Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Shooting at Arapahoe High School

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
queenfarooq

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at Arapahoe High School   Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:51 pm

gustopoet wrote:
Question remains: how "into" Columbine was Pierson? It would be something if we eventually find out that he had a specific interest in or even obsession with Eric and Dylan.

It's an interesting question, however I've not come across anything that would suggest he had a particular interest in Columbine, maybe others have.

Speaking of the Columbine connection, I came across this article:
Arapahoe Student’s Mother’s Husband Was A Student At Columbine In 1999
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at Arapahoe High School   Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:03 am

The Colorado school-shooting gunman wrote the Latin phrase Alea iacta est — meaning "The die has been cast" — on his arm, along with numbers and letters that investigators believe outlined his plan for carnage, officials said Thursday.

But police now suspect he may have had other targets because of the markings found on his forearm after he critically wounded senior Claire Davis and killed himself.

The numbers and letters he wrote next to the Latin phrase "correlate directly with the identification of the Library and specific classrooms located in the immediate area," the Arapahoe Sheriff's Office said in a statement.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/12/17/21942015-colorado-school-shooter-wrote-latin-phrase-classroom-numbers-on-his-arm?lite

and!

He also was a fan of the bomb-making manual "Anarchist's Cookbook," a revelation that led the author to forcefully call for it to be taken out of print.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/12/17/21938739-after-latest-shooting-murder-manual-author-calls-for-book-to-be-taken-immediately-out-of-print?lite

ETA: "Temporarily Out of Stock"  LOL  Gee, I wonder why..
http://www.amazon.com/The-Anarchist-Cookbook-William-Powell/dp/0974458902/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387347313&sr=8-1&keywords=anarchist+cookbook
Back to top Go down
Renegade~

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at Arapahoe High School   Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:32 pm

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:

He also was a fan of the bomb-making manual "Anarchist's Cookbook," a revelation that led the author to forcefully call for it to be taken out of print.

ETA: "Temporarily Out of Stock"   LOL     Gee, I wonder why..

IIRC though, Mr. Powell has converted to some form of Christianity and has been trying to pull the book from circulation for a while.
I can understand him wanting to do at least what he can to remove it, but books/works of literature are basically the hardest thing to effectively ban, lol.
Yeah, they can pull it from major retailers and such but it'll still be [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] the information contained from the internet and whatnot  Rolling Eyes .

Quote :
The Colorado school-shooting gunman wrote the Latin phrase Alea iacta est — meaning "The die has been cast" — on his arm, along with numbers and letters that investigators believe outlined his plan for carnage, officials said Thursday.
 I'm kinda curious as to what exactly made that phrase significant to him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at Arapahoe High School   Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:57 pm

Claire Davis died today:

queenfarooq

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at Arapahoe High School   Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:10 pm

LPorter101 wrote:
Claire Davis died today:

That's really sad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at Arapahoe High School   Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:35 pm

queenfarooq wrote:
LPorter101 wrote:
Claire Davis died today:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/21/us/colorado-arapahoe-shooting-death/index.html

That's really sad.

That is really, really too bad.  Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
JayJay

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at Arapahoe High School   Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:05 am

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
queenfarooq wrote:
LPorter101 wrote:
Claire Davis died today:

That's really sad.

That is really, really too bad.  Crying or Very sad 

Terrible...What a sad Christmas time for this family.  Crying or Very sad 

"Is evil something you are? Or is it something you do? My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape."
- American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis (1991)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at Arapahoe High School   Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:30 pm

Sad 
Back to top Go down
Z_Splatter

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at Arapahoe High School   Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:53 am

Apparently this shooter went bowling the morning of the shooting. Not sure if he thought that E&D did too. I know that is a popular notion after the Moore movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
queenfarooq

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at Arapahoe High School   Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:25 pm

Z_Splatter wrote:
Apparently this shooter went bowling the morning of the shooting. Not sure if he thought that E&D did too. I know that is a popular notion after the Moore movie.

I have also read this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"Like the Columbine High School gunmen 14 years ago, Pierson also took himself bowling shortly before the shooting, Arapahoe County Sheriff Grayson Robinson said during the news conference."

Hmm, I think this paper also believed E/D went bowling on 4/20.
I've not read a huge amount about this particular case but I've still not come across anything that would suggest this guy had a particular interest in the Columbine shootings. There are a number of coincidences of course but i'm not sure if i personally believe (yet) that this shooting was somehow motivated or connected to Columbine.

Here is another article that talks about the bowling: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It also states: "Robinson said there was no direct evidence Pierson was inspired by or had interest in the Columbine massacre."
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at Arapahoe High School   Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:24 am

queenfarooq wrote:

It also states: "Robinson said there was no direct evidence Pierson was inspired by or had interest in the Columbine massacre."

Ah let's see: he went bowling, then to the school with a shotgun and Molotov cocktails to kill people, then shot himself in a back corner of the library.

But he didn't have any interest in Columbine?!

If you ask me, that's even weirder than if he was obsessed with Columbine.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at Arapahoe High School   Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:36 pm

gustopoet wrote:
queenfarooq wrote:

Ah let's see: he went bowling, then to the school with a shotgun and Molotov cocktails to kill people, then shot himself in a back corner of the library.

But he didn't have any interest in Columbine?!

If you ask me, that's even weirder than if he was obsessed with Columbine.

E&D didn't even go to their bowling classes on the morning of the shooting. Even if Karl was interested in Columbine, he probably sucked at it.  Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at Arapahoe High School   Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:34 pm

[quote="Lananas"}
E&D didn't even go to their bowling classes on the morning of the shooting. Even if Karl was interested in Columbine, he probably sucked at it.  Rolling Eyes [/quote]

Not to mention his 80 sec "rampage." It's not a funny situation but some aspects of it sure seem to have a black humor about them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at Arapahoe High School   Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:44 am

Video I found of students evacuating:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=605_1386970719
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shooting at Arapahoe High School   Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:23 am

From Tumblr..

Cameron Rust, a security guard at Arapahoe High School, talks about why the shooting last December was preventable, with special focus on the negligence of Arapahoe’s administration to respond to potential/perceived/actual threats.

Prior warnings - specific to December 13, 2013:

Security team and teachers bring up concerns from the previous year regarding Karl Pierson.
Death threat from Karl Pierson directly to Tracy Murphy was made.

The security team reported to Administration that Karl was looking up guns, on his computer, in the school cafeteria. Administration came back and told the security team it was Karl’s personal computer and he can do what he wants.

Administration makes comments such as “We will read about that kid (Karl) in the news someday, it just won’t be at Arapahoe.”

Karl began drawing symbols on his math tests.

Karl began using the word “Comrade.”

Many teachers can refer to many other incidents that were reported to Administration regarding Karl.
The majority of things reported on Karl were never in his school file.

Day before the incident Karl was sent home due to anger outburst to another teacher.

Security team was in the process of going outside the school Administration to bring the above and other issues to the public’s attention, unfortunately that was unable to happen prior to December 13th.
Rust has since been placed on paid leave and has basically been isolated from the school’s administration, in his opinion, “based on warnings, documentation, and voicing our opinions, to Arapahoe High School Administration prior to December 13, 2013. What other reason would the school have to exclude us or not include us, from every healing event that has taken place since Claire’s death?”

Please help spread this. Arapahoe High School’s administrators are not responsible for Karl Pierson’s actions, but they ought to be held accountable for their negligence.

http://nsihealthcarerecruiters.com/arapahoe-high-security-guard-says-shooting-couldve-been-prevented/?nsi+healthcare+recruiters
Back to top Go down

Shooting at Arapahoe High School
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2