Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dylan and White Zombie

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Dylan and White Zombie  Empty
PostSubject: Dylan and White Zombie    Dylan and White Zombie  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 5:22 pm

Since I'm quite interested in the kind of music both of them had listened to (mainly because in my opinion music mirrors mood, personality and sort of an identification-value) that topic caught my attention:

"Items retrieved from Dylan Klebolds glovebox; bag of chicklets gum, BMW emblems,two blackjack napkins, pair of “bollé” sunglasses, white zombie cassette"I've also read that Dylan planned on adding "Black Sunshine - White Zombie" to his playlist for a website he thought about building.

So that's what got me curious: I've been a Rob Zombie fan since 2ooo. Black Sunshine by WZ came out in 1992 (if I remember correctly) so Dylan would've been around 11 then. Rob Zombie released his first Soloalbum in 1998 also featuring Rammstein in a remix of Spookshow baby. Since both of them were fans of Rammstein (and appearantly liked WZ) ,do you think Dylan listened to Rob Zombie as well? I'm curious about other peoples guesses.

(Please excuse my lacking Englishskills, my first language is German Laughing )
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 100313
Forum Reputation : 91

PostSubject: Re: Dylan and White Zombie    Dylan and White Zombie  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 6:25 pm

White Zombie were well known and admired by many in this country in the mid to late 1990s, so I personally think it's likely that both of them knew about White Zombie/Rob, even without the Rammstein affiliation.

La Sexorcisto: Devil Music Volume One was released in 1992 (Black Sunshine is from this album), and the track "Thunderkiss '65" was shown on Beavis and Butthead in 1993, and that catapulted the band's popularity here, even though others were already aware of them.

Astro Creep: 2000 was released in 1995, and the very popular track "More Human Than Human" came from this album.

So, again, I believe that they were well aware of White Zombie long before Rob's solo work.
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 101637
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Dylan and White Zombie    Dylan and White Zombie  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 7:38 pm

abrutedrowning wrote:
Since I'm quite interested in the kind of music both of them had listened to (mainly because in my opinion music mirrors mood, personality and sort of an identification-value) that topic caught my attention:

You may be interested in this topic: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

abrutedrowning wrote:
do you think Dylan listened to Rob Zombie as well? I'm curious about other peoples guesses.

I think as tfsa47090 mentioned it is very likely both E/D knew of Rob Zombie's work. But it's hard to tell if they actually listened to any of his solo music without any kind of a source. Out of the two of them though it seems like Dylan makes the most references to White Zombie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan and White Zombie    Dylan and White Zombie  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 4:22 am

Thanks guys  Smile I didn't know RZ was that popular in the 9o's. I didn't know many people back than who liked his music (at least in my country xD).

Thanks for the link! I looked at it. I've often read that Dylan quoted "the perfect drug" by NIN as well but I'm wondering where this statement comes from since I can't recall him talking/writing about it O.o
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090

PostSubject: Re: Dylan and White Zombie    Dylan and White Zombie  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 5:06 am

abrutedrowning wrote:
Thanks guys  Smile I didn't know RZ was that popular in the 9o's. I didn't know many people back than who liked his music (at least in my country xD).

Thanks for the link! I looked at it. I've often read that Dylan quoted "the perfect drug" by NIN as well but I'm wondering where this statement comes from since I can't recall him talking/writing about it O.o

You're very welcome! Yes, White Zombie became pretty massive here in the mid to late 1990s. I was very lucky to be able to see them perform live in 1996. It was a really fun show. I don't mind Rob's solo stuff, but his work with a band as White Zombie was the best, in my opinion.

I don't have anything in front of me right now, and I am so tired that my eyes are crossing, but I am vaguely recalling that Dylan referenced NiN and the Smashing Pumpkins the most out of any bands. I know I am not giving much information here, and I may have that wrong, but I know for certain he really liked Smashing Pumpkins.

UPDATE: Before I pass out, I did an image search along with a basic search on google, and I found this photo of Dylan writing "The Perfect Drug" lyrics. I wish I had more time to pinpoint the page number from the documents for you, but I MUST go to bed. As you can see, the lyrics to NiN's "Closer" are on the right, as well.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan and White Zombie    Dylan and White Zombie  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 5:17 am

That's cool Very Happy I like White Zombie and RZ equally. I wish I was able to see them perform. But RZ is at a 3 day festival at my country this summer. I've never seen him perform before so I'm alread quiete exited Very Happy

Thank you very much! I really appreciate your effort! I kinda feel bad for not finding it myself and that you were so kind to look it up for me although you're tired u.u *feels to dumb to use google properly* xD

But again: thank you very much, I hope you sleep well Smile!
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090

PostSubject: Re: Dylan and White Zombie    Dylan and White Zombie  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 2:18 am

abrutedrowning wrote:
That's cool :DI like White Zombie and RZ equally. I wish I was able to see them perform. But RZ is at a 3 day festival at my country this summer. I've never seen him perform before so I'm alread quiete exited Very Happy

Thank you very much! I really appreciate your effort! I kinda feel bad for not finding it myself and that you were so kind to look it up for me although you're tired u.u *feels to dumb to use google properly* xD

But again: thank you very much, I hope you sleep well Smile!

Oh, it was no problem at all. You're very welcome. Please, don't feel bad, and thank you for your kind words! Very Happy 

I just like to share page numbers because so many people have done so throughout the years on different forums concerning this topic, and it really helps out. I can't really do it as of late because I simply don't have the time to scroll through all of those documents. I am always working or doing schoolwork (I was on vacation for about a week and a half, but I am back to my regular horrible schedule). Someday, I need to make notes with the more common pages of interest, but I am certain others here have done so. I knew I had seen that planner/journal of Dylan's before, and it was in the document sets, but it all starts to become a blur.

It is such an enormous thing to scroll through. And when you are focused on finding one particular thing (and if you happen to be sleep deprived it's even worse) you can become even more befuddled. I read through that 11K in its entirety many years ago, probably three or four times. But in recent years, I have been skimming it, and I often scroll right by what I am looking for a few times without realizing it.

I hope you have a wonderful time at the festival! I am sure it will be so much fun! My boyfriend actually went to a festival like that here in the U.S. It was also for three days. It was quite far from where we live, and he traveled there with friends. He went two years in a row, and Rob Zombie was there both years, too. That was the highlight for him, as well. He is the opposite of me: he loves White Zombie but is more fond of Rob's solo work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan and White Zombie    Dylan and White Zombie  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 3:30 am

Since there are so many pages I can understand that. Up til now I've only read some sections of the 11k but I already can imagine how hard it is to find something specific in it. When trying to look something up yesterday I had problemens finding it on evanlong.net because I found no matching pagenumber. It's also quite difficult to look some things up because there are some sites that I can not acces from my country. I don't really know why tough  Question 

Thank you, I'm so exited about it Very Happy! It's an annual festival here and my boyfriend goes there every year since 2oo5 Smile I decided to go there as well this year because I really dig the line-up Very Happy Can't wait to see RZ perform since I missed the Twins of Evil tour last year :/
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 101637
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Dylan and White Zombie    Dylan and White Zombie  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 8:58 am

abrutedrowning wrote:
Since there are so many pages I can understand that. Up til now I've only read some sections of the 11k but I already can imagine how hard it is to find something specific in it. When trying to look something up yesterday I had problemens finding it on evanlong.net because I found no matching pagenumber. It's also quite difficult to look some things up because there are some sites that I can not acces from my country. I don't really know why tough  Question 

There is a text searchable version of most of the Columbine documents on this forum that you can download. It's extremely useful if you are looking for specific references.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylan and White Zombie    Dylan and White Zombie  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 3:34 am

Thank you Smile I'll download it today Smile!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dylan and White Zombie    Dylan and White Zombie  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dylan and White Zombie
Page 1 of 1