Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

4 Library diagrams. Deceased are highlighted in Red.

Go down 
+6
afrrs
mrc123
queenfarooq
Moseley
JayJay
rik75
10 posters
AuthorMessage
NotYourRobot

Contribution Points : 73874
Forum Reputation : 0

4 Library diagrams. Deceased are highlighted in Red. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 Library diagrams. Deceased are highlighted in Red.   4 Library diagrams. Deceased are highlighted in Red. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2016 1:07 pm

shades wrote:
NotYourRobot wrote:
Honestly it a miracle more didn't die, both outside and in the library. I can't believe Patrick Ireland crawled for three hours to the window after three head shots, I'm in awe. Then there was Nicole Nowlen (9 shots) Lance Kirklin(point-blank shot to the face) Valleen Schnurr ( multiple wounds and dead friend beside her) mark Johnston (chest wound) and I forget his name but that kid who was shot in the leg and ran back to hide behind a storage shed.

That would be Dan Steepleton for the last one because of where he was shot but he didn't hide behind a storage shed...? I should look that one up.

And yes of course, the injured stories are fascinating, and I can only imagine everything they experienced that day.
Dan Steepleton was in the library.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79011
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: 4 Library diagrams. Deceased are highlighted in Red.   4 Library diagrams. Deceased are highlighted in Red. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2016 1:09 pm

Yeah you're right, it was Michael Johnson who got shot outside and hid behind the shed.

Wasn't there a survivor who did a Reddit thread not too long ago talking about his experience and how he was still suffering from what happened and people speculated it was either Dan or Michael based on the clue of where he was shot?

Edit: I found the thread, and I'm convinced it's Michael. He wanted to remain anonymous talking about his story.

Contribution Points : 74292

PostSubject: Re: 4 Library diagrams. Deceased are highlighted in Red.   4 Library diagrams. Deceased are highlighted in Red. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2016 8:39 pm

NotYourRobot wrote:
I find it really interesting that some tables were completely skipped over while some were shot to all hell. I wonder what E & D's distinctions were  because random (natural selection) seems unlikely, it's almost impossible for humans to pick something at random.

It's been said many times before, but they were relishing playing God, kind of like how in Natural Born Killers Mickey and Mallory would normally spare at least one person on their killing sprees. Eric mentioned in his diary he was hoping survivors would be traumatized. Yes, they did shoot at random in some cases and singled people out to be killed in other cases (i.e. Isaiah happened to capture both of their attention because he was black), but they certainly made a conscious decision to spare a handful of people (Evan Todd, Patty Blair, Heather Jacobson, Bree Pasquale etc). Obviously not out of the goodness of their hearts - it was more like a power trip (except maybe in the case of John Savage who they were somewhat acquainted with - but even John mentioned in the 11k he was scared they would change their minds about sparing him).

Back to top Go down
bubbles

PostSubject: Re: 4 Library diagrams. Deceased are highlighted in Red.   4 Library diagrams. Deceased are highlighted in Red. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 3:19 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

^Interesting posts regarding the "sparing" of people in the library.

Gustopoet2 wrote:
lio45 wrote:
Sabratha wrote:
Its just a guess but I think Dylan was already done/bored with/tired of killing at this point.

Yeah, that's also my opinion. I'm actually very convinced that I'm right on that one.

It seems clear to me that killing people had gotten old by that point. (As we know, they were heard by several witnesses discussing that they no longer found a thrill in shooting their victims.)

They had fun, they finally had what they'd been dreaming of for so long, but by then the adrenaline rush was mostly over. Plus, let's not forget it's physically taxing to shoot people like that. For these two frail teens, carrying the gear, reloading, just the weight of the guns... plus the fact they kinda had to be on their guard as well, and I'm sure they were -- pretty much all the time. They weren't physically in great shape, so after a while of rampage, they will have grown tired of it both physically and mentally.

(I was in the Army for a few years, and I'm very fit... I can tell you these things are definitely not as easy in real life as it is when you're playing Doom.)

And we know they did not care at all about having the highest kill count as possible, since they left most of the people in the library absolutely unscathed. (Contrast that to Cho's modus operandi.)

Yeah, Eric still had an interest in making the bombs go BOOM, but Dylan just wanted to die. I can buy that. Ditto for the last volley they shot at the cops. That would be Eric's thing...

The last glimpse we get of them on the caf. tape just minutes before they die -- it is Eric who is skipping a step to go back up to the library; Dylan is lollygagging around a bit and looking at the damage. I figure that is because Eric said "Let's go back and shoot at cops!" and Dylan was like "What's the fucking point? We can't hit them."

I don't think they "discussed" the suicide until after they went back and shot at the cops. Probably they shot at them and missed and eventually Dylan was like "Reb, I'm low on ammo! It's time." Or something like that.

Being an over-achiever Eric of course was the first to suicide. Dylan lagged behind to light a Molotov and do a small, very personal sort of ritual it appears...

Not sure if it's been discussed, but I wonder if Dylan looked at Eric after he shot himself? I know they were studying their dead and injured victims and making all sorts of grotesque comments, but imagine seeing your friend with their skull blown open when just seconds ago you were probably talking to them. My guess is that he probably chose not to look at Eric before he shot himself.
Back to top Go down
bubbles

PostSubject: Re: 4 Library diagrams. Deceased are highlighted in Red.   4 Library diagrams. Deceased are highlighted in Red. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 4:39 am

rik75 wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I assume the student Carole Weld saw in the library with a hole in their back was indeed Kelly Flemming (injury matches up), although I don't quite understand how she could have seen the wound based on Kelly's position in the diagram.

A lot of the 11k accounts are chilling to read and I honestly can't even begin to imagine the terror these people would have felt. Despite the fact she was hidden from Eric and Dylan's view, I found Carole's account really freaky. It would've been so scary to emerge from her hiding place only to be met with eerie silence and the awful view of someone laying dead with a literal hole in their back from a shotgun blast, not knowing for sure if the killers were lurking around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4 Library diagrams. Deceased are highlighted in Red.   4 Library diagrams. Deceased are highlighted in Red. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4 Library diagrams. Deceased are highlighted in Red.
Page 1 of 1