Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Describe Eric and Dylan using only 1 line.

Go down 
+9
TheFragile
deathmedic
JayJay
tfsa47090
areyoulistening
JDM87
Jenn
maninthebox
rik75
13 posters
AuthorMessage
JayJay

Contribution Points : 95964
Forum Reputation : 0

Describe Eric and Dylan using only 1 line. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Describe Eric and Dylan using only 1 line.   Describe Eric and Dylan using only 1 line. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 12:05 pm

thedragonrampant wrote:
InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
Eric: god of anger and passion (Zeus), expresses and externalizes strong emotion
Dylan: god of sadness and apathy, supresses and internalizes strong emotion

Hm. I'm envisoning archetypal tarot cards at this point.. ;)
CatherineM813 wrote:
Didn't Eric write an essay comparing himself to Zeus and how they both try to solve their problems the least violent way possible?
and.. "Zeus and I also get angry easily and punish people in unusual ways."
Hahaha, I totally forgot about this one. Laughing And, of course, he'd have to pick a god designated as 'king of the gods'.. What else is new.

I love the original description from you, InFiNiNcEX5. :)I was reminded very strongly of the court cards in tarot all of a sudden as well, so I went on the hunt for descriptions and think I located Dylan in full and most of Eric.. It's easier to place them in court cards than it would be in the archetypes used in the Major Arcana.
Holy Moly. These cards are so spot on, it's not even funny.

(Actually yes, it kind of is.)

''Knight of Cup:

A knight in the truest sense, this is the knight of love, the "emo" teen: dreamy, sensitive, moody, "deep." He plays music, spends long hours alone in his room with the shades drawn, he writes dark, meaningful poetry. He or she will fall in love, profoundly and romantically, and believe that theirs is the most true, the most intense and spiritual love ever.

They can, likewise, see themselves as more spiritual, artistic or "deep" than others. They have a tendency to believe that others just "don't understand" and can't understand the power of their feelings.

The Knight of Cups should be watched for depression, which can be very real and serious. This teen or teen-like person may be so lost in emotions that they are inclined toward suicide. They are also in danger of experimenting with drugs and alcohol, not to have fun, but to escape from their intense feelings. Though moody, the Knight of Cups is fiercely loyal to anyone and anything he loves, including family.''

Knight of Swords:

''Too smart for his own good, the Knight of Swords is also too talkative. He/she is the sort to get into a dozen flame wars on a dozen internet chat sites. This is the sort of teen/teen-like person who will questions his teachers (bosses), likes to play devil's advocate, and argue with his friends and family just for the sake of arguing.

Cool and logical, he can be very smart and amazing at problem-solving. This, however, can make him arrogant, cold, even cruel to those he views as not so bright. This sharp mind and sharp tongue can also lead him to spread gossip or nasty rumors just to see what will happen. He may be an internet troll or hacker and likely to cause serious trouble or get into serious trouble because of it. He fails to consider the consequences of his words, and can be uncaring about others feelings.

He is, however, a good Knight to have on your side, as he will find clever ways to win in battle. If there's anything this knight will fight and die for, it is for freedom of information and speech.

"Is evil something you are? Or is it something you do? My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape."
- American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis (1991)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Describe Eric and Dylan using only 1 line.   Describe Eric and Dylan using only 1 line. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 12:17 pm

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
Eric: god of anger and passion (Zeus), expresses and externalizes strong emotion
Dylan: god of sadness and apathy, supresses and internalizes strong emotion

Hm. I'm envisoning archetypal tarot cards at this point.. ;)
CatherineM813 wrote:
Didn't Eric write an essay comparing himself to Zeus and how they both try to solve their problems the least violent way possible?
and.. "Zeus and I also get angry easily and punish people in unusual ways."
thedragonrampant wrote:
Hahaha, I totally forgot about this one. Laughing And, of course, he'd have to pick a god designated as 'king of the gods'.. What else is new.
And one that incidentally has multiple women at his beckoning. ;)

thedragonrampant wrote:
I love the original description from you, InFiNiNcEX5. :)I was reminded very strongly of the court cards in tarot all of a sudden as well, so I went on the hunt for descriptions and think I located Dylan in full and most of Eric.. It's easier to place them in court cards than it would be in the archetypes used in the Major Arcana.
Thank you! Smile  I like and very much applaud your minor arcana choices! I chuckled at the "teen" description meanings and they're so dang spot on too.  Dylan as the teenage Emo Knight with those cups of deep, hidden/supressed emotional waters and Emo Knight Rebel Eric with naturally.. a weapon (what else, eh?),  a sharp, ascerbic sword used to conquer and subjegate (or in his mind, The Hero of Natural Selection, charging in to battle to defend the weird and rejected outcasts from the unworthy human virus.))

As for major arcana choices, I see the boys primarily as:

Dylan - The Hermit - ruled by Virgo (but of course)
It truly encapsulates his constant thinking and analyzing in solitude. The feelings of difference and isolation on that mountaintop to the point where he begins to justify it as a fate of superiority.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Reversed: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Eric - The Emperor - ruled by the passionate fire of Aries (ah, naturally)
Imo, a the foundation of what shapes Eric and his desire to become REB stems from unresolved issues surrounding his rigid ruling father, The ultimate Emperor. Lots of unresolved partriachal energy there.
Reversed: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

4/20 to them would be (The) Judgement

However, to the world, it was The Tower, a cataclysmic, earth shattering bomb of a message.

And now, I suppose, we've meandered completely off topic - OH well! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Describe Eric and Dylan using only 1 line.   Describe Eric and Dylan using only 1 line. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 1:40 pm

Ooohh, I like that we've gone a little deeper into this. Very Happy 

Must admit, I read the Knight of Cups and went Shocked at just how accurate it was. It's so much Dylan, it's not even funny. I was a little torn between Swords and Wands for Eric, though. He seems to have a bit of both, because these read as quite accurate from the Wands-description. (I'd actually like to say that a healthy version of Eric would probably very much be like the Knight of Wands? I see younger Eric in the full description of that one.)

Aeclectic Tarot wrote:
Knight of Wands is the "tilting at windmills" Knight. The kind of youth who always goes for grand, dramatic gestures.
On the negative side, this teen can be headstrong, bossy or a bully-and a risk-taker, meaning he could do dangerous things and convince others to do dangerous things. A little narcissistic, he's not always sensitive to others feelings.
he can be fiercely loyal to his friends, and his religion whether that is sports, a philosophy or church.
What might also be interesting is to read the descriptions for the respective Kings of the deck. They are who the boys might have grown up to be, but I'd sooner place Eric in the Wands-category for this one as well. (Damn the trickiness of this kid. No )

Major Arcana choices are very interesting, and very well put! I'd also consider Moon for Dylan and Magician for Eric. Moon with the "that scary, dreamy, secret otherworld where lies the most powerful and dark magic and artistic talents" and Magician with the "time when one is eloquent and charismatic, clever, witty, inventive and persuasive". They're influential aspects at the very least, although I really think you've hit the nail on the head with your cards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Describe Eric and Dylan using only 1 line.   Describe Eric and Dylan using only 1 line. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 2:42 pm

thedragonrampant wrote:
Ooohh, I like that we've gone a little deeper into this. Very Happy 

Must admit, I read the Knight of Cups and went Shocked at just how accurate it was. It's so much Dylan, it's not even funny. I was a little torn between Swords and Wands for Eric, though. He seems to have a bit of both, because these read as quite accurate from the Wands-description. (I'd actually like to say that a healthy version of Eric would probably very much be like the Knight of Wands? I see younger Eric in the full description of that one.)
That description of Knight of Cups does eerily fit Dylan to a tee. Eric definitely does seem a cusp of wands and swords.  If he hadn't turned to the dark side, I'm sure Eric would've been a forced to be reckoned with whatever field he eventually found himself agreeable with - given his inclination for hard work, effort and discipline.  Both the wands/swords symbol are dynamic, active, take-charge qualities where as Dylan having that emo aspect, is receptive - harboring and swallowing emotions and given the constant mental pondering of intellectual ideas and thoughts, I can see Dylan emboding the Sword energy in a stagnant, isolated, anxiety-driven fashion such as the Eight and Nine of Swords.

The two together are like a symbiotic yin and yang, like puzzle pieces that complete one another in areas where each lacks so that by the time they agreed upon NBK, the inertia of ingenuity, planning, rage building and action all together executed with deadly momentum.  Even though the bombs failed and the plan didn't go precisely as they had hoped, for teenage boys joining forces, they were a somwhat efficent, rare, deadly dyad. I guess that would be a backhanded compliment.. ;)

thedragonrampant wrote:
Major Arcana choices are very interesting, and very well put! I'd also consider Moon for Dylan and Magician for Eric. Moon with the "that scary, dreamy, secret otherworld where lies the most powerful and dark magic and artistic talents" and Magician with the "time when one is eloquent and charismatic, clever, witty, inventive and persuasive". They're influential aspects at the very least, although I really think you've hit the nail on the head with your cards.
That's too funny because my second choice for Eric was the Magician! Hee. Great minds.. ;) Eric knows how to accomplish his passions, his dreams.  Yep, I can also see the influences of the deceptive Moon energy in Dylan, certainly.  My second choice would probably be The Hanged Man with the introversion, sensitivity and surrendering to his Fate to get to his spiritual destiny.  

Back to top Go down
Love

Love

Contribution Points : 66666
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Describe Eric and Dylan using only 1 line.   Describe Eric and Dylan using only 1 line. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2016 3:51 pm

Dylan: sad, mysterious, suffering stranger, incarnate in human form, without the possibility of human existence.
Eric: impulsive, knowledgeable and unyielding, but sensitive and touchy rebel.
Both: intelligent, unhappy, rejected children, vindictive and cruel killers.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 78761
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Describe Eric and Dylan using only 1 line.   Describe Eric and Dylan using only 1 line. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2016 1:26 am

Eric: misunderstood
Dylan: lover

PostSubject: Re: Describe Eric and Dylan using only 1 line.   Describe Eric and Dylan using only 1 line. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Describe Eric and Dylan using only 1 line.
Page 1 of 1