:
why is this the solution for people? why do they always have to harm innocent people? It just makes me sad people do this for anger or depression

Sadly there are just some very fucked up, soul sick people in this world.No
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Shooting in Strasbourg   Shooting in Strasbourg Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 5:59 pm

“lone gunman” remains at large after killing at least four people and seriously injuring several others in the eastern French city of Strasbourg near its famed Christmas market visited by millions.

The authorities are treating the attack as a terrorist act. Anti-terrorist prosecutors have opened an investigation.

A manhunt involving police and soldiers is underway with French media saying the gunman was on the loose but had already been “identified” as being on a list of “security threats”.
The gunman was wounded by soldiers on patrol as part of France's Sentinelle anti-terror operation but managed to flee, said police.

According to police, he was later located to rue Epinal and shots were being exchanged.
The European Parliament based in the city was in lockdown after reports of the shooting, with British and other MEPs, staff and journalists unable to leave the building which is a few kilometres from the square.

President Emmanuel Macron was being kept informed “in real time” and sent interior minister Christophe Castaner to the scene.

With the attacker still on the run, the French and German authorities have strengthened checks on the border, which is near Strasbourg.

According to Dernières Nouvelles d'Alsace, a local paper, a gunman opened fire in the busy rue des Grandes-Arcades at around 8pm local time.

"Several sites" in the city centre were concerned, it added. These included rue des Orfèvres, rue des Grandes-Arcades and Grand'Rue.

Shortly afterwards, the regional state prefecture confirmed that "an incident is underway" on Twitter.
"Stay calm and follow the orders that will be given. Consult official accounts to stay informed," wrote the Prefet de la la Grande Est et du Bas Rhin.

"Serious public security event under way in Strasbourg. Residents are asked to stay at home," the French interior ministry said in a tweet.

"Shooting in Strasbourg's city centre. Thanks to all for staying at home until the situation has been clarified," deputy mayor Alain Fontanel said in a tweet.

Caught up in the European Parliament lockdown was British MEP Said Karim, who survived the 2008 Mumbai terror attack in which 174 died by hiding in the basement.

He said: “I am in the EP completely safe and unable to leave at present. It’s an unfolding situation and my thoughts are with the victims.”

The parliament is currently in plenary session, with hundreds of MEPs having made their monthly move to Strasbourg from Brussels.

French Ecology Minister Francois de Rugy tweeted: "Solidarity and support for the people of Strasbourg. Our support too for the security forces. We are united and determined to protect the French people."

Busy Christmas markets have been considered a terror target ever since the failed 2000 bomb plot in Strasbourg.

The al-Qaeda plot, in which a truck bomb was due to be detonated beneath the steps of Strasbourg cathedral, right next to the teeming market, has been described as blueprint for would-be attackers.
The plot failed when British intelligence tipped off the French and German authorities after intercepting a call to the suspected paymaster in London.

Raids in France, Germany and Britain followed and the ring leaders were were arrested in Frankfurt, where bomb making materials were found.

French media have given the attacker’s date of birth - 4 February 1989 - but officials have yet to release a name.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shooting in Strasbourg   Shooting in Strasbourg Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 6:05 pm

For the moment in France they only talk about 2 dead.

Tommy QTR wrote:

A manhunt involving police and soldiers is underway with French media saying the gunman was on the loose but had already been “identified” as being on a list of “security threats”.

They are always known by the police, this is so depressing...
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Shooting in Strasbourg   Shooting in Strasbourg Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 6:14 pm

“lone gunman” remains at large after killing at least four people and seriously injuring several others in the eastern French city of Strasbourg near its famed Christmas market visited by millions.
The authorities are treating the attack as a terrorist act. Anti-terrorist prosecutors have opened an investigation.

The gunman was wounded by soldiers on patrol as part of France's Sentinelle anti-terror operation but managed to flee, said police.

According to police, he was later located to rue Epinal and shots were being exchanged.
The European Parliament based in the city was in lockdown after reports of the shooting, with British and other MEPs, staff and journalists unable to leave the building which is a few kilometres from the square.

President Emmanuel Macron was being kept informed “in real time” and sent interior minister Christophe Castaner to the scene.

With the attacker still on the run, the French and German authorities have strengthened checks on the border, which is near Strasbourg.

According to Dernières Nouvelles d'Alsace, a local paper, a gunman opened fire in the busy rue des Grandes-Arcades at around 8pm local time.

"Several sites" in the city centre were concerned, it added. These included rue des Orfèvres, rue des Grandes-Arcades and Grand'Rue.

"Serious public security event under way in Strasbourg. Residents are asked to stay at home," the French interior ministry said in a tweet.

"Shooting in Strasbourg's city centre. Thanks to all for staying at home until the situation has been clarified," deputy mayor Alain Fontanel said in a tweet.

Shortly afterwards, the regional state prefecture confirmed that "an incident is underway" on Twitter.
"Stay calm and follow the orders that will be given. Consult official accounts to stay informed," wrote the Prefet de la la Grande Est et du Bas Rhin.

Caught up in the European Parliament lockdown was British MEP Said Karim, who survived the 2008 Mumbai terror attack in which 174 died by hiding in the basement.

He said: “I am in the EP completely safe and unable to leave at present. It’s an unfolding situation and my thoughts are with the victims.”

The parliament is currently in plenary session, with hundreds of MEPs having made their monthly move to Strasbourg from Brussels.
French Ecology Minister Francois de Rugy tweeted: "Solidarity and support for the people of Strasbourg. Our support too for the security forces. We are united and determined to protect the French people."

Busy Christmas markets have been considered a terror target ever since the failed 2000 bomb plot in Strasbourg.

The al-Qaeda plot, in which a truck bomb was due to be detonated beneath the steps of Strasbourg cathedral, right next to the teeming market, has been described as blueprint for would-be attackers.

The plot failed when British intelligence tipped off the French and German authorities after intercepting a call to the suspected paymaster in London.

Raids in France, Germany and Britain followed and the ring leaders were arrested in Frankfurt, where bomb making materials were found.

French media have given the attacker’s date of birth - 4 February 1989 - but officials have yet to release a name.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Shooting in Strasbourg   Shooting in Strasbourg Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 8:12 pm

French police have cornered a gunman who killed at least four people in the center of Strasbourg and shots have been fired, a source close to the investigation said.

The gunman was identified as a 29-year old man whose residence had been searched by police earlier in the day in connection with a robbery, two police sources said.

The Police have got this guy surrounded, this is most likely going to end with him dead, either killed by the Police or himself as I highly doubt he's going to surrender.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Shooting in Strasbourg   Shooting in Strasbourg Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 8:26 pm

Also I don't know if this has been confirmed but apparently the gunman's name is Chekkat Cherif.

His Picture:

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shooting in Strasbourg   Shooting in Strasbourg Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2018 9:10 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
Also I don't know if this has been confirmed but apparently the gunman's name is Chekkat Cherif.

His Picture:

I think you got the identity wrong, this is the real gunman:
spoiler :
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shooting in Strasbourg   Shooting in Strasbourg Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2018 1:29 am

Tommy QTR wrote:

French police have cornered a gunman who killed at least four people in the center of Strasbourg and shots have been fired, a source close to the investigation said.

The gunman was identified as a 29-year old man whose residence had been searched by police earlier in the day in connection with a robbery, two police sources said.

The Police have got this guy surrounded, this is most likely going to end with him dead, either killed by the Police or himself as I highly doubt he's going to surrender.

For the moment he is still on the run, he was injured by a soldier and took a taxi. There are 3 dead now, but still not 4.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shooting in Strasbourg   Shooting in Strasbourg Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2018 1:54 am

Tommy QTR wrote:

When they searched his house (before the shooting) the police found a 22 long rifle pistol (which is apparently "not a terrorist weapon"). They spent the end of the day searching for him but couldn't find him until the shooting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shooting in Strasbourg   Shooting in Strasbourg Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2018 7:00 am

Several stupid members of the Yellow Jacket movement say the attack was a false flag perpetrated by the State in order to distract people from social issues so they don't protest again next Saturday. Other members from the movement harshly criticized the conspiracy theorist and some even disabled the comment sections on Facebook pages so that no one could spread the theory.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shooting in Strasbourg   Shooting in Strasbourg Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2018 8:46 am

Has anything new about this man come out? Any real motive yet? scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shooting in Strasbourg   Shooting in Strasbourg Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2018 9:10 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

He was known for being radicalized and some witnesses say they have heard him shout Allahu akbar.

In fact two people are dead and one suffers from brain death.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shooting in Strasbourg   Shooting in Strasbourg Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2018 9:24 am

Neah wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

He was known for being radicalized and some witnesses say they have heard him shout Allahu akbar.

I thought the death count was higher, or was that just the first reports coming out? scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shooting in Strasbourg   Shooting in Strasbourg Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2018 11:20 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Neah wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

I thought the death count was higher, or was that just the first reports coming out? scratch

Yeah I know. In France they kept changing it between 2 and 3. I think they mixed brain death with actual death. In foreign press I have seen 4 death but I don't think French media ever said that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shooting in Strasbourg   Shooting in Strasbourg Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2018 11:28 am

Neah wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Neah wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Yeah I know. In France they kept changing it between 2 and 3. I think they mixed brain death with actual death. In foreign press I have seen 4 death but I don't think French media ever said that.

Yeah I am always SO skeptical of the first released info on things like this. Mainly because the media is just cranking out anything they hear just to have something out there.  They save the fact checking for much later. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shooting in Strasbourg   Shooting in Strasbourg Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2018 5:59 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Neah wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Neah wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Yeah I am always SO skeptical of the first released info on things like this. Mainly because the media is just cranking out anything they hear just to have something out there.  They save the fact checking for much later. Rolling Eyes

Yeah, and sometimes it is not about fact checking, but simply about fact "giving". In France we also became very skeptical about medias, especially about 24 hour rolling news channels because in the last attacks they have made very serious professional and moral mistakes:

• During the January 2015 attacks at the Hyper Cacher after the Charlie Hebdo attack, while there was a hostage taking in the shop, a group of people including a baby hid in the cold room of the shop. "Reporter Dominique Rizet revealed the location of the hidden six on air." "He mentioned it once during a report, although the information was not repeated." He later stated "that a member of the police force had told Rizet that the hostages were not in danger before the broadcast, which representatives from the police force subsequently denied."
  • Many channels also broadcasted live videos showing the movements of police during the separate sieges. Yet we know that the terrorists could each remain informed of the situation by watching TV, and the police thus had to intervene in the same time in both places because as soon as a terrorist was attacked at one place, the other in the other place would know and could either kill the hostages or attack the police.
  • The two terrorists who were in the printing shop were unaware that a man was hidden in the building. The sister of this man was interviewed live on a channel and explained that she had no idea where his brother was and that he could be hiding in the printing shop. She was interrupted by the journalist as the information could jeopardize the man. But the journalist later said that they should not have broadcast interviews with worried family members live.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shooting in Strasbourg   Shooting in Strasbourg Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2018 6:09 pm

Here is the official call for witnesses made by the French police:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 72209
Forum Reputation : 328

PostSubject: Re: Shooting in Strasbourg   Shooting in Strasbourg Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2018 7:33 pm

Neah wrote:
Several stupid members of the Yellow Jacket movement say the attack was a false flag perpetrated by the State in order to distract people from social issues so they don't protest again next Saturday.
How ludicrous, believing that the current French government is competent enough to successfully plan and perpetrate a false flag attack.
On a semi-related note, what's your thoughts on the yellow jacket movement?

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shooting in Strasbourg   Shooting in Strasbourg Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2018 1:38 am

Neah wrote:
Here is the official call for witnesses made by the French police:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

*Cough* Bill Williamson *Cough*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shooting in Strasbourg   Shooting in Strasbourg Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2018 6:00 am

STK wrote:
On a semi-related note, what's your thoughts on the yellow jacket movement?

Regarding their demands themselves, I don't really have an opinion. The yellow jackets are a movement but they also have very different opinions, some of them are from the left, from the right and even from the far-left and far-right. So overall I agree with some of their demands and there are others that I find a bit too much. As a student, there are plenty of their issues that I don't suffer from (yet?) so I may not be the best person to relate to them.

However, I tend to think that you can judge a president mandate after 5 years only, when the president is done and he should have done all the things he wanted to do. Only a very very dangerous piece of legislation would make me go to the street and protest, otherwise I prefer to wait and see the result in the end, given that some measures may balance everything. I may be wrong, this is how i see things but I can understand that some people would strongly disagree. I didn't even vote for Macron, so now I think "you elected him, do with him and let him do his stuff". To me France is not a full democracy, the people elects his president and then it lets him do his work, what is the point of electing someone if you keep interrupting him each time you disagree? And then if you didn't like what he did you vote for another person during the next elections.

I don't know, maybe I think that way because unconsciously I am just a lazy person...
Back to top Go down
School Massacre Archives

School Massacre Archives

PostSubject: Re: Shooting in Strasbourg   Shooting in Strasbourg Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2018 3:39 pm

The shooter has now been killed by police.

PostSubject: Re: Shooting in Strasbourg   Shooting in Strasbourg Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2018 4:15 pm

Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: Shooting in Strasbourg   Shooting in Strasbourg Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2018 4:24 pm

That was to be expected, Jihadists usually never surrender to the Police. This is good really, another waste of Oxygen gone.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shooting in Strasbourg   Shooting in Strasbourg Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2018 4:50 pm

Good riddance!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shooting in Strasbourg   Shooting in Strasbourg Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2018 6:52 pm

Neah wrote:
Good riddance!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Any newer reports on this?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shooting in Strasbourg   Shooting in Strasbourg Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2018 1:01 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Neah wrote:
Good riddance!

Neah  Any newer reports on this?

So first the victim who suffered from brain death is now dead, 5 people are still seriously injured including 3 people who are between life and death. Three people left the hospital and are now safe.
The terrorist's family is being questioned by the police and they are also radical muslims.

Then earlier on the day Chérif Chekatt was killed, he had talked to a woman in Strasbourg who called the police because she said he seemed to be injured. It was in the neighborhood South Strasbourg where he lived apparently. I don't know exactly where he hid. A helicopter with thermal cameras was used to hunt for the suspect.

Then around 9 p.m. three policemen spotted him meandering in a street in Strasbourg, so they called him and as the terrorist turned and started shooting on the police they fired back and killed him. Witnesses applauded the policemen who were local police officers, two men and one woman and I don't think any of them was injured.

ISIS then claimed responsibility for the terror attack.

People applauding and paying tribute to the police:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shooting in Strasbourg   Shooting in Strasbourg Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2018 10:41 am

A fourth person has died. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shooting in Strasbourg   Shooting in Strasbourg Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2018 10:42 am

Neah wrote:
A fourth person has died. Sad

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shooting in Strasbourg   Shooting in Strasbourg Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2018 12:27 am

A fifth person died.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shooting in Strasbourg   Shooting in Strasbourg Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shooting in Strasbourg
Page 1 of 1