Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 
 

 Songs that remind you of Columbine.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
CatherineM813



Posts : 656
Join date : 2013-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:57 am

Does anybody think Columbine is like a really catchy song that wont get out of your head no matter how hard you try?!

_________________
Life moves pretty fast and if you don't stop to look around in awhile, you could miss it- Ferris Bueller
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rigormortis



Posts : 15
Join date : 2013-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:51 am

Slipknot - People = Shit


Last edited by rigormortis on Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deadpoet



Posts : 6
Join date : 2013-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:17 pm

Shinedown - 45
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Juicy Jazzy
Top Contributor


Posts : 437
Join date : 2013-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:32 am

deadpoet wrote:
Shinedown - 45
I came in here just to post this! Razz 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deadpoet



Posts : 6
Join date : 2013-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:14 pm

Juicy Jazzy wrote:
deadpoet wrote:
Shinedown - 45
I came in here just to post this! Razz 
Hah Smile 

I'd also add The Killers - All these things that I've done
Back to top Go down
View user profile
areyoulistening



Posts : 326
Join date : 2013-03-18
Location : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:00 pm

Everytime I hear Avicii- Wake Me Up, it reminds me of Dylan. I have no real idea why...

_________________
If Frodo can get the ring to Mordor, you can get out of bed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
queenfarooq



Posts : 931
Join date : 2013-03-18
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:10 am

The lyrics definitely remind me of Eric - Slipknot - People = Shit
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and maybe a little bit also, Surfacing [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cherrycherry



Posts : 11
Join date : 2013-09-08
Location : Yorkshire, England

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:33 pm

A lot of songs by KMFDM, Rammstein and NIN remind me of Eric and Dylan, but a lot of material by Combichrist does also. I think if Combichrist had been around back then, both boys (but especially Eric) would have adored them.

Combichrist -- This Is My Rifle

'Tonight you pukes will sleep with your rifle
You will give your rifle a girls name
Because this is the only p***y you people are going to get

This is my rifle, it is my life
We are masters of our enemy
Till there is no enemy'

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Combichrist -- In The Pit

'I'm cleaning out today
Now you can buy my soul
Everything must go
I'm closing down my life
I'm making room for a brand new show
It will consist of empty dreams
High fashion wars and dollar smiles
It will be filled with disco bombs
All I want is for you to be in the show
It's a matter of what I'll achieve
I'm all f****d up now I want you to care
Want it right now, I want you to care'

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JDM87



Posts : 204
Join date : 2013-03-17
Location : Earth

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:50 pm

Agreed Cherry. Add "Feed your anger" and "Throat full of glass" to that list as well. tongue 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cherrycherry



Posts : 11
Join date : 2013-09-08
Location : Yorkshire, England

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:13 pm

Yes, absolutely! I almost put the lyrics to Feed Your Anger instead of In The Pit, but the beginning to In The Pit is so thudding and menacing it makes me think of the two of them walking towards the school with their weapons loaded.

Also adding the album 'The Joy Of Gunz' by Combichrist, for obvious reasons.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deathmedic



Posts : 237
Join date : 2013-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:46 pm

This one... So much so I made the video using the documentary footage.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JDM87



Posts : 204
Join date : 2013-03-17
Location : Earth

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:52 pm

I've also always thought "Paradise Now" by Die Krupps to be one that reminds me about Columbine, in particular the gunmen.

LYRICS:
look at the past what do you see
look at the present what do you see
look to the future what do you see
you clearly see what will be

growing content in these hearts and minds
an feeling of anger that makes them blind
rising to the surface the will to destroy
shaking the system like an defective toy

paradise now (x2)
all we need is
paradise now
make the fear that will break

shout out (x3)
to hell with agony
shout out (x3)
to hell with misery
shout out (x3)
to hell with agony
shout out (x3)
to hell with misery

look deep inside you
what do you feel
test your senses to see what is real
look in the mirror
who do you see
what you desire make reality

when enemies connect like separated brothers
when hell becomes heaven and haters lovers
then we will build the ideal place
and then lend us richer peace and grace

paradise now
all we need is
paradise now
meet your worst yet
build it now

shout out
to hell with agony
shout out
to hell with misery
shout out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:36 am

cherrycherry wrote:
A lot of songs by KMFDM, Rammstein and NIN remind me of Eric and Dylan, but a lot of material by Combichrist does also. I think if Combichrist had been around back then, both boys (but especially Eric) would have adored them.

Combichrist -- This Is My Rifle

'Tonight you pukes will sleep with your rifle
You will give your rifle a girls name
Because this is the only p***y you people are going to get

This is my rifle, it is my life
We are masters of our enemy
Till there is no enemy'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ism2I3HCGU

Combichrist -- In The Pit

'I'm cleaning out today
Now you can buy my soul
Everything must go
I'm closing down my life
I'm making room for a brand new show
It will consist of empty dreams
High fashion wars and dollar smiles
It will be filled with disco bombs
All I want is for you to be in the show
It's a matter of what I'll achieve
I'm all f****d up now I want you to care
Want it right now, I want you to care'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P6x3rPUNBU
AGREED. Eric especially would have loved this group
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:43 pm

Look what I found today:

Countess- Columbine High Blues

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PSJyEnghXQ
Back to top Go down
JohnnyB



Posts : 35
Join date : 2013-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:10 pm

KoRn - Thoughtless

After all, I did hear that that song is about school shootings. Watch the music video too
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maninthebox



Posts : 121
Join date : 2013-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:28 am

Coma white and Rock is dead by Marilyn Manson. I wonder if E&D liked "Mechanical animals".
And of course Pearl Jam "Rival".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moseley



Posts : 108
Join date : 2013-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:01 pm

A line from a Bob Dylan song describes H/K to a tee.

"“We’re two of a kind and our blood runs hot
But we’re no way similar in body or thought"

Tin Angel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maninthebox



Posts : 121
Join date : 2013-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:34 am

Bob Dylan's "Basement tapes" album now reminds of Columbine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moseley



Posts : 108
Join date : 2013-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:23 am

Another is "War" by Poets of the fall.

Especially this line

"I will let the memory heal, I will remember you with me on that field".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rik75



Posts : 718
Join date : 2013-10-13
Age : 42
Location : Cornwall England

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:03 am

Korn - fagot
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:45 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV9yhL6i2DE

Used in the movie Natural Born Killers during the tornado/escape scene.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Chagrin



Posts : 78
Join date : 2013-04-26
Age : 26
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:50 am

No Excuses - Alice In Chains

I believe wurmholesshadow used it in a video one time, and it's been associated with Columbine in my head ever since.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayJay



Posts : 293
Join date : 2013-09-28
Location : At the library

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:39 pm

Monster - Imagine Dragons



''Ever since I could remember
Everything inside of me
Just wanted to fit in (Oh oh oh oh)
I was never one for pretenders
Everything I tried to be
Just wouldn't settle in (Oh oh oh oh)

If I told you what I was
Would you turn your back on me?
And if I seem dangerous
Would you be scared?
I get the feeling just because
Everything I touch isn't dark enough
If this problem lies in me

I'm only a man with a chamber who's got me
I'm taking a stand to escape what's inside me
A monster, a monster
I've turned into a monster
A monster, a monster
And it keeps getting stronger

Can I clear my conscience,
If I'm different from the rest
Do I have to run and hide? (Oh oh oh oh)
I never said that I want this
This burden came to me
And it's made it's home inside (Oh oh oh oh) ''


[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

_________________
"Is evil something you are? Or is it something you do? My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape."
- American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis (1991)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:07 am

Glory and Gore- Lorde

"There's a humming in the restless summer air
And we're slipping off the course that we prepared
But in all chaos, there is calculation
Dropping glasses just to hear them break
You've been drinking like the world was gonna end (it didn't)
Took a shiner from the fist of your best friend (go figure)
It's clear that someone's gotta go
We mean it but I promise we're not mean

And the cry goes out
They lose their minds for us
And how it plays out
Now we're in the ring
And we're coming for blood

You could try and take us
But we're the gladiators
Everyone a rager
But secretly they're saviors
Glory and gore go hand in hand
That's why we're making headlines
You could try and take us
But victory's contagious

Delicate in every way but one (the swordplay)
God knows we like archaic kinds of fun (the old way)
Chance is the only game I play with, baby
We let our battles choose us

No-one round here's good at keeping their eyes closed
The sun's starting to light up when we're walking home
Tired little laughs, gold-lie promises, we'll always win at this
I don't ever think about death
It's alright if you do, it's fine
We gladiate but I guess we're really fighting ourselves
Roughing up our minds so we're ready when the kill time comes
Wide awake in bed, words in my brain,
"Secretly you love this do you even wanna go free?"
Let me in the ring, I'll show you what that big word means"
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:24 am

(Dylan and Eric's POV)

I can feel a phoenix inside of me
As I march alone to a different beat
Slowly swallowing down my fear
Yeah, yeah

I am ready for the road less traveled
Suiting up for my crowning battle
This test is my own cross to bear
But I will get there

It's never easy to be chosen
Never easy to be called
Standing on the front line
When the bombs start to fall
I can see heavens
But I still hear the flames
Calling out my name

I can see the writing on the wall
I can't ignore this war
At the end of it all
Who am I living for?

-----

(Rachel Scott's POV)

I can feel this light that's inside of me
Growing fast into a bolt of lightning
I know one spark will shock the world
Yeah, yeah

So I pray for favor like Esther
I need your strength to handle the pressure
I know there will be sacrifice
But that's the price

It's never easy to be chosen
Never easy to be called
Standing on the front line
When the bombs start to fall
I can see heavens
But I still hear the flames
Calling out my name

I can see the writing on the wall
I can't ignore this war
At the end of it all
Who am I living for?

I can see the writing on the wall
I can't ignore this war
At the end of it all
Who am I living for?

At the end, at the end
Who am I living for?
At the end, at the end
Who am I living for?

Heavy is head that wears the crown
Don't let the greatness get you down
Heavy is head that wears the crown
Don't let the greatness get you down

Oh yeah
I can see the writing on the wall
I can't ignore this war
At the end of it all
Who am I living for?

I can see the writing on the wall
I can't ignore this war
At the end of it all
Who am I living for?

At the end, at the end
Who am I living for?
At the end, at the end
Who am I living for?


Katy Perry - Who Am I Living For?

http://youtu.be/rohGaHdtW-o
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat



Posts : 520
Join date : 2013-12-21
Age : 22
Location : A dark hole from the universe

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:31 am

The song Mayonaise by The Smashing Pumpkings, always reminds me Dylan for some reason and Pumped Up Kicks of course too but is a pitty how in the beginning the people just listened to the music and not the lyrics

_________________
The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:14 am

Closer by NIN for obvious reasons. Lol
Back to top Go down
deelightful



Posts : 46
Join date : 2013-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:28 am

Lananas wrote:
Glory and Gore- Lorde

"There's a humming in the restless summer air
And we're slipping off the course that we prepared
But in all chaos, there is calculation
Dropping glasses just to hear them break
You've been drinking like the world was gonna end (it didn't)
Took a shiner from the fist of your best friend (go figure)
It's clear that someone's gotta go
We mean it but I promise we're not mean

And the cry goes out
They lose their minds for us
And how it plays out
Now we're in the ring
And we're coming for blood

You could try and take us
But we're the gladiators
Everyone a rager
But secretly they're saviors
Glory and gore go hand in hand
That's why we're making headlines
You could try and take us
But victory's contagious

Delicate in every way but one (the swordplay)
God knows we like archaic kinds of fun (the old way)
Chance is the only game I play with, baby
We let our battles choose us

No-one round here's good at keeping their eyes closed
The sun's starting to light up when we're walking home
Tired little laughs, gold-lie promises, we'll always win at this
I don't ever think about death
It's alright if you do, it's fine
We gladiate but I guess we're really fighting ourselves
Roughing up our minds so we're ready when the kill time comes
Wide awake in bed, words in my brain,
"Secretly you love this do you even wanna go free?"
Let me in the ring, I'll show you what that big word means"

Agreed. This song just screams Columbine to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:04 am

deelightful wrote:
Lananas wrote:
Glory and Gore- Lorde

"There's a humming in the restless summer air
And we're slipping off the course that we prepared
But in all chaos, there is calculation
Dropping glasses just to hear them break
You've been drinking like the world was gonna end (it didn't)
Took a shiner from the fist of your best friend (go figure)
It's clear that someone's gotta go
We mean it but I promise we're not mean

And the cry goes out
They lose their minds for us
And how it plays out
Now we're in the ring
And we're coming for blood

You could try and take us
But we're the gladiators
Everyone a rager
But secretly they're saviors
Glory and gore go hand in hand
That's why we're making headlines
You could try and take us
But victory's contagious

Delicate in every way but one (the swordplay)
God knows we like archaic kinds of fun (the old way)
Chance is the only game I play with, baby
We let our battles choose us

No-one round here's good at keeping their eyes closed
The sun's starting to light up when we're walking home
Tired little laughs, gold-lie promises, we'll always win at this
I don't ever think about death
It's alright if you do, it's fine
We gladiate but I guess we're really fighting ourselves
Roughing up our minds so we're ready when the kill time comes
Wide awake in bed, words in my brain,
"Secretly you love this do you even wanna go free?"
Let me in the ring, I'll show you what that big word means"

Agreed. This song just screams Columbine to me.
"Roughing up our minds so we're ready when the kill time comes"
When I first heard the song after buying her album, I was so shocked at how much this could relate to Columbine. Especially the line above...
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090
Moderator & Top 10 Contributor


Posts : 971
Join date : 2013-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Songs that remind you of Columbine.   Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Songs that remind you of Columbine.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
 Similar topics
-
» graciella's songs
» Character Theme Songs
» Alii's songs
» songs about family?
» Songs through google translate

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: